• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Welcome to 'merica!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03942nkIgkE

(Why would you leave your stuff in Pakistan if it is no longer your permanent residence?
It's because as a passenger you are only allowed to take with you a carry on weighing under 8 pounds and 2 pieces of luggage weighing under 50 pounds. There wasn't enough space to put them in plus I had other more important stuff to take with me that took up the weight/space. I might get them back through someone else at some other time.

smurfx

get some go again
It's because as a passenger you are only allowed to take with you a carry on weighing under 8 pounds and 2 pieces of luggage weighing under 50 pounds. There wasn't enough space to put them in plus I had other more important stuff to take with me that took up the weight/space. I might get them back through someone else at some other time.
well buy a 360 and get marvel so you can play us.

nuts to that.

Azure J

For real, I need advice on what to do in the neutral game. I'm feeling kinda salty. sick and tired of knowing that when Dante goes, I can't stop one directional forward pressure from getting the better of me when I want to take things slow and patiently.

Especially lately with Amaterasu. She's easily my "solid" character where she isn't mixup or shenanigans based, but there to capitalize off of poor mistakes (Vergil whiffs). The problem is, now that's not good enough and I need to learn more to get her at least on par with Strider.

Anyone want to through out a thought or two?

JeTmAn81

I don't understand the logic behind the Fanatiq/RayRay avatar bet. I want Fanatiq to win, so I won't bet and if he does win, all the people who bet against him have to change their avatars anyway, and if he loses I won't have to do anything because I didn't bet :p

JeTmAn81

For real, I need advice on what to do in the neutral game. I'm feeling kinda salty. sick and tired of knowing that when Dante goes, I can't stop one directional forward pressure from getting the better of me when I want to take things slow and patiently.

Especially lately with Amaterasu. She's easily my "solid" character where she isn't mixup or shenanigans based, but there to capitalize off of poor mistakes (Vergil whiffs). The problem is, now that's not good enough and I need to learn more to get her at least on par with Strider.

Anyone want to through out a thought or two?

Amaterasu is great, but I feel like a Strider anchor team needs to have two other characters with really easy self-OTG's off the Vajra hard knockdown. Otherwise your synergy doesn't persist past the knockout of your first character, in this case Dante. How about just running Ammy last? That way you can rely on slowdowns and X-factor bonuses to help you with your mixups. This would match up with Cl0ckwork's team config (Self-OTGer in Doom, Strider, Ammy).

Dahbomb

I don't understand the logic behind the Fanatiq/RayRay avatar bet. I want Fanatiq to win, so I won't bet and if he does win, all the people who bet against him have to change their avatars anyway, and if he loses I won't have to do anything because I didn't bet :p
It's not hype unless something is on the line. Compared to losing $2000+, an avatar bet is nothing in comparison.

It's not hype unless something is on the line. Compared to losing $2000+, an avatar bet is nothing in comparison.
We need avatar bets between coasts on a 1v1 basis. Let each person make an avatar for that one person and vice versa. Now that'd make it interesting. Beef would not want to be paired with me lol.

You are right though. It doesn't feel like there is enough on the line in comparison to the match itself. I don't like the idea of dabbling in money online though. :p
That'd be Shuma.
What abo-

No, you are right.

Dahbomb

i forgot that X-23 was in this game. least talked about character?
Definitely not least but certain only of the lesser talked about and lesser played characters out there despite being quite good. X-23 suffers from character archetype syndrome much like Iron Man.

smurfx

get some go again
We need avatar bets between coasts on a 1v1 basis. Let each person make an avatar for that one person and vice versa. Now that'd make it interesting. Beef would not want to be paired with me lol.

You are right though. It doesn't feel like there is enough on the line in comparison to the match itself. I don't like the idea of dabbling in money online though. :p

What abo-

No, you are right.
i would just make an avatar of some almost naked girl and have the mods remove their rights to an avatar. the would be the ultimate troll.

LProtag

I think I might finally pick up Ultimate.

SFxTK apparently just didn't have the legs everyone thought it would and I gave up on it. Also my friend just got Ultimate and it's basically the only fighting game he'll ever play so if I want to actually play people in person... yeah.

Edit: Oh, I randomly picked a team once at someone's house and completely destroyed him at the game. He complained that it was because I was using Dante. Help me build a team around Dante so I can make him salty.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm glad this thread was active again. It was kinda bad when people actually cared about SfxT.

lol, it was still alive ever since. I still lurking around a lot and trying to learn how to get better. No one do Gaf Lobby anymore so it's disappointing to see that.

I got bored of SF x TK pretty faster than I am with SSF4 unfortunately. I will play SF x TK more when they finally release new characters.

Azure J

Amaterasu is great, but I feel like a Strider anchor team needs to have two other characters with really easy self-OTG's off the Vajra hard knockdown. Otherwise your synergy doesn't persist past the knockout of your first character, in this case Dante. How about just running Ammy last? That way you can rely on slowdowns and X-factor bonuses to help you with your mixups. This would match up with Cl0ckwork's team config (Self-OTGer in Doom, Strider, Ammy).

You know, for a long time, I was considering switching the position of Ammy & Strider on my team because Strider gets so much more mileage with Cold Shots than he does assistless. I decided against it initially because I liked being able to DHC from Dante to Ammy to Strider for absolute damage from Million Dollars - Okami Shuffle - Legion. I also felt like I could just DHC from Ammy to Strider and get the assist.

Nowadays though, I'm kinda wondering if Dante/Strider/Ammy is the better configuration from the start.

Solune

You know, for a long time, I was considering switching the position of Ammy & Strider on my team because Strider gets so much more mileage with Cold Shots than he does assistless. I decided against it initially because I liked being able to DHC from Dante to Ammy to Strider for absolute damage from Million Dollars - Okami Shuffle - Legion. I also felt like I could just DHC from Ammy to Strider and get the assist.

Nowadays though, I'm kinda wondering if Dante/Strider/Ammy is the better configuration from the start.

I think that might be a good idea, considering Clockwork has the same team lineup. Plus you'd have access to THC Shenanigans with Strider as second. Also Ammy is still ok as an anchor and doesn't really need meter, so it's ok to blow your resources on Strider.

Also I think a few pages back you were asking for more damage to add to your combo with Dante+Assists. I've been working on a BnB with the assists you have. Basically you can do MHStinger (Call Strider) xx BC Volcano xx TK Volcano (Vajra hits) xx TK Volcano > J.H xx Killer Bee > S xx Clay Pigeon xx lv2 Stinger xx BC Hammer. (Call Ammy) Million Carats > (Cold shower hits) Million Carats > Beehive xx Million Dollars

I did it yesterday but I forgot to take down the data and the damage but it's like 780k I think... If you want I can upload a vid. Actually been working on alot of combos involving Dante/X/X but just too lazy to complete anything.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

SFxTK apparently just didn't have the legs everyone thought it would and I gave up on it. Also my friend just got Ultimate and it's basically the only fighting game he'll ever play so if I want to actually play people in person... yeah.

Edit: Oh, I randomly picked a team once at someone's house and completely destroyed him at the game. He complained that it was because I was using Dante. Help me build a team around Dante so I can make him salty.
Are you this guy?

ibdi497DyLrQe6.png

No? Great! Welcome to MahvelGAF! If you have some logistics questions, remember to consult OP and it's FAQ.

Tobe

lol, it was still alive ever since. I still lurking around a lot and trying to learn how to get better. No one do Gaf Lobby anymore so it's disappointing to see that.

I got bored of SF x TK pretty faster than I am with SSF4 unfortunately. I will play SF x TK more when they finally release new characters.

Kadey's fault, we like being streamed.

just give me a fix on rapid fire fist and i'll be happy. how the hell can you have a hyper that punishes you potentially if you land it on air born opponents. you should be rewarded and not punished. even if you don't mash at all there is no guarantee the opponent won't flip out. when they do then you just missed out on a bunch of damage by not mashing.
I agree. Let's wait for that update to see what Capcom does.
Yeah, a Potemkin grappler would be BS!

Instead, give the best command throw in the game to a teleporter.
It makes perfect sense when ya think about it...

@_@

Azure J

Big Two had a hype ass Trish on and now I want to play her. Why is Marvel so fucking open ended and creative? :lol

I think that might be a good idea, considering Clockwork has the same team lineup. Plus you'd have access to THC Shenanigans with Strider as second. Also Ammy is still ok as an anchor and doesn't really need meter, so it's ok to blow your resources on Strider.

Also I think a few pages back you were asking for more damage to add to your combo with Dante+Assists. I've been working on a BnB with the assists you have. Basically you can do MHStinger (Call Strider) xx BC Volcano xx TK Volcano (Vajra hits) xx TK Volcano > J.H xx Killer Bee > S xx Clay Pigeon xx lv2 Stinger xx BC Hammer. (Call Ammy) Million Carats > (Cold shower hits) Million Carats > Beehive xx Million Dollars

I did it yesterday but I forgot to take down the data and the damage but it's like 780k I think... If you want I can upload a vid. Actually been working on alot of combos involving Dante/X/X but just too lazy to complete anything.

Seriously speaking, after you linked me to that teaser for the High Impact Dante video, I've been aching to get TK Volcanoes off consistently since his highest damage seems to come from liberal usage of that and Million Carats. Of course, I can only do the TKs from the P1 side on 360 pad (I use the control stick btw, don't think I mentioned this before) but everything else I'm making a note on to see dat damage.

That being said, Strider THC stuff? Do tell. :D

Dahbomb

Best Dante team is Viper/Dante/Strider or Zero/Dante/Strider IMO. Dante is godly with Strider behind him. You can also play him with Vergil for maximum salt, people get really angry losing against the twins on the same team.

LProtag

Hm, I'll try out Strider. One of the few people I play with is in love with him, so I'd want to avoid him, but if he works that well with Dante, he's worth trying.

Dahbomb

Honestly speaking very few people actually build teams around Dante. He is so versatile in his point capabilities and assist selection that you don't need to build a team around him like you need to with other characters.

Strider works well with Dante because it enables combo extension, teleport mix ups and easy mode hit for Dante since he can easily combo after a Vajra hit. Few characters can do it as easy as Dante. Putting Dante and Strider on a team means you have 2 of the best vertical/super jump height controlling assists in the game.

Azure J

Best Dante team is Viper/Dante/Strider or Zero/Dante/Strider IMO. Dante is godly with Strider behind him. You can also play him with Vergil for maximum salt, people get really angry losing against the twins on the same team.

I feel like I'm tierwhoring for slowly gravitating towards Viper/Dante/Strider. :lol

Meanwhile, I get saltier over Vergil than I do for Dante or even Zero nowadays. And I want to play him too...

Go figure.

shaowebb

Just posting this here because I promised one of you I would.

I don't know who it was who asked me a long time ago when I'd be drawing a picture of Ironfist for my work at college but I figured I'd hold up to my word and post this here since I'm finally working on one. It needs a helluva lot of cleanup work like playing with rulers and leveling out areas of it to fix my linework since it was all a rough, but it looked decent enough for me to bother retouching the linework, doing flatting, replacing my placeholder lettering with real lettering, color, light and shadow work to it.

Barebones rough image is rough and its nowhere near as clean as my portfolio stuff but a promise is a promise.

Manly Picture Time.
Eivrb.png

Fire away. I'm planning on doing more UMVC3 art once this is done along with some Skullgirls and possibly KOF. I got a lot of CG to finish over the next 5 months though so it'll be slow, but I plan on trying to fanart this stuff hopefully resulting in art of teams or something. Everyone needs a hobby.

Just posting this here because I promised one of you I would.

I don't know who it was who asked me a long time ago when I'd be drawing a picture of Ironfist for my work at college but I figured I'd hold up to my word and post this here since I'm finally working on one. It needs a helluva lot of cleanup work like playing with rulers and leveling out areas of it to fix my linework since it was all a rough, but it looked decent enough for me to bother retouching the linework, doing flatting, replacing my placeholder lettering with real lettering, color, light and shadow work to it.

Barebones rough image is rough and its nowhere near as clean as my portfolio stuff but a promise is a promise.

Manly Picture Time.
Eivrb.png

Fire away. I'm planning on doing more UMVC3 art once this is done along with some Skullgirls and possibly KOF. I got a lot of CG to finish over the next 5 months though so it'll be slow, but I plan on trying to fanart this stuff hopefully resulting in art of teams or something. Everyone needs a hobby.

MANLY picture is MANLY, but yeah, it does need some fixes. Maybe it's just because I can't fully see it, but I think the front arm is a little too twisted.

...Oh, does that last part mean you're doing UMVC3 requests? Because if so the world definitely needs more LOG TRAPs.

Should've put a praying mantis on his head. 1/10

Kidding! It's not bad!

That reminds me I still really really wish there was an actual The Life of Captain Badass picture book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom