• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Really don't hope to see a money match in the hundreds of thousands.
LOL why not? The bigger the pot the hyper the match.

And yeah it's like a cumulative thing. For example RayRay is putting up $1K while Noel Brown is backing him up with an additional $1K and Fanatiq is going to match that with his $2K. So that's a total of $4000 on the line $2000 from each side. From what I understand it's $500 minimum to add to the pot and it could reach 5 figures easily. The winner takes all the $4000 and it's up to him if he wants to give some money back if people supported him (like RayRay might give Noel $1000+ back and keep $3000-).

Then there are side bets to the match too which of course the players don't get in on.

LOL why not? The bigger the pot the hyper the match.

And yeah it's like a cumulative thing. For example RayRay is putting up $1K while Noel Brown is backing him up with an additional $1K and Fanatiq is going to match that with his $2K. So that's a total of $4000 on the line $2000 from each side. From what I understand it's $500 minimum to add to the pot and it could reach 5 figures easily. The winner takes all the $4000 and it's up to him if he wants to give some money back if people supported him (like RayRay might give Noel $1000+ back and keep $3000-).

Then there are side bets to the match too which of course the players don't get in on.

I'm pretty sure Noel would get 2k in that situation unless they have an agreement to split the profits, then he'd get 1500 or whatever.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I'd be fine with it if players weren't so dumb with their money. Fanatiq was talking about one guy who was so confident in his skill that he sold his car or something to get the money.

Pretty sure that guy lost too.

I'd be fine with it if players weren't so dumb with their money. Fanatiq was talking about one guy who was so confident in his skill that he sold his car or something to get the money.

Yeah, but I don't think Fanatic's side was anywhere near that much, just his backers. Dude thought he was gonna win, wanted to trade up. Wound up trading his ride for a bus pass.

Dahbomb

I'm pretty sure Noel would get 2k in that situation unless they have an agreement to split the profits, then he'd get 1500 or whatever.
That's why I have a + sign to the $1000, I am sure he is going to get $1500 minimum and $2000 max but it's really RayRay's choice in the matter. Although I don't think he is going to be a dick about it.

Then he learned an important life lesson. If not in a MM then he would've lost his car in other gambling means. And going by the way that this particular MM is formatted, I don't think either player is going to lose a lot personally because there are going to more people involved in donating to the pot.

It'd be cool if you could buy tickets for the money match, like $10 and you chose a side, then the money was redistributed among the winners. Intrade doesn't look like you can set up your own markets.

I bet you could do paypal, do they have rules against gambling?

Chavelo

So much Mahhhhvvel. This is like the Ironman of stream monstering... D:

And you know what sucks? I will have to take a trip and be out of my house for most of Sunday. QQ

I might be able to catch the Season's Beatings grand finals. Japan looks like it'll have the crazy tech hype, SB with the lame keepaway hype, and SS with Justin and MarlinPie X Firebrand hype. YOOOOO!

Anybody up for an Xbox Live lobby later tonight? :D

Tobe

So much Mahhhhvvel. This is like the Ironman of stream monstering... D:

And you know what sucks? I will have to take a trip and be out of my house for most of Sunday. QQ

I might be able to catch the Season's Beatings grand finals. Japan looks like it'll have the crazy tech hype, SB with the lame keepaway hype, and SS with Justin and MarlinPie X Firebrand hype. YOOOOO!

Anybody up for an Xbox Live lobby later tonight? :D

im in.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Losing to the worst scrubbiest Nova's piss me off. Dude did 3 slides in a row and caught me with the last one. I was like "WHO THE HELL IS STUPID ENOUGH TO TRY THAT SHIT".

Not happy at all to lose to that guy. Even complained about my zoning, which is fine because I could just be like "whatever I won". But I can't say that here........

Dahbomb don't play online. Save you from all of the woes.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Well, I guess I've gone all-in. Just ordered an MLG-caliber headset+amp.

I rationalize this by telling myself that it's comparable in price to and a more worthwhile investment than an arcade stick.

Grecco

I think F Champ uses the Soundblaster headphones with the Astro amp though.

Please post your impressions once you get them. Ive been thinking of picing up a pair myself.

smurfx

get some go again
gg's to all those in the lobby. sorry to leave but i wanted to get some ranked games in before i signed off.

Azure J

Fuck yeah 3/5 games at Summer Slam. Meanwhile, Dante (Jam Session)/Taskmaster (Horizontal Shot)/Felicia (Rolling Buckler) for another side team, yay or nay?

shaowebb

Damn skippy.

Will still be fastest tourney too.

Not if Chris G is there, lol.

dtYRq.gif

EDIT: Shit wrong reaction pic...ah well good enough I guess.

Dahbomb

Just got back from Avengers.

I main Hulk now.
Beat me to it but Iron Man still the main swag of Avengers.

MOVIE WAS GODLIKE!!!!!! Every Mahvel fan owes it to themselves to watch it.

DKR trailer was amazing too and Seasons Beating is 3/5 for Marvel? This is easily one of the best days ever!!!!

Edit: Vergil saturation at KVO... this day just keeps getting better!

ReiGun

Changes to Hulk in next patch/update/sequel/whatever:

- Instant Kill command grab
- Infinite Super Armor on all normals and specials
- Gamma Charge +50 on block, cancels into itself, and does half health on chip
- IK Command Grab auto-activates if the opponent presses a button.
- Free Infinite X-Factor if opponent taunts.
- If one of your other characters is KO'd, Hulk saves them and gives them full life.

smiling_hulk.jpg

This fucking guy.

Grecco

Well no more! ProzacStylings found out that a few members of the cast can activate this double TAC glitch without using X-Factor at all. Morrigan, Zero, Spider-Man, and Chun-Li can air-dash cancel their first TAC activation as long as they executed it from a neutral state (i.e. not in the middle of a chain). Morrigan can reach a neutral state by activating flight, Chun-Li can jump cancel into a neutral state, and Zero is in a neutral state after a buster shot. In addition, all four characters can air-dash cancel their TAC activation after being called in from a TAC themselves.

http://shoryuken.com/2012/05/04/umvc3-air-dash-canceling-tacs/

Bizazedo

Some characters can to the TAC glitch without having to waste their xfactor. Zero, Spidey, Chun, and fn Morrigan.

Oh shit.

So, Zero could release Buster, TAC up, dash cancel, TAC right?

That'd be helpful since I never remember to not be charging buster so I can x-factor to trigger it.

Azure J

Thanks guys for getting me hyped to see Avengers this weekend. :lol

Meanwhile, holy shit Strider assist + TK'd Volcanoes as Dante is fucking disgustingly BROOOOOOKEN. 400~500K before the ground bounce of Killer Bee if you can get 3 Volcanoes out after a Hammer? And then you can go into gun loops? GODLIKE. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom