• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

Should've put a praying mantis on his head. 1/10

Kidding! It's not bad!
Thanks. Glad you like it. Hoping to do stuff on mantids (mantiseseses?) sometime as seperate work. I think doing a walk cycle for one in CG would look good on a portfolio so I'm hoping to have enough time to poke around at modeling something based on one sometime.

MANLY picture is MANLY, but yeah, it does need some fixes. Maybe it's just because I can't fully see it, but I think the front arm is a little too twisted.

...Oh, does that last part mean you're doing UMVC3 requests? Because if so the world definitely needs more LOG TRAPs.

I'm hoping to have time for requests at some point, but like I said I don't graduate from Animation school for 5 months so most of my time will be poured into my reel and my schoolwork as I get zero time off between now and October and even then I got to spend a ton of time shooting resumes and such to employers trying to land work (rough market). Still the job front is hopeful as my professors like my finished stuff like in the link earlier a lot.

Nothing would make me happier than to get the career and college taken care of so I can finally go back to taking requests on art again. Team art sounds like a blast. Except I can't draw Kamisamaa's team since both Gene and X aren't in the game lol .
Bullshit. I'd draw that team regardless. Gene and X are fucking awesome.

I'm hoping to have time for requests at some point, but like I said I don't graduate from Animation school for 5 months so most of my time will be poured into my reel and my schoolwork as I get zero time off between now and October and even then I got to spend a ton of time shooting resumes and such to employers trying to land work (rough market). Still the job front is hopeful as my professors like my finished stuff like in the link earlier a lot.

I'm studying animation too. I'm only in my 3rd semester right now, but believe me, I know what you must be going through.

shaowebb

I'm studying animation too. I'm only in my 3rd semester right now, but believe me, I know what you must be going through.

Kick ass! Between you me and Godsbeard we really got a club going on in here now. PM me and we can chat shop. I got loads of stuff to tell you to look out for and to try. You need scultpris.

EDIT:

Back on topic how does everyone feel about the Fanatiq vs Rayray match? Is he staging sloppiness with Mike or is he legit in trouble in your opinions?

Tirael

Dante/Vergil/Wesker. You'll make the WORLD salty.

WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT.

I mean, I assume his friend wants to KEEP playing, that'll just make him ragequit for forever.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but SFxTK did worse than Capcom expected, and MvC3 (including UMvC3) did better, right? If so, this makes me very happy about the possible future of BUDGETS and ENOUGH TIME TO LET NIITSUMA MAKE THE GAME HE WANTS.

Edit:
Except I can't draw Kamisamaa's team since both Gene and X aren't in the game lol .

You and me, bros for life.

Dahbomb

Super OT but holy crap my mind was blown when someone told me that 21 Jump Street was shot in my high school (Grace King). Now I have to go watch the movie.

That's the 2nd time my mind has been blown today.

Beef, I don't get the Firebrand problem. If they're grounded, you just j.S into c.LMHS. If they're cornered and knocked next to you, I do j.H (you're already in the air), d.H, qcb.L, c.HS. If it's mid-screen, depending on how far your opponent is you might have to Bon Voyage, do something fancy, or maybe not get the follow-up at all. The unblockable causes a spinning knockdown, so you shouldn't ever somehow drop a combo if there is one there.

Azure J

Just to show you all how little I utilize assists mid combo: I can't do M-H-(Assist 2 - Vajira)-Stinger-Volcano because I can't hit the right bumper and bold cancel into Volcano at the same time yet.

Dat pad execution. And I still want to pick up Viper. :lol

Team art sounds like a blast. Except I can't draw Kamisamaa's team since both Gene and X aren't in the game lol .

Oh shit, you can't suggest this and not do X/Dante/Hsien-Ko for me now. :lol

Beef, I don't get the Firebrand problem. If they're grounded, you just j.S into c.LMHS. If they're cornered and knocked next to you, I do j.H (you're already in the air), d.H, qcb.L, c.HS. If it's mid-screen, depending on how far your opponent is you might have to Bon Voyage, do something fancy, or maybe not get the follow-up at all. The unblockable causes a spinning knockdown, so you shouldn't ever somehow drop a combo if there is one there.

Gotcha. I need to work on when they're airborne.

Just to show you all how little I utilize assists mid combo: I can't do M-H-(Assist 2 - Vajira)-Stinger-Volcano because I can't hit the right bumper and bold cancel into Volcano at the same time yet.

If it makes you feel better, a lot of people here are pad warriors (360 pad warriors) and they can do some sick Dante combos...well at least one person can IIRC.

Kick ass! Between you me and Godsbeard we really got a club going on in here now. PM me and we can chat shop. I got loads of stuff to tell you to look out for and to try. You need scultpris.

Scultpris? :eek:

LProtag

WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT.

I mean, I assume his friend wants to KEEP playing, that'll just make him ragequit for forever.

He already hates playing me at fighting games because he's still in the mashing phase and I'm in the "really suck at trying to play the game correctly" phase.

For some reason he bought this one and told me he's practicing, so I think he's out for revenge and picked Marvel to do it with. I have to keep stringing him along.

That being said I'm probably just going to stick with Dante and play around with the other characters on my team, see what suits me the most.

shaowebb

If it makes you feel better, a lot of people here are pad warriors (360 pad warriors) and they can do some sick Dante combos...well at least one person can IIRC.

Scultpris? :eek:

Yeah, I'm amazed at some of the stuff I've seen pad warriors pull off. I know you guys probably know Sixfortyfive for Felicia but him and the guys he plays with in WV were popping around using pretty much the whole cast for awhile in Vanilla on one of the few times I was up and they were all pad warriors and all were pretty solidly showing off some skill with most of the cast on pads. Its all about using what you are comfortable with. Though I think Sixfortyfive rocks the 6 button saturn pad.

Also I sent you a PM on Sculptris to stay on topic. Its odd how few people in art programs heard about this thing considering what a big deal it is starting out and for some pros...

Oh shit, you can't suggest this and not do X/Dante/Hsien-Ko for me now. :lol

I love Viper, but can't play her for anything because all I really wish for is that seismo-spam. Her combos are fun ( I enjoy double jump combos), but the execution for those seismo things of Marlinpie is beyond me. So Godlike...

Also X/Dante/Hsien-ko? Technically you could rock what looks like that team with the Zero costume pack now. You playing that team currently? Also remember it'll be awhile before I can do requests. Its one of the things I want to do to celebrate in October when I graduate after I settle into work somewhere so patience.

JeTmAn81

That being said, Strider THC stuff? Do tell. :D

I think if you run Strider second, you can essentially do the Marlinpie thing and get a mixup off Okami Shuffle from the THC since Strider is able to move again pretty darn quickly after summoning his Legion animals.

In other news, i feel like my Strider is becoming progressively less fraudulent. I spent some time just practicing approaches against the CPU which helped ingrain good habits like cancelling into Formation B off a blockstring, and making air approaches with option select H into Excalibur L. I feel pretty good when he's on point now, partially because the average online opponent expects Strider to only be included as an assist on the most teams.

Azure J

I love Viper, but can't play her for anything because all I really wish for is that seismo-spam. Her combos are fun ( I enjoy double jump combos), but the execution for those seismo things of Marlinpie is beyond me. So Godlike...

Also X/Dante/Hsien-ko? Technically you could rock what looks like that team with the Zero costume pack now. You playing that team currently? Also remember it'll be awhile before I can do requests. Its one of the things I want to do to celebrate in October when I graduate after I settle into work somewhere so patience.

Re: Viper

I feel like I'm gravitated towards characters with fun combos with fun being defined as quick motion and rhythms. Problem is the same as you mentioned it, I won't get anywhere with the character especially as a complete newbie to these kinds of fighters trying to find something that works and feels right for himself.

As for the latter, throw more salt into the wound with that team suggestion why don't ya? ;_;

It's just not the same without an actual X character there. That and well, Hsien-Ko in MVC3. :lol

No rush from me, just felt like putting my two bits in.

I think if you run Strider second, you can essentially do the Marlinpie thing and get a mixup off Okami Shuffle from the THC since Strider is able to move again pretty darn quickly after summoning his Legion animals.

Oh, that. I already use it with Dante and an XFC, but then again Legion ends fast enough that I can abuse it without the XFC... Decisions, decisions.

Man, I'm just now watching this week's Cross Counter Live, and Fanatic is the realest dude ever. Guy acts exactly like that off screen, too. Killa Sasa knows what I'm talking about. Nothing but dollar signs in his head. One of the funniest people in fighting games, up there with Marn and Zhi for sure.

Dahbomb

WAIT.

You're from New Orleans?
Yes I just stated that in my previous page.

And holy shit at that movie (21 Jump Street) it really was shot almost entirely there, so many instantly recognizable spots including from my high school and even neighborhood. Was a crazy experience. Movie was ok, not bad.

Back to Marvel stuff... Combofiend sucks with his new team lol.

Yes I just stated that in my previous page.

And holy shit at that movie (21 Jump Street) it really was shot almost entirely there, so many instantly recognizable spots including from my high school and even neighborhood. Was a crazy experience. Movie was ok, not bad.

Back to Marvel stuff... Combofiend sucks with his new team lol.

I'm in New Orleans also.

Every Friday we have weekly casuals at Dibbz, a LAN cafe out on Veterans.

Pretty good people there.

Bizazedo

In other news, i feel like my Strider is becoming progressively less fraudulent. I spent some time just practicing approaches against the CPU which helped ingrain good habits like cancelling into Formation B off a blockstring, and making air approaches with option select H into Excalibur L. I feel pretty good when he's on point now, partially because the average online opponent expects Strider to only be included as an assist on the most teams.

You on 360 now, Jet? I could always use Strider XP.

Frantic is always invisible so I can never join / bug him :).

Tangentially related, but I played on PS3 last night. God, they whine so much more.

Tirael

If Gene and X were in the game, I would probably need Dante to glue them together. I'd feel strange not using Dante anyway, he just feels too good. (So it'd be a good balance with rushdown/utility/zoner.) So to draw both my and AzureJericho's teams, you'd only have to draw Gene for me, Hsien-ko for him, and X and Dante in the middle.

But I know you can't do that now. It's cool, dude.

I still think a picture of Gene and Iron Fist sharing a brofist needs to happen, though.

mr. puppy

Banned
so since we're all arguing Magneto...

would Marlinpie's team be better if he replace Doom with Magneto? Is the synergy enhanced or made worse? Is Magneto's beam good enough to lead to easy Viper combos?

Azure J

so since we're all arguing Magneto...

would Marlinpie's team be better if he replace Doom with Magneto? Is the synergy enhanced or made worse? Is Magneto's beam good enough to lead to easy Viper combos?

He started with Magneto actually, I dont know what made him drop Magnus for Doom, but the mileage he gets of of THCs with Ammy and of course the Doom SwagChop TAC combos make me believe that his team is already perfectly optimized.

Dahbomb

I'm in New Orleans also.

Every Friday we have weekly casuals at Dibbz, a LAN cafe out on Veterans.

Pretty good people there.
Awesome thanks, will drop by but I will warn you that if you run into me I am going to be EXTREMELY rusty. :D

Doom is on the team because the beam allows for easier combo extensions for Viper. The assist HSD change made it nearly impossible for someone to keep a combo going with the Magneto beam. And he gets way more mileage out of Doom + Ammy THC combo due to the ending hard knockdown. I would argue that Doom is better on the team than Magneto in Ultimate.

Frantic

Heh, I haven't been on at the times you've been on, it seems. You're usually on later in the day, and I've been on in the middle of the day. I've actually been looking for you, but you're not on at the times I'm on.

I've also been playing a bit more Strider on point again, and people don't know jack shit about the matchup. Like at all. I've gotten a lot of fraudulent wins with him on point because people just don't know how/when to punish.

JeTmAn81

You on 360 now, Jet? I could always use Strider XP.

Tangentially related, but I played on PS3 last night. God, they whine so much more.

Yup, I am on 360 now too. I spend more time playing on there since the 360 is upstairs. I'd definitely like to play some sets with GAFers. I'm pretty sure I will still be pretty free against you, but not quite as free as last time. GT is JeTmAn81.

Dahbomb

I am now fully caught up on the whole Joker/Fanatiq/RayRay Magnegro drama thanks to this link:

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...anatiq-rayray-joker-magneto-challenge.159674/

This is what Mahvel is all about. The trash talking, the call outs, the BIG MONEY, test of skill and raw unadulterated, unscripted, unstaged hype.

The real shit that gets me hyped is that RDK has blocked all footage of Joker's play from now on and Fanatiq has done the same with RayRay to follow as expected. This is some TRUE hyperbolic time chamber level shit right here.

Dahbomb

Yeah I saw that. Combofiend really hasn't learned those characters at all. Couldn't tell if Combofiend just was terrible with that team or it was all #staged.

Uhh... of course he isn't going to play a main team against Mike. I think it was a genuine match, but combofiend had no reason to try very hard. Do I think he's actually training that team? Probably not.

First Mike Ross beats Fanatiq, then he wins both AE and SFxT at WNF, now he bodies Combofiend for free.

The whole west coast is getting in for this #STAGED performance. It's like in pro wrestling where the biggest stars let the less-talented-but-insanely-popular guy get over.

I expect a high-stakes money match between Mike Ross and Viscant at the next PPV.

I love TAC's so much. I can't wait until people find out more crazy ones with other characters. I'm surprised that there aren't any crazy magneto or nova ones yet.

Dahbomb

I love TAC's so much. I can't wait until people find out more crazy ones with other characters. I'm surprised that there aren't any crazy magneto or nova ones yet.
You haven't seen the elevator Nova/Magneto flight combos? Magneto's elevator TAC combo was the first fancy TAC combo invented in Vanilla Marvel.

Also Combofiend sucks major ass with any characters that he doesn't main. Just watch a few episodes of Marvelous adventures. Jago is pretty ass with other characters too, FC have started their own Online Warrior type show with ChrisG.

So I finally found the source behind the combos the guy from Sweeden busted out at Big Two last night:

Trish TA Combos
Trish TA Combos 2

They're by a guy named Pochi I believe. Shit looks so cool.
Trish is finally back to being a DMC character.

Man, I'm just now watching this week's Cross Counter Live, and Fanatic is the realest dude ever. Guy acts exactly like that off screen, too. Killa Sasa knows what I'm talking about. Nothing but dollar signs in his head. One of the funniest people in fighting games, up there with Marn and Zhi for sure.

http://www.twitch.tv/thisislijoe/b/316746479 <-- 10 min in LIJoe talks with Fanatiq with RayRay joining in as well

HOLY FUCKING CRAP I am laughing my ASS off at this shit. Fanatiq is SSS tier shit talker.

Can vouch for both of these. Dude is so damn funny, and I love that he's always going for them MM's and sidebets :lol

Top 8 Marvel was especially hilarious.

Dahbomb

On the same stream there is also talks about a potential Knives vs Yipes hype money match. Probably happening just before the RayRay vs Fanatiq match.

Azure J

Yoooo ulllllllllll

LI Joe tagging in the assist after Fanatiq says his shit fucking makes this moment. No spoilers, just watch/listen. :lol

Edit: Yipes VS. Knives? Kinda want. I wanna see X-Ray vs. MarlinPie myself.
Edit 2: Oh Jesus Christ I can't breathe:

"After I body you, if you want the runback, I will fucking sponsor your shit then body you again and take the money from you again."

Weird Sentinel combo I made messing around with my secondary team:

2M + A2(Log Trap) xx Drones L, Flight, jS, MS, jHS, A1(Hyper Grav), Rocket Punch L xx HSF, Rocket Punch L xx Plasma Storm

I think it only does like 750-800, but it looks really cool. The idea is that I'm always calling log trap with different buttons when Sentinel is on screen(generally 2M or flight H xx unfly M). I can make this combo better by dropping the drones, but they're so awesome lol.

Also, I have a cool setup with 2M + A2(hyper grav), where if they block, the timing is perfect for a wavedash command grab or another 2M.

JeTmAn81

Speaking of Sentinel, pretty random but I noticed that using Wolverine's Tornado Claw assist off a Rocket Punch lets you get a Hyper Sentinel Force after a combo (and a linked Plasma Storm if you want it, ala Vanilla). Not sure why, since it looks like that assist doesn't even touch the opponent, but when I tested it, it sure looked like it was doing something.

JeTmAn81

So how do these money matches actually work? Like the Neo vs. Clockw0rk one that was $50,000 or whatever, that's not actually each player putting that amount of money on the line. So where does the money come from? And how much does the player that actually wins gets? I have no idea what the typical ground rules for these big MM's are.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
It's not all their money. Clockw0rk for his match I heard put up 1k on his own out of something like 12k. When Fantaiq said he was willing to go 6 digits Dr. Sub Zero was asking if some one was willing to go that high. I'm assuming that someone was giving him the money for these matches.

Really don't hope to see a money match in the hundreds of thousands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom