• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

get some go again
thor scares me because i hardly ever play any thor users and i don't know how to block some of his stuff.

Azure J

Inspired by the KVO thread:

God Tier

Asgard
Asgard: Sea of Space
City That Never Sleeps

High Tier

Kattelox Island
Danger Room
Daily Bugle
Days of Future Past
Metro City

Mid Tier

Bonne Wonderland
S.H.I.E.L.D. Airshow

Indifferent Tier

Hand Hideout
Shadowland
Demon Village
Demon Village Redux
Tricell Laboratory
Chaos At Tricell

Roll/Hsien-Ko Tier

Training Room (too bland/overused!)
S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier (too damn dark!)

I-hate-u

New Doom tech from Seth K twitter:

For the record, my secret Doom tech was pick hidden missile asst, alphacounter into Doom against ground string and he will throw em (!)
Cmnd for hid missile assist overlaps w/throw input so Doom does "back+C", but gets expressed as throw you can use to interrupt blockstun

God Tier

Asgard
City That Never Sleeps

High Tier

Kattelox Island
Danger Room
Daily Bugle
Days of Future Past
Metro City

Mid Tier

Bonne Wonderland
S.H.I.E.L.D. Airshow

Indifferent Tier

Hand Hideout
Shadowland
Demon Village
Demon Village Redux
Tricell Laboratory
Chaos At Tricell

Roll/Hsien-Ko Tier

I don't think I've ever agreed on a tier list with anyone down to the wire <3

Dahbomb

Man I fail so hard at reading links.

Was about to post the new CC video too but found it's already posted.

Also that set was so #staged it's not even funny. I don't know why Mike is getting so salty over that. He looks worse than when he lost to Daigo. Some people get way more salty in the game than they should.

shaowebb

Okay THAT is officially awesome. Controlling which side they come in on could potentially cause a dude planning to come in blocking to come in pushing the wrong direction and the fact that by doing this you can have them come in already mixed up between your assist and you means that its gonna be hard to handle and then some. Absolutely love this tech.

Also in regards to all the folks saying they must play Hulk and Thor after seeing the Avengers I only have this to say. Now you know why I can't give up on Iron Fist. He ALWAYS feels that badass to me with how much I love his character's concept. Its why I insist on using a guy who is so straightforward that he has all the subtlety of a battering ram on fire.

Picking teams based on character love. Often tricky for some of us, but it feels SOOOO rewarding when you win with your favorite comic book hero.

Dahbomb

I seem to be the only one who was more hyped for Iron Man after watching Avengers. He literally had more crazy action scenes than the previous 2 IM movies combined.

Solune

Well Iron Man 2 .....

Iron Man 1 was like MvC2 Iron Man and Iron Man 2 is like MvC3 Iron Man(This is being generous!).

Dahbomb

That would make Avengers Iron Man MVC1 Warmachine/Gold WM level.

Or more accurately... UMVC3X super buffed top tier Iron Man.

Believe.

Actually now that I think about it... in terms of action scenes and general character bad assery this was a high point for ALL of the heroes. BALL CRUSHING SPOILERS AHEAD:
Thor did diddly squat in his previous movie but was a fucking boss in the movie, Hawkeye of course this was basically his debut and an insane one, Cap actually used his shield in creative ways plus DAT Iron Man + Cap laser double team, Iron Man basically flew around and shot shit with his bad ass new armor for a good 30 minutes ALL OVER THE FACE AND TITS and Hulk basically wiped the memory of his previous 2 movies clean with that performance and actually delivered on the hype that was building around him throughout the movie.

Azure J

Why is this game trying so hard to make me pick up Magneto for reals? I already have other high mobility characters to get used to/better with! :lol

Attraction tech is fucking sick.

Touch

That would make Avengers Iron Man MVC1 Warmachine/Gold WM level.

Or more accurately... UMVC3X super buffed top tier Iron Man.

Believe.

Actually now that I think about it... in terms of action scenes and general character bad assery this was a high point for ALL of the heroes. BALL CRUSHING SPOILERS AHEAD:
Thor did diddly squat in his previous movie but was a fucking boss in the movie, Hawkeye of course this was basically his debut and an insane one, Cap actually used his shield in creative ways plus DAT Iron Man + Cap laser double team, Iron Man basically flew around and shot shit with his bad ass new armor for a good 30 minutes ALL OVER THE FACE AND TITS and Hulk basically wiped the memory of his previous 2 movies clean with that performance and actually delivered on the hype that was building around him throughout the movie.
I'm always angry...

/movie

theater exploded

I'm still here looking for matches...

Hulk basically wiped the memory of his previous 2 movies clean with that performance and actually delivered on the hype that was building around him throughout the movie.

He sure did, also,
that command grab he used on Loki SO needs to be a move in the next update/game.

mr. puppy

Banned
damn i wonder if marlinpie would switch doom to hidden missiles ever to get that skill tech and to help the fact that his team is not good again superjumpers

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.

God Tier

Asgard
City That Never Sleeps

High Tier

Kattelox Island
Danger Room
Daily Bugle
Days of Future Past
Metro City

Mid Tier

Bonne Wonderland
S.H.I.E.L.D. Airshow

Indifferent Tier

Hand Hideout
Shadowland
Demon Village
Demon Village Redux
Tricell Laboratory
Chaos At Tricell

Roll/Hsien-Ko Tier

Training Room is best stage because it's the least prone to slowdown/skipping on PS3.

smurfx

get some go again
yay master lord status is mine finally.

edit: holy shit i finally hit the hawkeye double reset! managed to kill dormammu with those 2 resets and no meter wasted.

*sigh* For a while I thought I could've had a DHC reset with Nova's qcb super into Frank's AA super throw, but I can't get it to work at all.

I feel so disappointed right now...

Zissou

Thanks guys for getting me hyped to see Avengers this weekend. :lol

Meanwhile, holy shit Strider assist + TK'd Volcanoes as Dante is fucking disgustingly BROOOOOOKEN. 400~500K before the ground bounce of Killer Bee if you can get 3 Volcanoes out after a Hammer? And then you can go into gun loops? GODLIKE. :lol

Videos, I need them!

Azure J

Videos, I need them!

I wouldn't be able to help you out much since I'm wildly inconsistent a player, but if you want notations:

Hammer/j.S confirm - Assist (Vajira) ~ Volcano - TK Volcano (Strider Assist hits) - TK Volcano - Beehive (you have to input the additional M button press fast) - backdash - S - Charge Shot (2 bullets) - S - Charge Shot (2 bullets) - S - Charge Shot (2 Bullets) - etc...

What I'm considering doing after that point is:

-In Corner-

Stinger Lvl. 2 - Bold Move - Hammer - Assist (Vajira) - Million Carats - Volcano - Beehive - Million Dollars

or

Stinger Lvl. 2 - Bold Move - Sky Dance - Acid Rain - Volcano - j.S - Assist (Vajira) - Million Carats - Volcano - Million Dollars

If you aren't in the corner, just Bold Cancel Teleport after Stinger Lvl. 2 and hit with knockdown move of choice.

I don't know how practical either of these are after everything preceding it, but that what the lab is for. Also, as the other day I was looking to use the rarer of Dante's moves , I came up with something basic for revolver:

M - H - Stinger - BC Volcano - TK'd Revolver - (wait a little) - S - Charge Shot (2 Bullets) - S - Charge Shot (2 Bullets) - etc etc...

Tirael

What's all this talk about TK'ing Dante's moves? I thought it stood for Tiger Knee, which I thought lifts you off the ground. In numbered notation, 2369, right?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
But what's the point of doing it for Dante? Revolver and Volcano are ground moves, why would you want to TK them?
Yeah someone in this thread was talking about TKing Gamma Crush or something and I was scratching my head. All I can think of is some sort of jump cancel properties that might require it, but even that doesn't make any sense.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Cause you can only cancel S with either jumping or xfactor.

S > Tk whatever super is seen commonly with Ammy's combos. At least in Vanilla.

shaowebb

I can't think of Tiger Knee-ing in UMVC3 without feeling a little tore up for Chris G early on when a tiger knee caused him to get a Shin Sho lvl 3 to come out on a DHC with Ryu instead of Ryu's beam. It was such a clutch match (think it was PR Balrog) and the beam would've really let him capitalize and likely take it off of the DHC combo. Instead it took him completely by surprise and blew all his meter. He was so mindfucked and torn up. He couldn't go on after that and lost. Literally just stopped to shake his head during the match at one point. Tears man...you could see them.

On the flipside of that though I also think seismo spam when I think Tiger Knee in UMVC3 and that is far from saddening. Theres tears but they are tears of joy...or salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom