• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

Wait, I didn't comment on the link to that Spencer/IM/Doom TAC? Shit was fucking insane.

Ryan Hunter just released his second UMvC3 team combo video. His Doctor Strange is on some sick stuff.

Ryan Hunter Team Combos 2 (Dr. Strange/Hawkeye/Dormammu) - UMvC3

Preview for this combo video:

Strange Corner Loops - Strange Corner Loops - Mostly unused concepts from upcoming video - UMvC3

Here's the team combo video he realized 3 weeks ago:

Ryan Hunter Team Combos and Mixups (Dr. Strange/Hawkeye/Dormammu) - UMvC3

Preview for the first video:

Impractical Strange setup - Unused clip from upcoming video - UMvC3

The Doctor is in, oh my god. <3

Edit: I'm now wondering if Hawkeye could be interchangeable with one of my characters for me to straight X-Copy the Strange shenanigans. I always thought Strange & Dormington would work well together, but never really saw a third to complete that setup. Hawkeye has uses but that character just isn't interesting to me. [/runs for cover]

My Doom is asssssssssssssssss. Gonna need some training with someone later on tonight. Dropping Ryu from Team Beef temporarily for some Latvarian flavor.

Frantic

Ryan Hunter has some of the best combos for his teams. I'll definitely miss his Dante and Ammy, but his Strange... Oh god his Strange. <3

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
My Doom is asssssssssssssssss. Gonna need some training with someone later on tonight. Dropping Ryu from Team Beef temporarily for some Latvarian flavor.

How are you going to level up Frank now? (tbh the thing I didn't like about your team is that you didn't really level him up until Joe dies)

Neki

problem has always been that if you lose Nova, you basically have half a point character in level 1 frank, such a momentum based team.

problem has always been that if you lose Nova, you basically have half a point character in level 1 frank, such a momentum based team.

It's the reason I don't want to run Nova, despite him being a pretty good character.
---------------
I was thinking about running Joe/Strange/Doom, since I was able to do a pretty basic Impact Palm loop, but I'm not entirely certain how much synergy the team has. This is why I'd like some practice later on tonight.

Tobe

Ryan Hunter just released his second UMvC3 team combo video. His Doctor Strange is on some sick stuff.

Strange Corner Loops - Strange Corner Loops - Mostly unused concepts from upcoming video - UMvC3

probably one of the most practical combo videos ive seen as of today, this dude is just a lab monster too good really. i just want to imagine a world where phoenix is not nerfed and strange could air dash cancel his normals. oh and we get a HNK HD port with lagless netcode.

smurfx

get some go again
lol little by little i've been getting revenge on killa sasa on ranked for those losses on kadey's lobby the other day. :p

Solune

If you're here Dahbomb, do you have any Vergil tech to share? I don't visit SRK forums, only their front page so I haven't seen their tech but I've been in the hyperbolic time chamber for a while.
Haven't been developing anything really practical but I'm trying to get some raw tag combos off of his Round Trip, after a basic Rising Sun BnB > Doom missiles OTG > Air round trip > Raw Tag Spencer > Wire Grapple H = Reset. OR. Reel Punch > Raw Tag Vergil > High Time > Dimension Slash. It's very spacing dependent but stylish as fuck (imo).

Couldn't you say the same about any Frank team? When you play Frank, you don't care about tiers and being unbeatable, all you care about is having fun and he's certainly a fun character to play.

Tobe

Couldn't you say the same about any Frank team? When you play Frank, you don't care about tiers and being unbeatable, all you care about is having fun and he's certainly a fun character to play.

well winning is fun, way more fun than losing imo so then yes tiers and being unbeatable kinda matters. dude frank lvl4-5 is awesome, lvl1 on the other sucks. PADDLE CHAINSAW why wouldnt you want that?

This is such sick stuff. I already use Dorm and Hawkeye, perhaps its time I give the doctor a try.

zlatko

Banned
Real talk

Spider-man is top 5. All non-believers will one day soon be made to realize his god likeness.

I've finally settled on a team. Spidey, Nova, Hawk. Still not sure if I want to start Nova or Spidey, but I'll fiddle around with it to see which works best. The damage you can do DHCing between Spidey/Nova is absurd, and the hard as hell to block crap you can set up with Nova OH assist with spidey shenanigans is awesome. Oh and if you want to play lame you can too with just jump back web balls and hawkeye triple burst assist.

Frantic

Everytime. Those hitboxes are so beefy, I keep hitting them with my face T_T
Is it the SHIELD SKILLS? I get hit by that damn thing too much. "I got knocked down/they're in my face/I'm pressuring them? Let me just SHIELD SKILLS!" Even worse is the fact it's an OS for throws, and is safe now in Ultimate thanks to Sharp Sting. :/

Real talk

Spider-man is top 5. All non-believers will one day soon be made to realize his god likeness.

I've finally settled on a team. Spidey, Nova, Hawk. Still not sure if I want to start Nova or Spidey, but I'll fiddle around with it to see which works best. The damage you can do DHCing between Spidey/Nova is absurd, and the hard as hell to block crap you can set up with Nova OH assist with spidey shenanigans is awesome. Oh and if you want to play lame you can too with just jump back web balls and hawkeye triple burst assist.

This was my original Ultimate team before I had to go back to Laura because she's too pretty.

This team is pretty damn cheap, does stupid damage too. Only thing is it can get rushed somewhat, and Hawkeye isn't an ideal anchor (but he works).

Still play it on and off, gels pretty well.

Is it the SHIELD SKILLS? I get hit by that damn thing too much. "I got knocked down/they're in my face/I'm pressuring them? Let me just SHIELD SKILLS!" Even worse is the fact it's an OS for throws, and is safe now in Ultimate thanks to Sharp Sting. :/

Hagneto assist + Shield Skills while trying to navigate around tons of chip is difficult, especially if you mistime your move once you're crouching under Hagnus too :/

zlatko

Banned
This was my original Ultimate team before I had to go back to Laura because she's too pretty.

This team is pretty damn cheap, does stupid damage too. Only thing is it can get rushed somewhat, and Hawkeye isn't an ideal anchor (but he works).

Still play it on and off, gels pretty well.

Hagneto assist + Shield Skills while trying to navigate around tons of chip is difficult, especially if you mistime your move once you're crouching under Hagnus too :/

I think Hawk is a great anchor. Being able to gimlet, x, gimlet when you come in is something your opponent has to fear and keep in mind. Get full screen, start chucking shit. Even if you aren't hitting the chip is gonna maul the person down fast. If they get impatient, then you gimlet punish. If he's without meter it can be tough, but jump back H and a few well timed baits or arrows can get you back into a fight hella fast.

I may do Nova for anchor if I run into trouble though.

Frantic

I'd probably start Hawkeye against smurf and just try to outlame him. That's my main gameplan against smurf. Outlaming the lame. :p

No, I picked Frank because he's great at Level 3, and a fucking monster at 4 and 5.

So many people miss this about Frank West. That rake does a looooooooooot of work, and his hitconfirms become a lot easier. I really hate being hit by the guy.

And once he gets to level 4, he becomes a "kill-at-all-costs" character to me.

For kicks, the rest of my list is Felicia, Skrull, Strider, Hsien-Ko (gold + certain characters is such a pain in the ass), and grade A Dante's/Zero's/Wesker's. Those characters are bastards.

I think Hawk is a great anchor. Being able to gimlet, x, gimlet when you come in is something your opponent has to fear and keep in mind. Get full screen, start chucking shit. Even if you aren't hitting the chip is gonna maul the person down fast. If they get impatient, then you gimlet punish. If he's without meter it can be tough, but jump back H and a few well timed baits or arrows can get you back into a fight hella fast.

I may do Nova for anchor if I run into trouble though.

Don't get me wrong, Hawkeye is by far the best anchor on that team - I just meant in the grand scheme of things. But he doesn't play from behind especially well, especially if they still have their X factor and manageable air mobility. He doesn't crack every character in the game that easily, and if it's Anchor-Eye time, the clock is against you too. His mobility is pretty straightforward as well.

Still, miles better than Nova anchor IMO and Spider-Man anchor (yuck).

While I think he's a great cleanup dude for sure, his heroics leave something to be desired in more than a few matchups IMO if he's all by himself.

I'd probably start Hawkeye against smurf and just try to outlame him. That's my main gameplan against smurf. Outlaming the lame. :p

Gonna have to try this. Been just putting Hawkeye on point to start in certain matchups like Trish instead of letting Spider-Man die 1.5 characters deep due to attrition, and it's worked with that, so I'll have to check it out.

kirblar

I see a lot of Hawkeye players just lean way too heavily on Gimlet and end up blowing tons of meter for very little reward.

shaowebb

Figured I'd post my team that I use when I get to play here for fun for old times sake. Since I don't play much now though (portfolio grinding) any anchor fluctuations I was toying with to give better coverage to my point and mid characters is over with. Hulk and Doom did pretty good with Plasma Beam and Gamma Wave, but I can just Play Sent way easier than those two. Might chuck Doom back in if I ever got more time with him so maybe in the fall after Graduation I'll grind him out since his swag was really working well in pretty much all forms with these two.

Anyhow here is Team "I've waited 15 years to put Iron Fist on Point". Its scummy as fuck from lack of play, but any hits landed are seriously felt given the damage output of these guys. Lovin' that Iron Fist/Ryu Synergy (you've probably seen Enzo sporting tons of such swag <3 )

smVjU.jpg
SNrkj.jpg
YKZ86.jpg

Who is everyone rocking and in what colors now BTW? I've been out awhile.

Bizazedo

Actually Frank in all levels has great normals and they can be cancelled into the zombie swing which is safe. His hitboxes are crazy.

I ran into a guy using Frank / Dorm / Ghost Rider and it was working incredibly well. Unsure if it was the team, the player, or both, but we were going back and forth and they were great matches. It was the first time I feared Frank, even level 1, and with those assists he was getting level 4 himself without DHC's or TACs.

Tobe

im planning on switching teams i dont wanna drop magnus nor wolvie but someone has to go, i need cheaper shit. i just dont know what character would fit. im pretty much locked on using morrigan arghhhhhhhhhh i cant decide i love magnus way too much. dhc glitch i miss you :(

ive entered a chracter crisis :(

Frantic

Messed around with this a bit in training mode. I managed to get 1.1 million with a DHC using both Vajra and Drones in the combo. 700k meterless. That's some good damage off a command throw.

3 sick high damage dante combos:
One
Two
Three
Seen these, and they're boss as hell. Unfortunately, they're not the most practical of combos. :p

Tobe1 said:
Pick Zero if you want cheap shit. :p

Dahbomb

Dante is BFF with everyone... EVERYONE!

If you're here Dahbomb, do you have any Vergil tech to share? I don't visit SRK forums, only their front page so I haven't seen their tech but I've been in the hyperbolic time chamber for a while.
Haven't been developing anything really practical but I'm trying to get some raw tag combos off of his Round Trip, after a basic Rising Sun BnB > Doom missiles OTG > Air round trip > Raw Tag Spencer > Wire Grapple H = Reset. OR. Reel Punch > Raw Tag Vergil > High Time > Dimension Slash. It's very spacing dependent but stylish as fuck (imo).
I am trying to figure out how to do this Round Trip trick. What kind of tech are you looking for?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Looks like PSN&#9734;LIVE 2 will happen next week. Don't know what I'm going to do this week. Maybe just run regular lobbies. Been very tired lately.

Currently Running:

TEAM ABANDON ALL HOPE

NSrKt.jpg
dvoco.jpg
dQwiS.jpg

Cheap and amazing. Wesker is point with OTG Gun because, lol. Skrull is second with STONE SMITE. Amazing assist for mixing up incoming dudes. Tasky is on Anchor duties with his Horizontal Arrows.

Grecco

im planning on switching teams i dont wanna drop magnus nor wolvie but someone has to go, i need cheaper shit. i just dont know what character would fit. im pretty much locked on using morrigan arghhhhhhhhhh i cant decide i love magnus way too much. dhc glitch i miss you :(

Wesker and Doom

Bizazedo

What kind of team do you want overall? Lame, rushdown?

Tobe

I want to be lame with morrigan but then rush. 2 point 1 assist.
Morrigan/Magnus/????? Only assist i could figure would be missiles but i suck with doom so i need something else.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I want to be lame with morrigan but then rush. 2 point 1 assist.
Morrigan/Magnus/????? Only assist i could figure would be missiles but i suck with doom so i need something else.

Doom combos are a cakewalk in comparison to Maggy's stuff.

Tobe

swag air dash cancels <3, grecco believe me when i say my doom is ass i just spam fuuuudaiiii everytime :p

Solune

I am trying to figure out how to do this Round Trip trick. What kind of tech are you looking for?

Just miscellaneous tech I suppose, more like non-conventional stuff. Things that are specific to Devil Trigger would be useful to know. I know that in DT, M > H > Stinger > Judgement Cut links, and you can link after the Judgement Cut since his speed increase is so good.

For the Air Round Trip > Raw Tag, I call Doom exactly when I press H, so the notation would be, H + Doom Assist > S > J.MMH > Helm Breaker.

You have enough time here to either back dash and jump Air Round Trip or Trick Down > Back dash Air round trip. From what I was experimenting with, you can also cancel Helm Breaker into Judgement Cut and then release Round Trip on the ground, and still have time to Raw Tag. The timing is kind of tight between the Judgement Cut and Round Trip though. Also I don't know if it's character specific, I am using Doom as my dummy (his theme is godlike) and he's pretty large.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom