• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I just beat the #1 Sim in the world on LIVE. But it doesn't matter because all I do is troll these days.

Dahbomb

Rapid Slash for Vergil to push them back. Very good for zoners just cover him when you call him.
finally saw the justin wong vs flocker WNF finals and damn dat zero is a beast. guess that is what i'm going to try and copy. i definitely want to play a more zoning style zero.
Lol @ Zero is a beast. Also Flocker does play a zoning style Zero. Check Ariusa/Sam's Club for another example of zoning zero.

So DJHuoshen was in Brisbane this weekend. Goddamn, he has this game figured out.

Played some UMvC3 and a little KOFXIII. Got some Skrull tips. Was good fun.

Dahbomb

Bomb, what do you think of Vergil's normal jump?
It's ok, nothing special. It's not something I do often, I feel Vergil's control of the ground space is good enough as well as his anti-air game so he is best when he is firmly grounded. I do normal jump j.H to control ground based rushdown and j.M to control air to air. I usually only normal jump to release a Round Trip as at that height he can get sick RT mix ups.

Dahbomb

Sorry for DP but had to post this. NY is doing their own Bar Fights type event held by Deadly Bison entertainment and the LI crew. Seems like a NY vs LI thing.

DBEFlyer333.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC6ru9RQ3QI&feature=player_embedded

You don't need to watch the video here are the fights:

Chris G (Hawkeye/Ryu/Wesker or Morrigan/Doom/Akuma) vs M00ns (Taskmaster/Ammy/Akuma)
LB Winrich (Vergil/Dormammu/Wesker plus Akuma) vs Marvisto (Morrigan/Ironman/Sentinel or Firebrand/Magneto/Arthur)
EMP Evil Rahsaan (Spider Man/Doom/Sentinel) vs Spiderman kid (Spider Man/Frank/Doom or Zero/Nova/Frank)
EMP Dragon God (Iron Fist/Nova/Akuma plus Taskmaster) vs Predat0r (Haggar/Chris/Wesker)
EMP Remix (Wolverine/Magneto/Sentinel) vs LI Joe (Vergil/Magneto/Wesker plus Spencer)

There is also an EMP vs LI full exhibition 3v3 team match at the end for both Marvel and AE. Sanford Kelly doesn't seem like he is featured for Marvel.

3 on 3 roster:

Team LI: Moons, Predat0r, LI Joe
Team EMP: DragonGod, Evil Rahsaan, Remix

Cool event, happening on the 11th of February.

LakeEarth

I'm looking for a name for my Spencer/Frank West/Wesker team.

Team ABCS
Team Herp Derp
Team 'Magic Series does HOW MUCH damage?!?!'

In all seriousness though, the team has some good synergy. Spencer uses both assists, Spencer's forward grapple assist allows for camera assist camera, and most hypers DHC into others in most cases. You can also use Spencer's bionic maneuvers DHC to allow Frank's hyper to whiff, allowing for 2 camera shots (though I wouldn't suggest it as maneuvers only does 5-6 hits, its way more worth it to do it with Skrull or Dante).

I'm also trying really hard to do some of Spencer's fancier stuff where he uses up-grapple. I got it alright in the corner, but the midscreen stuff is just pretty damn tricky. Still haven't done it 100% in a real match as I usually slip up somewhere down the line.

rexor0717

I really want to try to learn those Doom aerial exchange combos. I'm sure it will be close to impossible for me, but I might as well give it a try. They look so fun.

JeTmAn81

Looks like my Marvel game may be MIA for a while, I am going to have to come up with a new networking solution. However, I did just pick up Skyrim so it may take even longer than I thought...

JeTmAn81

I picked up Skyrim for the 360, since I don't have a gaming PC and I am well aware of the PS3 issues. I ended up telling the guy I bought it from all about the PS3 problems, since he was selling his 360 copy with the intention of getting it on PS3. At least this has given me an excuse to dust off the 360.

It's the weirdest thing, too, I think something must've changed in my house's electrical grid. I tested my powerline ethernet adapters on several different outlets, and all the ones by my PS3 are now providing really low throughput, whereas when I test the adapters in the same room as the router, it gets high speeds. It makes me think that something must've been added recently that puts too much strain on the wiring, but I can't think of what it might be.

Now I get to figure out whether to try and just get a really good wireless router or actually take the plunge and start drilling holes to run some Cat6.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I don't now why I haven't done this with Thor before. Normally my regular Thor combo starts with j.L cr.LH. If the first two hits are blocked I can use the cr.H to kara a command grab. The range on a kara'd Mighty Hurricane L is ridiculous. I swear it covers half screen.

Dahbomb

<3 SRK IM forums. So many great minds/lab technicians at work trying to squeeze as much tech out of IM as possible.

That 40 min IM video got nothing on this character. You probably need to publish a technical manual for him.

Frantic

You probably need to publish a technical manual for him.
You need to be an engineer to understand everything about Iron Man, so it fits the character at least. :p

I should really look into putting Iron-Man into the second slot of my team. I've heard so many good things about Dante + Unibeam... but playing Iron-Man is such a daunting task. Though I do love playing technical characters, and I'd imagine there's some good synergy between IM/Strider...

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I want to play too many teams in this game. I think I've come with 7 or so, so far.

I should probably just focus on my main 2.

...eh, I should really just be using 1.

shaowebb

After doofing around in MVC2 awhile I have to say I really miss Iceman. He would've been great with Iron Fist. Big damage point character with a good icebeam for coverage, and Iceman being Immune to Chip would've made the kick assist from fullscreen with Iron Fist so great for his zoning game antics.

A little off topic, but who would you think from MVC2 one of your guys would've synergized with the most and why?

Azure J

After doofing around in MVC2 awhile I have to say I really miss Iceman. He would've been great with Iron Fist. Big damage point character with a good icebeam for coverage, and Iceman being Immune to Chip would've made the kick assist from fullscreen with Iron Fist so great for his zoning game antics.

A little off topic, but who would you think from MVC2 one of your guys would've synergized with the most and why?

Ruby Heart because Pirate/Ninja (Strider)/Zombie (Hsien-Ko) :p

Serious answer, give me a sec, I gotta go mess around in MvC2 again.

Dahbomb

I should really look into putting Iron-Man into the second slot of my team. I've heard so many good things about Dante + Unibeam... but playing Iron-Man is such a daunting task. Though I do love playing technical characters, and I'd imagine there's some good synergy between IM/Strider...
IM gets full combos off of Strider Vajra thanks to Smart Bomb OTG. Gives him superior air control and easier hit confirms as well.

IM is probably top 5 most technical character in the game. Everything from spacing, neutral game, footsies, hit confirms, combo choices, in coming mix up timings and utilization of tools. I can say for sure that every single tool that IM has the player needs to know to be effective with him at a high enough level. Most players who play IM usually don't know what tool to use at what time or even if they do they mess it up in high level situations because they get overwhelmed by the choices. He is one of those characters where it's really easy to spot a fraudulent player from a good player.

who would you think from MVC2 one of your guys would've synergized with the most and why?
Blackheart with Ghost Rider. DAT tracking assist.

Kimosabae

Banned
It's ok, nothing special. It's not something I do often, I feel Vergil's control of the ground space is good enough as well as his anti-air game so he is best when he is firmly grounded. I do normal jump j.H to control ground based rushdown and j.M to control air to air. I usually only normal jump to release a Round Trip as at that height he can get sick RT mix ups.

Yeah, how you use jump H is exactly what I was thinking. I've been looking over the jump frames of all the characters recently trying to piece together what makes Wesker's normal jump approach so damn effective and came to the realization that his jump is only 41 frames long. While its not the shortest, it still seems the most effective of all jumps at punishing standing normals for some reason... maybe the jump S? The arc? But it just might be how people approach some of the characters with the shorter jumps i.e. Virgil (also 41 frames). Because of Virg's heavy recovery on the ground, I've wondered why people haven't considered being in the air with him more instead of teleporting everywhere and being baby-sat by Assists. With a 41 frame jump it seems like he can be more self-sufficient than people think.

Speaking of IM frauds, I want to see Alukard drop him already.

Frantic

IM is probably top 5 most technical character in the game. Everything from spacing, neutral game, footsies, hit confirms, combo choices, in coming mix up timings and utilization of tools. I can say for sure that every single tool that IM has the player needs to know to be effective with him at a high enough level. Most players who play IM usually don't know what tool to use at what time or even if they do they mess it up in high level situations because they get overwhelmed by the choices. He is one of those characters where it's really easy to spot a fraudulent player from a good player.
I'll probably be looking at messing around with him in training mode. I've been off-and-on with the character since the beginning of vanilla, but I kept dropping him from my team due to my own inexperience and lack of fundamentals. Should try picking him back up now that I'm better at the game. Try to do him justice.

AE LOL moment featuring Smurf. So many LOL moments featuring him but I'm too lazy to find them all.
http://www.twitch.tv/kadeybaybe/b/307059272
Walk up throw FAIL.

Also, Kadey, you ever gonna have a regular lobby again? :p

Dahbomb

Yeah, how you use jump H is exactly what I was thinking. I've been looking over the jump frames of all the characters recently trying to piece together what makes Wesker's normal jump approach so damn effective and came to the realization that his jump is only 41 frames long. While its not the shortest, it still seems the most effective of all jumps at punishing standing normals for some reason... maybe the jump S? The arc? But it just might be how people approach some of the characters with the shorter jumps i.e. Virgil (also 41 frames). Because of Virg's heavy recovery on the ground, I've wondered why people haven't considered being in the air with him more instead of teleporting everywhere and being baby-sat by Assists. With a 41 frame jump it seems like he can be more self-sufficient than people think.
Wesker's normal jump game is good because of that j.S. It's an all purpose move, it hits all around him and has fat hit stun. Plus he also goes for j.H/f+H air throw OS if he wants to go air to air.

Vergil doesn't have an all purpose move like that, he essentially has 3 or 4 which he has to choose from. Helm Breaker is his best one in terms of frames and options off of it because he can cancel it. The con to Helm Breaker is that you don't get much off of it without OTG assist or X factor. Starfall is similar but a bit more risky yet gives you a sizable combo on hit, liable to get chicken blocked into death but a useful strat is to have charge for RT and release on block from Starfall to maintain pressure. J.H while good for controlling space is NOT an all purpose move it actually has a very narrow hit box right below Vergil. It doesn't have the hit box that it appears vertically and it's not a great jump in move. So essentially Vergil has no good "jump in" cross up style move like Wesker. If he had a move that hit all around him and crossed up he would be OBSCENELY good because he could just abuse that whenever he is in DT mode (low height air dash into cross up which would be way better than Dante's thanks to the speed and height of Vergil's dash).

Vergil doesn't like being in the air outside of setting up RT mix ups. He controls the ground space extremely well and a lot of his specials are plus/safe on block even on ground. It's about learning to hit confirm and play footsies with him which if you do right no character will be able to outfootsie Vergil. His aerial options are limited but on the ground he has the best normal in the game (that st.H aka the god slash). You can't hit confirm from full screen with Vergil while being in the air and it dampens his threat on the screen, the best you can do is Helm Breaker into H teleport. Vergil on the ground means the opponent has to be careful about assist calls, tri-dashes, ground approaches and zoning. Vergil in the air means you can get close to him as long as you are prepared to block and even get behind him to which Vergil has no answer too (it's basically what I call Vergil's "weak spot"). Vergil is self sufficient if you incorporate RT in your game and smart usage of meter. Eventually you are going to need the assist to set up difficult to block mix ups because you aren't going to always have a RT charged up (although theoretically it's possible to have one charged up ALL the time allowing Vergil to have nearly unending pressure).

Speaking of IM frauds, I want to see Alukard drop him already.
Come on man be nice. I will take whatever IM play I can get.

Captain Commando's Captain Corridor paired with Morrigan's sou sou sou sou sou sou and Doom's hidden missiles.
AE LOL moment featuring Smurf. So many LOL moments featuring him but I'm too lazy to find them all.
http://www.twitch.tv/kadeybaybe/b/307059272

So about PSN&#9734;LIVE 2.........
He never stood a chance lol.

Kimosabae

Banned
Good shit, Bomb. Alukard just frustrates me because he's been playing the character since Vanilla and it's always been fairly generic. His Iron Man doesn't seem to add anything to his teams, and more often than not, when he's on point, it just gets bodied. It's almost as if he just plays Iron to be able to say he's an Iron Man player/

Dahbomb

Iron Man is there for the beam assist. He plays a point teleport character like Wesker and Jill who both benefit from Unibeam.

I do say that he needs to upgrade his tech with IM badly. Needs to get in the lab and do some research.

Frantic

Messing around a little with Dante/Iron-Man/Strider. I never realized how much damage Unibeam adds to Dante's combos near the end of them. At the maximum scaling, it does 48k. Not too shabby. Dr. Doom's(another character I was considering for second spot thanks to his beam) only adds 32k, and makes them pop out of the combo easier than Iron-Man's. It does have the side effect of scaling combos heavily if started with it, but it feels a lot more versatile than Doom's in general.

Dahbomb said:
Well then 90% of Doom, Sentinel, Strider, Akuma players are frauds. Although I don't disagree with that fact.
I definitely see a lot of fraudulent Strider play. It's a shame, too, since he's such a good character.

Edit: WOW at that TAC combo. <3

USD

Ryan Hunter just released his second UMvC3 team combo video. His Doctor Strange is on some sick stuff.

Ryan Hunter Team Combos 2 (Dr. Strange/Hawkeye/Dormammu) - UMvC3

Preview for this combo video:

Strange Corner Loops - Strange Corner Loops - Mostly unused concepts from upcoming video - UMvC3

Here's the team combo video he realized 3 weeks ago:

Ryan Hunter Team Combos and Mixups (Dr. Strange/Hawkeye/Dormammu) - UMvC3

Preview for the first video:

Impractical Strange setup - Unused clip from upcoming video - UMvC3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom