• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
So, in what order should this team go?

Magneto / Vergil / Dante?

Magneto: EMD
Vergil: ???
Dante: Jam Session

I guess the most optimal is Magnus / Dante / Vergil or Dante / Magnus / Vergil?

Team:
-Devil May Magnus
-Magnus May Cry
-Devil Magnus Cry

"Even a Magneto may cry?"

Sigmaah

I swear, when people lag switch me and win, this is what I see them doing...

tumblr_lzgvebPU7A1r1cueho1_400.gif

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So, in what order should this team go?

Magneto / Vergil / Dante?

Magneto: EMD
Vergil: ???
Dante: Jam Session

I guess the most optimal is Magnus / Dante / Vergil or Dante / Magnus / Vergil?

Team:
-Devil May Magnus
-Magnus May Cry
-Devil Magnus Cry

"Even a Magneto may cry?"

Dante, Magneto, Vergil probably. Dante benefits from both Magneto EMD and Vergil Rapid Slash. Magneto builds meter like a fiend and can probably hit confirm with relative ease off of Rapid Slash. Vergil is a ridiculous anchor, and you'll probably have plenty of meter to spare.

Not sure why you would use Jam Session assist unless you plan on zoning. Vergil can use an OTG assist with Crystal if it comes down to it, but that's not optimal team order anyway. Weasel Shot probably has the most utility for a team like that.

Azure J

Anyone here ever get so into learning a new BnB that you drop old ones not because you are bad at them, but because you're full on autopiloting after a certain point?

Feels derp man.

Acid Rain > Crystal > Stinger works? Did not know that. Learn something new everyday.

After watching MarlinPie make Prop Shredder - Acid Rain - Volcano - j.S and getting an extension off Twister - Tempest in the corner with Cold Shower while he was in the lab last live_oratory, I've just been re-inspired to do and learn more with the character myself.

M-H-Stinger-BC Volcano-j.S is the future of Dante tech and BnBs imo. Also Volcano - TK Revolver - S - Up Shots - Prop Shredder sets up some Vanilla like Acid Rain loops. You can get at least 2 reps going and chance a third before going further with the combo. This is good because it builds crazy amount of meter.

Azure J

@oldschoolgamer: Vergil/Dante/Magnus is really the best order I've seen for that team with Dante on Crystal and Mags on Estaka.

Guys, I've been playing Ultimate since it's been out and I still can not decide on a team.

Lately I've been using Nova (centurion)/Frank (cart)/Dante (jam session).

I was even thinking about using my team from the original marvel 3, Spencer/Dante/Task, but I haven't adjusted to spencer/task in this game.

I need an opponent - will be on PSN.

I hate playing against Hulk. I can never understand what's going on through their head, so I'm always afraid to push a button. One hit from Hulk is death for any of my characters, so I'm very cautious... but I end up letting them get away with shit they shouldn't just because I'm afraid of Gamma Charge or Gamma Crush.

Acid Rain > Crystal > Stinger works? Did not know that. Learn something new everyday.
I used to feel bad about this, but I agree entirely. Hulk scares the crap out of me, and I've been perfected by Hulk teams multiple times.

Anyone here ever get so into learning a new BnB that you drop old ones not because you are bad at them, but because you're full on autopiloting after a certain point?

Feels derp man.
I wish I had that problem.

Guys, I've been playing Ultimate since it's been out and I still can not decide on a team.
We call that just plain old "playing Marvel" around here.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I need an opponent - will be on PSN.

I used to feel bad about this, but I agree entirely. Hulk scares the crap out of me, and I've been perfected by Hulk teams multiple times.

I can play for a little bit.

I might even play Hulk! (My Hulk sucks though)

edit- yeah I should probably be studying instead. After tomorrow I can play whenever.

smurfx

get some go again
haggars level 3 is the best.

edit: fuck rockets stupid gun hyper. it shouldn't send you up in the air all god damn day after dhc'ing.

Haha, I've seen that comic before.

Hey Karst, you still up for some PSN'ing?

Or anyone, for that matter?
I've been playing for the last 3 hours. If you would have logged on you would have seen me. :p

Degen and I played a bunch.

Pro Dr. Strange technique:
Use Illusion as Hulk Gamma Charges to teleport into drones. Aw yeah!

D:....

Well.. I know I'm not doing any avatar bets anytime soon.
I'd definitely make you wear the Iron Man "splurt" panel.

Edit: Oh, and damn my team is meter intensive. I could barely keep Dr. Strange going. I might have to do less hyper finishers and more mix-ups. It's so hard not to OTG after those air throws...

Degen

smurfx... words cannot express the hell that what in.

and coming from a former cosmic lord (little-known fact), no less...

The Joker MM isn't to decide who the theory fighting god of GAF is, it's to re-re-reestablish that I already am.
Also I am down for some EVO bets as well (avatar edition). I am placing my winning team right now for EVO:

Wolverine/Vergil/Akuma

Not saying that this team exactly will win EVO but these 3 characters have a very legit chance individually, Akuma as the assist, Wolverine because two of the top players still play him and Vergil because he's that new Ultimate hotness.

Your great analysis is that 1 of 3 top-tier characters will be on somebody's team? -_-

That's like saying the Kentucky Derby will be won by a horse.

Dahbomb

Your great analysis is that 1 of 3 top-tier characters will be on somebody's team? -_-

That's like saying the Kentucky Derby will be won by a horse.
Neither Wolverine nor Akuma is top tier. Also you are choosing 3 characters as the winners of EVO. Whoever has more characters in the winning team of EVO wins (like if both Wolverine and Akuma end up winning EVO and only one of your character wins EVO, then I win the bet).

So put up your 3 characters for EVO. Also you can't pick the same characters as me obviously.

Somebody sent me hate mail because I beat them with Team Armor.
RyuHyabusa12 said:
so playing like a fucking retard could get me to 4th lord? Sweet better play giant characters
I need something to send him to really grind the salt in.

Neither Wolverine nor Akuma is top tier. Also you are choosing 3 characters as the winners of EVO. Whoever has more characters in the winning team of EVO wins (like if both Wolverine and Akuma end up winning EVO and only one of your character wins EVO, then I win the bet).

So put up your 3 characters for EVO. Also you can't pick the same characters as me obviously.

Phoenix
Phoenix
Phoenix

Dahbomb

That's not much of a bet to make. It's much more difficult to bet on who's going to be the winner than who ISN'T going to be the winner or in the final match.

My prediction: Morrigan/Doom/Phoenix

Yeah Chris G all the way. Nah. JK.

Honestly hope a random Dorm player pops up and blows everyone up. Dorm/Magneto/Doom.

But hope Chris G/Abegen/FChamp win.

smurfx

get some go again
hey man zero is the best character in the game right? so its an outrageous prediction to say he won't be in the championship match. hell i'll even go as far as saying he won't be in the top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom