• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Niitsuma

Fuck you for letting Dante be able to cancel air S into Hammer. I hope you never make a videogame ever again.

Signed, Fuck You.
You just have to assume it's coming. Treat Dante like he's always going to do it, because good Dante players always do.

Had a guy ragequit on me tonight because I kept snapping his X-23 in. He kept trying to treat her like Phoenix and keep her in the back / run away and hard tag.

Nope, back in y'come. Was absolutely hilarious.
Sometimes it's just team order stuff. Snapping in my last character messes up what buttons I think call which assists. -_-

i still don't know why spencer can pick your ass back up after doing his hypers. if capcom is going to do that then give all the characters an option to hyper you again as easily as it is with spencer. not only does he get that but he also gets unscaled damage and he got buffed in ultimate!
Spencer is far more braindead than Wolverine ever was. The answer to pretty much everything is "zipline in and start a blockstring". I don't fathom why more people don't use Spider-man, because it's the same BS. In some ways it's worse than a teleport, because at least teleports don't place me in blockstun.

just curious, and maybe this isn't me, but does anybody else not play dante b/c his comboes are relatively difficult to do and over time the character just wears your hands down quicker? like i can do a combo with spencer with far less effort, which does far more damage, and not wear myself out over a long time period.
I kind of know where you're going with that, because I get that way when Dante or Zero hit me. It completely ruins the game's pacing for me because there's absolutely nothing to do for the next 10 seconds.

I regret ever abandoning Deadpool after Ultimate replaced vanilla. He's too much fun to play as.
Deadpool is strangely underplayed. He's a fantastic character.

Frantic

not execution. i dont have a problem with dante combos. its the fact that they are tiring as hell.
They really aren't that bad. I find Zero or Vergil's combos more tiring, since I have to use the same hand that does the motions to hold down a button throughout, which causes my hand to cramp up over long periods of time.

Not to mention, both Zero and Vergil have much, much longer combos than Ultimate Dante.

Dahbomb

Vergil/Iron Man/Wesker

AMAZING TEAM

Vergil teleport mixups with repulsor, OOO!!!

EDIT: FUCK HULK
That was my day 1 team. You are better off playing Iron Man on Unibeam and putting Vergil on anchor and Wesker on point. Or you can go Wesker/Vergil/Iron Man. Repulsor doesn't benefit Wesker THAT much because he doesn't have an aerial bounce move to capitalize easily off of Repulsor (possible but difficult).

i still don't know why spencer can pick your ass back up after doing his hypers. if capcom is going to do that then give all the characters an option to hyper you again as easily as it is with spencer
Spencer doesn't have a LVL3 so that's why he needs to be able to link those hypers together. A bigger problem is Wolverine getting to link hypers for stupid damage....

Or Zero using Sogenmu to do Lightning Loop that gives him 3 meter damage for 1 meter.

Sigmaah

That was my day 1 team. You are better off playing Iron Man on Unibeam and putting Vergil on anchor and Wesker on point. Or you can go Wesker/Vergil/Iron Man. Repulsor doesn't benefit Wesker THAT much because he doesn't have an aerial bounce move to capitalize easily off of Repulsor (possible but difficult).

I might just switch repulsor, just so I have a good beam assist, I kinda have to call repulsor somewhat close to the opponent and it leaves iron man so vulnerable lol. I might do wesker/IM/vergil, I feel better having vergil last cause irons normals cant always be trusted...

Tirael

lmhs-air mmhs-bionic bomber (before landing)-bionic maneuvers-otg grapple H-air S right before you hit the ground-up grapple then L-bionic maneuvers-otg H

does like 910k. i use spencer second so he usually has 2-3 meters before i can connect with a corner combo.

i believe you can get the opponent into the corner from a midscreen combo:
lmhs-mhs-otg grapple M-diagonal down forward zipline-air S-S relaunch-mmhs-zipline towards corner x3-S- bionic bomber-bionic arm

Dude, I'm trying to pick up Spencer right now, and all this information is extremely useful. Thanks!

It's just frustrating sometimes when you're trying to learn combos for a character, and you know how to do all the moves, but you just didn't know they all chained together.

Also, stuff like what I bolded? It's like, how are you supposed to know that that stuff works? Thank goodness for the Internet.

Dude, I'm trying to pick up Spencer right now, and all this information is extremely useful. Thanks!

It's just frustrating sometimes when you're trying to learn combos for a character, and you know how to do all the moves, but you just didn't know they all chained together.

Also, stuff like what I bolded? It's like, how are you supposed to know that that stuff works? Thank goodness for the Internet.

no prob. haha i really should have proofread that combo. but yeah, you don't MMHS before the zipline x3, just mmh.

Tizoc

sexyscarlet.jpg

There is the image for my avi.

Here is my first attempt at the text.

wandaavi2.jpg

Mmmm thank you kind sir <3

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Edit:

This multilock tech is fucking stuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid. Infinitely cancelling Volcanoes into TK Multilocks? Safe launchers? And right now, I'm playing with the move and getting empty Up Shots. Zoning the upper right hand part of the screen is ridiculous even if its a bit situational at best and fickle at worst to set up.

Admittedly, I haven't explored the options with the Multi-lock bug, but what would Volcano xx TK Multilocks accomplish?

Azure J

Admittedly, I haven't explored the options with the Multi-lock bug, but what would Volcano xx TK Multilocks accomplish?

Honestly, I haven't found uses for a lot of this stuff yet, but I like the idea of rapid cancels from Volcano into say Reverb Shock just for hat "wait what" factor. I'm determined to find something practical out of all this though! :lol

Today, I had my first ragequitter in Ultimate and managed to get 3 reps of the boulder loop in training (only once, but I still got them >.>).

I feel oddly proud of myself right now.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Honestly, I haven't found uses for a lot of this stuff yet, but I like the idea of rapid cancels from Volcano into say Reverb Shock just for hat "wait what" factor. I'm determined to find something practical out of all this though! :lol

Hahah, gotcha. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious.

I've been away from the game for a while now, so I'm trying to acquaint myself with new tech, as well as sand down some severe rust.

yo ggs last night. took me like 10 matches to get warmed up, but by then you were probably not trying as hard :/ is that your main team?

i need to learn higher damaging combos and play this game more often though. i'm still on that day 1 vanilla combo tech.

GGs. Team Armor isn't my main team (Joe/Frank/Raccoon is), but I've been concentrating on them more and more the past couple of weeks. That Phoenix Wright team at the end was me trying to come up with a good team for him, but it failed spectacularly. :lol

Today, I had my first ragequitter in Ultimate and managed to get 3 reps of the boulder loop in training (only once, but I still got them >.>).

Your first...ever? I had two in one day about a month ago, when I last played a lot.

Protip for making people ragequit:
Hidden Missiles

smurfx

get some go again
Your first...ever? I had two in one day about a month ago, when I last played a lot.

Hidden Missiles
is haggar a character that causes rage in people? because i've had more people disconnect when i'm owning with him than the others. i guess when haggar puts you in the vortex and kills your 2 characters that are coming in causes rage in some that don't know how to block the incoming mix up. i remember one guy on stream thinking it was unblockable and started shitting on capcom.

Hidden Missiles

Well, it's kinda hard to get people to ragequit on you when they're winning most of the time :( (seriously this is the third time I'm a Rookie >__<)

It's always some really stupid mistake that gets me killed by a Dark trenchcoat -.-

Xevren

I pulled off the boulder loop in some local battles Monday night, it was glorious. RR is just on a backup team but one of these days I'm going to make a team for him.

Xevren

What's the input for the boulder loop? Been wanting to put the Racoon on a team for awhile.

In the corner, ground series, air series, once on the ground bear trap, then boulder trap. Dash S super jump cancelled into boulder trap. Then just keep doing it. As for tips just lots of practice. I'm getting a bit more consistent at it but it's still tough.

Learning the timing of when to hit them with the S after boulder traps is the hardest part. They have to be close enough to the ground to trigger the trap, so if you hit them in the air and it didn't go off you have to adjust your timing. It's snazzy as hell though.

is haggar a character that causes rage in people? because i've had more people disconnect when i'm owning with him than the others. i guess when haggar puts you in the vortex and kills your 2 characters that are coming in causes rage in some that don't know how to block the incoming mix up. i remember one guy on stream thinking it was unblockable and started shitting on capcom.
The pipe gets people mad or the threat of the pipe in the air...

smurfx

get some go again
So. Dieminion and Nerd Josh both dropped Morrigan and Picked up Vergil.

:/
nerd josh is lame and always copies what others are doing and is why i'm always rooting against him. surprised dieminion dropped morrigan though. he should of added doom to his team instead of dropping morrigan.

Dahbomb

Dieminion's Vergil is ass and he only picked it up for the Morrigan counter pick. I am pretty sure he is going to alternate between Morrigan and Vergil depending on the team he is up against (if against ChrisG he will use Vergil).

If Dieminion accessed like 1/5th of Strange's combo potential he would be wrecking people.

Nerdjosh = Bandwagoners gonna bandwagon and really this is hardly surprising.

New Maximillian Online Warrior video "Dark Vergil Rising":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvUPChwP-zA&feature=player_embedded

Frantic

GGs Frantic. Had to run and get food as nephew was coming over. Family, etc :).
GGs, did better this time than last. A lot less mistakes and getting hit randomly. Choked on a few game ending combos that bit me in the ass almost immediately after, but whatever. I'm getting better at converting random hits and shit. Didn't eat as many Busters as I normally do, either. My airthrows are getting better, too. Should also start going for more super jump air-to-air j.Ms with Dante. I'm just glad that my Dante was actually putting in a lot of work instead of relying on XF2 Vergil + Vajra or XF3 Strider like usual. :p

Next time, we need to play on a different stage than Demon Village. Several times I forgot where the corner was and it screwed me up, lol.

Is that your main team, now?
For the most part, yeah. Still experimenting with other seconds, but it's probably what I'll stick with for now. Just because I want that super easy derp on my team, and Rapid Slash assist is really good for Dante's lockdown pressure and mixups, as well as Strider on point mixups/combos. Didn't really show it off in our set, but I assure you I have some really dirty corner pressure using Rapid Slash.

Bizazedo

GGs, did better this time than last. A lot less mistakes and getting hit randomly. Choked on a few game ending combos that bit me in the ass almost immediately after, but whatever. I'm getting better at converting random hits and shit. Didn't eat as many Busters as I normally do, either. My airthrows are getting better, too. Should also start going for more super jump air-to-air j.Ms with Dante. I'm just glad that my Dante was actually putting in a lot of work instead of relying on XF2 Vergil + Vajra or XF3 Strider like usual. :p

Yeah, it felt even and yeah, Dante was the true threat. I thought I was about to push it over the balancing act several times and you'd change something to bring it back.

i..e, good job.

Honestly, though, the only weak link on your team right now feels like it's Vergil. Waaaaaaay too many helm breakers that got predicted and killed him. Fix that and go to Evo and tear people up :).

And I say that knowing the # of helm breakers was dipping by the end, so GOOD :). Part of the reason it felt even (per above).

Not that I like even, obviously, but w/e lol.

Next time, we need to play on a different stage than Demon Village. Several times I forgot where the corner was and it screwed me up, lol.

lol, okay, just say which one if i Host.
For the most part, yeah. Still experimenting with other seconds, but it's probably what I'll stick with for now. Just because I want that super easy derp on my team, and Rapid Slash assist is really good for Dante's lockdown pressure and mixups, as well as Strider on point mixups/combos. Didn't really show it off in our set, but I assure you I have some really dirty corner pressure using Rapid Slash.

Yeah, I tried to keep out of the corner.

Have you tried Wesker instead of Vergil?

Dahbomb

Vergil's Helm Breakers can easily be punished by chicken blocking. Was one of the first lessons I learned in the game where I was abusing it thinking it was +0 but was still getting hit after having it blocked. It's still a very abusable move but smart play can easily override it.

Vergil's Helm Breakers can easily be punished by chicken blocking. Was one of the first lessons I learned in the game where I was abusing it thinking it was +0 but was still getting hit after having it blocked. It's still a very abusable move but smart play can easily override it.

You also need a fast character.

Double Lariat definitely caused ragequits in Vanilla, but if people are ragequitting against him on point then I think it has to be a sense of entitlement. There are two kinds of ragequitters: those who think you don't deserve to win because you "cheated" (Hidden Missiles, Vanilla Lariat, Dark Phoenix), and those who think they deserved to win because you were lucky/bad netcode won the game for you. They hus they are "correcting" the error by ragequitting. I suspect your ragequits are the latter half. I know that when I get hit by the pipe or Tron's j.H, my thought is "that's so goddamn obvious, that should not have happened. Of course, being a mature individual my next thought is self-loathing over letting it happen, but less mature folks feel the need to blame something other than themselves.

The inability to cope with your failures resulting from your own shortcomings is the #1 cause of calling for nerfs.

OMG I DID AN IRON MAN FLIGHT MODE COMBO
o_O You've used him all this time and this was your first?

Well, it's kinda hard to get people to ragequit on you when they're winning most of the time :( (seriously this is the third time I'm a Rookie >__<)

It's always some really stupid mistake that gets me killed by a Dark trenchcoat -.-
Ouch. I've never ranked down, but I did reset my record to Beginner recently. If you're on the PS3, I'd be glad to play against you and give you feedback if you're looking to improve.

So. Dieminion and Nerd Josh both dropped Morrigan and Picked up Vergil.
:/
NerdJosh makes tier whores blush. Isn't Dieminion just using him as a counter-pick? Apparently Dieminion finally owns the game and can play it whenever he wants, so I think a team swap is so be expected. Honestly I'd love it if ChrisG were our only Morrigan player.

Josh is a tier humper. Dieminion IDK why. IF HE LEARNED COMBOS he would be great.
Morrigan combos are goddamn hard. I'm actually a bit annoyed when people say Dante's bnbs are hard, because they're absolutely nothing compared to Morrigan or Dr. Strange's. Actually, Dante's bnbs are probably among the easier ones in the game.

And if you play Dormammu? :-(

shaowebb

OMG I DID AN IRON MAN FLIGHT MODE COMBO

Hurray! I can just imagine your face when straining to do this because you've been working that Ironman forever. I imagine you looked something like this right before you succeeded. All intense and shit.

twSUs.jpg

Congrats man. Dat superior tech.

smurfx

get some go again
hahaha that cosmic lord called taekua just rage quit on me. what a loser. again haggar made somebody rage quit.

Tirael

Wait you switched to RR? Isn't that Kusoru's team exactly?

I'm honestly surprised more people don't use RR. Airdash, quasi-flight, quasi-teleports, tons of tools, great DHC synergy, and a TINY hitbox so that a few combos whiff, which adds to the randomness factor in an already random game.

Just had about fifty matches with a friend. It's so weird, traditionally I beat him, but he's just been beating the crap out of me recently. We went something like 35-15 in his favor.

He switches between Vergil/Ghost Rider/Wesker and Vergil/Doom/Wesker. Quite the rage-inducing teams.

However, I did a bit better than I thought with my new team, Taskmaster/Spencer/Hawkeye. Random foot dives were always infuriating me, and Taskmaster's Parabolic shot on point with Hawkeye's triple arrow assist backing him up did wonders to alleviate that. Also it feels great to SHIELD SKILLS through Photon shot and Wesker's gun.

Despite having Vergil on point, he usually ends up with him last from the way he switches his characters. And I swear to God, Vergil with XF3 and plenty of meter scares me more than anything in any fighting game ever. He has a penchant of turning on XF3, then Devil Trigger, then Spiral Swords and I'm just sitting here like FUUUUUUUUUU-

Though, the times I used Hawkeye in XF3, I was able to control him a lot more effectively than I thought. Like, under pressure. I saw him attacking a lot quicker, so just accelerated my button pressing a lot quicker, and he did it as quick as I could press buttons, as long as I didn't make any mistakes. That dude travels across the screen like a lightning bolt in XF3, he's so friggin' fast. Learning a new team is hella hard though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
o_O You've used him all this time and this was your first?
My execution is ass, and has only become moreso since I switched to stick. But I'm finding things here and there much easier with the stick.

Never really attempted flight combos again until today and they're.. surprisingly easy to link Don't think I'm confident enough to try them in matches yet as they're made on the spot and probably garbage in terms of efficiency. I think it's just my execution slowly improving.

With Nova/Iron Man/Akuma, what Nova assist should I be running? Not familiar with the utility of any of them and I'm just using Centurion Rush M as a go-to.

Dorm I just try to stay on flame carpet. And chicken block into dark hole and respect his range. It still is stupid. But Chicken blocking into a dark hole or purification is funny.

Xevren

My execution is ass, and has only become moreso since I switched to stick. But I'm finding things here and there much easier with the stick.

Never really attempted flight combos again until today and they're.. surprisingly easy to link Don't think I'm confident enough to try them in matches yet as they're made on the spot and probably garbage in terms of efficiency. I think it's just my execution slowly improving.

With Nova/Iron Man/Akuma, what Nova assist should I be running? Not familiar with the utility of any of them and I'm just using Centurion Rush M as a go-to.

I would stick with the cent rush m, if they sit there go in for a low for an unblockable.

Frantic

Yeah, it felt even and yeah, Dante was the true threat. I thought I was about to push it over the balancing act several times and you'd change something to bring it back.
Yeah, that's how I feel Dante should be played. Switching game plans on the fly... though I still have no clue what to do against Nova. I panic too much against him. In theory, he should be the weakest member of your team, but good god does he frighten me.

Honestly, though, the only weak link on your team right now feels like it's Vergil. Waaaaaaay too many helm breakers that got predicted and killed him. Fix that and go to Evo and tear people up :).
Honestly, I usually don't go for that many Helm Breakers, I was just experimenting to see how you would deal with them. You dealt with them quite well, which is why I slowly started moving away from them.

Also, I really don't practice Vergil that much in comparison to Dante or Strider. He's pretty much there entirely for DHCs and derp, lol.

Have you tried Wesker instead of Vergil?
I've thought about Wesker, but I don't like his DHCs or assists. It's mostly a toss up between Vergil and Trish, at this point. Deadpool would probably get the spot if he had an L or M version of his guns, but he doesn't. Makes me sad. :(

Dahbomb

I have been punished by Spencer's normals after having Helm Breaker chicken blocked. He doesn't have the fastest normals around so my guess is that anyone with around 5-6 frame jabs can punish a Helm Breaker after chicken blocking.

Frantic

I have been punished by Spencer's normals after having Helm Breaker chicken blocked. He doesn't have the fastest normals around so my guess is that anyone with around 5-6 frame jabs can punish a Helm Breaker after chicken blocking.
I've done it with Dante if my chicken block was pretty low to the ground. I think anyone can do it if they blocked low enough.

Bizazedo

I've thought about Wesker, but I don't like his DHCs or assists. It's mostly a toss up between Vergil and Trish, at this point. Deadpool would probably get the spot if he had an L or M version of his guns, but he doesn't. Makes me sad. :(

Granted. His DHC except for lvl 3 is garbage. But, the way you fight, you hardly ever DHC'd anyways, it's not like Vergil's is much different, and he'd be so easy to use Vajra with after one of his combos for a reset. That plus the higher HP..I just think it'd make your team even better.

Not by much, maybe, because Vergil is also awesome, but...I dunno :). Just like theorizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom