• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeEarth

Actually Frank in all levels has great normals and they can be cancelled into the zombie swing which is safe. His hitboxes are crazy.

Which normal into zombie swing is safe? I've used the A swing and there seems to be an opening between the normal and the swing for them to see it and counter.

New Dr. Doom corner loop.

*eye starts twitching* Ugh. Seems so unrefined. You almost get 2 bars for your troubles too.
I gotta work on that.

smurfx

get some go again
I want to be lame with morrigan but then rush. 2 point 1 assist.
Morrigan/Magnus/????? Only assist i could figure would be missiles but i suck with doom so i need something else.
just remember that laming out other zoning characters isn't the same as laming out rushdown characters.

zlatko

Banned
I want to be lame with morrigan but then rush. 2 point 1 assist.
Morrigan/Magnus/????? Only assist i could figure would be missiles but i suck with doom so i need something else.

So, Morrigan is a solid anchor right? You opening up with Magneto? Magneto can benefit greatly from assists and start off matches building you tons of meter.

So I'd go something like Magneto, Nova, Morrigan. Nova doesn't necessarily need assists if you stay in there, and with his own OTGs you don't have to worry about a specific assist. If you want lamer, then Hawkeye can fit the second spot.

Azure J

Just got around to watching the Chris G vs. MarlinPie Sou Sou Sou Sou Finals again and damn, youtube heads are salty as fuck regarding Morrigan and her zoning.

LakeEarth

It's so good! It's zoning that can do 400-500k per hit if the fireballs align right. As of right now it seems like she has the best zoning in the game, and she has a decent up close game on top of it!

Azure J

It's so good! It's zoning that can do 400-500k per hit if the fireballs align right. As of right now it seems like she has the best zoning in the game, and she has a decent up close game on top of it!

Yeah, it's seriously making me re-evaluate a few things about her that I once took as "glaring" to could/should be fixed flaws in her design. (Ground dash, reliable OTG for solo combo extensions, something to deal with her blind spot - underneath herself when in the air. Finishing Shower being way less awesome than Soul Eraser even if it has it's utility)

Giving her some of these changes might actually make her fucking scary on top of what she has going for her now. :lol

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
*looks in Doom threads*

With one assist in the corner, Doom hits 1 million + damage off of that combo, for one bar.

-_-

Bizazedo

I always joked with friends that, in this game, (in my humble opinion) I didn't think a zoning team had a prayer in hell of winning a big tournament / a major and that if a zoning team DID win, it was because the player was better, not the team.

And then I saw Morrigan.

So now I have to asterisk it because I think her zoning with assists is the only one good enough to do it and that's only because she can build meter while she has her mirror out.

*looks in Doom threads*

With one assist in the corner, Doom hits 1 million + damage off of that combo, for one bar.

-_-

iOxQWefv2c62C.gif

LakeEarth

Yeah, she isn't even a character that was originally placed under the "zoning/keepaway" moniker. That was reserved for Ghost Rider, Rocket Raccoon and the like.

I get hate mail when I finish a match with Doom with finger lasers zoning, but that's doing nothing damage-wise compared to Morrigan.

Tobe

anybody want to play? i want to experiment with morrigan/magnus/doom
i really dont want to play doom but he just fits

Azure J

After a bit of internal thinking, I do believe I've come up with three frameworks for teams I'll stick with going forward.

Dante/Felicia/Strider
Vergil/???/Morrigan
Zero/Dante/???

Sticking to a smaller pool of characters sounds like a good way to go. Of course, there's the problem of finishing some of these team compositions and beating "Xbox Huge Roster Syndrome" (i.e. the urge to play everyone, especially when hype tech comes out) but I think these are the ones for me.

I feel like the last one is going to be a troll team though. Maybe I'll rock that fraudulent X alt and rock my personal team "Shoulda Been Happened" with X/Dante/Hsien-Ko. They're all here and good in my mind. ;__;

:lol

shaowebb

Just saw the zoning match and wow brilliant anti rushdown team. Akuma tatsu cuts off forward running attempts and covers for flying to the other side of the screen to switch corners on opponents. Soul fist horizontal shots cover for hidden missile summons really well since it buys so much time for it. And you can use angled shots to jump back with Morrigan and cover nearly every approachable angle in front of her. Given how slow her shots are they stay out for a long time and allow for a lot of zoning off of the screen through even basic shot patterns combined with these assists. Plus if Morrigan is out Akuma tatsu aids Doom on getting in through beams to help push them into the corner for his offense and covers him on the ground too. Plus tatsu assist + triangle offense setups.

Chris G just put on a show demonstrating how strong zoning is in this game with Morrigan. If ex-thunder knuckle C.Viper from Marlinpie can't deal then no way will guys like Iron Fist. Justin Wong had better get damned tight with Akuma tatsu summoning to cut through those fists to open his Iron Fist a path if my EVO is gonna see an Iron Fist make it. Anyway it rolls I think it just got kind of interesting out there. Reminds me of Sanford's Spiral team years.

Sloosha

Just spent an inordinate amount of time learning Jill's notsobasic bnb (Feral cancels are tricky). Seems like she is going to take a lot of work.

Tobe

GG's cita, i cant handle the strider team too many teleport just fuck me up, i could handle better the wesker one tho. i just need to improve the fireball placement and know when to use the blades super which has lots of invul.

Frantic

GG's cita, i cant handle the strider team too many teleport just fuck me up, i could handle better the wesker one tho. i just need to improve the fireball placement and know when to use the blades super which has lots of invul.
I'm rusty as hell with the Wesker team, so I blame that! You also pushed a lot more buttons against that team, and that always blows me up. :p GGs though.

But the main thing you need to do is improve your protection of assists. You can't just call an assist and start throwing Soul Fists and expect it to work. Half the time, Iron Man's beam clipped both Morrigan and Doom, which sent out only a couple of Hidden Missiles making it impossible to start zoning. You gotta protect Doom, and once the missiles are out, start throwing Soul Fists.

I gotta say, though. I really like Iron-Man's beam for my team. I just need to improve my Iron-Man so he's less fraudulent. :p

Tobe

IM is swag tho akuma worked better i think. but well i think it could be depend on the matchup.

as protecting assist well im not used to that since i normaly have a fast projectile like magnus EM covering the assist gotta get more pratice. i hope Next level is open at nights to grind that marvel.

mr. puppy

Banned

the funny thing is....if he got rid of Akuma who he was terrible with and put in Hawkeye or Ryu he would've destroyed Marlinepie

Frantic

I keep getting blown up in ranked, god damn. I had hoped that by fighting higher ranked players, I'd no longer be subjected to people waking up and pushing random buttons and just doing shit, but noooopeee. It's only gotten worse.

IM is swag tho akuma worked better i think. but well i think it could be depend on the matchup.
I love Tatsu assist, but I don't really like Akuma, so I don't plan to use him. Plus, having a team of 900/750/750 sounds terrible. I'd rather just grind Tony until I'm good with him.

I no longer own this game :D it's been fun marvel gaf x3
XBL GAF wins again.
Later, Q. I'll try to troll in your stead. Godspeed.

Just got around to watching the Chris G vs. MarlinPie Sou Sou Sou Sou Finals again and damn, youtube heads are salty as fuck regarding Morrigan and her zoning.

They're crazy. That shit makes marvel interesting again.

I practiced with Morrigan a bit myself, but man am I ass at doing lots of quarter circles in a row. Hell, I can do sou sou sou sou sou more reliably on a stock xbox pad than on a stick right now.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
broke it in a salty tirade? have some self control man! as others have said xbox nation now reigns supreme over psn.

The balance has been shifted. You were their constant.

In other news:

UMVC3 The Online Warrior: Episode 15 'Rage Quitter Hell?'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYeYeu5p4cU

To answer the question posed in your video. I've had significantly less rage quits in Ultimate, so it does feel like there's been an improvement on that front. What I do absolutely hate though is that when someone does ragequit you can no longer give them bad feedback on Xbox Live as the game somehow doesn't register the players you encountered on Ranked as players you actually faced. I do like the fact that you can choose not to fight a player when a match is found so that you no longer end up facing the same ragequiter 3 times in a row as this did happen in Vanilla.

So to summarize: I'm salty that you can no longer dole out negative feedback but do like the other improvements in general

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The balance has been shifted. You were their constant.

In other news:

UMVC3 The Online Warrior: Episode 15 'Rage Quitter Hell?'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYeYeu5p4cU

@4:23

That dude blocked an "unblockable".

Damn.

Oh and on rage quitting. I honestly don't mind it in player matches since that's all I play anyways. I almost find it to be the ultimate sign of respect, even though the rage quitter's intent is probably more malicious than that. I don't play ranked anymore but if someone rage quit in a game I'm sure I'd be pretty mad.

There are times when I would like to quit out and not be penalized though. Sometimes I'll get into a slideshow match and for whatever reason I'll have to sit through the whole match instead of the game booting us both out. One time I was in a slideshow match where we both booted out and was still penalized.

Tobe

DAMN YOU SMURF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why are you so lame!!!!! you are so lame that you make me lame.
9-10 for smurf tho it was really close in the end, it my fault for now securing the win when i was 5-0. cracking ppl open with hawkeye it so hard ugh. i need more practice with morrigan it still day 1 with her

smurfx

get some go again
ggs tobe. morrigan gave me problems in the beginning but i soon adjusted and stupid ass magneto is the one that gave me the most problems. i've got to work on my hawkeye. not used to zoning with him.

edit: stupid online warrior. i beat max 4 times and he doesn't show any of my matches?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
ggs tobe. morrigan gave me problems in the beginning but i soon adjusted and stupid ass magneto is the one that gave me the most problems. i've got to work on my hawkeye. not used to zoning with him.

edit: stupid online warrior. i beat max 4 times and he doesn't show any of my matches?

Grudge match!

Max is too big for this rinky dink operation :(

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Shhh don't tell marvel gaf where Im going.

:lol

Anyway, did anyone experience some kind of strange cancelled TAC?

I was playing around with ammy and I tac'd and I saw the flash but Ammy jumped and still in game. She didn't even switch to other partner.

Did anyone have experience with this kind of strange event?

smurfx

get some go again
sigh live is starting to become less fun now that 90% of everybody you play is some person spamming teleport and some assist like vajra or beam. i wouldn't have much of a problem with this if characters like dante or wesker were at least punishable when you blocked their crap but nope.

shaowebb

I no longer own this game :D it's been fun marvel gaf x3

Sold it for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning? JK but understandable if you did. That game is gonna be insanely good and who's got time for combo grinding in Mahvel if you're trying to simultaneously play over 200 hours of RPG awesomeness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom