• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeEarth

I haven't watched it, but how much of it still applies to Ultimate? Seems like nobody really uses the Buktooth loop anymore.

I think the Buktooth loop still does more damage, but the new loop gets them to the corner much faster which is where is where the real fun begins with Doom. Plus it's harder to screw up.

JeTmAn81

So, anyone who's seen Padtrick team knows how effective Vergil/Strider can be. That combination effectively shuts off most aerial maneuvers as, unlike Dante, Vergil can cross up an airborne opponent without exposing himself to too much danger, since his M teleport will leave him on the ground but behind the opponent, as opposed to Dante who always appears above and could be thrown or otherwise hurt. So you can very easily get that hard knockdown with Strider if your opponent is jumping around. The tradeoff for that is that Vergil doesn't have a way of converting that into a combo on his own without X-Factoring (hence Padtrick's early use of X-Factor in nearly every game).

I had previously thought that if a character had a crossup teleport, it either had to have a certain degree of vulnerability (Dante) or that character would not be able to convert into a combo easily (Vergil, Dormammu, Wesker in so much as he can't do it from all the way across the screen). But now I've realized there's Rocket Raccoon. His ground teleport lets you cross them up just like Vergil, but the difference is that he can Bear Trap his way into a full combo.

So this makes me theorize about possible RR/Strider teams. It seems like RR might have to be the point on that team, and you'd probably want someone pretty beefy in the second slot to make up for the fact that you're playing two of the lowest health characters in the game. Dante would actually go well with RR if you put Dante in the first slot, and you might even be able to get a pseudo-Kusoru type thing going if you Devil Trigger, since that would grant Dante a triple jump like Viewtiful Joe's. But Dante's health is only 900k, so that's leaving the team pretty slim as a whole.

The other issue is that even though Rocket can convert into a combo off the Strider assist, I don't know how difficult it would be to do any kind of real damage off that. His combos just don't hurt that much.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It works! It works! Notations:

(MH-Stinger-BC Volcano/j.S/Hammer) - j.H - Air Play - j.H - S - j. M - j.H - Killer Bee - (backdash) S - Up Shots - Stinger Lvl. 2 [add Bold Cancel Teleport or loop S - Up Shots 2 or 3 times before using Stinger Lvl. 2 if you aren't in the corner by now] - Hammer - Instant Million Carats/Volcano~Beehive - Million Dollars.

The key here is to make sure that when you're juggling the character with the j.H - Air Play - j.H, you:

- Delay the second j.H.
- Mustn't add the H on the ground that most Dantes do for spacing's sake in combos. [Ex Note: It feels like this is kinda finicky, sometimes you can do the combo with the added H, but a lot of times the hit stun is too much and you only notice as much when the most important part, the Killer Bee in the air starts up.]
- Hit S before they drop but not before the juggled character is around Dante's lower chest/upper torso's height. The actual area of leeway might be greater than this, but try it and see what works for you.

I'm half tempted to make a video for this, even if it's stuff people have already accomplished just to say I contributed something to Mahvel GAF.

Edit: I thought I was editing my post here.

Isn't that his regular extended bnb? I think I'm just not reading something right.

When you say (Stinger-BC Volcano/j.S/Hammer), do you mean, Stinger xx BC xx Volcano, j.S xx Hammer, and then another Volcano to get the next part started? Also, what's "Instant Million Carats/Volcano~Beehive"?

Sorry, I'm out of touch with Dante tech, and haven't really been following much as of late. I'm trying to get back into it.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
To Felicia players, how do you deal with happy birthdays? Air Delta's only tend to hit one so I try to just do a magic series into ground sand splash into hyper but I have issues with one popping out. Since I have Frank on my team and if I have meter I tend to just use Team Hypers but wondering if maybe there is a better way...
Delta Kick will usually ground bounce both opponents only if the point character's hitbox is significantly larger than the assist. Otherwise the final hit will whiff on both characters.

Sand Splash will usually only pick up the character with the largest hitbox.

Toy Touch will always pick up both.

If you have a good lockdown assist, you can do a ground/jump series into air series into knockdown, then Toy Touch > assist > super.

Tobe

Delta Kick will usually ground bounce both opponents only if the point character's hitbox is significantly larger than the assist. Otherwise the final hit will whiff on both characters.

If you have a good lockdown assist, you can do a ground/jump series into air series into knockdown, then Toy Touch > assist > super.

the toy touch nerf really wasnt needed.

Xevren

Noted, thanks!

Also, the link to your vid is amazing. Both the gameplay and the commentary is fucking hilarious.

Azure J

Isn't that his regular extended bnb? I think I'm just not reading something right.

When you say (Stinger-BC Volcano/j.S/Hammer), do you mean, Stinger xx BC xx Volcano, j.S xx Hammer, and then another Volcano to get the next part started? Also, what's "Instant Million Carats/Volcano~Beehive"?

Sorry, I'm out of touch with Dante tech, and haven't really been following much as of late. I'm trying to get back into it.

No probs, I kinda like showing off sometimes, even if it's probably old ass tech I'm "discovering" here.

- The slashes denotes different ways to start the combos so in that part I'm saying "off of either MH-Stinger-BC Volcano, a j.S or a Hammer, do the following..."

- Similar to the above, the Instant Million Carats (QCF+M+M quickly)/Volcano~Beehive is just giving you two options for the final OTG into super. Like I run Dante with Strider assist so I'd always go Carats first while calling Vajira to knock them back down then I'd use Volcano ~ Beehive to get that little bit of damage in before super.

the toy touch nerf really wasnt needed.

What exactly was nerfed about it going from Vanilla to Ultimate? Admittedly, I didn't follow Felicia enough until Ultimate so I don't know what I've missed out on.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
What exactly was nerfed about it going from Vanilla to Ultimate? Admittedly, I didn't follow Felicia enough until Ultimate so I don't know what I've missed out on.
It suffers from hitstun scaling a lot now. You used to be able to chain Toy Touch into super as late in a combo as you wanted, but that doesn't work anymore. Doesn't really bother me though, as you can use Sand Splash instead and her resets are still pretty good regardless.

Her only nerf that really does bother me though is that her crossover counter can't be chained into a full combo anymore. They flip out way too fast.

It suffers from hitstun scaling a lot now. You used to be able to chain Toy Touch into super as late in a combo as you wanted, but that doesn't work anymore. Doesn't really bother me though, as you can use Sand Splash instead and her resets are still pretty good regardless.

Her only nerf that really does bother me though is that her crossover counter can't be chained into a full combo anymore. They flip out way too fast.
I think they nerfed Toy Touch to force people to use Sand Splash. It's the only way I can make sense of it.

I've never been big into designing long combos, but I had an idea yesterday that I really want to explore. Just a simple question: after I DHC from character 1 to character 2, can I call character 1's assist during that same combo? I'm sure I'd know the answer if I paid more attention on streams.

You can, that's how I get Frank to lv5 in one combo.

Does anyone on the XBL side want to play btw? I can't have internet on both the computer and the Xbox at the same time because of connection issues, so I need an answer before turning on my 360 :S

You can, that's how I get Frank to lv5 in one combo.

Does anyone on the XBL side want to play btw? I can't have internet on both the computer and the Xbox at the same time because of connection issues, so I need an answer before turning on my 360 :S
Can you do it immediately as the character you DHC into recovers?

My thought for a DHC is something like:
Chaotic Flame -> Astral Vision (corner), Dark Hole, qcf.H, qcb.S, qcf.S, qcb.S, qcf.S. If I can even get two in.

That's the last fucking time I ever get delusional enough to play someone with a yellow connection. Fuck that noise.
I've gotten desperate enough to do that several times, and this is exactly how I feel afterward. What makes me even more pissed off is when the [nasty words here] hits Rematch. Really? Is that a good connection for you, [nasty words here]? [Expletives]!

What do you know, I think I just got it. Chaotic Flame needs to be cancelled from Purification for height reasons for it to work.
Alright, give me like 10 minutes.
Oh, haha. I suppose I wasn't clear. This is off of Dormammu's bnb if it happens to end in a corner. I can't think of a situation were I would naked Chaotic Flame against a cornered opponent.

I hate when I do this, I just think "how bad could it be?", underwater fight commence.
Underwater fight that somehow always seems to go even slower whenever I hit him.

I've gotten desperate enough to do that several times, and this is exactly how I feel afterward. What makes me even more pissed off is when the [nasty words here] hits Rematch. Really? Is that a good connection for you, [nasty words here]? [Expletives]!

Underwater fight that somehow always seems to go even slower whenever I hit him.

It's the worst when you get a clean hit into a BnB, then drop it because the connection feels like moving through peanut butter. Meanwhile, the jackass is hitting everything 100% because he's used to having a shit connection.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

That's the worst. It's like, there's no way the other guy didn't feel the lag in the previous match. Why the hell would you rematch?

It's the worst when you get a clean hit into a BnB, then drop it because the connection feels like moving through peanut butter. Meanwhile, the jackass is hitting everything 100% because he's used to having a shit connection.
Reminds me of the Vanilla Marvel tournament here. Grand Finals: 2 players from Hawaii.

That's the worst. It's like, there's no way the other guy didn't feel the lag in the previous match. Why the hell would you rematch?
Because those people just have bad connections, or are really far away. That's all they have, and they don't understand that people like you and I can play this game and it feels really, really smooth. Their whole experience has always been underwater, so it's just "normal" to them. They think, "good game!" A sad state of affairs.

I know some people outside of the USA lie about their location so they can get Ranked matches in Region=Same with USA players because the online is dead in Europe/Mexico/whatever.

I think I'm tired of playing Ranked for now. Anyone in here wanna play?
In two weeks, I'm going to have a set of Marvel days. In two weeks, I'll have finished school...

Sorry Solar, my connection decided to be an asshole and not work at all right now -_-
It's okay.
Is Ammy hard to learn? I don't want to do any MarlinPie shit with her, but I was interested in using her in a Phoenix Wright team.
It's not too hard to get by with her. You just need to know when to switch between sword and normal stance. Her bead stance works mostly for chipping out and fighting big boys like Sentinel. Her level 3 is easy to combo into and a solid lockdown assist let's her do what she wants on the ground. She can also timeout like a motherfucker thanks to slow and can keep her opponents out with counters/papers. She is also a good character on just about any position. Moving around with her is mostly ground dashes and glaive dive combined with her air weapon switch.

Werent those guys two brothers living in the same house? They should've had a good connection to each other, at least :p
Roommates, IIRC.

Is Ammy hard to learn? I don't want to do any MarlinPie shit with her, but I was interested in using her in a Phoenix Wright team.
She's a lot harder than she was in Vanilla, but I think anyone can scrape by with f.HHHHH approaches or superjump air dash glaive swipes. I got her bnb down in a few hours of playing and I'm terrible at weapon swapping.

GGs Solar, I would've loved to stay for more, but like I said, only one thing can be connected to the internet right now, and my brother needed to use it :/

It was fun at least, played smoother than I expected it would too. Also, damn, since I always rush with Ammy I didn't know she could be THAT lame xD

Azure J

No seriously, what the hell is the vertical hitbox on Dark Angel?! I was a Phoenix on incoming and activated flight as soon as I got in, air dashing up back and throwing TK Shot H to teleport behind it. Before my teleport could even start though, a grounded Dark Angel goes under my foot (like both myself and my brother playing were watching) and the animation kicks in and my shit gets fucking bodied.

WAT.

It's not too hard to get by with her. You just need to know when to switch between sword and normal stance. Her bead stance works mostly for chipping out and fighting big boys like Sentinel. Her level 3 is easy to combo into and a solid lockdown assist let's her do what she wants on the ground. She can also timeout like a motherfucker thanks to slow and can keep her opponents out with counters/papers. She is also a good character on just about any position. Moving around with her is mostly ground dashes and glaive dive combined with her air weapon switch.

See, I knew you were the guy to go to for more ideas on approaches with Ammy. How I never thought of this even though I got Vine Dash - Foot Glaive/Glaive Kick down for some awesome angle coverage is beyond me.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
You should call Hulk's GTFO assist more while collecting evidence. I think you called the Amy assist, but I just flew over it with boxdash/zipline.

But yeah that lag got pretty bad towards the end. I remember getting 3 cr.H's while trying to do QCB H.

You should call Hulk's GTFO assist more while collecting evidence. I think you called the Amy assist, but I just flew over it with boxdash/zipline.

But yeah that lag got pretty bad towards the end. I remember getting 3 cr.H's while trying to do QCB H.

You kept killing Hulk so I couldn't use that assist!

GGs Solar, I would've loved to stay for more, but like I said, only one thing can be connected to the internet right now, and my brother needed to use it :/

It was fun at least, played smoother than I expected it would too. Also, damn, since I always rush with Ammy I didn't know she could be THAT lame xD
It was pretty damn smooth. You also haven't seen anything. Ammy backed by hidden missiles is much worse, but it doesn't hold up against Hawkeye and most other zoners. Sorry I sucked so much. I haven't played many real matches in months. The game is pretty much dead to me if I can't find an anchor I like. My Morrigan is also ass with this 360 D pad. I used the Wii classic pro controller with GG and TvC today and it was miles ahead of the 360 D pad.

gg
See, I knew you were the guy to go to for more ideas on approaches with Ammy. How I never thought of this even though I got Vine Dash - Foot Glaive/Glaive Kick down for some awesome angle coverage is beyond me.
Don't give me the credit. Chris G has been doing it constantly when he uses his Phoenix team. It works pretty well, but sometimes he weapon switches a bit late.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I haven't really followed much of the Avengers. Haven't seen the movie yet either. I've been marathoning through the new cartoon and damn. I didn't realize Hawkeye was such a beast. Shit makes me want to try him out some. lol

I haven't really followed much of the Avengers. Haven't seen the movie yet either. I've been marathoning through the new cartoon and damn. I didn't realize Hawkeye was such a beast. Shit makes me want to try him out some. lol

Gotta watch the movie, dude does some crazy shit with dem arrows

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
wtf r u waiting 4

GO WATCH THE AVENGERS NOW

shaowebb

I see a lot of guys doing this double take in comics and such. You can punch through trucks, shoot lasers out your eyes or control fire all you want, but if you run upon a guy whose super power amounts to infallible accuracy who can't miss a shot it doesn't mean a thing. If he gets off one shot you die. Game over you lose.

Thats what makes Hawkeye (and Bullseye) so big of a thing to me. The comic "Wanted" went into this very thing and it pretty much spells it out that unless your power is to beat him to the punch you had better hope the son of a bitch doesn't get the drop on you because he will win in one shot.

There are ways around this power, but unless you have a permanent ability to destroy things sent your way somehow without conscious awareness required of a target to do it before hand you will be hardpressed not to get nailed to a wall by someone like Hawkeye doing his thing in terms of super hero powers.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Gotta watch the movie, dude does some crazy shit with dem arrows

wtf r u waiting 4

GO WATCH THE AVENGERS NOW

Lol. I know. My friends have been saying the same shit. I need to see it asap.

I see a lot of guys doing this double take in comics and such. You can punch through trucks, shoot lasers out your eyes or control fire all you want, but if you run upon a guy whose super power amounts to infallible accuracy who can't miss a shot it doesn't mean a thing. If he gets off one shot you die. Game over you lose.

Thats what makes Hawkeye (and Bullseye) so big of a thing to me. The comic "Wanted" went into this very thing and it pretty much spells it out that unless your power is to beat him to the punch you had better hope the son of a bitch doesn't get the drop on you because he will win in one shot.

There are ways around this power, but unless you have a permanent ability to destroy things sent your way somehow without conscious awareness required of a target to do it before hand you will be hardpressed not to get nailed to a wall by someone like Hawkeye doing his thing in terms of super hero powers.

Yea, his talents are immense. I had no clue. lol. Dude has arrows for every effin occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom