• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
*There were only five people in the tournament, one of which was a little girl in a wheelchair who'd never played before, and the other who tried to back out after he played me in casuals but was unable to because the tournament had already started. I didn't lose any matches except to the girl in the wheelchair because I wanted her to have a good time.

You know that girl was actually a demon, it's ok to admit it.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Quick question, I was thinking of buying the original version for <$20 to play with my kids. Is there any good reason to spend twice as much if I never play online? The extra characters don't look that interesting either.

If you're playing with your kids Vanilla should be fine. I've seen it at Gamestop for $10 before.

JeTmAn81

You know that girl was actually a demon, it's ok to admit it.

Heh. I made sure she played on simple mode, and found out characters she liked so she could pick them (Ghost Rider, Captain America, Ryu). Next round she took a look at the Capcom side and immediately recognized Viewtiful Joe and Amaterasu so she picked them along with Spider-Man (good taste).

The tournament was a pretty sad affair, even aside from the size. I had to wait hours for them to even get started up, and then when they were supposed to start they told me they only had vanilla Marvel. I said, "Oh, haha you mean vanilla Ultimate", assuming they just meant they had Ultimate but hadn't been able to patch it, but no it was actually the first version of the game. I left the tournament after that because I didn't want to waste my $10 entry fee. They only had the Super version of SFIV as well, no AE, and certainly no 2012, so the Street Fighter tournament ended up not happening at all. They did get a good number of players for Pokemon and Smash, though.

Later I went home and picked up my wife so she could attend the comicon. I brought my copy of Ultimate with me and since they hadn't started the tournament, I re-entered. There were a couple of guys there who actually played the game, but you could tell they hadn't put the kind of time into it that I have. People sure are impressed by just about anyone who can play Marvel though, it seems to always be a popular spectator sport. In the end, I walked away with $15, a small trophy, and a bye for the next tournament which should actually be of a decent size. Somehow this paltry sum impressed my wife enough for her to comment that "If you have to waste all that time, at least you're making some money!" :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
My connection has been shit all week so I haven‘t been able to watch streams. What happened with the Raccoon/Dog team? It‘s relevant to my interests :eek:
He also had Deadpool on point, but he had this really cool mixup where cold star assist was called to lock them down and he's burrow underground to mix up the sides. Really hard to see, and furthermore he could go high or low on either side, people got caught with it a lot.

lol. Incredibly fraudulent, I think is what you meant to say.
How was that Iron Man play fraudulent? I would really like to see you explain this. Not even Joker's Magneto play was fraudulent. Unless this is some Fanatiq stream in-joke that I missed from not watching all of it.

Quick question, I was thinking of buying the original version for <$20 to play with my kids. Is there any good reason to spend twice as much if I never play online? The extra characters don't look that interesting either.
I don't know. Take a look at OP or wiki the game to see if your kids may like any of the 12 new additions. They might latch on to the Raccoon, etc. But largely I would say the original would be fine. I've seen it as low as $5.

Later I went home and picked up my wife so she could attend the comicon. I brought my copy of Ultimate with me and since they hadn't started the tournament, I re-entered. There were a couple of guys there who actually played the game, but you could tell they hadn't put the kind of time into it that I have. People sure are impressed by just about anyone who can play Marvel though, it seems to always be a popular spectator sport. In the end, I walked away with $15, a small trophy, and a bye for the next tournament which should actually be of a decent size. Somehow this paltry sum impressed my wife enough for her to comment that "If you have to waste all that time, at least you're making some money!" :p
Haha, this reminds me of Vanilla pre-release, where they had a few systems set up at Gamestop for the midnight release. Being the crazed individual I am, I already had Dormammu's moveset memorized, so the entire night was spent with me destroying people with very, very simple Dormammu zoning tactics. People stopped playing me though. :-/

How does your wife take your Marvel play?

How was that Iron Man play fraudulent? I would really like to see you explain this. Not even Joker's Magneto play was fraudulent. Unless this is some Fanatiq stream in-joke that I missed from not watching all of it.
He's just saying crap. It was some solid Iron Man play.

Dahbomb

I haven't seen that joker play yet but there are certainly issues with his iron man more specifically how he refuses to use proper ground confirms utilizing fly and using optimized combos. He has tech and crazy combos though.

but he had this really cool mixup where cold star assist was called to lock them down and he's burrow underground to mix up the sides.

Oh, so pretty much what I've always wanted to do, but never get the chance to because I always think "why the hell would I go for a mixup when I have a guarenteed unblockable right now?" :T

Seriously, somebody needs to give me a good reason to go for mixups instead so I can break that bad habit of mine.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I haven't seen that joker play yet but there are certainly issues with his iron man more specifically how he refuses to use proper ground confirms utilizing fly and using optimized combos. He has tech and crazy combos though.
It's a problem with Joker in general. This past weekend he's tried for fancy and stylish combos over ones that get shit done. He likes to style and it ends up costing him when he whiffs a smart bomb or repulsar here and there. A lot of this with his Magneto. He just never completes his damn combos.

Fanatiq called out this inefficiency in his combos too.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Joker's real problem against Wong was the start of the round(and him just being outclassed). Wolverine is gdlk at the start. He was dropping shit here and there, but I thought that was the biggest problem.

I'm honestly not sure what to do against Logan in the beginning, with Mags. Option Select with Force Field?

It's a problem with Joker in general. This past weekend he's tried for fancy and stylish combos over ones that get shit done. He likes to style and it ends up costing him when he whiffs a smart bomb or repulsar here and there. A lot of this with his Magneto. He just never completes his damn combos.

Fanatiq called out this inefficiency in his combos too.

That and some horrifyingly bad decision-making like going into x-factor out of nowhere to cancel a hyper well after killing the character.

Dahbomb

You can't expect to be consistent in marvel with inconsistent combos. Fanatiq speaks the truth about combo completion playing a huge part in match morale.

Oldschoolgamer

The XF was to cancel out Proton Canon to get the mix-up on the next character. He didn't get the mix-up and it ended up being a waste. Should have saved it. lol

Also, finally saw Avengers this weekend. GDLK. I swear I'd have an Iron Man team, if they didn't do what they did to him this game. :mad:

JeTmAn81

Haha, this reminds me of Vanilla pre-release, where they had a few systems set up at Gamestop for the midnight release. Being the crazed individual I am, I already had Dormammu's moveset memorized, so the entire night was spent with me destroying people with very, very simple Dormammu zoning tactics. People stopped playing me though. :-/

How does your wife take your Marvel play?

I would say she tolerates it. She still calls it wasting time, so I she doesn't see it the same way I do. Sometimes I do wonder why I spend so much time on this game. It's not like I expect to become EVO champion or anything. But I like the strategy and the creativity that you can put into it, and I like getting better at things. There are times when I become a little bit too obsessed, and that's when I need to take a step back.

You can't expect to be consistent in marvel with inconsistent combos. Fanatiq speaks the truth about combo completion playing a huge part in match morale.

It didn't seem like Joker had a game plan for dealing with Wolverine at all. For a game that's so strongly matchup-driven, it's weird not to have some specific ideas in place for targeting that character.

It didn't seem like Joker had a game plan for dealing with Wolverine at all. For a game that's so strongly matchup-driven, it's weird not to have some specific ideas in place for targeting that character.

No one on his team has the walkspeed to deal with a pressing Wolverine at the start, especially the best there is backed by the best Akuma and tatsu assist user too.

Akuma will tear through repulsor assist and Wolvie can do his stupid OS, I don't think Magneto can move back fast enough or be small. He starts off somewhat disadvantaged in the match IMO.

Funky ass decisions throughout, but he shoulda finished his combos. I was really surprised he never XF'd one of the (admittedly few) uncovered dive kicks that Justin went for. Wolverine is clearly the big problem on Justin's team. Strong play will get you through the other 2 and the mixups are far less bullshit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Joker could've beat Wong in losers if he did a ground Magnetic Shockwave to take out Storm/Force XF (dont remember if he had it or not) instead of confusing himself with his constant air dashing with Mags resulting in a air Tempest coming out.

He killed storm off anyways later, but I really think that one meter would've helped a lot in dealing with Wolverine, etc.

And yeah Wong factor was in full effect. Justin went hard body. That shit in the FT10 was ruthless. Almost like Wong as sandbagging earlier or woke up.

JeTmAn81

No one on his team has the walkspeed to deal with a pressing Wolverine at the start, especially the best there is backed by the best Akuma and tatsu assist user too.

Akuma will tear through repulsor assist and Wolvie can do his stupid OS, I don't think Magneto can move back fast enough or be small. He starts off somewhat disadvantaged in the match IMO.

Funky ass decisions throughout, but he shoulda finished his combos.

If you have no options for dealing with Wolverine in the opening gambit, doesn't that mean you pretty much need to counterpick some different characters? Opening and incoming are where Wolverine has almost complete domination. If your characters can't do anything about that, what's the point in playing them against Wolverine?

Oldschoolgamer

Can someone explain how Akuma survived that Hard Drive? I never cared about Sent to much to look into his specifics. That seemed...unfortunate and incredibly lucky for Justin.

I'm luckier than you two guys I guess as far as my play time goes. My girlfriend is a competitive smash player and if anything she wants to play more games with me. Mostly Gears, but I need to get another xbox first.

By the way, going online now if anyone wants to play. Gods_Beard PSN

It seemed like he was doing a lot of fullscreen repulsar's because he was scared shitless of wolverine.

JeTmAn81

It seemed like he was doing a lot of fullscreen repulsar's because he was scared shitless of wolverine.

Some of the moments I saw him being most effective against Wolverine were with mid-range Repulsar Blasts from Iron Man. I wonder if the matchup would've been different if he'd lead Iron Man and spaced those attacks correctly.

If you have no options for dealing with Wolverine in the opening gambit, doesn't that mean you pretty much need to counterpick some different characters? Opening and incoming are where Wolverine has almost complete domination. If your characters can't do anything about that, what's the point in playing them against Wolverine?

Pretty much. Unless you can somehow manufacture some space (via walk speed or weird jump patterns before the match starts) then SJ away, or risk a lot on a high priority reversal type move, it's not a good look.

People don't wanna learn new characters though :p

Some of the moments I saw him being most effective against Wolverine were with mid-range Repulsar Blasts from Iron Man. I wonder if the matchup would've been different if he'd lead Iron Man and spaced those attacks correctly.

I think Wolvie Tatsu just mauls IM at the beginning. Dude's backwards walkspeed is ass and his dash isn't good either, can't block immediately IIRC. If he gets space, it's better for him though.

also, stolen from srk:

Rayray said:
Yo i swear Mag/Drones vs Justin's Wolvie/Tatsu is one of the hardest things i've ever fought in this game(and i fight morridoom every other week). At winter brawl I got to play Justin in a couple sets, lost 3 of them but they were all 3-2. If i killed wolvie with ryu i won the match it was that simple.

Kill the Logan, save the world. It's easy for us to point out what he did wrong (cuz there was more than handful of wtf), but that's still one strong combination and it makes you look like extra shit when you lose against it because you lose SO hard :lol

Bizazedo

Wolverine "rubbing" against me at the beginning of a match and a teleporter + Vajra are the only things that scare me these days. I've come up with three things to help with Wolverine at the beginning, but it's still nothing more than guessing right. :(.

Frantic

My top tier strategy against Wolverine: Think he's going to push a button? SNAP BACK.

In all seriousness, I usually try to start Strider on point against Wolverine for the faster walk speed, faster normals, and superior airthrow range. Of course, if Wolv gets the first hit, Strider's squishy health goes down the drain for absolutely no effort on Wolverine's part and then it's mixups all day.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
My top tier strategy against Wolverine: Think he's going to push a button? SNAP BACK.
If you have a safe-on-block snap, that's not a half-bad idea.

For reference:

umvc3snapbacks.png

JeTmAn81

In all seriousness, I usually try to start Strider on point against Wolverine for the faster walk speed, faster normals, and superior airthrow range. Of course, if Wolv gets the first hit, Strider's squishy health goes down the drain for absolutely no effort on Wolverine's part and then it's mixups all day.

What do you do with Dante against him? I tend to Reverb Shock or go into a standing magic series at the beginning of the match to keep him at arm's length. I think Crystal should help as well, and j.S into Hammer.

edit: lol at -38 on blocked snapback for Tron

Frantic

If you have a safe-on-block snap, that's not a half-bad idea.

For reference:

http://www.sixfortyfive.com/temp/umvc3snapbacks.png
-4 for Dante. It's pretty safe, as it has the same properties as his s.H which pushes himself out of range of any normals fast enough to catch him. Shame he can't Bold Cancel it, though. :p

What do you do with Dante against him? I tend to Reverb Shock or go into a standing magic series at the beginning of the match to keep him at arm's length. I think Crystal should help as well, and j.S into Hammer.
Against most Wolverine's at the start of the round, I don't really do much except try to super jump away. If they're in my face, they will stuff out anything I try to do with his s.L, so I don't risk sticking anything out. Once in the neutral, though, it's a lot of Crystal, Drive, Hysterics, and j.M > Air Plays. If he starts to get too close, a dash up s.H into Weasel Shot will push him and Dante far enough apart to start the process again. Acid Rain is also good if he tries to jump/super jump over everything.

Really, the matchup should be in Dante's favor since Wolverine has no real answers to Dante's zoning and keepaway without something like a Beam(Tatsu works to a degree, but it doesn't clear everything out so Dante can push Wolverine back out as it cools down.)... but the start of the round makes it a 50/50.

Solune

Joker's real problem against Wong was the start of the round(and him just being outclassed). Wolverine is gdlk at the start. He was dropping shit here and there, but I thought that was the biggest problem.

I'm honestly not sure what to do against Logan in the beginning, with Mags. Option Select with Force Field?

Right here, you can't be "solid" if you're dropping shit. I didn't see Joker complete a whole BnB. He did do some good shit like, hitconfirms after Repulsor Blaster > Spread. And for the record I didn't say anything about his Magneto. It's not even about the whole Fanatiq thing, but if you're gonna call someone out, at least finish your plate. I mean when you have RDK, the main man backing you calling you a Choker and he has to hold that, I don't know what you're trying to defend. Also, funny thing during commentating RDK says, "what is Iron Man without Drones?" Just drop Iron Man altogether.

Oldschoolgamer

Right here, you can't be "solid" if you're dropping shit. I didn't see Joker complete a whole BnB. He did do some good shit like, hitconfirms after Repulsor Blaster > Spread. And for the record I didn't say anything about his Magneto. It's not even about the whole Fanatiq thing, but if you're gonna call someone out, at least finish your plate. I mean when you have RDK, the main man backing you calling you a Choker and he has to hold that, I don't know what you're trying to defend. Also, funny thing during commentating RDK says, "what is Iron Man without Drones?" Just drop Iron Man altogether.

I know this is about joker, but...there have been plenty of occasions where I've seen top players not hitting all of their stuff in tourney, or doing the silliest of shit possible. I wouldn't call them, "not solid" or whatever. Granted, going by his showing here, it seemed like his nerves got the best of him.

He didn't even call out Fanatiq. Fanatiq started the entire process. Is he supposed to not say shit back? lol. That's not how it works.

Or are you talking about him calling out Wong, after him almost beating him?

Bizazedo

What I do is either back dash (dangerous), try to juke him in the jumps, or st. S with Zero. Works very well.

Works on Vergil, too. I actually have a combo that will kill Vergil if I catch him with a st. S at the start of a round, assuming I don't drop it (the end is a little tricky), so that's nice.

Alas, Wolverine's health is too high for that.

JeTmAn81

What I do is either back dash (dangerous), try to juke him in the jumps, or st. S with Zero. Works very well.

Works on Vergil, too. I actually have a combo that will kill Vergil if I catch him with a st. S at the start of a round, assuming I don't drop it (the end is a little tricky), so that's nice.

I would think Zero wouldn't have too many problems. Take to the air, and shoot lightning all over him.

Incidentally, I did some practice with Team Mihe last night (Zero/Vergil/Dante). After a couple of hours I was able to pull off his regular combo (regular series into air series, knockdown, dive into lightning into Vergil assist, knockdown again, dive into lightning into Dante assist, jump up, lightning, buster, knockdown), with Rekkoha at the end instead of the Lightning Loop, and that sucker does 820,000. I have to work twice as hard with Dante to barely break 700,000. Zero does it for free. This character.

Bizazedo

I would think Zero wouldn't have too many problems. Take to the air, and shoot lightning all over him.
Zero walks very slowly backwards. Honestly, he's fairly slow when he's not dashing or lightning or dive kicking.

If he just jumps or super jumps away, Wolverine will catch him and do bad things to him.

Similar to Wolverine, Hulk is a nightmare at the beginning of a round and I've resigned myself to eating an airthrow these days.

Incidentally, I did some practice with Team Mihe last night (Zero/Vergil/Dante). After a couple of hours I was able to pull off his regular combo (regular series into air series, knockdown, dive into lightning into Vergil assist, knockdown again, dive into lightning into Dante assist, jump up, lightning, buster, knockdown), with Rekkoha at the end instead of the Lightning Loop, and that sucker does 820,000. I have to work twice as hard with Dante to barely break 700,000. Zero does it for free. This character.

Zero and Dante are sick together. I keep getting tempted to try Dante again as he's much easier to play than he was in vanilla, but I enjoy Nova too much.

But yeah, Zero and Dante are BFF's.

Frantic

Wolverine is a character I WILL X-Factor on if they've proven their Wolverine is good enough. It's too easy for him to shift momentum in his favor for me to let him live.

Throw in some shot loops after the Million Carats and watch the damage rack up. Dante doesn't have to work too hard to get damage.

@Biz, you should try Zero/Nova/Dante. :p

JeTmAn81

I've been meaning to watch that, wasn't sure about the link so thanks. Anyway, I've been playing Dante for a year+ and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to get the combos in those videos down in a couple of hours like I did with Zero. So I know Dante can get bigger damage, it just comes at a lot higher execution cost than a simple Zero combo does.

Azure J

Reminds me of my messing around with him the very first time as part of a Zero/Dante/Phoenix team and getting some wild number like 760K off off MS-j.MMHS-Sentsuizan M-Buster-Lightning L-S-[repeat sequence]-Assist (Jam Session)-Sentsuizan M-Rekkoha. That was the fraud friendly version of that series and I got more damage at the time than I had ever seen with Dante traditionally. :lol

I think it was partially because of that why I put so much time into R&D for a more damaging BnB with Dante recently. Right now it looks like this:

MH-Stinger-BC Volcano-j.H-Air Play-j.H-H-S-j.MH-Killer Bee-S-Up Shots-Stinger Lvl.2 - [BC Teleport if necessary] - (Corner stuff depending on if you use Hammer or Sky Dance after the Bold Move/Teleport)

I seriously wish if it weren't so overly specific with the Killer Bee part though. You basically have to be higher than the character you're juggling or they have to be Xbox huge and even then, it just makes it easier visually.

If this doesn't pan out, assist combos here I come. :p

Wolverine is a character I WILL X-Factor on if they've proven their Wolverine is good enough. It's too easy for him to shift momentum in his favor for me to let him live.

Throw in some shot loops after the Million Carats and watch the damage rack up. Dante doesn't have to work too hard to get damage.

@Biz, you should try Zero/Nova/Dante. :p

Your stance on Wolverine is my stance on Zeros and Vergils without taking into account skill levels. Those characters have too much "why God why" for me to do anything less that max damage to them if presented with the opportunity.

Edit: Wait what, new Frantic tech video from a week ago and I'm just seeing it now?
Edit 2: I am so fucking mad I never thought of using Million Carats like that at the beginning of the combo. That damage is fucking absurd.

Bizazedo

The only "permissible" reason to x-factor versus Zero is to help you land the hit. You shouldn't have to x-factor after a combo starts on him, ever, due to his low hp.

/arrogant switch off.

Frantic

I've been meaning to watch that, wasn't sure about the link so thanks. Anyway, I've been playing Dante for a year+ and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to get the combos in those videos down in a couple of hours like I did with Zero. So I know Dante can get bigger damage, it just comes at a lot higher execution cost than a simple Zero combo does.
Eh, I find Zero's combos harder to do just because they're much longer. Also because I do Dante's combos so much that I don't even think about them anymore and find them really easy. *shrug*

Your stance on Wolverine is my stance on Zeros and Vergils without taking into account skill levels. Those characters have too much "why God why" for me to do anything less that max damage to them if presented with the opportunity.
I can usually kill Zero/Vergil off most hit confirms without X-Factor(I'll occassionaly do it off a Reverb Shock, just because I can kill those two fast enough to have a little X-Factor left over for the incoming character), but Wolverine's got too much health for awkward hit confirms so I'll go ahead and X-Factor him(usually after a Hammer mid-combo. I'll go Hammer > Devil Trigger > X-Factor > Flight > Lightning Bolt x5. Five Lightning Bolts in XF1 does 400k, so I'll have plenty XF left over for the incoming character)

Edit 2: I am so fucking mad I never thought of using Million Carats like that at the beginning of the combo. That damage is fucking absurd.
As long as you're not near the corner, you can usually get 2-3 shot loops off this. Off a Hammer, I can do like 620k through shot loops. If I get them in the corner and have Vergil assist, I can reach 670k. It's the best and easiest damage you can get with Dante, I think.

Solune

I know this is about joker, but...there have been plenty of occasions where I've seen top players not hitting all of their stuff in tourney, or doing the silliest of shit possible. I wouldn't call them, "not solid" or whatever. Granted, going by his showing here, it seemed like his nerves got the best of him.

He didn't even call out Fanatiq. Fanatiq started the entire process. Is he supposed to not say shit back? lol. That's not how it works.

Or are you talking about him calling out Wong, after him almost beating him?
Definitely top players were dropping shit everywhere, that's not the problem. Justin was dropping Wolverine combos but he recovered extremely quickly and he downloaded and exposed both Joker AND Nick Cam.

Yes I was mostly commenting on him almost taking out Wong, I wasn't very clear there, sorry. Now I've gotten into arguments of "strong showings" before like I think it was Jetman81 or A Pretty Panda regarding Iron Fist, and how Iron Fist won a major event. But in reality it was Justin doing work and falling back on the BFFs. To me if Joker's Iron Man was "solid" he would've gone toe to toe with Justin, regardless of if he lost or not. Instead his Magneto was doing most of the work and DRONES. Now Joker clutched his wins with Iron Man I'll give him that, but getting opened up 24/7 in a FT10 runback doesn't tell me that's a solid character.

Now I've been shit talking Joker this whole time but during commetary even Jago was saying he's a much better player than what he showed and granted he was playing none other than the marvelous one so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt in regards to being a solid player. But IMO he did not show a solid Iron Man, at all.
GGs to Solune, where's the Iron Fist >_>

I've been soul searching haha. On and off with Chris teams(My highest BnB with Chris 1 meter 2 assists is 972k, is that the highest?) and my main Spencer team. I also really want to rework Dante into the threshold. Really into some weird experimental teams even if they don't work like Nemesis/Morrigan/Nova. Nemesis is REALLY fun, I shouldn't have doubted you before =p. Like his Launcher Slam L... You don't get anything off of it normally, but I realized that if the opponent techs back you get a command grab M or front tech = command grab H.

Characters I want to play and integrate into teams that I haven't established already.
Morrigan, Firebrand, Nemesis,Nova, Jill, Super Skrull.

The main reason I don't play Iron Fist/Ryu/Nova right now is, I think I should find a better team to make Iron Fist work, and second I took a TROUNCING to my friend's Wolverine team(Wolverine/Magneto/Wesker) while he was here and I got demolished even with my main team.

Dahbomb

Still haven't seen the archive but Iron Man has pretty shitty response to incoming mix ups as he is coming in. No real move that hits underneath him with a ton of priority like FOOT DIVE. Makes it really easy to run a train on him when he's in that situation and I would say that same for Vergil. I want the Knee Dive move so much it hurts although even then I would have the faster ADDF over it.

Basically if IM is getting clipped by Wolverine a ton it's more the fault of Magneto not holding his own with 2 assists rather than IM's fault.

I've been soul searching haha. On and off with Chris teams(My highest BnB with Chris 1 meter 2 assists is 972k, is that the highest?) and my main Spencer team. I also really want to rework Dante into the threshold. Really into some weird experimental teams even if they don't work like Nemesis/Morrigan/Nova. Nemesis is REALLY fun, I shouldn't have doubted you before =p. Like his Launcher Slam L... You don't get anything off of it normally, but I realized that if the opponent techs back you get a command grab M or front tech = command grab H.

Characters I want to play and integrate into teams that I haven't established already.
Morrigan, Firebrand, Nemesis,Nova, Jill, Super Skrull.

The main reason I don't play Iron Fist/Ryu/Nova right now is, I think I should find a better team to make Iron Fist work, and second I took a TROUNCING to my friend's Wolverine team(Wolverine/Magneto/Wesker) while he was here and I got demolished even with my main team.

You should play Iron Fist/Spencer/Sentinel!

I fucking hate fighting Dante and Vergil

Still haven't seen the archive but Iron Man has pretty shitty response to incoming mix ups as he is coming in. No real move that hits underneath him with a ton of priority like FOOT DIVE. Makes it really easy to run a train on him when he's in that situation and I would say that same for Vergil. I want the Knee Dive move so much it hurts although even then I would have the faster ADDF over it.

Basically if IM is getting clipped by Wolverine a ton it's more the fault of Magneto not holding his own with 2 assists rather than IM's fault.

I miss refly :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom