• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, "stays out" isn't even really accurate, since a hadoken will stay out after Ryu gets hit as well. What I should have said is that the move "comes out," or comes on screen, even if you get hit after calling it. It's like if you order a pizza and then someone punches you, the pizza's still gonna show up.

What move are we trying to name?

I would say she tolerates it. She still calls it wasting time, so I she doesn't see it the same way I do. Sometimes I do wonder why I spend so much time on this game. It's not like I expect to become EVO champion or anything. But I like the strategy and the creativity that you can put into it, and I like getting better at things. There are times when I become a little bit too obsessed, and that's when I need to take a step back.
I think it's odd to compare self-enjoyment to time wasting. I've always felt like the people who are obsessed with being "productive" are the ones with problems. What are you racing toward, anyway?

Some of the moments I saw him being most effective against Wolverine were with mid-range Repulsar Blasts from Iron Man. I wonder if the matchup would've been different if he'd lead Iron Man and spaced those attacks correctly.
This is a good point. It's a shame that Joker has a team that can be run in any order, but he never changes it. Justin was snapping Sentinel in, and I don't think it's because he's afraid of XF3 Sentinel. I think it's because Iron Man + Sentinel was really difficult for him to deal with.

Wolverine "rubbing" against me at the beginning of a match and a teleporter + Vajra are the only things that scare me these days. I've come up with three things to help with Wolverine at the beginning, but it's still nothing more than guessing right. :(.
This is why I don't play Dormammu on point. Every character feels like Wolverine at the start of the match. :p I don't know why pro players let Dormammu start at the opposite edge of the screen so often. It blows my mind. The best character starters against Wolverine are characters with command throws, because if you tech each other's throws and go into a 1-frame command throw, you pretty much just won the start of the match. Just do f.H, hcb.H at the start of the match and you're covered.

My top tier strategy against Wolverine: Think he's going to push a button? SNAP BACK.

In all seriousness, I usually try to start Strider on point against Wolverine for the faster walk speed, faster normals, and superior airthrow range. Of course, if Wolv gets the first hit, Strider's squishy health goes down the drain for absolutely no effort on Wolverine's part and then it's mixups all day.
XF3 Wolverine scares me a lot.

FUCK RANDOM CROSSUPS

OH MY CHRIST I can't stand Vergil
I know how you feel.
;-)

What move are we trying to name?

In yesterday's Justin vs Joker FT10, Joker did a raw Proton Cannon, so Justin responded with a DHC into Hailstorm. Storm still got hit by the first couple hits of the beam, but due to the properties of Hailstorm, all the ice still came out, so Iron Man took a lot more damage than Storm in the exchange. RDK commented that what Justin did worked because Hailstom is a "summon move."

Bizazedo

See, what these scrubs just don't get, is the point of the game is to reduce the other dude's HP to zero. That's it. Talking team compositions and DHC's and meter management.

Just make their HP = zero. That's it.

Scrubs.

XF3 Wolverine scares me a lot.

Friend of mine runs Magneto / Doom / Wolverine. You can't block Wolverine at XF3.

Dahbomb

In yesterday's Justin vs Joker FT10, Joker did a raw Proton Cannon, so Justin responded with a DHC into Hailstorm. Storm still got hit by the first couple hits of the beam, but due to the properties of Hailstorm, all the ice still came out, so Iron Man took a lot more damage than Storm in the exchange. RDK commented that what Justin did worked because Hailstom is a "summon move."
Yeah it's important to make that distinction. It's why Storm's Hail and Sentinel persist even when they XF out. Same for Strange's SoV, that's another very powerful "summon" hyper. IMO it's a very powerful trait to have in a hyper with the way DHCs and XF work in this game. Storm, Strange and Sentinel basically are a legit threat because of this.

Other "summon" hypers include Dorm's Stalking Flare (he even says "I summon the power"), Morrigan's Missiles, both of Tron's hypers, Thor/Magneto's Shockwaves.

Yeah it's important to make that distinction. It's why Storm's Hail and Sentinel persist even when they XF out. Same for Strange's SoV, that's another very powerful "summon" hyper. IMO it's a very powerful trait to have in a hyper with the way DHCs and XF work in this game. Storm, Strange and Sentinel basically are a legit threat because of this.

Other "summon" hypers include Dorm's Stalking Flare (he even says "I summon the power"), Morrigan's Missiles, both of Tron's hypers, Thor/Magneto's Shockwaves. Other hypers basically fall into utility or "channeling" hyper where if you break the channel or XF you interrupt the hyper completely.

Goes away if he gets hit. Can't remember if it was like that in Vanilla but it definitely is now.

JeTmAn81

"Summon" works as a description of those kinds of moves, but it lacks style. I would prefer something like "Juggernaut" moves. You just can't stop them.

Quick question, I was thinking of buying the original version for <$20 to play with my kids. Is there any good reason to spend twice as much if I never play online? The extra characters don't look that interesting either.

If your kids love a good she-hulk, you damn well better. #Kappa

OT: New avatar Mahvel-GAF; and none of you may have her! :D

Ah. I just think of them as being active independent of the character, like a fireball. Storm's fireball just happens to cover the whole screen.

Ah. I just think of them as being active independent of the character, like a fireball. Storm's fireball just happens to cover the whole screen.

One distinction from a fireball though is that Storm or Sentinel can get hit or X-Factor before the projectiles have even entered the screen yet.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Oh forgot about that. But it persists if he X factors or if he DHCs out. I think that counts as a summon, sort of.

Pretty sure I've tried to Stalking flare Xfactor stalking Flare but only got one because I xfactored during the first ones startup frames. If it was following the properties of say Storm's super that wouldn't of happened.

Gimlet probably has this property.

Look how close that beam was to hitting when Justin DHC'd!

bbXbJ.png

Azure J

Pro tip 3 (Ultimate Pro Tip):
win.

Maybe it's because I was watching DBZ Abridged just now, but I was totally expecting this to say "dodge". :lol

I know how you feel.
;-)

I mean seriously, watching an entire comeback evaporate in front of your eyes because scrub tactic #37 - air startup hyper on entry - paid off while the other party cheers because "YOLO!" is frustrating.

Watching my Strider do the Harlem Shake while I held back only for his health to melt away on contact with Maximum Bubbles was just... :C

I need to jump on reaction to that more often.

I went 15-18 as Skrull/Dormammu/Strange against a pretty good Zero/Wesker/Doom. Fun fact: Bolts of Balthakk lets Skrull get full combos off of Meteor Smash. Too bad Skrull's neutral game is so terrible. And I almost got an OCV with Dr. Strange/Dormammu/Morrigan, but I messed up an input. :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I bet Justin literally enters "bullet" time in those moments. Everything just slows to a crawl for this guy.
Certain players reactions are just insane. Wong is one of those. In a split second, he will punish while still evaluating all the alternatives the opponent has to make themselves safe, and is ready to counteract as well. Highly analytic play like Wong and Viscant's <3

Tobe

GG's smurf im getting better but still need better vergil combos. lag is ass as always :( hopefully ill be going to evo, got a friend in american airlines who can possibly get me a ticket for 650 usd round trip.

obligatory SHIELD SKILLZZZZZZZZZ

Wow. I can't believe I never tested this before and have never seen it on stream, but Morrigan can combo into Soul Drain solo. Just delay the j.S in your air series, Soul Drain as soon as you land, and cancel into Shadow Servant immediately. Your opponent will land on the Soul Drain projectile at the end of the hyper. Also works in corners, and if you XFC the Shadow Servant you can relaunch and do it again.

Makes me want to put her on point...it is pretty fun having near infinite bar for Spell of Vishanti, though.

Dahbomb

So ChrisG, MastaCJ, Justin Wong and Flocker will be in attendance at UFGT.

Probably quite a few more players coming as well... any takers for top 3? Pools are also up for UFGT.

You people talk more about Hsien-Ko than I do. Black and Red Lei Lei is also the best Lei Lei(followed by the wine colored alt). It's Kajoq approved.
So ChrisG, MastaCJ, Justin Wong and Flocker will be in attendance at UFGT.

Probably quite a few more players coming as well... any takers for top 3? Pools are also up for UFGT.
Two out of three right there(unless they are in the same pool). Chris could really go places if he can get over the incoming hills of salt at this tournament. Justin won't go down easy at all.

Azure J

Frantic, why did you have to go and show me that Million Carats/Strider extension today? Now my inner OCD and competitor will not let me leave training mode until I've hit it at least once to know what the inputs are like on my hands. Reason? I want the swag. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom