• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

Jago's Dante resets are so cool

And he's unusually good at backdashing.

dat Hsien-Ko/Iron Fist/Phoenix Wright tech

Are you serious?

Didn't Capcom say that they have some kind of licensing issue with Marvel about PC games?

I don't think Capcom has offically said, but I do believe something of the sort to be the case.

Its likely something along the lines of Gazillion owning all the rights to PC marvel games Given their two MMO's, but I'm not really certain where the facebook Avengers game fits into that theory.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
HH would have been great had it had local multiplayer. People could have practiced together and ran sets on stream. Thanks to online only though there was no way to run sets on each other making it a single player tool only.

So close yet so far from greatness.
Agreed. The entire half-baked-ness of its multiplayer modes, both offline and online, REALLY killed it :/

LakeEarth

Agreed. The entire half-baked-ness of its multiplayer modes, both offline and online, REALLY killed it :/
The other thing that killed it was that combination that made you recover too much health too fast.

It's sad cause I really enjoyed coming up with awesome card / team combinations. All normals chip + Nemesis tentacle zoning was so good.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Once again, Armhouse is the greatest at commentary.

*Sent does combos*
"maybach"
"maybach"

*Sent dies*
"MaMaMaMaybach music"

*Dr. Strange opens book*
"Quran quotes"

JeTmAn81

Mostly just backwards wavedashing lol. He's the only guy I ever notice that does it.

People who can do it really well tend to stand out. I know Yipes's movement is very distinctive to me. I think the pro guys plink dash to move like that. Whenever I do a backwards wavedash I tend to just do downback, two buttons, downback, etc. but that can trigger certain hypers like Berserker Rage with Wolverine so I know it's not the best way.

It will probably be Wolverine/Vergil/Akuma maybe.

That would make sense, since the Wolverine/Akuma shell is his bread and butter. Slap in the current "best character in the game" who also goes amazingly well in the second slot, and you've got one of those theoretical best teams in the game ala Daigo's vanilla Wolverine/Dante/Akuma team.

Grecco

People who can do it really well tend to stand out. I know Yipes's movement is very distinctive to me. I think the pro guys plink dash to move like that. Whenever I do a backwards wavedash I tend to just do downback, two buttons, downback, etc. but that can trigger certain hypers like Berserker Rage with Wolverine so I know it's not the best way.

That would make sense, since the Wolverine/Akuma shell is his bread and butter. Slap in the current "best character in the game" who also goes amazingly well in the second slot, and you've got one of those theoretical best teams in the game ala Daigo's vanilla Wolverine/Dante/Akuma team.

Its not an optimal team for Vergil i think, but it should be good enough for Wolverine. Im curious to see him bust that team out.

I think you mean "pre-release."
Hahaha. But to be fair, he did reasonably well until the Sentinel nerf. Then he kept getting rocked with the low health Sentinel, tried out other combinations, and just never hit his stride. He had a pretty solid Magneto, and he is responsible for a lot of our Zero tech today.

Hahaha. But to be fair, he did reasonably well until the Sentinel nerf. Then he kept getting rocked with the low health Sentinel, tried out other combinations, and just never hit his stride. He had a pretty solid Magneto, and he is responsible for a lot of our Zero tech today.

I told him on twitter to use Zero/Vergil/Magneto, but I think he's gonna try to stick it out with his anchor Strider. :-|

Yeah, Marn's not bad at all, he just kinda got left behind :/

Bizazedo

I told him on twitter to use Zero/Vergil/Magneto, but I think he's gonna try to stick it out with his anchor Strider. :-|

How would he pick someone off the ground from a backwards air throw with either Mags or Vergil?

Timing on Mag might be too tight for a tournament and Vergil would push them away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom