• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

get some go again
hey biza you ever play the dude on my friends list called respect the mayor? godlike haggar player. you should send him an invite.

smurfx

get some go again
i like hawkeye but man is there some pretty bad drawbacks to him. his defense is the most obvious one but i don't understand why the damage from a dhc gimlet is so low. you almost get the same damage just from chip from a naked gimlet. i understand that gimlet is a powerful hyper but capcom went overboard nerfing the damage after combos and dhc's. does doctor stranges instant hyper scale as badly as gimlet?

i like hawkeye but man is there some pretty bad drawbacks to him. his defense is the most obvious one but i don't understand why the damage from a dhc gimlet is so low. you almost get the same damage just from chip from a naked gimlet. i understand that gimlet is a powerful hyper but capcom went overboard nerfing the damage after combos and dhc's. does doctor stranges instant hyper scale as badly as gimlet?

Well it's one hit only. And the hit itself already doesn't do much damage. Add in scaling from other hits, and of course it's going to do pathetic damage after a DHC.

smurfx

get some go again
i think i would get far more touch of death combos with haggar if gimlet didn't scale so bad. maybe i should pick up chris and use him as his hyper goes really well with haggar. his zoning is pretty good and he has a ton of life.

i think i would get far more touch of death combos with haggar if gimlet didn't scale so bad. maybe i should pick up chris and use him as his hyper goes really well with haggar. his zoning is pretty good and he has a ton of life.

Chris/Haggar is something to be feared. I had to deal with that shit a week or so ago online, and it made me not want to play for a couple of days.

smurfx

get some go again
Chris/Haggar is something to be feared. I had to deal with that shit a week or so ago online, and it made me not want to play for a couple of days.
yeah it seems like chris/haggar are bff's. wesker goes really well with haggar too as he lets you do his reset pretty easily.

Bizazedo

It's because they didn't want keep-away to be #1.

smurfx

get some go again
you know gimlet isn't the only hyper on my team that does crappy damage. stomach press does really crappy damage as well if you don't get all the hits from the hyper. taskmasters hyper is the only one that always does great damage no matter what.

mVNd7.jpg

Taskmaster's minimum hyper scaling is crazy, I think the only DHCs that do more are Gamma Crush, a full hit Body Press, or a Swords combo. (Not including level three hypers of course, should also mention this is only from observation and not actual testing.)

kirblar

Taskmaster's minimum hyper scaling is crazy, I think the only DHCs that do more are Gamma Crush, a full hit Body Press, or a Swords combo. (Not including level three hypers of course, should also mention this is only from observation and not actual testing.)
It's crazy, but he only has the one.

LakeEarth

you know gimlet isn't the only hyper on my team that does crappy damage. stomach press does really crappy damage as well if you don't get all the hits from the hyper.
God, the amount of times I air grabbed -> 1 hit of that shitty super in vanilla... a bar for like 250k.

Bizazedo

I need to learn to adapt faster. I've been running very positively over the past few weeks and only have really drawn "even" with one person in sets (sup Frantic), and I usually win the first 2 of 3 or 3 of 5, but not always and that's what's important.

Ugh.

Like, I figured out how to kill Vergil off a raw S from Zero, but that doesn't mean being that close is always ideal.

I hate 2 out of 3.

shaowebb

Assist Me part 2 feat. Phoenix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxWH65hi7II&feature=player_embedded

hmm...only one anti tech to give? Thought he'd give more.
FYI its the
XF TAC
, in case you were wondering

Oh wow looks like future episodes are gonna have
Taskmaster and then Dormammu!

Awesome! Great stuff as always Max. BTW the scenes in PT1 where everyone mocked each other's movie counterpart and you whipped out Con-air for yourself had me rolling.

Dahbomb

Wow Mike Ross actually showed legitimately good Marvel play in that video early on. Especially that Thor reset at around 5 minutes..... SSSSOOOO GOOOD!!!

Too bad he doesn't know the Spencer match up at all. Where are the anti-air st.M hits?

Wow Mike Ross actually showed legitimately good Marvel play in that video early on. Especially that Thor reset at around 5 minutes..... SSSSOOOO GOOOD!!!

Too bad he doesn't know the Spencer match up at all. Where are the anti-air st.M hits?

God I love Hyper Grav assist. and Magneto/Spencer in general. This only doubles me down as a Fanatiq fan ^_^

edit: horizontal grapple assist? FANATIQ NOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo

Solune

yeah it seems like chris/haggar are bff's. wesker goes really well with haggar too as he lets you do his reset pretty easily.
I wonder why people like to pair Haggar with Chris as backup? Bum does it and I've seen other players do it. I just think there's more solid characters for Haggar than Chris, vice versa though Haggar is really good for Chris but he doesn't make a good anchor. Maybe I should visit SRK but I'd rather not if someone could share some insight with me. Maybe it's that THC technology or something.
CTR2H.jpg

Th "best there is" character of Marvel makes his cameo in another game as well...

Holy shit LOL. If only characters yelled "unacceptable" while attacking

So I've been working on a lot of setups for covering and punishing assists and changing in/out characters on my Spencer/Wesker/Magneto team, and maybe it's a little more fun than I thought. I'm still afraid of aerial-based teams and hard zoning, though.

I like my Magneto/Sentinel/Rocket team too, but sentinel isn't really that fun to play and I always get bopped for doing weird fly/unfly pressure and I'm always out of position to get a good confirm off of log trap. I'm starting to wonder whether Sentinel with Log trap is as awesome as I thought.

It's hard. I want to play Magneto on point, but I don't really like playing Sentinel or Doom. I think Spencer/Magneto is a good compromise, but I don't know who I should put on anchor. Amaterasu Felicia? I kind of want to play Spencer/Vergil/Magneto but I feel like that's copying Yipes. Zero/Spencer/Magneto?

Maybe Spencer/Magneto/Firebrand will work out. I've always wanted an excuse to use retard speed anchor Firebrand.

Anyway, I think I've got two characters I really like.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
You should look into ways to get multiple poison arrows in the bnb using assists. If I get 2 poison arrows in it does more than 700k over time from the poison.

You play less hated characters.
When I started this game, my team was Sentinel/Dormammu/Doom (Missiles). I got tons of hate, I promise you!

So basically the next character is Dormammu. He can raise the dead, I read the wiki page.
Can Max live up to His greatness?

Gimlet is weak because it only does one hit.

If you get hit by Stalking Flare, which does 20 hits, you'll take about 256K damage.
30% of normal damage is dealt as chip when blocking. Thus, you might think that Stalking Flare will chip for 77K, but this is wrong because the chip doesn't combo, and thus there's no scaling to contend with. As a result, Stalking Flare will deal closer to 50% of its normal damage, or 120K, in chip.

An XF3 Stalking Flare does 228K chip.

CTR2H.jpg

Th "best there is" character of Marvel makes his cameo in another game as well...
Unfortunately, DoT is pretty much the definition of suck in RPGs outside of raid bosses.

Dahbomb

Unfortunately, DoT is pretty much the definition of suck in RPGs outside of raid bosses
That weapon pretty much sucks like most Legendary items in D3. Best thing on it is the All Resistance + boost. It can get you past Hell Act 2 and after that it will start to lag behind the better items.

Frantic

I need to learn to adapt faster. I've been running very positively over the past few weeks and only have really drawn "even" with one person in sets (sup Frantic), and I usually win the first 2 of 3 or 3 of 5, but not always and that's what's important.
Does that mean we're rivals? :p

Next set we have I'm gonna try running my Dante/Trish/Strider team on ya. Been playing it more lately(I find Trish a lot more fun to play than Vergil. Think it's because I can chuck projectiles.) and I want to see how well/bad I do against you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom