• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobe

favorite perfume/cologne?
Armani Code is the clear winner.

on marvel related news im enjoying myself when ppl push vergils round trip. infinite round trip :)

Azure J

Go into training mode vs Morrigan, record soul fist. Mash replay

mzjBQ.jpg

Damn, ChrisG showing how inept Morrigan is as an anchor on 8wayrun. That runaway Dormammu was very amusing. Also, him batting away two fireballs at once was one of the smoothest things I have ever seen.

Justin used that team last week when he claimed he was motivated.

Did he? Huh. Basically I'm just working on the Spencer/Magneto shell right now, but Vergil is a strong contender. I really wanna use Zero/Vergil/Magneto, but I dunno how comfortable with 2 new characters on a team.

Dartastic

Oh, shit. I thought it was streaming. Fuck. Which one does J. Wong play his new team then? Was it just aired and it ended? I'm so lost. -.-

JeTmAn81

Damn, right after I talk about Spencer/Vergil, Justin's new team is on stream lol

dat Yipes influence is spreading.

Who is Justin's 3rd character? I'm assuming Wolverine. Seems like another point-heavy team ala the stuff PR Rog has been running, if so. Good luck to him. Learning a new character is a major time investment, even for a pro. There are so many character combos I'd like to try out but it just takes forever for me to get smooth with an unfamiliar playset.

Although, I did play a set with Wesker/Dante/Magneto tonight and was pleased to find out the little Magneto knowledge I have returned to me with little problem, despite the fact that I haven't played Magneto in a long time. I can do basic trijumps, and a flight loop. That stuff took me a long time to learn, too. But I didn't end up playing him much on point anyway, just wanted to switch out Strider and see how that felt. Disruptor with Wesker/Dante is pretty amazing. I ended the set with a perfect, and it just felt so right, not only because I didn't get touched but because I made all the right decisions to build enough meter and do a full Dante combo to land a level 3 at the end for the win.

Solune

Does anyone have any links to the top matches I should watch from this weekend's tournament? I missed the top marvel bit. I'd even be okay with just the time stamp for it... I genuinely have no idea where to start.

I'd be down to see these.

Sorry I'm lazy to look at them again, I'm in the hyperbolic time chamber myself right now.

Ammy didn't lose her loop as far as I know, I may be wrong since I don't use her myself.

Check out Bmeister42's Youtube.

Example combos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WriJPrJS58A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp-8E-5z86E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlO13er8cLc

Here's another vid from another user as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW_WJnds2No

I want to try and supe-up Bennet's Firebrand/Dormammu bnb. Right now he does Firebrand bnb, Dark Fire -> Stalking Flare, 1D1C, Flame Carpet + Demon Missile M, Dark Hole L, Chaotic Flame. Kills pretty much anything.

My thought was this, but it might have hsd problems and I'll have to tinker with it:
Firebrand bnb
Dark Fire
Stalking Flare
1D1C
Power of the Destructor twice while calling Hellfire H
Dark Matter, cancel into Power of the Destructor
s.S, sj.MMHS
3D0C
Dark Hole
Chaotic Flame

Dark Matter x PotD obviously won't work if I use Bon Voyage in Firebrand's combo. In such cases, I wonder if I could get just skip part of Firebrand's bnb to get less hsd, DHC early, and I'd be able to delay Dormammu's air series enough to get PotD, 3D0C off after the launch.

Right now I tend to Dark Fire, Stalking Flare, XFC, charge 1D2C, 1D2C, and that pretty much kills anyone below 1.1 million health and has a massive net gain on meter. Then I charge 2D1C, let it go, cancel into Stalking Flare, DHC into Luminous Body, and do Firebrand's unblockable while my opponent is blocking the Flare.

That might look like it costs 4 bars, but X-Factor 1D2C builds almost a whole bar by itself, and then 2D1C build another half of a bar. Plus I have Morrigan, so my meter generation is crazy enough that this doesn't even feel like it costs me something. I just need to hit people with Firebrand to make it all happen. I did this setup a few times today, but I kept messing it up. The unblockable is extra sensitive because my opponent is blocking the Flare immediately. I might just work on doing high/low setups with Firebrand as an alternative, which Bennet sometimes does to great success.

I also noticed that when THCing Firebrand/Morrigan, Finishing Shower lasts so long that I can get a full Firebrand unblockable charge that goes off right when the next character comes onto the screen. The next level of tech is about to be explored...

McNum

If you replace Ryu with Doom(hidden missiles) and put him on anchor he'll synergize well with Cap and Morrigan.

A basic Cap combo that's pretty simple is LMHS -> J.MHHS(Second H is down H) -> OTG Shield slash HS -> J.MHHS -> OTG shield slash -> Hyper Charging star. It does about as much damage as some of his basic advanced combos but is a lot easier to do once you get used to using double heavies. You can also try J.MM double jump MMHH, but I think a good chunk of the cast falls out of that, or my execution is ass.

The hardest part is the relaunch and the timing for it is fairly simple, after the shield hits them for the second time use standing H to knock them into the air. It also works with air magic series but the double H gives you a bit more damage.

Doom missiles lets you follow up with a second Hyper Charging Star in all of your combos, call the assist right before you shield slash, and help make Morrigan the queen bitch of UMVC3.
I like Doom, he's fun, he has style, and he can fly. All good qualities. He's also frustrating to learn, it seems. If you don't have the execution to do his loops, what are Doom's basic options? Something with foot dives, anyway?

Plus, if I pick a Cap/Morrigan/Doom team, I pick along the "A favorite and two strong charactes" tip. It's going to be a mindbender to find out good DHC combos with these guys, though. All good fun.

CPS2

I like Doom, he's fun, he has style, and he can fly. All good qualities. He's also frustrating to learn, it seems. If you don't have the execution to do his loops, what are Doom's basic options? Something with foot dives, anyway?
Doom's standard loops are pretty easy to do, but the easiest variations are just j.m xx super in the air or cr.h xx 623pp on the ground, earlier in the combo, after doing say only one rep.

Vice

Plus, if I pick a Cap/Morrigan/Doom team, I pick along the "A favorite and two strong charactes" tip. It's going to be a mindbender to find out good DHC combos with these guys, though. All good fun.

There aren't many good Doom combos that I know of that don't involve his loops. He's good at keep away if that's your thing but on anchor you're going to have to go in with him. Just try to learn his combos piece by piece. Once you figure out the timing for air dashes you're golden. His magic series combos are pretty good and tri-dashing close to otg after you hit his magic series isn't too hard.

LMMHS -> j.MM xx Beam xx Super is pretty good.

You can DHC from Charging star into Morrigan's shoryuken motion super to either of Dooms level 1's. You can also DHC from the missile supers into Doom's up super but it's a compelte waste of meter when used with Morrigan's air super.

Any of Morrigan's ground supers will DHC into Hyper Charging Star if performed close enough and HCS DHC's into any of Doom's level ones if you're close enough to the corner.

Isn't the hardest game to play, ever?
Any game is going to be hard when there is still an older group of players on it. The character designs are awesome and I'm sure you could find someone you like. ASW is apparently prepping an arcade update which means that you'll be on a sightly more even playing field when they release that(most likely for free if it isn't released on day 1 for XBL/PSN).
Wait what I thought you were XBL.

Play us sometime.
And wut?? Since when did you switch from 360 pad??
I've done a baaaaad thing. I just listed it for my fighters in general. The thought that it was a Mahvel specific question just flew right over my head. It did make me question why I don't have the PS3 version yet. I just don't see another disc update for the game at this point. I should just buy the PS3 version already...
Didn't know you were so well groomed Solar.
A nice cologne is necessary imo. Two to three bottles is more than enough for any man.

Dartastic

WOW. JUST WATCHED CROSS COUNTER. MARN. GATDAMN.

...I need to pick up Vergil holy shit. Those combos that Marn was doing were insane.eee.eeeee

smurfx

get some go again
alright guys lets pick 3 characters we think will be in the grand finals of evo.

1. wolverine
2. spencer
3. vergil

we will then tally up the votes and see if we were right.

Caj814

Last years winner is going against last years underdog! There will only be one winner
but there's two in Deadpool's eyes
LfGjt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom