• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

wafflec0pter

Neo Member
Yeah, it's a real shame Magneto isn't included. Magnetic Blast loops with that costume would be so swag. It sounds like Capcom isn't planning to design a new DLC for him according to Seth Killian so as a Magneto player, I can't help but feel a bit cheated out of it.

CPS2

I just had a decent go at umvc3 on vita and its really good. Dante, Doom, Magneto and Sent's bnbs all work, its really close to the console version. It sort of felt a bit slower, maybe it runs below 60fps or has a bit of lag compared to console, i'm not really sure tho and it'd be best to hear more impressions. It is a very good port tho, i think people will be happy with it.

GatorBait

My primary teams right now are wolverine/frank/Wesker or Vergil/frank/Wesker, but I'd like to learn a Doom secondary team. Recommendations for characters/teams he has good synergy with? And what order within most teams is he typically considered the best in?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
No noticeable Wesker nerf if anyone was wondering, not sure what else to check. Phoenix health also seems to be the same.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah no balance changes. If I had to guess it was indeed a stealth killing of Magneto's glorious royal majecticness.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Lol. Watching Mike Ross play Thor/Hulk disgusts me to no end. Despite the fact that watching him play that combination got me playing it.

LakeEarth

They're talking about a Ghost Rider/Hsien-Ko team and they say "who else?!?". Believe it or not, Pheonix Wright with the full-screen low assist (the dog). GR's jumping S with his assist for retardedly long range unblockables. Also, gold Hsein-Ko works well to protect PW while he's collecting that evidence.

It does exceptional damage for a loop(760k), but you have to do it in the corner so it'll be hard to set up outside of incoming characters.

I find that a lot of the characters with massive meterless damage tend to have pretty crap damage hypers. One reason I like Dormammu so much more than Wesker now.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I guess that's where Ryan's strange combo's come into play. It doesn't look that difficult to pull off, when you set it up properly. Between those two, Strange doesn't seem so bad.

It does exceptional damage for a loop(760k), but you have to do it in the corner so it'll be hard to set up outside of incoming characters.

I find that a lot of the characters with massive meterless damage tend to have pretty crap damage hypers. One reason I like Dormammu so much more than Wesker now.

I assume a simple air combo with wesker otg assist might work as well.

Learning more advanced Spencer combo because he's my weakest character right now.

I still can't believe that Up grapple does a full 80k at the end of a combo.

Anyways, I've been using Purification assist, which is by far the best Dorm assist for my team. Crazy ass combos and setups with it.

JazzmanZ

Enzo I am disappoint you did not add this to the OP!

GVCdM.jpg

I've got some fucked up resets with Dormammu/Spencer.

I'll just say this. Stalking Flare DHC Bionic Arm is like having 3 stalking flares. Upgrapple pulls them out of stalking flare and leaves it in play as long as it has hits left. You can reset with it, or use it to get a bunch of upgrapples.

Bionic Arm, stalking flare picks them up, upgrapple, j slant shot OTG, wire wire upgrapple, bionic bomber, stalking flare picks them up, upgrapple, j slant shot OTG upgrapple, stalking flare picks them up, upgrapple, Purification assist, upgrapple xx hyper

kinda hard to time it right to get that many grapples, but it's crazy as fuck

damage: you don't wanna know

Enzo I am disappoint you did not add this to the OP!
Becquerel's character loyalty was weak.

Edit: I just noticed Enzo for the first time. Holy shit he looks hilarious.
WOW

900k off a throw is preeeeetty dumb.
Capcom's Megaman Edition to do list:
*Add Gene, Megaman, and an MvC1 Capcom vet(better be CapCom or Jin, Capcom)
*Beat Marvel until they agree to give us Gambit, Venom and and one MvC2 vet(preferably Psylocke)
*Get rid of mashing
*Nerf X-Factor across the board. Lower damage bonus by 30% and speed bonus by 10%
*Nerf damage off throws hard as hell so that max damage is like 450k
*Bring back the old UI for matches goddamit
*Nerf Hsien-Ko's gold pendulum. Hsien-Bro is breaking the game
*Kill glasses buff & random phantom dance crossup
*Add the Okami stage along with another five new stages

Sigmaah

has anyone noticed ANY differences with this update? I know Niitsuma said no balance change but you never know, maybe this was a DLC prep update or Magneto's costume update?

Grecco

*Beat Marvel until they agree to give us Gambit, Venom and and one MvC2 vet(preferably Psylocke)
*Get rid of mashing
*Nerf X-Factor across the board. Lower damage bonus by 30% and speed bonus by 10%

and buff the lawyer

LakeEarth

has anyone noticed ANY differences with this update? I know Niitsuma said no balance change but you never know, maybe this was a DLC prep update or Magneto's costume update?

There was an old SF4 patch that wasn't supposed to be a 'balance' patch but it still changed the game in a few minor ways. So I wouldn't be surprised if something was different.

That Spencer video taught me that one up-grapple per combo is chump change.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

*Get rid of mashing

This is a surprisingly good list of stuff. I have no problem with 100% air combos to death though, probably cause I haven't experienced it myself and am not salty about it but I see no real problem with that. It's Mahvel, a bit more scaling wouldn't hurt but 450k max is harsh, especially with the scaling as is.

I think it's just a Magneto patch though, I wonder if the illegally unlocked Magneto costumes still show up or are replaced or not. We should hear from them soon anyways. Watching that costume do combos was weird, if they patched something, they could have just patched in a new costume for everyone's disc if they wanted. -.-'

LOL I just realized I eventually got edited into that picture too, hilarious.

My team makes me want to cry. I've never had so much fun playing this game before. Everything I've ever wanted is in this team, I can swap characters in every combo and the team never gets any worse. Playing Dormammu(Purification)/Spencer(Slant Shot)/Magneto(EMD) is...

...it's more fun than playing Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 is my favorite fighting game of all time.

Also, I just signed up for NCR 2012 in UMVC3, Soul Calibur 5 and Street Fighter X Tekken.

Tobe

almost done packing, should i travel with my stick? take in mind that im planning to buy a new one there? i really think i shouldnt but what do you guys think?

Azure J

My team makes me want to cry. I've never had so much fun playing this game before. Everything I've ever wanted is in this team, I can swap characters in every combo and the team never gets any worse. Playing Dormammu(Purification)/Spencer(Slant Shot)/Magneto(EMD) is...

...it's more fun than playing Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 is my favorite fighting game of all time.

Also, I just signed up for NCR 2012 in UMVC3, Soul Calibur 5 and Street Fighter X Tekken.

I am now suddenly very hyped to see you play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom