• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, one thing I really appreciate about this game (and perhaps its most addictive aspect) is how often I can look at certain setups, team compositions and the like and realize that there are always more efficient ways to do things. Like the footage of MorriDoom with Vergil just now made me realize that one of my biggest issues which I had when playing the team was timing the switches between Vergil & Morrigan on point.

And then I realized just today that Dark Harmonizer and Rapid Slash are godlike alpha counters. Build a ton of meter as Morrigan through sou sou, when the pressure gets too bad, alpha into stupid fast and invincible Rapid Slash. When you don't feel confident in handling things with Vergil backed by missiles alone, or if Verg needs time to rest, Alpha Counter into Morrigan and get some freebie meter.

Holy shit this could be so much fun.
Alpha counter into Dark Harmonizer seems risky, since you'd probably die unless you canceled into Shadow Servant, which is also risky. Shadow Blade is fully invincible though, and an amazing alpha counter since it leads into full combos. None of my characters have good alpha counter options...

Ha, Firebreand team AND a team with Raccoon (Kusoru's), nice. Also, lol, his worst team is pretty much what I was saying, but with Chun as the third character.

Thanks you guys for talking about CCs and thank that wonderful mfer SixFortyFive for his oooold invincible cross counter thread at SRK. Every time I'm getting mauled, I should just CC into Spider Sting. Easy light bulb that shouldve gone off ages ago.

Gotta test this later and see if I can convert into bite, because if so, it'll be a full combo and burn in hell for Logan/Zero/Vergil.

Not like I'm using Parker's assist anyway...the rich should hopefully get richer

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anyone else feeling like SoCal has fallen way behind in this game? Just seems like NorCal and East Coast are both taking it much more seriously.
I still that SoCal has stronger players overall. And they're faster at adapting to things, and less homogenous in the characters they choose. That equals strength to me.

The second anyone says East Coast is ahead of the game they're gonna get obliterated again. I still like East Coast play though, I don't know why. Maybe it's due to it being an easier timezone for me to watch.

I just can't wait for EVO will big names and some of the smaller names of each coast meet for the ultimate prize. Only a place like that can you measure coasts in their strength because there's always wildcards like Bum, Mihe, etc. who may not travel a lot to every majors.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Thanks you guys for talking about CCs and thank that wonderful mfer SixFortyFive for his oooold invincible cross counter thread at SRK. Every time I'm getting mauled, I should just CC into Spider Sting. Easy light bulb that shouldve gone off ages ago.

Gotta test this later and see if I can convert into bite, because if so, it'll be a full combo and burn in hell for Logan/Zero/Vergil.

Not like I'm using Parker's assist anyway...the rich should hopefully get richer
I'm so mad they nerfed Felicia's counter. It's still invincible but they flip out way too fast to be able to do a follow up combo now. Doesn't make that big a difference for me since I usually play her on point now but it's still stupid.

I still that SoCal has stronger players overall. And they're faster at adapting to things, and less homogenous in the characters they choose. That equals strength to me.

The second anyone says East Coast is ahead of the game they're gonna get obliterated again. I still like East Coast play though, I don't know why. Maybe it's due to it being an easier timezone for me to watch.

I just can't wait for EVO will big names and some of the smaller names of each coast meet for the ultimate prize. Only a place like that can you measure coasts in their strength because there's always wildcards like Bum, Mihe, etc. who may not travel a lot to every majors.
It's not that SoCal doesn't have talent; that's certainly not the case. The phrasing I used was "falling behind" and "not taking the game seriously," which I certainly think is the case when compared to other regions. These days I'm much less impressed by TRB than the other big weekly streams, and I used to consider it to be the best.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
GGs Beef and Jet!

I'm so mad I kept on messing up my TK with Spencer. Everytime I messed one up I try time bionic arm to safety but it never came out.

JeTmAn81

GGs Beef and Jet!

I'm so mad I kept on messing up my TK with Spencer. Everytime I messed one up I try time bionic arm to safety but it never came out.

Wish i could've stayed longer. Definitely wanted to after those ridiculous assist calls. When i will i learn not to spam assists constantly?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
oh what! finally got in!
Oh shit. Welcome Clockw0rk!

Oh hey, Clockwork is here. True or False: Color coordination is one of the most important parts of team creation?
From previous research on Mr. Maniago's work, it appears he doesn't care much for it, and it is a serious flaw in his gameplay that needs to be corrected.

Let me make suggestions:

XFg8z.jpg
86WOC.jpg
cnGkO.jpg

Os3Er.jpg
wPGJK.jpg
pyydB.jpg

You have no excuse with these improvements that could be present in your play.

Bizazedo

I chose all white colors since I use Bison in SF and Wesker has Bison colors.

It was then shown that most people choose Bonne's winter stage, hence, advantage Biz.

Much like how I always end up picking upper mid to high tiers by accident in most games.

Azure J

Enzo's post totally reminded me that one of the major reasons why I love my team is because of how they mesh color wise:

AB3Q5.jpg
cnGkO.jpg
86WOC.jpg

So simple yet so nice. In other news, I realize now that I really don't do enough with Amaterasu's slow hyper. I think it's because usually, Dark Vergil is in play by that point and his DT + XF3 speed boosts put him waaay over the top, but I really should have gotten into messing with it sooner.

It's also pretty much a means to a GG if I get it started and DHC or tag in Dante. The things he can do with a universal slow off a hard knockdown are fucking insane.

Enzo's post totally reminded me that one of the major reasons why I love my team is because of how they mesh color wise:

AB3Q5.jpg
cnGkO.jpg
86WOC.jpg

So simple yet so nice. In other news, I realize now that I really don't do enough with Amaterasu's slow hyper. I think it's because usually, Dark Vergil is in play by that point and his DT + XF3 speed boosts put him waaay over the top, but I really should have gotten into messing with it sooner.

It's also pretty much a means to a GG if I get it started and DHC or tag in Dante. The things he can do with a universal slow off a hard knockdown are fucking insane.

Dante/Strider definitely =
1321160907174.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom