• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fact - non-matching costumed teams are worse overall. That said, SOME original costumes are okay.

Also fact -- Spider-Man can't cancel his invincible CC Spider Sting into bite (T_T), buuuuuut on his way in he can do his zip bullshit and tag a whiffed move provided there's enough space.

Also, I made up a sweet combo on hit that builds back 1.25 bars since it's invincible anyway :3 2 bars for the price of 1 basically if I end in a hyper. A little finicky and only works on grounded characters, but nothing some muscle memory won't fix.

Standard CC Sting xx MS cancel is possible too, and can XF the MS to kill the problem characters if need be.

This stuff seems like it'll help shift momentum either to my favour or at least back to neutral.

<3 my characters so much <3.

Azure J

OK... So I apparently have Xbox Live now and I have no idea where it came from or whatever else. Anyone want to christen me into ScrubGAF right now or later today before I find out it's a limited opportunity? :p

In other news, damn this game is fast. I tried two ranked matches and got bodied horribly, once by this Ammy/Skrull/Akuma team and the other time I got solo'd by a swag ass Iron Man player with Haggar and Doctor Doom guest appearances. :lol

I think it‘s a free Gold weekend. I‘d LOVE to initiate you into Mahvel GAF, but I‘m at work, and then I gotta go to our weekly ranbats. I‘ll play you either tonight or tomorrow.

Azure J

I really wish Vergil had a green color, instead I have to settle for red.

You said this and reminded me that another way I like to color theme is to have one character of my three favorite colors on a team, so Blue/Red/Green. Since Dante's my point though, it usually gets jumbled somewhat. :p

Meanwhile, as if I don't have it bad enough at times, online I drop inputs like mad. My usual Dante stuff goes right out the window when the other guy can mostly one touch & DHC kill him now. :lol

Mr. Barton.

Both are kinda meh anchors though. I'd trust solid Hawkeye play more than solid Doom play to get out of a rough spot though.

DR2K

Banned
Hey DR2K,

Assuming you bought UMvC3 to play it at some point, what is/was your team?

I do play it quite often. Trish/Morrigan/Phoenix. Perfect DD batteries.

I'm just mentioning Phoenix because I've seen clockwork use her when Strider doesn't work for him.

Solune

You said this and reminded me that another way I like to color theme is to have one character of my three favorite colors on a team, so Blue/Red/Green. Since Dante's my point though, it usually gets jumbled somewhat. :p

Meanwhile, as if I don't have it bad enough at times, online I drop inputs like mad. My usual Dante stuff goes right out the window when the other guy can mostly one touch & DHC kill him now. :lol

Yah I sometimes go the Blue/Red/Green with my team, Green's my favorite color so I like Molvie and the new Green X-23 color, but why doesn't Vergil have one =(

As for online, I had like 50 matches with Prototype yesterday and I was just dropping everything and I didn't even get to do my Dante combo that I trained like all this time for.

MHStinger > Strider (Vajra) > 3xVolcano > JH xx KillerBee > S xx Clay Pigeon > Stinger xx Hammer > Sentinel (Drones) Cold Shower xx Stinger xx Revolver > Sky Dance > BeeHive > Stinger xx Jet Stream xx Million Dollars

Does 840k which is like 70k less than the High Impact Dante combo but it's more practical imo.

---

Since there's been more Iron Man buzz lately I didn't see this posted. For Enzo and Dahbomb. Ironman TACs and Super Jump Hitconfirms

Dahbomb

Since there's been more Iron Man buzz lately I didn't see this posted. For Enzo and Dahbomb. Ironman TACs and Super Jump Hitconfirms
I saw this, the TAC combos and SJ hit confirm are legit. Probably the most "practical" SJ hit confirm IM has. It's not flashy or terribly damage but it will get the job done.

Some of the other stuff like the Repulsor Blast confirms are a bit situational but good to know or have in the pocket in case you need to bust it out.

Frantic

OK... So I apparently have Xbox Live now and I have no idea where it came from or whatever else. Anyone want to christen me into ScrubGAF right now or later today before I find out it's a limited opportunity? :p
We need to get Kadey to make a lobby, now. Induct you into Online Mahvel-GAF properly. :p

Yah I sometimes go the Blue/Red/Green with my team, Green's my favorite color so I like Molvie and the new Green X-23 color, but why doesn't Vergil have one =([/URL]
Because they need to give him three blue color schemes. One just isn't enough.

Also, I seriously wish Vergil's DLC alt was Gilver from the novels. Classy suit > trench coat.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
mej6R.jpg

I'd like this guy.

dankir

Goddamn playing Ultimate Marvel in a tournament environment is nerve racking. I played against the MAT IX founder in a casual match he fucking destroyed me. First time I've ever played in that kind of environment with people chirping in your ear. Crazy hats off to all the players that do it on the big time stage I was dropping combo's left right and center :(

Goddamn playing Ultimate Marvel in a tournament environment is nerve racking. I played against the MAT IX founder in a casual match he fucking destroyed me. First time I've ever played in that kind of environment with people chirping in your ear. Crazy hats off to all the players that do it on the big time stage I was dropping combo's left right and center :(

I couldn't even hear the people around me when I was playing in pools at NCR. I just focused on the match.

Azure J

I just had the most fun ever playing against a MODOK/Doctor Doom/Sent team that became a MODOK/Morrigan/Doom team by the last 2 or so games. It's funny because I got horribly bodied for most of the set (he got like 5 wins out of 7), but I could see myself adapting and things went from being a horrible zoning/troll team blowout to even to a reverse blowout/character switch. I wish if I didn't have to bail on him since going up against the SOUSOUSOUSOU was something I wanted experience with.

Tangent: Is it just me or do people really get blown up by Ammy? Like basic Ammy at that. All I did was end HHHHHH block strings with a reflector counter and so many people took that bait instantly. Then some folks would call like Sent Drones and the like while rushing and I'm all "hold this shuffle". Really though, this is so much fun and surprisingly less salt inducing than playing my brother. :lol

The next guy I played and liked my sets with was rocking Nova/Ghost Rider/Strange. It's crazy, I took it 2-1 out of the three we played. I wish if my entire gambit for opening people up when I go derp mode wasn't Vajira assist - dash unders all day, but against Nova and Strange, that was pretty much all that was necessary. XBL gives you scrubby tendencies though, my only reliable OTG was Cold Shower today. I also had this fucking gooooodlike reset marathon with Strider against him that looking back on, I'm surprised I hit 100%. I'm talking this guy didn't get to play after the point characters on both our teams got bopped. All of this on a strength of a series of yes/no guesses I forced. Strider is so much fucking fun. :lol

Kioshen

Who did you play ? Cranky or Woolie ? I would have gone this year but I had to go home and be a family man instead.

Aieyla

Neo Member
Edit: Damn it, I need to remember to check whether my wife is logged on before I post in the future. I always forget. -_- Reposting on my account.

Here we go:

what would you guys rather have: Hawkeye anchor or Doom anchor?
I think it depends on the team, unless your question is literally "who is the best comeback character?" Then I'd go with Hawkeye. If you're asking who the better third is, then I think it depends on the team and how much mileage you'll get out of Hidden Missiles vs. Hawkeye anchor.

mej6R.jpg

I'd like this guy.
Love at first sight.

I was surprised that I wasn't distracted by the noise at my first tournament. What really, really disrupted me was the seating situation. I'm used to a perfectly level chair that I prop my feet on the bars of to make my legs form a 90 degree angle with my stomach for execution purposes. The stools I had to sit on forced my stick to be angled downward, and I messed up a lot of inputs.

Jesus fucking christ, after today my respect for tournament organizers went up a fucking lot x___x

Having a MvC3, AE, and KoF tourney with only 4 setups total, even if they're small tournaments, is fucking chaos.

Anyways, I may not have won a single one of my Mahvel matches today yet again, but at least today I finally showed them that they'll have to take me seriously from now on, and that's a start.
tumblr_m50vb73rEV1qhhv13o1_250.png

I was surprised that I wasn't distracted by the noise at my first tournament. What really, really disrupted me was the seating situation.

This, I don't think this gets mentioned enough :S

Bizazedo

I actually lost a tournament match once because a local guy sat next to me and, even though he was supporting me, was saying/cheering in such a stupid manner, too large a portion of my attention was drawn to it and began obsessing mid-match over what an idiot he was.

I might've lost anyways, but, it was....omg he's an idiot.

I will never make fun of the guys who put on the big headsets.

Grakl

Just got the game a couple hours ago and been going through the missions to get how the game feels and what the buttons are; just did the Iron Fist mission 8. Oh my god that felt good to finish.

Never played any Marvel game before, so this'll be fun.

Just got the game a couple hours ago and been going through the missions to get how the game feels and what the buttons are; just did the Iron Fist mission 8. Oh my god that felt good to finish.

Never played any Marvel game before, so this'll be fun.
I feel for folks who come in this late to the game. What system? And welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom