• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sometimes I feel like this thread is on repeat.
Sometimes?

Main team:

BiSLO.jpg
F4Msz.jpg
D4joM.jpg

Alt (Iron Patriot in Iron Man 3 hype) team:

16Ijk.jpg
tVZhP.jpg
Pr0TD.jpg

shaowebb

I think Cloud Strife should be a DLC character.

Wait...you picked the character from that game with a big sword but you forgot that he doesn't have a trenchcoat! (no Advent doesn't count)

Sephiroth should be DL...oh wait. Vergil owns that role and then some.

Ah screw em both... KEFKA or SABIN!

Burning Water

Neo Member
Wait...you picked the character from that game with a big sword but you forgot that he doesn't have a trenchcoat! (no Advent doesn't count)

Sephiroth should be DL...oh wait. Vergil owns that role and then some.

Ah screw em both... KEFKA or SABIN!

Sabin, please. Since we're on Squaresoft games, I'd like Magus from Chrono Trigger.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Finally ran into someone online using an Avenger team. Thor/IM/Cap. I ran my Thor team vs. this guy's. Fool tries to pull Thor resets on me? I laugh at these paltry attempts!! I used at least 4 different resets on the guy, it was beautiful.

I like using Thor, I should do it more often.

Burning Water

Neo Member

I love Thor so much. Why did CJ deserve this, anyway?

EDIT: Holy shit at the end of the set! I posted after watching the first match.

Finally ran into someone online using an Avenger team. Thor/IM/Cap. I ran my Thor team vs. this guy's. Fool tries to pull Thor resets on me? I laugh at these paltry attempts!! I used at least 4 different resets on the guy, it was beautiful.

I like using Thor, I should do it more often.

What's your Thor team? Back in vanilla, I had Thor (Mighty Smash) / Iron Man (Unibeam) / Spencer (Slant Shot), but now I got Thor (Mighty Smash) / Dante (Crystal) / Vergil (Rising Sun). Still experimenting with the assists to extend combos and set up resets for Thor.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I love Thor so much. Why did CJ deserve this, anyway?

EDIT: Holy shit at the end of the set! I posted after watching the first match.

What's your Thor team? Back in vanilla, I had Thor (Mighty Smash) / Iron Man (Unibeam) / Spencer (Slant Shot), but now I got Thor (Mighty Smash) / Dante (Crystal) / Vergil (Rising Sun). Still experimenting with the assists to extend combos and set up resets for Thor.

Thor/ Hulk(AA Gamma Charge) / Hawkeye(Triple Arrow)

Not the best team. Whenever Hulk comes in it's ehhh.

ggs karst. thanks for putting up with my fraudulent play.

so is that dark hole/firebrand setup on incoming characters completely unblockable? that was dirty!
GGs, your play was fine. Connection could use some work, though. I really hate how Spencer gets in for free and with frame advantage without an assist. I'd be happy if he got a little nerf to the zip line just so it's -1 on block so it can be throw punished at least.

The Dark Hole setup is unblockable, you can only stop it if your character has an aerial hyper, air dash, or double jump, which is most characters unfortunately. You just need to go above the Dark Hole. The timing on it can seem like it's escapeable, but it's just a combination of user error and lag. Done properly, Firebrand hits while you're still blocking the Dark Hole. Against teams that have no aerial mobility options (like a Chris/Haggar/Captain America team, or something), I can just do the unblockable, snap another character in, and repeat it until the whole team is dead. It's like a weaker version of the Skrull setup, but I prefer this one because Skrull and Dormammu don't do a lot for each other (unfortunately, since I love them both).

I only stopped playing because the friend that I initially got on to play finally got on, and I owed him some matches.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GAF I'm playing through Dark Souls right now and it's the RPG equivalent of Mahvel. Impeccable balance of saltiness, bullshit, flair, addictiveness and rewardingness.

How do you guys deal with pushblock? It's something I've been working on a lot this past week. Mostly with Spencer because he's got the best tools on my team. Other than easy stuff with incoming mixups, I'm training to hit his overhead + Disruptor assist on reaction to pushblock. If I hit, I get a combo off the assist, if not I can wavedash in behind it and go for a command grab.

Dahbomb

I believe NerdJosh won the last MAT with Tasky, son.
I meant in ultimate. In vanilla combfiend was the first taskmaster.

Enzo the rpg equivalent of marvel is dota. Synergies, team constructions, talks about meta game, balance discussion, ridiculous levels of salt, hype, blow ups and insane addiction. LoL and Hon count too.

Tirael

Against teams that have no aerial mobility options (like a Chris/Haggar/Captain America team, or something), I can just do the unblockable, snap another character in, and repeat it until the whole team is dead.

Cap has a double jump, right?

Also, my main team is something like Dante(Jam Session)/Frank(Shopping Cart)/Arthur(Daggers), and my backup team is Task(Horizontal)/Spencer(Slant)/Hawkeye(Greyhound). I honestly feel like Spencer is my weakest, I really have a hard time using him, and I drop every single combo I try with him. It's very frustrating. : /

shaowebb

Also, my main team is something like Dante(Jam Session)/Frank(Shopping Cart)/Arthur(Daggers), and my backup team is Task(Horizontal)/Spencer(Slant)/Hawkeye(Greyhound). I honestly feel like Spencer is my weakest, I really have a hard time using him, and I drop every single combo I try with him. It's very frustrating. : /

When in doubt pick another direction and zipline till your in a position you can more comfortably add attacks from. His downward angled zips are good for pulling you into a standing position to keep juggling them. Man his ziplines are better in this game than vanilla. I like how fantatiq pops his ziplines in a little triangle pattern in his combos to mess with people. Gets them hitting all kinds of directions.

smurfx

get some go again
How do you guys deal with pushblock? It's something I've been working on a lot this past week. Mostly with Spencer because he's got the best tools on my team. Other than easy stuff with incoming mixups, I'm training to hit his overhead + Disruptor assist on reaction to pushblock. If I hit, I get a combo off the assist, if not I can wavedash in behind it and go for a command grab.
i've been working on getting through push blocks with haggar and command grabbing people. i've seen some results the few times i've done it online and i'll continue testing.

Enzo the rpg equivalent of marvel is dota. Synergies, team constructions, talks about meta game, balance discussion, ridiculous levels of salt, hype, blow ups and insane addiction. LoL and Hon count too.

I wouldn't call Dota an rpg.

I smile because it means I got my opponent away from me. Haw haw haw. If it's Firebrand, I try to go straight into my unblockable.

GAF I'm playing through Dark Souls right now and it's the RPG equivalent of Mahvel. Impeccable balance of saltiness, bullshit, flair, addictiveness and rewardingness.
Did you play Demons Souls?

DotA isn't an RPG, and doesn't feel like one. It's an amazing game though, and I know what you're talking about when it comes to Marvel-ness.

UMvC3 Cool H&H TAC Combos Part 1
Aren't those technically MOBA games? Not my forte really, though I do respect all that strategic elements of them greatly.
The term "MOBA" was created just recently IIRC. Personally, outside of the classic genres, I think defining games is pretty weird. Like Zelda games are "Adventure" games - what the hell does that even mean? I'd prefer to just separate games based on gameplay and structure. How much control do I have over my character (turn-based, realtime)? What is my goal (solve puzzle, conquer dungeons)? Etc.

Team Scrub?

I nominate Ammy (HHHHHHHHHHH)/Taskmaster/ Sentinel
Amaterasu does really low damage - I don't think she's a good candidate for a scrub team. How could it not be something like Wolverine/Taskmaster/Akuma?

Oh right, he does. People never use it so I forget.

http://youtu.be/bVdUjscZDxg?t=17s

So beautiful. I really need to do this more often.

And people should stop up-backing and pushblocking so I can do it to them.
I have an infinite number of amazing setups, but they all require people to not pushblock. Then when someone doesn't, I forget the setup because people always pushblock!

shaowebb

Amaterasu does really low damage - I don't think she's a good candidate for a scrub team. How could it not be something like Wolverine/Taskmaster/Akuma?

In Vanilla maybe, but "SWISS CHEESE" is why Wolverine can't be a scrub character anymore for team Scrub.
lol. The first teamI tried to use in Vanilla was wolverine/taskmaster/sentinel. Eventually I swapped out wolverine/tasky and went Storm/Ryu/Sentinel

In Vanilla maybe, but "SWISS CHEESE" is why Wolverine can't be a scrub character anymore for team Scrub.
lol. The first teamI tried to use in Vanilla was wolverine/taskmaster/sentinel. Eventually I swapped out wolverine/tasky and went Storm/Ryu/Sentinel
Actually, now that I think about it the best team scrub is probably:
Hulk/Sentinel/Wesker

The drones are stupid good for Hulk, and you get XF3 Wesker.

I had a small revelation a little while ago. I was wracking my brain trying to come up with a solo combo for Nemesis that builds exactly 1 bar so I could DHC into death at the beginning of the round. Then I remembered that matches rarely start that perfectly, and I'll probably have near a bar filled up once I finally get a hit so it wouldn't matter that much anyways.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Actually, now that I think about it the best team scrub is probably:
Hulk/Sentinel/Wesker

The drones are stupid good for Hulk, and you get XF3 Wesker.

I love using that team lol. Definitely a candidate for team scrub. Hulk with just the otg assist does like 900k with one bar.

The thing that sucks about it is that when Hulk dies you kinda have to make compromises with the order of the rest of your team.

If it's Wesker/Sent you get Wesker w/ drones which is great but then you get Sent as anchor which is meh compared to dark Wesker.

If it's Sent/Wesker you don't have a good assist for getting in at all but when you do the assist helps lead to big easy dumb damage. At least 850k with one bar. And of course you get dark Wesker who I like way more than anchor Sent.

Random question to the PSN users.

I've heard of this opening the port thing for better connection. Can any of you verify that it works? And if so how can I do it? I know there's Google... but I trust you guys more.

I tried playing UMVC3 online again for the 2nd time since I played Beef and it only got worst. I couldn't even do BnB with the lag but the people I were playing seemed to combo just fine. Either they have adjusted or something is seriously wrong with me... I don't know but I'm looking for options!!!

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Random question to the PSN users.

I've heard of this opening the port thing for better connection. Can any of you verify that it works? And if so how can I do it? I know there's Google... but I trust you guys more.

I tried playing UMVC3 online again for the 2nd time since I played Beef and it only got worst. I couldn't even do BnB with the lag but the people I were playing seemed to combo just fine. Either they have adjusted or something is seriously wrong with me... I don't know but I'm looking for options!!!
1) Assign a static IP address to your game console and put that IP address into your router's DMZ. If anything in the previous sentence sounds foreign to you, Google for more info until you're up to speed.

2) Make sure that no applications or other devices are using up bandwidth on your home network and perform a bandwidth speed test. Ensure that the upstream/downstream numbers you're getting match or are at least very close to the maximum numbers that you should be getting through your ISP's plan. If you're missing the mark by a lot, then something is throttling your connection.

3) Open a Windows command prompt and type "pathping google.com". Let it run a latency test between your PC and Google (or any other website that you choose to check with this test). If the ping between any two of the nodes listed in the report spikes drastically, then that's a sign of some kind of connection problem between those 2 particular routers on the chain. This test can be used to diagnose where exactly a problem may exist between your home network and the site you're trying to connect to.

Okay so I tried it out... verdict says... little bit better but still can't play Zero online. =(

I was able to do bold cancel combos with Dante much more consistent so I guess that's a plus but I don't know about Zero i can't even get to lighting loops which is annoying cause I can totally do them 50% of the time offline!!

smurfx

get some go again
i can't see how a static ip address is gonna help your lag at all. you have bad lag because your internet provider is pretty crappy. go to speedtest.net and post what your ping is to your closest location.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
i can't see how a static ip address is gonna help your lag at all. you have bad lag because your internet provider is pretty crappy. go to speedtest.net and post what your ping is to your closest location.
Uh, you give it a static IP so that you know what specific address to forward through your router. If you let your router auto-assign the IP then that means it might change each time you turn the console on, rendering the settings you previously set aside for it useless.

smurfx

get some go again
Uh, you give it a static IP so that you know what specific address to forward through your router. If you let your router auto-assign the IP then that means it might change each time you turn the console on, rendering the settings you previously set aside for it useless.
yeah i know that but that isn't going to give him a better connection. he said he saw a little improvement but that was because he played somebody with an alright connection but not because forwarding his ports magically made his connection to his isp better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom