• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kioshen

How much time do you guys spend practicing combos for your teams? I'm pretty sure I'm going to be in practice mode for quite a while.

Which console do you play on ? I'm starting from scratch just like you so if you'd like some friendly matches to experiment just add me on PSN or XBL. My id on both networks is the same as my gaf handle. I have to plan a little ahead when I play since I'm a new dad but I'm sure we can work something out.

Bizazedo

1) Captain America is infinitely less boring than Nova.

2) I would buy 10 copies of a game that was exactly like UMvC3 but replaced Nova with a rock that just sat there.

You pain me, sir. You pain me.

No one notices the detail on Nova. A lot of his moves look like a football player. His launcher is a kickoff.

McNum

Now I remember why I stopped playing when UMvC3 was new: Character choice paralysis.

I'm okay with Cap. Taskmaster is easy to use and so is Ryu. Morrigan is fun and has an awesome assist, while Doom is tricky, but has no bad assists. I also kind of want to like Thor and Viewtiful Joe, and I still kind of want to make Felicia work, too.

How do I narrow that down to a team?

I mean if it was the fanboy choice, it'd be some combination of Viewtiful Joe, Thor and Felicia. Do they even work together at all? Joe and Felicia are kind of tricky characters, and Thor has no ground game, more or less. I don't know, it's why I call it character choice paralysis. I just can't pick... Please help me?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
1) Captain America is infinitely less boring than Nova.

2) I would buy 10 copies of a game that was exactly like UMvC3 but replaced Nova with a rock that just sat there.

3) I am convinced that Blanka could be an amazing Marvel character.

aKT5z.jpg

I DISAGREE.

JeTmAn81

Well, gameplay wise he is boring lol.

BUT DESIGN WISE..!

His theme is also amazing.

In terms of visual design and general personal character, I find him pretty boring, but I like him in the game. He's got a lot of cool tools and things he can do. And yeah, his theme is boss.

Grakl

Which console do you play on ? I'm starting from scratch just like you so if you'd like some friendly matches to experiment just add me on PSN or XBL. My id on both networks is the same as my gaf handle. I have to plan a little ahead when I play since I'm a new dad but I'm sure we can work something out.

XBL - it's my brother's console and live account, so I'll have to get back to you on the handle. I'd be happy to play, and congrats!

Restricting Quasar to merely filling X-23's style would be selling her short. She can do all that and a ton of other tricks. She's pretty much Green Lantern and I'd hate to see her potential wasted on a pure rushdown moveset given all the constructs, beams, and flight I'd like to see her do.
I thought you meant replacing her with a female Marvel character because X-23's playstyle was boring. So I gave you an interesting character.

Azure J

We're doing hurt/heals in this thread now? :p

Honestly, I'm in the God's Beard/Dahbomb camp, take everyone already in the game, fix (re: buff them to stupid levels - the only way one should truly "balance" a Mahvel game) the shit out of them (everyone should be balanced around Ultimate Zero) then add like 20 more characters with someone holding a gun to the Capcom team's head stating that X, Gene, Ryu, Nina & Donovan are priorities. Also fix/remove TACs. BAM best sequel ever. Maybe throw some AA on that bitch so the art assets shine through better (biggest reason I'm sad there's no PC version at times).

Also, give me animated cinematics out the ass and moar levels. Stark Tower, Latveria, The Dark Dimension, Sanctum Sanctorum, Dr. Light's Lab/Neo Arcadia, Deserted Chateau/Revenger's Roost/Vanity Paradise/Tower of Arrogance, Kamiki Village/Ocean Palace... I can go on forever.

We're doing hurt/heals in this thread now? :p

Honestly, I'm in the God's Beard/Dahbomb camp, take everyone already in the game, fix (re: buff them to stupid levels - the only way one should truly "balance" a Mahvel game) the shit out of them (everyone should be balanced around Ultimate Zero) then add like 20 more characters with someone holding a gun to the Capcom team's head stating that X, Gene, Ryu, Nina & Donovan are priorities. Also fix/remove TACs. BAM best sequel ever. Maybe throw some AA on that bitch so the art assets shine through better (biggest reason I'm sad there's no PC version at times).

Also, give me animated cinematics out the ass and moar levels. Stark Tower, Latveria, The Dark Dimension, Sanctum Sanctorum, Dr. Light's Lab/Neo Arcadia, Deserted Chateau/Revenger's Roost/Vanity Paradise/Tower of Arrogance, Kamiki Village/Ocean Palace... I can go on forever.
Agreed entirely, and good taste in characters. New levels are really low on my priority list, though. I don't even know what level I'm playing on most of the time.

did you all see the combofiend/clockwork/knives sets?

http://www.twitch.tv/comboratorylive/b/320179681

clock brings a lot of jill and clock is now play trish/firebrand/doom?
Clockwork is just flat out playing that team second team wrong. He has the perfect team to abuse Hidden Missiles with, and he's using plasma beam for two characters that can't combo off of it most of the time. He should be playing it lame with Trish until he can get a hit in for that unblockable setup. IMO, even rocks would be better on that team than the beam.

Attitude Adjustment?
Anti-aliasing, I assume.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Nova uses laser doodads often in the comics and it's basically limited in the game because of the red health thing.

He should definitely have some sort Unibeam/Plasma beam.

smurfx

get some go again
why does hyper sentinel force eat a gimlet? does the whole attack count as a projectile? sentinel as well even though he is just standing there? or does it have start up invincibility?

I don't want balancing around anything in this game. I want a whole new battle system, just reusing the animations and CG models to save time.
What's wrong with the current battle system? I'd like to know what we need that's new, because aside from damage levels and TACs, I think it's perfect.

why does hyper sentinel force eat a gimlet? does the whole attack count as a projectile? sentinel as well even though he is just standing there? or does it have start up invincibility?
It has a little bit of invincibility.

what are some of the worst hypers in the game? like top 3? i know denjin mode has to be up there.

Denjin isn't THAT bad.

Top 3 off the top of my head (in no particular order):

- Gamma Quake
- Mighty Thunder
- Rhino Charge

Hyper Psionic Blaster is pretty awful, too.

Dahbomb

Gamma Quake is a safe hyper and is a "summon" move mean the rocks come out even if Hulk is hit out of it. It has definite utility.

HPB is pretty beastly when leveled up, does LVL3 damage at 9 LoU.

Rhino Charge is pretty shitty though no lie.

Nemesis' LVL3 is bottom 3 for sure as is Firebrand's LVL3. Captain America's Stars and Stripes hyper is pretty useless given he already has another hyper like it that's better but for another character it would be a great hyper to have in the pocket.

JeTmAn81

Denjin isn't THAT bad.

- Gamma Quake
- Mighty Thunder
- Rhino Charge

Gamma Quake is pretty useful for keeping the Hulk safe and at times for mixups. I think I would nominate Strider's Legion. Damage is so ass, it's almost pointless to ever do Legion instead of just going for a reset. While we're at it, Strider's Ragnarok. How many times do you see somebody actually land this? It's made almost totally redundant by the superior Ouroboros option.

Deadpool's level 3 blows. Has to be the worst in the game. Why on earth they would ask you to gamble three meters on a counter is beyond me. Morrigan's Finishing Shower seems pointless since the meter's almost always better spent on Astral Vision.

Gamma Quake is a safe hyper and is a "summon" move mean the rocks come out even if Hulk is hit out of it. It has definite utility.

Nemesis' LVL3 is bottom 3 for sure as is Firebrand's LVL3. Captain America's Stars and Stripes hyper is pretty useless given he already has another hyper like it that's better but for another character it would be a great hyper to have in the pocket.

Gamma Quake can be grabbed, which makes the rocks useless. And HPB is only good when you have several levels stocked, otherwise it's complete shit.
Gamma Quake is pretty useful for keeping the Hulk safe and at times for mixups. I think I would nominate Strider's Legion. Damage is so ass, it's almost pointless to ever do Legion instead of just going for a reset. While we're at it, Strider's Ragnarok. How many times do you see somebody actually land this? It's made almost totally redundant by the superior Ouroboros option.

Legion gives him space and is a decent OTG hyper. And Ragnarok is good if you want good damage without having to blow XF + Ouroboros.

Dahbomb

Forgot about Deadpool's LVL3, definitely a piece of shit hyper. It's only good for trolling purposes. Yeah Nemesis, Firebrand and Deadpool LVL3's are definitely in the bottom 3.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I think Hsien-ko has the two worst in the game; Tenraiha and Chireiko.
Overhead and OTG respectively. Not awful, though Tenraiha should be better than it is.

While we're at it, Strider's Ragnarok. How many times do you see somebody actually land this? It's made almost totally redundant by the superior Ouroboros option.
It's a stretch to even call Ouroboros superior, at least with the way it's often used. Ragnarok tends to do more damage in practice, has invincible startup, and burns way less XF time.

Deadpool's level 3 blows. Has to be the worst in the game. Why on earth they would ask you to gamble three meters on a counter is beyond me.
What's truly mind-boggling is that it's not even a 0-framer. You can perform an evasive action after the flash if you have one, whereas Taskmaster and Wesker's level 1 counters would catch you.

smurfx

get some go again
deadpools level 3 should have been both a counter super for hits and projectiles. like teleport behind you if he catches you with it and probably do some goofy ass thing to you for 450k. would be funny if he kicked you in the ass.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

If you hit Hulk before he pounds the ground the rocks do not come out.

deadpools level 3 should have been both a counter super for hits and projectiles. like teleport behind you if he catches you with it and probably do some goofy ass thing to you for 450k. would be funny if he kicked you in the ass.

No counter should be level 3. It's already a gamble anyway.

ggs to Smurf

That...was incredibly one sided. That second team was completely made up on the spot to see if it could deal better with all those arrows. Apparently it only worked once >.>

Honestly, every time I took out one of your characters I considered it a win.

Denjin isn't THAT bad.

- Gamma Quake
- Mighty Thunder
- Rhino Charge

HPB does like 440K when fully charged up, and good MODOK combos can build the full charge.

Rhino Charge is still decent, but not good.
Agreed on Mighty Thunder.

Gamma Quake is useful for team setups, but it never gets utilized that way. For example, Gamma Charge (blocked) -> Gamma Quake -> Luminous Body gives you enough time to land Firebrand's unblockable, or very close to.

Stars and Stripes still has some uses, but agreed on Nemesis' level 3. What a piece of crap. Firebrand's just needs better controllability. Why does it have 3 different attacks when two of them are terrible? Just make every button I push the swoop attack and it's now useful.

I think Hsien-ko has the two worst in the game; Tenraiha and Chireiko.
Both are decent supers for certain kinds of team combinations.

Forgot about Deadpool's LVL3, definitely a piece of shit hyper. It's only good for trolling purposes. Yeah Nemesis, Firebrand and Deadpool LVL3's are definitely in the bottom 3.
Agreed.

What is a good team for a friend who wants to get into this game? I was going to suggest team armor but think he might like the fly/unfly teams.
Just let him play whatever he wants, and teach him an ABC combo to help him get by while he finds his way around.

Solune

I feel that She-Hulk's Emerald Cannon is really bad, DHCing into can be tricky. Doom's Photon Array (Ground Version) Is really shitty too. Gonna have to go with Jill's Mad Beast for my third pick, Level 3 Install (And other Level 3 Installs for that matter) are just stupid to begin with.

smurfx

get some go again
ggs to Smurf

That...was incredibly one sided. That second team was completely made up on the spot to see if it could deal better with all those arrows. Apparently it only worked once >.>

Honestly, every time I took out one of your characters I considered it a win.
that one win i had with haggars booty drop had me laughing. like i said in the message you really need to abuse your characters throwing range. nova can abuse the hell out of throws.

I feel that She-Hulk's Emerald Cannon is really bad, DHCing into can be tricky. Doom's Photon Array (Ground Version) Is really shitty too. Gonna have to go with Jill's Mad Beast for my third pick, Level 3 Install (And other Level 3 Installs for that matter) are just stupid to begin with.

Bitches don't know about real emeralds.

fyamv.png

Photon Array is all about the safe DHC. It's like Finishing Shower. Agreed that level 3 utility hypers are a bad idea.

Also, this was posted on GFAQs, thought you might all be interested:
http://m.ign.com/articles/2012/06/05/is-a-black-panther-movie-happening
http://m.ign.com/articles/2012/06/05/x-men-2-goes-days-of-future-past
http://www.toplessrobot.com/2012/06/now_heres_an_iron_man_3_set_pic_thats_worth_a_damn.php#more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom