• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
My buddy has been insisting for awhile that MODOK was a counter to Morrigan. I conceptually agreed with him, but my counterpoint was always Chris G is legit good, anyways, and no one of equal skill really plays MODOK.

Hopefully someone does, now, and knocks Chris G out before I or 645 face him at Evo :).
Akuma is the only character on his team that even concerns me, especially if I'm not sure what team order he'd pick.

Hawkeye/Taskmaster beats Morrigan/Doom for free. They can play a fullscreen game just fine without even having to spend meter.

Howard the Duck.

Howard.
The.
Duck.

Wow. Just... wow. :<
As someone who loves a very particular kind of character, I'm sympathetic to people who prefer joke/ugly characters. One spot for a character like that is a good decision. You can only have so many superheroes in spandex.

Akuma is the only character on his team that even concerns me, especially if I'm not sure what team order he'd pick.

Hawkeye/Taskmaster beats Morrigan/Doom for free. They can play a fullscreen game just fine without even having to spend meter.
Unless you know an answer to fireballs coming from behind, I don't think your team fares a better chance than any other of the teams. Hasn't HonzoGonzo ever played ChrisG?

cednym

Banned
Howard the Duck.

Howard.
The.
Duck.

Wow. Just... wow. :<

They always add a non-humanoid newcomer or two to these games, and Howard the Duck is probably the most mainstream one left. Marvel's horror division could also use some more representation. You can't deny that there's a ton of move set potential in Howard the Duck.

As someone who loves a very particular kind of character, I'm sympathetic to people who prefer joke/ugly characters. One spot for a character like that is a good decision. You can only have so many superheroes in spandex.

I'm not against ugly or joke characters, but Howard the Duck is awful. Awful.

Hell, you wanna add in Stan Lee or Forbush Man? Go for it. I'd LOVE either of them. You wanna add ugly characters like Toad? Let's rock. Hell I wouldn't even mind fucking No-Girl. But Howard is just... ugh.

They always add a non-humanoid newcomer or two to these games, and Howard the Duck is probably the most mainstream one left. Marvel's horror division could also use some more representation. You can't deny that there's a ton of move set potential in Howard the Duck.

Well if it's about non-humanoid then they could add a Brood drone for all I care, but I simply HATE Howard the Duck. It's a terrible character. I'm already coping with Deadpool, having to bear him AND Howard would kill me.

But yes, I would love more Horror/Supernatural representation from Marvel. There's so many things to draw from - Blade, Ghost Rider, Dr. Strange, Werewolf by Night - to a lesser extent Moon Knight... so many great characters in those.
Supernatural Marvel is like my second favorite Marvel sub-universe right after Cosmic.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
You know what does beat MorriDoom? Not letting her get her shit started.

I mean, isn't that really the key to beating every "problem" character in this game?

Dahbomb

You know what does beat MorriDoom? Not letting her get her shit started.

I mean, isn't that really the key to beating every "problem" character in this game?
Yeah that goes without saying, the discussion is more "what to do when she does get going".

There is a plan A and a plan B for everything like Phoenix. Either you can snap her in first and kill her before 5 bars or you can kill her using anti-DP tech later.

Found a UWT TOD reset that seeeeeeeeeems unescapable unless you are Sent, Morrigan or Phoenix.

Don't get airthrown by my Hawkeye if I have two bars, yall :3

Tizoc

Could someone post the GIF of Yipes behind 2 commentators and smirking?

Speaking of which, any recent matches featuring Yipes' commentary?

Could someone post the GIF of Yipes behind 2 commentators and smirking?

Speaking of which, any recent matches featuring Yipes' commentary?

ibjds6Aua9vNv.gif

sephi22

Found a UWT TOD reset that seeeeeeeeeems unescapable unless you are Sent, Morrigan or Phoenix.

Don't get airthrown by my Hawkeye if I have two bars, yall :3

Resetting with Super Scatter Shot -> UWT?
If its that its old as shit.

If its something new, I'd like to see it.

Resetting with Super Scatter Shot -> UWT?
If its that its old as shit.

If its something new, I'd like to see it.

Nay it's old as shit again T_T

Boo urns.

They're still the two best friends that anyone could have.

Dah well, air throw "TODs" are fun. Mashing H has never been so profitable.

FACT: more people should play Hawkeye because he makes any team better.

Dartastic

At E3, Combofiend told me I should drop Strider from my team of Ammy, Nova, Strider. He told me to put a meat shield in there. So, Marvel GAF. Who would be the best fit for that team? Eh? Also, what order would be best?

At E3, Combofiend told me I should drop Strider from my team of Ammy, Nova, Strider. He told me to put a meat shield in there. So, Marvel GAF. Who would be the best fit for that team? Eh? Also, what order would be best?

Chris (hurr), Tasky, Spencer, or Wesker probably could work rather well.

Anyone else? What about the REAL meat shields, like Thor or Hulk? I really don't know who else to put in there.

Not sure about Hulk, but Thor could actually work really well with Nova and Ammy, at least if you put Thor on point or second. Let's see...
Ammy - Cold Star
Thor - Mighty Spark
Nova - not sure which assist honestly :|

Maybe switch Ammy and Nova and give Ammy the meter build assist if you wanna build meter and blow shit up with Nova. Still think Thor is best on second rather than point, but with Cold Star and either the barrier or the Centurion Rush (I think was the one where Nova goes in an arc? :<), he also could take point.

Dartastic

Chris has like 1.1k! Really anyone over a million would count as a meat shield.
He does? Damn. -.- I might give him a go? I'll probably try all these characters when I get home.
Not sure about Hulk, but Thor could actually work really well with Nova and Ammy, at least if you put Thor on point or second. Let's see...
Ammy - Cold Star
Thor - Mighty Spark
Nova - not sure which assist honestly :|

Maybe switch Ammy and Nova and give Ammy the meter build assist if you wanna build meter and blow shit up with Nova. Still think Thor is best on second rather than point, but with Cold Star and either the barrier or the Centurion Rush (I think was the one where Nova goes in an arc? :<), he also could take point.
I like the overhead assist. I'd probably continue to use that. nice high low shit there. I dunnoooooooo augh. I'll give em all a go. :p I'm thinking Ammy should go last though, for her comeback potential and for the Cold Star assist.
Missiles 4 lyfe

He does? Damn. -.- I might give him a go? I'll probably try all these characters when I get home.

Yeah, Chris is like just a tier below the She-Hulk tier in terms of health, lol.
Here's the list of everyone above 1 million:
1.25 Million: Thor
1.20 Million: Haggar, Hulk, Tron
1.15 Million: She-Hulk, Nemesis
1.10 Million: Chris, Tasky
1.05 Million: Cap, Frank, Spencer

I like the overhead assist. I'd probably continue to use that. nice high low shit there. I dunnoooooooo augh. I'll give em all a go. :p I'm thinking Ammy should go last though, for her comeback potential and for the Cold Star assist.

You mean on Nova? Yea, that was the one I meant. Honestly, all of his assists are good.
And yea, Ammy last would probably work too.

...I‘m so glad our stream isn‘t working today. To say that I‘ve had an off day in Marvel would be a fucking understatement. I LITERALLY failed all of my easiest combos with Nova, including some happy birthdays that would‘ve meant a lv5 Frank and an easy win. ALL OF THEM. And then Frank and Rocket got steamrolled. Ugh.

What do you guys do when you feel at your absolute shittiest?

Onemic

Watching the money match makes me want to start practicing UMvC3 again, and then I remember the insane execution requirements :(

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Watching the money match makes me want to start practicing UMvC3 again, and then I remember the insane execution requirements :(

There are low execution teams in this game. You'll just have to make some sacrifices in terms of playing your favorite characters or w/e.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I am super free and shitty at this game and still love playing it. I play a low execution team outside of Iron Man: Nova/Iron Man/Akuma.

Even for more professional players, finding a team that suits your execution level at the time is essential.

Time to change your avatar, son.

Onemic

I am super free and shitty at this game and still love playing it. I play a low execution team outside of Iron Man: Nova/Iron Man/Akuma.

Even for more professional players, finding a team that suits your execution level at the time is essential.

Time to change your avatar, son.

I've been trying to learn wolverine/mag/vergil, but I have no idea if that's even an effective team or not. All the other characters I've tried to use have been too high execution for me to learn.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I've been trying to learn wolverine/mag/vergil, but I have no idea if that's even an effective team or not. All the other characters I've tried to use have been too high execution for me to learn.
What were the other characters you've tried to learn?

Also, MahvelGAF, it's time to rerate your Magnetos. Choose whomever you wish to include.

FChamp
Fanatiq
RayRay
Joker

I'm not familiar with Alioune's play but I'm sure he would place highly from his Magneto innovation alone.

Also, MahvelGAF, it's time to rerate your Magnetos. Choose whomever you wish to include.

FChamp
Fanatiq
RayRay
Joker

I'm not familiar with Alioune's play but I'm sure he would place highly from his Magneto innovation alone.

1.FChamp
2.RayRay
3.Fanatiq
4.Joker

Anth0ny

F Champ has the best Magneto. Anyone see that FT10 set between Fanatiq and F Champ on FGTV? Fanatiq got destroyed, and was totally crushed after his defeat, admitting that Champ is simply the better player.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If RayRay's Magneto was more consistent, I'd easily put him over Fanatiq. Unfortunately not the case, as evidenced today.

Onemic

FChamp
Fanatiq
RayRay
Joker

Zero
Taskmaster
Spencer
Akuma
Strider
Morrigan
Dante
Spiderman

In order from most practiced to least.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
http://www.hadoken.net/?p=5098

So.... true or fake.

Also the SFxT SF DLC char is whack.

"- It is being developed for PS3 and Vita only at the moment, but that could change in the future. "

Even though it says it could change in the future I really doubt Capcom would be dumb enough to even consider a console exclusive fighting game.

Zero
Taskmaster
Spencer
Akuma
Strider
Morrigan
Dante
Spiderman

In order from most practiced to least.

Go with Wolverine/Akuma and work your way from there. Both of their bnbs are super easy.

Out of the characters you listed there Taskmaster is probably the easiest execution-wise imo. Not sure how well he works with the other two but it can't hurt to try.

It's not on your list but Sentinel goes good in between Wolverine/Akuma. He's got easy damage and isn't terribly hard execution-wise unless you want to be with him.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
http://www.hadoken.net/?p=5098

So.... true or fake.

Also the SFxT SF DLC char is whack.
All of this shit seems fake:

Regarding Street Fighter x Tekken:
- Several testers have been fired over the Rolento knife glitch getting through testing. (LOL)
- The PC patch which was supposed to update the game to 1.04 was delayed because of the Rolento knife glitch. Capcom didn’t want to spend the money on older patches for PC (Spending money on PC patches? What are you on about?), so they were waiting for the newest edition, 1.04 to be out on consoles, and then release the PC update about a week later, but due to the glitch’s discovery, it was halted. PC will be receiving the update to 1.05 within a week after the console update.
- Pandora is getting buffed for the Vita release. It will last very slightly longer and will come with a major strength boost, as well as the free meter that it already grants. (Lack of parity of game mechanics across versions is highly unlikely)
- The timer is getting fixed for the Vita release. It will take two seconds to pass 1 in-game second, so basically match times are doubled. (Lack of parity of game mechanics across versions is highly unlikely)

Regarding UMvC3:
- A balance patch is in the works, but that’s it. UMvC3 is also finished. (Likely fake because the team has been dissolved and has moved on, according to Seth a million times)

Regarding Darkstalkers 4:
- It is being developed for PS3 and Vita only at the moment, but that could change in the future. (This just seems illogical altogether, and the lack of reasoning suggests a Sony exclusivity which is again highly unlikely)

Onemic

"- It is being developed for PS3 and Vita only at the moment, but that could change in the future. "

Even though it says it could change in the future I really doubt Capcom would be dumb enough to even consider a console exclusive fighting game.

Go with Wolverine/Akuma and work your way from there. Both of their bnbs are super easy.

Out of the characters you listed there Taskmaster is probably the easiest execution-wise imo. Not sure how well he works with the other two but it can't hurt to try.

It's not on your list but Sentinel goes good in between Wolverine/Akuma. He's got easy damage and isn't terribly hard execution-wise unless you want to be with him.

I'll try practicing with akuma again and see where it takes me. I really like magnus and vergil though, what would be a good person to pair them up with out of that list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom