• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Enzo I am disappoint you did not add this to the OP!

GVCdM.jpg

This is great and someone should make an updated version of this.

More so, so I'm on it :)

Neki

My team makes me want to cry. I've never had so much fun playing this game before. Everything I've ever wanted is in this team, I can swap characters in every combo and the team never gets any worse. Playing Dormammu(Purification)/Spencer(Slant Shot)/Magneto(EMD) is...

...it's more fun than playing Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 is my favorite fighting game of all time.

Also, I just signed up for NCR 2012 in UMVC3, Soul Calibur 5 and Street Fighter X Tekken.

running that ez mastacj mix up on incoming? EZ

Tobe

OHHHH :lol :lol fucking tron got me there :lol. well marvelgaf probably next time i post i will be NYC bound. wish me a safe trip .

ps: ill grind at next level like there is no tomorrow.
pps: looking forward to see you at WB biz

Dahbomb

Capcom's Megaman Edition to do list:
*Add Gene, Megaman, and an MvC1 Capcom vet(better be CapCom or Jin, Capcom)
*Beat Marvel until they agree to give us Gambit, Venom and and one MvC2 vet(preferably Psylocke)
*Get rid of mashing
*Nerf X-Factor across the board. Lower damage bonus by 30% and speed bonus by 10%
*Nerf damage off throws hard as hell so that max damage is like 450k
*Bring back the old UI for matches goddamit
*Nerf Hsien-Ko's gold pendulum. Hsien-Bro is breaking the game
*Kill glasses buff & random phantom dance crossup
*Add the Okami stage along with another five new stages
*Agreed on first 4. X factor can use a timer reduction as well. 30% is steep because some character's damage bonus is 130%. :/ I really think LVL2/LVL3 need adjusting with current LVL2 values being new LVL3 values and new LVL2 values being somewhere in between. Ditto in timers.

*Window on TAC counter should be upped some more. I can't appreciate the difference, it's still a guess and I don't like that.

*Old UI should be an option to please everyone. Some people actually like the massive X factor indicator.

*Damage from most throws without meter is usually around 400K-500K for most good characters. The problem is characters that can do insane damage even after max damage scaling which include characters like Viper, Zero, Spencer. There is enough scaling as it is, the change should be made to the characters.

*Viper and Zero damage scaling greatly adjusted on specials. Spencer's Up Grapple scales properly. Doom's combos have more hit stun so he doesn't build like 3 bars in a combo. Remove Wesker's glasses/Phantom Dance, make him smarter to use. These changes are really the only ones that I would say the game needs, the rest is just MINOR buffs to rest of the cast non-A/S tier. I think IM needs another revision in that he needs to be able to act out of ground dash and air dash quicker. Wright probably needs a revision as well.

I'm pretty sure SixFortyFive dropped her for Felicia, but I don't know if he was "crying" about it.
He always had Felicia.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Since I am done with stupid 6th ranking achievement so I can change my team around because I felt that my team suck against zoning teams.

Watch out when I am coming to redeem myself. Beware!

Dahbomb

Does anyone have my "top 10 things to watch out for in UMVC3"? I don't remember exactly what I had but it was something like this:

Firebrand - Luminous Body, Dive kick
Strider - Vajra and Ourouborus
Ghost Rider - Heartless Spire and assist selection
Hawkeye - Poison arrow and Gimlet
Vergil - The swords and teleport
Doom - Foot Dive
Zero - Buster cancel
Dorm - Dark Matter teleport cancel

Don't remember the other 2, maybe something about Strange's assist/SoV.

Oh and Combofiend claims that he has a She Hulk team for WNF.

The patch made a small buff to Phoenix Wright. He has the same LVL3 XF bonuses across the board in Turnabout mode now (meaning if you turn on XFLVL1 he would still get LVL3 XF damage). That's what the people at SRK are saying at least.

Azure J

Does anyone have my "top 10 things to watch out for in UMVC3"? I don't remember exactly what I had but it was something like this:

Firebrand - Luminous Body, Dive kick
Strider - Vajra and Ourouborus
Ghost Rider - Heartless Spire and assist selection
Hawkeye - Poison arrow and Gimlet
Vergil - The swords and teleport
Doom - Foot Dive
Zero - Buster cancel
Dorm - Dark Matter teleport cancel

Don't remember the other 2, maybe something about Strange's assist/SoV.

Oh and Combofiend claims that he has a She Hulk team for WNF.

Why do I remember Felicia's Air Delta Kick getting early notice from you as well?

The patch made a small buff to Phoenix Wright. He has the same LVL3 XF bonuses across the board in Turnabout mode now (meaning if you turn on XFLVL1 he would still get LVL3 XF damage). That's what the people at SRK are saying at least.

So, even in lv1, he now insta kills everyone with his lv3 super?

Dahbomb

It might be. May not have been on the top 10 but certainly something I was "hyping" up.

I also still think Joe's V Dodge move is obscenely good. We saw shades of it in the Dieminion vs Jago match where Die was able to make some of Wesker's normals whiff and then went into a full BnB after the Dodge. This tool along with this constant IAD Voomerang spam can allow him to go toe to toe with many S tier characters including Zero and Viper. I think ultimately where Joe lacks in is team synergy, he doesn't bring much to the team in terms of assists relegating him to a point character.

So, even in lv1, he now insta kills everyone with his lv3 super?
Should be

That has to be a bug, because that's a shitty buff otherwise.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Since I am done with stupid 6th ranking achievement so I can change my team around because I felt that my team suck against zoning teams.

Watch out when I am coming to redeem myself. Beware!

Bring it!

This is a surprisingly good list of stuff.
Did you expect anything else from me?
I have no problem with 100% air combos to death though, probably cause I haven't experienced it myself and am not salty about it but I see no real problem with that. It's Mahvel, a bit more scaling wouldn't hurt but 450k max is harsh, especially with the scaling as is.
Uh huh

Dahbomb already covered that. The fixes mostly need to happen to characters like Viper, Zero, Spencer, etc. They need the fixes. Also, I didn't include level 3 hypers in my max. I don't have a problem with high damage if you have to waste something like three bars to make it happen.
LOL I just realized I eventually got edited into that picture too, hilarious.
You remind me of Scrappy Doo in that picture lol.
...it's more fun than playing Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 is my favorite fighting game of all time.
Good for you.

It's nice to see someone enjoying the game that much.
My exclusion makes me feel sadder than SolarPowered on there.
Impossible

Those were some of my lowest times since I came to GAF. It was terrible.
You gotta step your game up, ordinary guy. You need a gimmick like Denjin mode to make your extraordinary or something.
Didn't think anybody noticed but MLG was watching the PSN☆LIVE.
Don't forget about us little people when you make it big!
Who was it that was crying about morrigan sucking in ultimate? :p
Guilty as charged. Rushdown was the only viable thing in Vanilla since the top tier basically had you dead if they controlled the flow for even a little bit of time. Another interesting little thing that I didn't know about was her Astral Vision buff that allows her to build meter. It might have been a different story if I knew that from the start. It's not even listed in the old buffs/nerfs list from the first thread. :/
*Agreed on first 4. X factor can use a timer reduction as well. 30% is steep because some character's damage bonus is 130%. :/ I really think LVL2/LVL3 need adjusting with current LVL2 values being new LVL3 values and new LVL2 values being somewhere in between. Ditto in timers.
Change it to a max of 130% with slightly lower values where appropriate. No character should be getting the kill that easily imo. I like the time. It is an anti chip mechanism that keeps the fights just a big longer. This problem is infinitesimally smaller than the massive turnaround provided by the XF boosts. Those literally sway the match compared to the extra time that can protect from chip.
*Window on TAC counter should be upped some more. I can't appreciate the difference, it's still a guess and I don't like that.
Agreed
*Old UI should be an option to please everyone. Some people actually like the massive X factor indicator.
Agreed

Those people need glasses and better memory though. I've only made the mistake of assuming that I still had X-factor once in the thousands of games I've played.
*Damage from most throws without meter is usually around 400K-500K for most good characters. The problem is characters that can do insane damage even after max damage scaling which include characters like Viper, Zero, Spencer. There is enough scaling as it is, the change should be made to the characters.
Agreed
I think IM needs another revision in that he needs to be able to act out of ground dash and air dash quicker. Wright probably needs a revision as well.
I think you are forgetting a very important little lady here.

Morrigan has always been able to build meter during Astral Vision.

But in Vanilla rushdown was kind due to Logan and Phoenix.
I cannot for the life of me remember that. Rushdown in that game was insane though lol. No thought for extremely high payout. Also, her soul fists did less damage which compounded even further when she used AV in that game.

Fuck nerfing xfactor, let us turn it off. Its not a crucial part of the gameplay like parries or focus attacks. Also I still dont get why people that run tournaments dont just ban xfactor or make you use immediately in a match. I dont think i've ever seen an accidental xfactor.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Fuck nerfing xfactor, let us turn it off. Its not a crucial part of the gameplay like parries or focus attacks. Also I still dont get why people that run tournaments dont just ban xfactor or make you use immediately in a match. I dont think i've ever seen an accidental xfactor.

Uhhhhh. I think Xfactor is dumb and all but all of these suggestions are terrible.

Xfactor is dumb because the bonuses are still out of whack -- that's it.

Roman/guard cancel is sweet, and normalized boosts would be fine, but 1v3's SHOULD be hard to come back from, not teleport+giant hitbubble madness. The fact that I can legitimately get bodied for 2.5 characters and make a comeback with XF3 Laura is dumb.

The guard cancel aspect is probably the best part though. It brings the most mindgames with it by far, and the requirement for the pressing opponent to have to continue to think right through to the end of the match.

TLDR: XF bonuses need to be looked at (re: reduced) again, but it does have the potential to be a great mechanic that keeps stuff interesting without making them dumb.

A mix of TvC's Baroque and XF would be my favorite :3 But that would ruin Nova I guess.

In other news, I've always been tempted to post in SRK's tier thread but for every decent to good post in there by some like DevilJin or Dahbomb there's maybe 3-5 bad/ignorant/sheep-like/just plain wrong ones. In the past, I think I have brained my damage because I continue to check it D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom