• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

I saw their play, it's legit but I am unsure of their fundamentals. They have the execution and tech but how well can they survive in an American tournament or in long set is hard to say. Some of them are coming to EVO so hopefully we can get our answer there.

Dahbomb

Alioune > *

Midscreen Hyper Grav Combos

SMP

Being fly with Magneto

Damn at XF3 Magnus combos. I would feel sorry for someone if they got styled on with some of this shit during a tournament...
Ok that shit was fucking SIGMA TIER SWAG!

Actually I think it should be ZETA tier.... holy shit. If the end of the match combo at 2:00 happened in real life I might actually die from hype coma. And HOLY SHIT @ 3:00 with "HYPER.. HYPER... HYPER... HYPER.. HYPER GRAV!!!!"

In coming Diablo 3 rage rant, don't read if you are weak at heart:
I am so fucking done with broken ass piece of shit Diablo 3 for the week. Fuck that game and fuck Blizzard up their shit infested asshole, fuck the trolls, fuck the DRM, fuck the dupe gold exploits, fuck Inferno, fuck range vs melee balance, fuck shitty itemization, fuck AHs, fuck Invulnerable Reflect Damage Jailer Teleporter Soul Ripper mobs, fuck Wasps, fuck Lacuna Huntress, fuck Belial, fuck invisible naga enemies, fuck gold farmers, fuck bots, fuck lag spikes, fuck stealth hot fixes and nerfs, fuck rollbacks, fuck the goblins, fuck the secret level, fuck maintenances. FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK... FUCK!!!!

I don't have a console but I am going to a local LAN center and see if I can play some Marvel casuals there. I will have to pay by the hour but I need that Marvel crack back in me.

This is the true crack game of our generation.

Chavelo

I am so fucking done with broken ass piece of shit Diablo 3 for the week. Fuck that game and fuck Blizzard up their shit infested asshole, fuck the trolls, fuck the DRM, fuck the dupe gold exploits, fuck Inferno, fuck range vs melee balance, fuck shitty itemization, fuck AHs, fuck Invulnerable Reflect Damage Jailer Teleporter Soul Ripper mobs, fuck Wasps, fuck Lacuna Huntress, fuck Belial, fuck invisible naga enemies, fuck gold farmers, fuck bots, fuck lag spikes, fuck stealth hot fixes and nerfs, fuck rollbacks, fuck the goblins, fuck the secret level, fuck maintenances. FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK... FUCK!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdHTnpgpLDc

Diablo 3 "This shit is broken!" Rage >>>>>> UMVC3 "This shit is broken!" Rage

Haven't touched Diablo for a week now... I'm on that EVO power-training "OH SHIT I GOT LESS THAN A MONTH TO GET GOOD AT THIS GAME UNLESS I WANNA GO 0-2!" phase. Gotta train fast XD

<3 Mahvel <3

Dahbomb

The level of broke in Diablo 3 is if Dark Phoenix had 3.3 million health, permanent LVL4 XF, shot lightning in 8 way directions simultaneously even if you hit her, did damage to you if you hit her, had Buster, Spiral Swords that was free to activate, invincible Berserker Slash + Hammer, EX Seismo that was free to use, Magneto's tri-dash, had hyper armor and all her attacks were unblockable.

And she was a character you could just pick from the character select screen.

Azure J

Alioune > *

SMP

Being fly with Magneto

Damn at XF3 Magnus combos. I would feel sorry for someone if they got styled on with some of this shit during a tournament...

I really really really want to play Magneto, like so badly. But fuck if he isn't hard as shit for a newbie player. I just don't have the spatial awareness and execution for this stuff. Even stuff like his Fly combo which is easy enough to understand gets dropped like a butter coated bar of wet soap by me. :(

The three highest execution characters I've dabbled with thus far are Magneto, Viper & Morrigan. (Runner up Felicia) They also happen to have some of my favorite playstyles in this game. :(

Fucking godlike.

Why was health brought in? Why not talk about how Chun Li has 850K and she has shittier tools than C Viper who has 900K? This is Capcom we are talking about here, not much thought is put into their health distribution or tools.
Health is an important indicator of character potential. Any character 1 million health+ has either standard movement or some weakness in movement. You won't find a character with dash-cancelable ground normals and an air dash above 1 million, and for good reason.
Thor doesn't count.

Bringing up Chun-li bolsters my argument. Why does she have 850K health? What does she have to show for it? No one picks her because health is a factor in this game, and if you have 850K you are easy to kill, and that means you need something to show for it. Chun-li has nothing to show for her low health, so no one picks her. She even has a good assist. I'm sure you agree that if Chun-li had 1.1 million health (or even 1 million), we'd be seeing more of her, because she's not terrible in every aspect of the character, she's just not good in her health tier. I'd still use Sentinel on point if he had 1.3 million, but I can't possibly make use of him at 900K health. Firebrand isn't as poorly off as Chun-li, but I don't think he justifies his health tier. If he had 950K, it'd be fine, since it would put him in the same class as Morrigan, who has limited movement and attack options like he does.

Firebrand is roughly on par or better than half of those characters. Only characters he isn't better than on list are the Magneto, Vergil, Zero, Viper and Dante. Dr Strange has a bunch of tools but mostly pretty shitty. Hawkeye has no where near the mobility of Firebrand nor the same up close game or approaches. Nova is so linear in design with a bunch of gimmicks. Deadpool has very limited air game and a situational teleport.
I do not agree. Dr. Strange just needs a safe blockstring. It's the only thing crippling him right now. Hawkeye has better mix-ups than Firebrand, hilariously enough. Sure, he can't fly, but he has godlike hypers and assists, screen presence, damage, and more health. He has really strong and various tools.

Deadpool's game is really strong. People just don't like playing lame. A situational teleport? You mean one of a few teleports that can create full combos from a projectile? The only keepaway character in the game with a standing overhead? Screen-relative teleports (my god I would kill for this)? Honestly, the only reason Deadpool ISN'T on my team instead of Firebrand is that he doesn't have any use for excess meter. I would finish all my matches with him sitting on 5 bars thanks to Dark Harmonizer. The synergy just wasn't there. I think Deadpool is one of the most underplayed top tier characters in this game, right behind MODOK. Regarding Nova, I can only say that "a bunch of gimmicks" added together is what makes for a good character.

You forgot to list the other low health characters in Firebrand's health vicinity like X-23, Jill and Chun Li that neither have his air mobility nor his fireball options yet Firebrand outclasses Chun Li even in the mix up and low hitting department.
Because all of those characters prove my point. Magneto, Dante, Deadpool, Hawkeye, etc. are exactly what a character in the 900K-850K health range should offer. X-23, Jill, and Chun-li prove that it's not enough to just have decent rushdown in that range. Firebrand's fireballs are nothing to write home about. It's not like he can play keepaway with them.

Here's my buff list for Iron Man so that people can pick him over Magneto and Doom:

*Air dash down/forward increased in start up
*Air dash down/back also buffed accordingly
*Smart Bombs have more hit stun at the start of the combo like in Vanilla but reduce to Ultimate status at max scaling
*L/M/H Smart Bombs in the air have different trajectories
*Smart Bombs in the air can be held down/charged up. Charged up smart bombs drop slower and more in numbers with much higher durability (MVC2 style)
*Iron Man gets his Knee Dive move back. Mapped to d+M, causes hard knockdown on hit
*Iron Man has a proper wave dash and can cancel out of it anytime
*Flight movement increased
*Can refly as long as he hasn't used up his fly time yet
*Unibeam starts up faster on all versions
*Unibeam as an assist comes out behind the point character
*Cr.H has faster start up
*Hit stun on all of Iron Man's j.H attacks increased but reduce to Ultimate status at max scaling
*Proton Cannon has less recovery frames
*Proton Cannon can now be aimed upwards there is no longer an extra input for it to get the other version
*New Warmachine missiles hyper. Can be comboed off of Repulsor Blast, does a lot of damage if all the missiles hit and is safe on block or from DHC because if someone tries to hit Iron Man the down coming missiles will hit them. The missile pack has a hit box so anyone near Iron Man will get popped straight up and eat all missiles (and to prevent people from throwing him out of it)
*Iron Avenger's vertical hit box improved and has more invincibility
*J.M has a better posterior hit box and is now the cross up move of choice for Iron Man
*Launcher has a better horizontal hit box so he can more easily confirm off of cr.M
*St.H priority increased to match length of cr.M
*Smart Bomb assist removed, replaced with instant Repulsor Spread assist. Iron man basically comes out and does an instant Repulsor Spread to get the opponent off and end in a hard knockdown
*Gets his double jump back
*Health buffed to 1 million to match Doom's

Problem?
Could Iron Man really charge Smart Bomb in MvC2? I can agree with all of it beyond Iron Man having a proper, ground-cancelable wave dash. That would make him the only character with 1 million health+ with that kind of mobility. Hard knockdown spread is too good for how fast it would come out, but I love the general idea and would be cool with a soft knockdown. I'd also like for his c.H to have full-screen tracking, similar to Phoenix's fireball H. I think most of your changes are really fair, personally.

The Japanese were using the forward moving one to set up a cross up with Rapid Slash. He would go through the opponent and while going through they will get hit by Rapid Slash as it was a cross up. Looked like it was be fairly easy to pick up but among his other bag of mix ups it would be pretty easy to sneak it in.
That's the M version. It just seems to me like the opponent could easily XFC the blockstun into a throw to kill Firebrand if he wanted to, because he sails forward pretty slow.

Alioune > *

SMP

Being fly with Magneto

Whoo! Those were beautiful. In a few years, one of those might even see a tournament. In 10, his bnb!

Did Capcom loose the "Fighting game licence" in 2012?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX9FMdxaN_Y

Makes me wonder if this Ubisoft game is the reason why Ultimate was rushed in 2011????
I think the contract was just for this game, and not for the general license. I could be wrong.

Ok that shit was fucking SIGMA TIER SWAG!

Actually I think it should be ZETA tier.... holy shit. If the end of the match combo at 2:00 happened in real life I might actually die from hype coma. And HOLY SHIT @ 3:00 with "HYPER.. HYPER... HYPER... HYPER.. HYPER GRAV!!!!"

I don't have a console but I am going to a local LAN center and see if I can play some Marvel casuals there. I will have to pay by the hour but I need that Marvel crack back in me.

This is the true crack game of our generation.
lol @ "for the week". I'd love to know what's up with all these things. Blizzard is well known for their stealth changes - pisses off everyone, and their excuse is always something like "we don't always know what's going in the latest patch", and that just blows my mind. How the fuck can't someone know?

And damn, item duping in the game already? There has never been a Diablo game without item duping, but I never hear about it in any other game. It blows my mind. Diablo I's item dupe was hilariously easy to do, too. You just had to drop the item you want to dupe on the ground, click on it to pick the item up, and on your character's way there, pick up a potion off your belt, and the potion would turn into a copy of the item!

The level of broke in Diablo 3 is if Dark Phoenix had 3.3 million health, permanent LVL4 XF, shot lightning in 8 way directions simultaneously even if you hit her, did damage to you if you hit her, had Buster, Spiral Swords that was free to activate, invincible Berserker Slash + Hammer, EX Seismo that was free to use, Magneto's tri-dash, had hyper armor and all her attacks were unblockable.

And she was a character you could just pick from the character select screen.
LOL, reminds me of MSLE monsters in Diablo II. If you aren't aware, for like the first year of the game MSLE (Multishot, Lightning Enchanted) monsters were glitched. Lightning Enchanted makes it so that Charged Bolts flew out of the monster if it got hit, and Multishot would triple the number of bolts that come out. Fair enough. However, the game wasn't able to render the bolts fast enough when you attacked, so they were all invisible. Basically you'd walk into a room, throw a fireball, and die because 20 bolts just came at you out of nowhere. You wouldn't even know that there was a MSLE there until you were dead or close to.

JeTmAn81

I really really really want to play Magneto, like so badly. But fuck if he isn't hard as shit for a newbie player. I just don't have the spatial awareness and execution for this stuff. Even stuff like his Fly combo which is easy enough to understand gets dropped like a butter coated bar of wet soap by me. :(

The three highest execution characters I've dabbled with thus far are Magneto, Viper & Morrigan. (Runner up Felicia) They also happen to have some of my favorite playstyles in this game. :(

Fucking godlike.

You have to really grind it out if you want to do even basic Magneto stuff. However, since you can play Dante you should be familiar with the kind of practice needed to learn some of the more advanced techniques available in this game.

But I think Magneto's combo stuff is really just the tip of the iceberg for him. The combos are just execution, the real power of Magneto is in his movement and attack options, and learning how to use all of that stuff is intimidating.

P.S. Secret weapon for Magneto loops - one-button dashes

Whooo! Moved into my new apartment in downtown SF. I can't get internet on my PS3 :-(

But on the plus side, I'm literally 5 BLOCKS FROM SOUTHTOWN ARCADE! Yay, time to start going to some ranbats! ^_^
I could give you one of the three I have.

Like, really really? O_O

In my honest opinion, Magneto. But really, anyone who helps both Spencer/Vergil get in (i.e Doom but you hate Doom anchor =p.) Or anyone who is self-sufficient. I'm gonna try it tonight but Magneto covers both of these requirements. Yipes team is also solid with Hawkeye.

Magneto, Arthur or Akuma for sure. Hawkeye, Iron Man, Doom and Taskmaster work too if you don't mind playing them anchor.

I think the real answer is "any character with a projectile assist that you don't mind anchoring". Magneto is probably the best option among those, though.
Spencer/Vergil/Magneto is my shit ^_^

Deadpool's game is really strong. People just don't like playing lame. A situational teleport? You mean one of a few teleports that can create full combos from a projectile? The only keepaway character in the game with a standing overhead? Screen-relative teleports (my god I would kill for this)? Honestly, the only reason Deadpool ISN'T on my team instead of Firebrand is that he doesn't have any use for excess meter. I would finish all my matches with him sitting on 5 bars thanks to Dark Harmonizer. The synergy just wasn't there. I think Deadpool is one of the most underplayed top tier characters in this game, right behind MODOK. Regarding Nova, I can only say that "a bunch of gimmicks" added together is what makes for a good character.

100% agree. every now and then i run into a really good deadpool, and sometimes you can't even touch him. i really want to pick him up because i prefer to play lame (other than spencer) so i might have to find another new team in the next few weeks.

Alioune > *

SMP

Being fly with Magneto

Stop it Alioune! You're already the smartest Magneto in the world, you don't need to keep going! There's nobody left to fight.

That is absurd. Zero and Spencer just won't stop battling it out for highest damage for one bar, will they?

Dahbomb

I do not agree. Dr. Strange just needs a safe blockstring. It's the only thing crippling him right now. Hawkeye has better mix-ups than Firebrand, hilariously enough. Sure, he can't fly, but he has godlike hypers and assists, screen presence, damage, and more health. He has really strong and various tools.
Strange has a lot more issues than that. And Hawkeye has better mix ups than Firebrand? Surely you jest especially when compared to Firebrand who has an instant overhead and an unblockable. Hawkeye only has one great hyper and one good assist.

I know that Deadpool is a really strong character, he is highly rated in all my tier lists. But his teleport holds him back from being a true threat. The fact that you know he can only do 2 teleports holds him back and when he has used those up his threat is greatly diminished. His support game is also pretty bad. He needs the hard knockdown removed from his 3rd teleport and his LVL3 buffed plus he needs a couple hit box buff so it's easier to confirm combos for him (a lot of combos especially from his slide whiff too easily).

Nova's gimmicks are pretty bad though what makes him usable as that just like She Hulk has some good fundamental tools to fall back on. His red health mechanic holds him back tremendously from using his good tools, his Speeding Tackle doesn't do what it's supposed to do which is to beat projectiles on reaction (can't do it on reaction because it's not invincible on start up) and him not having a fast low hurts his high/low game a lot. You fix these 3 issues about him then he becomes a near top tier IMO.

Health is an important indicator of character potential. Any character 1 million health+ has either standard movement or some weakness in movement. You won't find a character with dash-cancelable ground normals and an air dash above 1 million, and for good reason.
So basically Spencer. I don't prescribe to using health as a metric of tools given to a character and neither should Capcom. It's a bad design IMO, health should be distributed based on size of character not on toolset. Sentinel being a large character should have more health. There is no reason why a 1 million health character can't have both dash cancellable normals and an air dash. Mobility is WAY too important in this game to deny some characters. Thor has the highest health in the game yet is way more mobile than the other heavy characters in the game plus he has a projectile AND an air command grab. Their system just doesn't make sense and quite frankly is arbitrary at times.

Could Iron Man really charge Smart Bomb in MvC2? I can agree with all of it beyond Iron Man having a proper, ground-cancelable wave dash. That would make him the only character with 1 million health+ with that kind of mobility. Hard knockdown spread is too good for how fast it would come out, but I love the general idea and would be cool with a soft knockdown. I'd also like for his c.H to have full-screen tracking, similar to Phoenix's fireball H. I think most of your changes are really fair, personally.
If you really want to stick to the whole health thing then I would be perfectly fine with all those buffs AND take down Iron Man's health to 900K. The Repulsor Spread assist I would actually change to soft knockdown, don't know why I wanted to keep the hard knockdown. It should be like the Haggar assist, a great get off me move but doesn't give you a win assist if you can self OTG. Also Iron Man can't charge his Smart Bombs in MVC2 but the charged version that I proposed are basically what his default bombs were in MVC2 (slower, different trajectories, more of them etc.). I wanted IM to have the option of both, a faster Smart Bomb to pepper and harass opponents with and a slower Smart Bomb to help him approach with like Magnetic Blasts.

Also if you are fine with the IM changes then I am fine with the Firebrand changes except for the unblockable as an assist and MAYBE the LB buffs. That's something that I want to see more in action then judge.

Mr Wizard just tweeted that they might go to 3/5 in Marvel..... depending on how it goes at CEO

Thank you based god.
tumblr_m3mdsa75z71qg3uqyo1_500.gif

Mr Wizard just tweeted that they might go to 3/5 in Marvel..... depending on how it goes at CEO
Thank you based god.
YES!

100% agree. every now and then i run into a really good deadpool, and sometimes you can't even touch him. i really want to pick him up because i prefer to play lame (other than spencer) so i might have to find another new team in the next few weeks.
I think it's weird that people don't use him, because he's fun as hell to play and very effective. Is it because he's goofy? I love his goofiness.

Strange has a lot more issues than that. And Hawkeye has better mix ups than Firebrand? Surely you jest especially when compared to Firebrand who has an instant overhead and an unblockable. Hawkeye only has one great hyper and one good assist.
What other issue does Strange have?

Firebrand's instant overhead only matters if he's in Luminous Body or the opponent is pinned. Most characters can open someone up in that situation. Unblockables aren't mix-ups, which is why I said mix-ups, and not unblockables. Firebrand has no great hypers and no good assists. Hawkeye has his somersaults for solo cross-ups that lead into full combos. Firebrand can't even auto-correct after flying past someone.

I know that Deadpool is a really strong character, he is highly rated in all my tier lists. But his teleport holds him back from being a true threat. The fact that you know he can only do 2 teleports holds him back and when he has used those up his threat is greatly diminished. His support game is also pretty bad. He needs the hard knockdown removed from his 3rd teleport and his LVL3 buffed plus he needs a couple hit box buff so it's easier to confirm combos for him (a lot of combos especially from his slide whiff too easily).
The third teleport can be used mid-combo, though. Good Deadpool players recently have been incorporating teleports into their combos so they can burn the 3rd one at an opportune moment. I've honestly never had a problem hit confirming with him. I agree that his level 3 is trash, and his assists could use some reworking.

Nova's gimmicks are pretty bad though what makes him usable as that just like She Hulk has some good fundamental tools to fall back on. His red health mechanic holds him back tremendously from using his good tools, his Speeding Tackle doesn't do what it's supposed to do which is to beat projectiles on reaction (can't do it on reaction because it's not invincible on start up) and him not having a fast low hurts his high/low game a lot. You fix these 3 issues about him then he becomes a near top tier IMO.
I think of the tackle as more of an anti-projectile DHC than something you use on reaction, like X-23's Weapon X Prime. I don't think he needs any changes. He's an air dash character with She-Hulk's OP Vanilla slide that gets full combos from any throw. That's enough to be high tier right there. The rest is just gravy, and his damage is enormous.

So basically Spencer. I don't prescribe to using health as a metric of tools given to a character and neither should Capcom. It's a bad design IMO, health should be distributed based on size of character not on toolset. Sentinel being a large character should have more health. There is no reason why a 1 million health character can't have both dash cancellable normals and an air dash. Mobility is WAY too important in this game to deny some characters. Thor has the highest health in the game yet is way more mobile than the other heavy characters in the game plus he has a projectile AND an air command grab. Their system just doesn't make sense and quite frankly is arbitrary at times.
Spencer doesn't have an air dash in the normal sense, which is what I was referring to. Spencer needs a nerf anyway, though. Of course toolset should determine health. You can't just look at Sentinel and say "he's huge, let's give him 1.3 million", because then you're making Sentinel Force too good as an assist. Thor has normals with shitty hitboxes that are also slow. I think he's pretty well balanced. Besides, do you really want Dormammu to get a health buff? lol

If you really want to stick to the whole health thing then I would be perfectly fine with all those buffs AND take down Iron Man's health to 900K. The Repulsor Spread assist I would actually change to soft knockdown, don't know why I wanted to keep the hard knockdown. It should be like the Haggar assist, a great get off me move but doesn't give you a win assist if you can self OTG. Also Iron Man can't charge his Smart Bombs in MVC2 but the charged version that I proposed are basically what his default bombs were in MVC2 (slower, different trajectories, more of them etc.). I wanted IM to have the option of both, a faster Smart Bomb to pepper and harass opponents with and a slower Smart Bomb to help him approach with like Magnetic Blasts.
I'm good with that.

Also if you are fine with the IM changes then I am fine with the Firebrand changes except for the unblockable as an assist and MAYBE the LB buffs. That's something that I want to see more in action then judge.
Fair enough. I'm not about making my own characters great. It's not about character envy. I just look at characters and think "there's potential to be more here, they have a good idea and it can be fleshed out". That's how I look at Firebrand. He has a great concept going for him, but some of it just needs adjusting. I love that Magneto has Attraction/Repulsion/Gravitation now. Fucking badass moves. I wish that Storm could still call assists during Float, because it was a unique and cool feature she had. I wish Storm had some better zoning options that fit her character.

I still want buffs to Dormammu. Most people think that's crazy, but it's just how I am. I think every character should have good assist options, and I think it's dumb that 0D3C is useless. I think all of his Liberations should have some utility.

Maybe some day I'd come up with a "master list" of changes to the cast. I'd Marvel this game to a new level.

does anyone here main thor? is he a viable point character?
He's viable. You want a really strong horizontal assist to back him up. When I was practicing for a GFAQs tournament that banned your top 10 most used characters, I used Thor/Deadpool/Arthur. The goal was to make a team to show that Thor is a good character. I actually had to cancel my attendance because of family stuff, but I played against my regular sparring partner, who is a Thor main, and beat him. The daggers are big for Thor. Katanarama! was there to get full combos off of Thor's air throws, because you tend to get them a lot in my experience. Deadpool/Arthur have a natural synergy. I loved it, personally. Thor's Mighty Smash assist is really strong, and the best alpha counter in the game. It's a really good assist for Dormammu, too. You can charge 3 dark spells and release 3D0C before your opponent recovers from the Mighty Smash assist mid-combo. Very sexy. IIRC Crimsonspider uses Dormammu/Thor.

Dahbomb

Oh sorry Karsts I didn't see your Diablo 3 question.

I don't even know where to start but I will tryl to keep this as level headed as possible.

*DRM is a joke for Diablo 3. A lot of the times you can't even play the game in between server crashes and constant maintenance. It's better than it was from launch but it's still pretty bad. In fact just as I am typing, Diablo 3 server is down for maintenance. It has been down since like 5 AM. The numerous issues that I will list down the line basically support the fact that Blizzard had no precedence for this and what they actually used as pros for DRM are actually ending up being not true.

*Auction House is a joke, economy is a joke and itemization is a joke. Action house has some of the worst UI known to man, lags like crazy and is offline more times than the actual game. Over half the items cannot usually be purchased like commodities because Blizzard doesn't know WTF to do about that so they are basically winging it at this point. Economy is a joke because botting is now rampant meaning gold influx is crazy high. They did fix the gold farm spots a ton but still it's way too easy to farm gold in general. This combined with the shitty itemization in Diablo 3 (items are mostly crap and when someone gets that godlike rare roll he basically hit the lottery) makes for a scenario where even decent/mid level items are dirt cheap on the AH but the top/end game items go for tens of millions of gold. The average non exploiting player can't get that much money without constant grind where as the botters and exploiters are just cornering the market on high end gear to save up for the RMAH which is going to be a bigger joke than the current AH.

*Once you hit LVL60 cap in Diablo 3, game is pretty much broken on Inferno. Gear check is ridiculously high on Act 2 and then again on Act 3. You don't get gear good enough in Act 1 to tackle Act 2, you basically need to farm gold on Act 1 or farm items to sell on AH to buy Act 2 level items from the AH to progress. They are supposedly going to fix this in an incoming patch though. Elite/Rare affixes are totally broken. Melee classes can't do anything about some of the affixes and just get mauled. Glass cannon builds are the only real viable builds aside from acquiring gear that will cost you hundreds of millions in gold. And Glass cannon builds get destroyed by Reflect Damage and Invulnerable mobs which you basically have to reload the game to progress. Some classes like the DH are currently non-viable in Hardcore mode because even if they tank up they are likely to get one shotted by a majority of attacks in the game and let me tell you starting in Act 2 and above a ton of moves that enemies are capable of doing you can't even interrupt them or dodge them. Yes that's right, if an enemy has locked on to your hit box while in melee range you cannot run away from them to dodge it like you could in D2. What happens is that some enemies have a teleport where they just teleport next to you and kill you instantly. Or some enemies lash you with their tongues off screen and one shot you. Build viability has been turned to shit in Inferno because only a very small percentage of skills are actually usable in Inferno. All of the DHs use the same 6-7 skills as every other DH.

*Farming is a massive chore in the game. The proper way to farm in the game which is to acquire 5 stacks of NV (you get one stack after killing an Elite or Champion) to boost your MF/GF and then run an act. The problem with this is that the risk/reward ratio is fucking terrible. Given the insane affixes on some of the mobs you are bound to run into a combination that will kill you a few times putting a dent on your farming. The real farmers are just abusing way points and smashing pots/chests (which has been nerfed) or farming Goblins (not nerfed, everyone is now farming them now). It's a NO RISK high reward way of farming and it's completely dumb and monotonous. They will probably nerf this and buff NV runs in the upcoming patch but I am commenting on the current situation.

*Hotfixes and nerfs. Yesterday something happened which basically prompted me to make this message. Apparently there was a gold exploit trick discovered on the Asian servers which allowed you to DUPE GOLD (I am not going to go into the details of this). People in Korea were running around with golds in the BILLIONS. Economy in the Asian market was all sorts of fucked, Blizzard ran an emergency maintenance and handed out rollbacks. The Asian players got so salty over this that they hatched an elaborate scheme to troll the NA/EU players and convinced almost everyone that the gold exploit exists on the NA servers too (hence my comments about the trolls). A shit storm ensued, people started asking for rollbacks and Blizzard started damage control. That is the basis of the maintenance that is going on currently, to fix a gold exploit that never made it to the NA server. And Blizzard at around 3 AM put out a hotfix and then denied that the exploit was fixed or that it even existed. Blizzard has been stealth hotfix nerfing a lot of stuff in the game and just like Capcom they don't even put in complete changelogs anymore.

*There are a shit ton of other issues with the game. The Blacksmith crafting system is totally broken and is basically a super high gamble at best, a gamble which is rendered pointless by the AH. Gem crafting is also super expensive and rendered useless by the AH. A ton of disjointed hit boxes all over the game. Already talked about the itemization and how the Legendary/Unique items in the game pale in comparison to some good roll Rares even Magics especially on weapons. Loot in general is terrible even with 200+ MF with 5 stacks of NV (although they plan to fix this along with the legendaries, Black smith and Gem crafting). I already touched on the melee vs range balance and how melee players have to work and play literally 10 times harder than a ranged character. They fixed this recently but just a few days ago playing Inferno in groups was actually punished severely because mobs did way more damage and had way more HP (like 440% more health with 4 players). Their healths are still high but the damage has been toned down. The "wall" that is in between Act 1 and Act 2 is one of the biggest walls I have seen in gaming. You can face roll auto attack through Act 1 without even breaking a sweat but you go into Act 2 and you will get killed by 2 white enemies... You play the game for an additional 100 hours to farm the gold to buy the gear necessary to beat Act 2 because you sure as fuck can't find that loot in Act 1 or even beginning of Act 2. Then you finally beat Act 2 and realize that you put so much money into adding Resistances/Armor/HP that your DPS is not high enough to progress in Act 3. And then you hit wall#2 which requires even a bigger escalation in gear check to progress.

Hawkeye has his somersaults for solo cross-ups that lead into full combos.
That mix up is his only mix up and it's very easy to scout out. Ryu has better mix ups than Hawkeye...

Strange issues are that his Mystic Sword L whiffs on small characters and that's one of his safest moves. SoV using in mid air to end a combo near the combo can get you hit even if completed the combo because it's recovery is so bad. His normals in general are pretty bad both in priority and in frame data and ALL of his mobility options aside from his teleport are bad and saying that you should just use his teleport for mobility is just nonsense. No teleport cross up in the corner significantly hurts his mix up game at that space when some characters can easily cross up in the corner like Zero, Wesker etc. His Illusion counter is pretty much broken thanks to auto correct moves, it needs an overhaul. Disc of Denak are fairly insignificant projectiles for the amount of start up they have both as an assist and on point plus a ton of moves leave him prone in the air. He also has no way to protect directly underneath him when he is rushed down a problem similar to what Iron Man has. He also gets no combos off of throws aside from using a meter and XF and I know other characters can't combo off of throws either but with someone like Strange with low health and bad mobility in terms of space creation he definitely needs that threat of air throw combos. He is pretty much a teleport character with some gimmicks without having some very important fundamental tools.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
That Hawkeye mixup is risky and bad. If it's blocked he's super fucked.

And there is really only one mixup since he only has 1 command jump that crosses up.

Dahbomb

After typing that long post and venting some D3 frustration... I thought I got it out of my system and turned on D3.

They launched )more like rushed) the Real Money Auction House....

Ohwow.jpg

And people are BUYING shitty items for $250!!! HAHAHA.... what is wrong with gamers these days?

Hey there Marvel Gaf. I decided to get back into the game after watching ECT4. I played a bit of MVC3 when it came out and a lot of MVC2 back in the day, but overall I am fairly new to mvc3.

I decided to pick MSS since its close to MSP i guess which is what I ran in MVC2, even though I was never really all that good at the game.

I've had little trouble with storm and sent, already able to do a lot with them and control their games pretty well. Storm seems really, really strong to me in umvc3. I love much she can do if the opponent calls an assist when I can predict it.

That being said, I've been tossing hulk in for magneto because I just can't seem to get his timings down, but I really want to.

Any advice on where to start? I can't even do trial 9 with him. I feel the trials teach you a bit about the game, and mostly this one hints towards the hypergrav loops that I hope to practice non stop for a few weeks, but I need to figure out this damn trial first.

How am I supposed to hit the second standing H after the second air dash loop? I have little trouble hitting the dash down Air H but the second standing one never comes out. I watched Desk's combo video and he is doing it really fast. When I try to do it as fast as he does, I always dash too far down and am unable to hit H. I'm using a pad with dash mapped to R1 so I can hit it really quick.

I guess I'm really just looking for some advice on how to being practicing magneto, and some help with the timings on Trial 9 because I think that's invaluable to my progression.

kirblar

After typing that long post and venting some D3 frustration... I thought I got it out of my system and turned on D3.

Ohwow.jpg

And people are BUYING shitty items for $250!!! HAHAHA.... what is wrong with gamers these days?
These are Level 60 bad items, right?

JeTmAn81

I'm in agreement about Deadpool being pretty awesome. I really hate playing a good Deadpool. You have to stay in the air or they will lock you into a guns-teleport mixup which is really annoying. I need to get better with my own Deadpool play, because I run a Hulk/Deadpool/Doom team, and Deadpool plus missiles makes for some sick keepaway. That team maintains its synergy really well after Hulk gets killed, though I prefer to keep Hulk as long as possible to minimize time spent with solo Doom (also, my Doom is ass). This team actually won me a match as a counterpick in a tournament I played on Saturday. I went 1-2 with my Wesker/Dante/Strider team against Zero/Morridoom. Switched to Hulk and he just couldn't handle it.

Additionally, after running into a really nasty XF3 Deadpool online I think I will be snapping in anchor Deadpool in the future as well.

@Dahbomb: Damn. Thanks for typing all that out. It's really sad that they turned it into a gear-based game. In Diablo II, aside from needing a good weapon for weapon-based classes, you could clear the whole game on Hell Difficulty with basic gear. Sure, better gear made it a lot easier, but everything was doable. My only point of contention is that I think Rares should have the potential to be better than Legendary and Unique items. It keeps the item farm interesting. Diablo II: LoD ruined itemization by making pre-set items the best in the game.

That Hawkeye mixup is risky and bad. If it's blocked he's super fucked.

And there is really only one mixup since he only has 1 command jump that crosses up.
Risky and bad, but he has it, and you can cover it with an assist. You also get the benefit of people not really wanting to pushblock Hawkeye. It's hard for me to do anything with Firebrand beyond Bon Voyage hits because people pushblock everything immediately, and he doesn't have any kind of decent sustained pressure.

You're right, there's really only one mix-up, but it's still one more than Firebrand has when acting alone.

Damn, get in on that. Must be kids using Mom and Dad's credit card?

I don't understand how development teams take so much longer to make "top tier" games these days, and everything feels rushed and incomplete. What's going on in gaming these days?

How am I supposed to hit the second standing H after the second air dash loop? I have little trouble hitting the dash down Air H but the second standing one never comes out. I watched Desk's combo video and he is doing it really fast. When I try to do it as fast as he does, I always dash too far down and am unable to hit H. I'm using a pad with dash mapped to R1 so I can hit it really quick.

I guess I'm really just looking for some advice on how to being practicing magneto, and some help with the timings on Trial 9 because I think that's invaluable to my progression.
You're dashing through buttons and not double-taps, right?

There are no words. An item like this shouldn't even be on the AH much less be selling for anything about 1 cent. The good items are selling at max price of $250 already and they aren't even THAT good.
Get in on that! Put up every piece of crap you can find for 50 cents or something. Why would anyone prefer to pay cash over gold, though? Mind-blowing unless you're rich.

I'm in agreement about Deadpool being pretty awesome. I really hate playing a good Deadpool. You have to stay in the air or they will lock you into a guns-teleport mixup which is really annoying. I need to get better with my own Deadpool play, because I run a Hulk/Deadpool/Doom team, and Deadpool plus missiles makes for some sick keepaway. That team maintains its synergy really well after Hulk gets killed, though I prefer to keep Hulk as long as possible to minimize time spent with solo Doom (also, my Doom is ass). This team actually won me a match as a counterpick in a tournament I played on Saturday. I went 1-2 with my Wesker/Dante/Strider team against Zero/Morridoom. Switched to Hulk and he just couldn't handle it.

Additionally, after running into a really nasty XF3 Deadpool online I think I will be snapping in anchor Deadpool in the future as well.
Anchor Deadpool makes my blood boil. I'd rather fight XF4 Wesker than an XF3 Deadpool.

kirblar

There are no words. An item like this shouldn't even be on the AH much less be selling for anything about 1 cent. The good items are selling at max price of $250 already and they aren't even THAT good.
Time to sell off some gear! :D (I have a pair of crappy legendary barb boots for level 12 lol)

Time to sell off some gear! :D (I have a pair of crappy legendary barb boots for level 12 lol)

@Karsticles

yeah I have R1 set to L + M and R2 set to M + H so i can do rush downs with both L and H attacks on mag/storm easier.

It came out there once, but it feels sloppy. I don't know how you can do trial 9 so fast. The only way I can do it is by pausing between inputs. I hold back between Standing H and standing S for instance.

@Karsticles

yeah I have R1 set to L + M and R2 set to M + H so i can do rush downs with both L and H attacks on mag/storm easier.

It came out there once, but it feels sloppy. I don't know how you can do trial 9 so fast. The only way I can do it is by pausing between inputs. I hold back between Standing H and standing S for instance.
Oh okay. I'm used to using a stick. That's probably best for you. I can't think of any advice other than to keep practicing, then.

Where is your avatar from?

Azure J

I swear, there's going to be a point where I just plateau and say "fuck it, only doing what I'm capable of and screw everything else". I'm trying to learn how to plink dash on the ground and man, I suck at this shit. :lol

Thing is, if I can get something like this down, I would feel sooooo much more comfortable with playing footsies and emergency bailouts.

Kioshen

http://youtu.be/t64_zLSm-4s (Mission mode runthrough)
http://youtu.be/zjtEDM3EXpA (Basic Fly loop)

I can't help you much because I'm starting from scratch on marvel myself but here's two videos that should help you get started. Learn to hit confirm the basic fly loop from throw, low, random Air H and learn his movement tricks like tri-dash mix ups or fly away tri dash to escape. This should keep you occupied for a while. Afterwards, learn his hyper grav corner loop or emp corner loop to maximize your corner carry.

Watch some of the top Magnus players videos to see how they approach things like F.Champ, Fanatiq, Rayray, Joker, Allioune etc

I swear, there's going to be a point where I just plateau and say "fuck it, only doing what I'm capable of and screw everything else". I'm trying to learn how to plink dash on the ground and man, I suck at this shit. :lol

Thing is, if I can get something like this down, I would feel sooooo much more comfortable with playing footsies and emergency bailouts.

Is it just me, or does Dante rolling back like that look hilarious?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Plink dashes just take a bit of time. I can do it and I have pretty bad execution (see: the characters I play).

I haven't used it mid-match yet, except for doing over the other player's character once the match is over to be a dick.

Another note about Thor: his damage is ass compared to the other heavies.

You always reach new levels eventually. When the game came out I wanted to play Morrigan but couldn't because fly/unfly was too hard for me execution-wise on a stick. Now it feels pretty natural to me, which isn't to say I never mess it up. Though I'm terrible at remembering to do her jump loops - I always go straight into launcher like a fool.

Bizazedo

Hey Chavelo, you around tonight on the 360?

And yes, Nova is garbage. Needs buffs. Please buff Nova.

You do not understand the ruin I could cause if Nova's tackle was invincible on start up (in short, it'd be broken).

Dahbomb

Get in on that! Put up every piece of crap you can find for 50 cents or something. Why would anyone prefer to pay cash over gold, though? Mind-blowing unless you're rich.
No way I am going to get in on that as 15% of the sale price goes to Blizzard. No way I am paying Blizzard anymore for this game.

Grakl

Wow at this Diablo 3 hate.

I completely agree. Can't wait for Torchlight II, hahaha

I'm getting a fight stick soon. Done playing with this pad; already know how to use an arcade stick so it won't be a bad transition.

Dahbomb

Diablo 3 from LVLs 1-59 is a great game, very fun and engaging in the combat with high production values. You can just play the game with every class from 1-60LVL and beat Hell while still being satisfied. You won't be terribly challenged but at least you will have fun.

Diablo 3 at LVL60 onwards on Inferno is LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Thor does better damage than Tron and She Hulk especially with an assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom