• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Get a console and the game!
Actually I put it through Blizzard.net account. The money I make on the AH will go to that account and I can only buy Blizzard products with that. I should be able to make enough money to pay off Diablo 3, Starcraft 2 and the expansion. After that I need to link it to a Paypal account to cash out real money. You can't cash out Blizzard.net money.

That's still not half bad and being able to make up the money you put into the game especially D3... I will take it I guess.

Wha, what kind of damage are you getting out of Thor?
Like 750K. I'm not saying his damage is bad, just that it's bad compared to the other heavies. Part of it is that he doesn't have a level 3, so you cap out easy.

I'm getting a fight stick soon. Done playing with this pad; already know how to use an arcade stick so it won't be a bad transition.
Grats!

I bit the bullet and put half of my gear on the RMAH. If I sell even half of it I should be able to pay off SC2 + HoS expansion.

I am a shitty human being and a Blizzard fantard. :(

Marvel gods please SAVE ME!!!!
Wait what? Can your RMAH money only go toward Blizzard stuff? You can't make RL money from it?

Actually I put it through Blizzard.net account. The money I make on the AH will go to that account and I can only buy Blizzard products with that. I should be able to make enough money to pay off Diablo 3, Starcraft 2 and the expansion. After that I need to link it to a Paypal account to cash out real money. You can't cash out Blizzard.net money.

That's still not half bad and being able to make up the money you put into the game especially D3... I will take it I guess.
I know you said it here, but I just want to be sure because I thought that was the whole point...

Well, isn't he meant to get grab resets though? That pretty much kills everyone that guesses wrong just once unless I misremember how much damage he does.
What character doesn't kill off a reset?

mr. puppy

Banned
everybody needs to watch fanatiq dissect a match he had with i think filipino champ, where he explains a lot of his choices with magneto. he does an amazing job of explaining one of his block strings piece by piece starting at about 18: http://www.twitch.tv/fgtvlive/b/319469294?t=12m

if you want to learn magneto, there is no better place to start. i'm already trying to take a bunch of this stuff and apply it to me ass-tastic firebrand game with firebrand/dante/task.

Yeah can't play. Either have to play on a broken PS3 that the buttons for on and off do not work half the time and with a controller that forces me to jump and another that the R2 button sticks.

All other remotes are worn off as well.

I moved from Thor to playing Dorm though. I still love Thor.

Karst, were you runnign an OTG assist to set up the mighty strike loop? You use an OTG to relaunch them then use mighty strike to extend the combo and he should be able to reach a million. Pretty much goes forward, up forward, up, might tornado.

Also Spidey needs these addition as moves:

A+S: Spidery Sense- L dodges lows and can be cancelled into web zip. M dodges projectiles and can be cancelled into web ball. H dodges high and can be cancelled into spider sting. Only can be cancelled on hit.

QCF+S: Snare Ball- higher durability web ball that holds the opponent to the ground for a set time.

QCB +S: Web Net- air only move that puts opponent into a web net for a set amount time. Works on only ground opponents and is a hit.

D,D+AA: All you got?- Counter hyper. L+M counters physicals. M+H counters projectiles. L+H counters grabs. Air ok. Does 350k unscaled.

vg260

Some of these would be cool. wish they scrapped his old moveset and started fresh. Really needs a spider sense move or a web hammer OTG. Web ball could be much cooler/better.

So I hear Hitbox is finally almost ready to release the PS3/360 controllers after being on the waitlist for 13 months.

I'll finally be able to start playing my C.Viper/Storm/Ammy team ^_^

I like Magneto/Sentinel/Raccoon, but to be honest I just really like tri-jumping a lot. I get so annoyed playing Sentinel and Raccoon. Once Magneto dies, I just feel like giving up. Spencer/Vergil/Magneto is way more fun because Spencer's close air zip to low/command grab mixup isn't really different from a tridash mixup and his movement and damage are too much fun.

I do think that drones and trap are the best pairs for the way I play magneto, and with them I feel like the king of the world, but I just can't deal with these guys. I have no interest in using them in training mode, it's just a drag.

Spooky is uploading the matches but if you want to watch it now...

http://www.youtube.com/user/MyPlumpkins2/videos

Thanks so much.

Dahbomb

http://shoryuken.com/2012/06/12/wakeup-srk-with-keits-and-skisonic-streaming-live-4/

WakeUp SRK to discuss the current meta game of UMVC3 (plus some ECT4 discussion) featuring the EVO Champ Jay Schneider Viscant. I would like to take this time to remind people that last year Viscant basically predicted the top 8 and winner of EVO with 90% accuracy. Needless to say if you are interested in the Marvel meta game of the next few months this is a required listen.

Grecco

http://shoryuken.com/2012/06/12/wakeup-srk-with-keits-and-skisonic-streaming-live-4/

WakeUp SRK to discuss the current meta game of UMVC3 (plus some ECT4 discussion) featuring the EVO Champ Jay Schneider Viscant. I would like to take this time to remind people that last year Viscant basically predicted the top 8 and winner of EVO with 90% accuracy. Needless to say if you are interested in the Marvel meta game of the next few months this is a required listen.

Ooh ill listen. Even if i think Skizonic is terrible.

Yeah can't play. Either have to play on a broken PS3 that the buttons for on and off do not work half the time and with a controller that forces me to jump and another that the R2 button sticks.
Do you ever play online? I don't recall you ever taking me up on my offers to play on the PS3.

Karst, were you runnign an OTG assist to set up the mighty strike loop? You use an OTG to relaunch them then use mighty strike to extend the combo and he should be able to reach a million. Pretty much goes forward, up forward, up, might tornado.
Naw. I am aware of that though...stupid OTG assists being so good.

My Rocket Raccoon

Ok you have a point there.
lol, nice.

You know you want to summarize it and give your own thoughts. ;-)

Anyway Dahbomb, I saw Prometheus tonight with my wife. She thought it was a "meh" movie, giving it a 6/10. I thought it was well done, and give it an 8/10. It wasn't perfect, but I liked most of it despite the "we really came from aliens" angle, which really needs to die a horrible death in science fiction ASAP. Why exactly do you think the film was so terrible? And as an MD, what were your thoughts on the abdominal surgery scene?

Honestly, the peak of our experience wasn't Prometheus at all, though, but the trailer for...dun-dun-dun - Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. ROFL. What the fuck is that? We were laughing so hard I was almost embarrassed for disturbing the theater, and no one else seemed to see how hilariously stupid the idea is.

Avengers was starting right as Prometheus ended, so we tried to sneak into the theater across the hallway. We were successful, but right before the film started we got a notification that 3D glasses are needed, which we clearly did not have. -_- Film theft: failed.

Honestly, the peak of our experience wasn't Prometheus at all, though, but the trailer for...dun-dun-dun - Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. ROFL. What the fuck is that? We were laughing so hard I was almost embarrassed for disturbing the theater, and no one else seemed to see how hilariously stupid the idea is.

It is the stupidest thing I've seen done to Abraham Lincoln in fiction next to "reviving" him by making the Lincoln Memorial a sentient, giant, hypnotising robot.
If anyone gets the refence I'll be happy :D

I need to see that movie.

Chavelo

Good games to Biz. I feel like I was able to get a hold to your Zero (learned to actually watch my feet! :O) but my main problem was that I kept dropping the easy combos or not hit confirming... anything. :(

It's great that I get to play someone like you, though. I get to see my huge flaws and I need to work on that. Locally, I duke it out with a couple of dudes, and the way I play I open them up most of the time doesn't let me level up.

Good stuff, man!

BUT FUCK YOUR NOVA GRABS, YO! QQ

Dahbomb

THANK YOU BASED VISCANT for putting people on blast who put Iron Man in bottom tier. He spend a good portion of the podcast defending IM and highlighting his strengths, justifying his spot as top 8 on a team. Stay godlike Jay...

Why exactly do you think the film was so terrible? And as an MD, what were your thoughts on the abdominal surgery scene?
I thought the first act was excellent, from the breathtaking cinematography and visuals, to the score, to the sci-fi theme of the origin of mankind, the atmosphere and the acting of some of the characters especially Fassbender as the Android on board. Everything leading up to the latter half of the movie was great but everything in the 2nd act was abysmal script wise.

Let's start with the scientists who don't act like scientists in the entire movie. The geologist who had no interest in rocks on an extraterrestrial planet and got lost in a cave DESPITE having 3D generated maps of the environment that are transferred to the ship's main control board. Or the biologist who does not know how to handle a clearly hostile new life form and attempts to pet it like some average joe or has no interest in a dead completely new life form. The android going around messing with alien doors despite being told not to was also really awkward and it culminated at the end with the whole flute scene (I mean seriously...). There is also a major issue in the exact function of the "black goo" which is clearly supposed to be a weapon of mass destruction and destroyer of life. The black goo functioned completely different in certain scenarios and the way the black goo ended up being a xenomorph was just completely illogical. One time it was making people into zombies, other time it had a latent contagious phase and other times it transformed smaller insects completely. Lots of inconsistencies in what they wanted the black goo to be aside from the end product being a xenomorph.

The exact point in the movie where the movie turned from good to bad was after the abdominal surgery scene. Not the scene itself, I mean yea the whole "male only" thing was sort of ridiculous when they could've just mentioned that this machine is not programmed for obstetric procedures. She programmed the machine to remove a foreign body which was smart because that was exactly what was happening but she programmed for an abdominal surgery not a surgery of the uterus. The way that xenomorph was extracted looked like it was outside the uterus not inside. It's not that big of a deal but the real big deal is that after she is done with the surgery and runs around the ship with 8 staples on her abdomen NO ONE stops to questions why she has staples on her abdomen or that she had an alien extracted from her body.

There is also no reason given as to why Shaw was needed at the near final scene of the engineer/space jockey confrontation. That whole scene was just really poorly executed with the alien acting like just some generic slasher movie monster killing everyone in sight. There is also no explanation given as to how these guys figure out he is going to go nuke earth or if he is going to do that in the first place. And the captain decides to heroically give his life for some greater common good and the 2 co-pilots decide to join in on the fun? Get out of here with that bull crap. I also could not be the only person who thought that Charlize Theron's left analog stick was messed up and she couldn't move left or right. That was one of the most nonsensical death scenes I have seen in the entire franchise and there are a lot of nonsensical death scenes.

There is then the issue of Shaw helping the android despite figuring out that he helped kill his husband. And why the hell is the android in the exact same spot on the ship before AND after the crash? The movie also convoluted the xenomorph life cycle dramatically to the point where essentially stars had to align for the creature to come to life (there is a flow chart of it I don't want to go over how exactly it's terrible) despite clearly in the giant head room the xenomorph was depicted on the mural.

The characters themselves were also pretty one dimensional or just plain bad aside from the main 3. The characterization and the script given to the actors was just low grade stuff. Guy Pierce's face CG was terribly obvious and so was the CG on the xenomorph at the end, which is shocking for a movie with such high overall quality in the visuals. In the end though movie ends up being disappointing for a lot of reasons most specifically being obvious script issues, plot holes, convolution and bad characterizations. It does have it's good points... most importantly the theme of the movie dealing with the origin of mankind and the role in Christianity as well as the whole concept of faith/belief intertwined with mythology. Like mentioned the presentation is absolutely top notch and so is the acting some of the actors despite having a pretty terrible script to work with. Someone compared the script/plot to Lost and I would agree 100%. The actual direction was stellar but they totally botched the script which just makes this movie into a hollow shell of it's self. I have more particular issues with the movie that I have probably forgotten or blacked out since I saw the movie. Meh 6/10 is exactly what I would rate it and the 6 is mostly on the merit of the stellar first act.

Bizazedo

Good games to Biz. I feel like I was able to get a hold to your Zero (learned to actually watch my feet! :O) but my main problem was that I kept dropping the easy combos or not hit confirming... anything. :(

It's great that I get to play someone like you, though. I get to see my huge flaws and I need to work on that. Locally, I duke it out with a couple of dudes, and the way I play I open them up most of the time doesn't let me level up.

Good stuff, man!

BUT FUCK YOUR NOVA GRABS, YO! QQ

Haha, yeah GG's. And Zero is fantastic to make people learn to watch their feet :).

I feel Taskmaster is a great match up vs Zero (at least even imo), btw, so that was good you were learning what to do versus Zero with him.

As for Nova..

Nova's amazing, ain't he? /in love.

Prometheus.

Dahbomb, the reason it
was programmed for male only..

Was because it was really for Weyland and he gave no shits for the crew.

But yeah, I thought it was bad as well.

Dahbomb

Viscant's Ultimate Marvel meta-game discussion pre-CEO/EVO:

*States that ECT was easily the best Marvel tournament thus far in terms of level of play. Was truly engaged in the tournament not just as a player scouting other player's tech but rather enjoying the game. Regrets not being there but will be at CEO.

*Viscant mentioned that there was a lot of energy in the room and the pressure got to a few players especially Combofiend. The whole Plasma Storm moment was brought up where Combofiend not only teched the wrong way but forgot to XFC at the end of the Plasma Storm to get a free punish. Viscant chalked it up to a RARE Combofied choke moment and said that the pressure in the room probably got to him.

*Fanatiq/RayRay MM was touched upon but it was mostly talk about how Fanatiq's general hit confirms/abare and set ups were excellent and how Fanatiq adjusted to RayRay by dashing underneath him and mixing him up which RayRay didn't catch up on. Said that Fanatiq basically gave away the first few matches to download RayRay as expected.

*He really enjoyed the FChamp vs ChrisG match from a technical level. Discussion then shifted to Dormammu and how important he was in the match and how important he was in the match. Viscant stresses the difference in execution of derp MastaCJ Dorm and technical FChamp Dorm. Said that the way FChamp was using the 2D1C pillars in the fight was unlike anything he has seen from any other players and loved the fact that FChamp was willing to trade hits with it because it was in his favor. Said that he expects more Dorm in the meta game and he deserves to have teams built around it but he doubts there will be more FChamp type Dorm's but rather more MastaCJ type Dorms.

*3/5 Marvel was brought up and basically they all agreed how it's a much better option for Marvel. Keits mentioned that an average set of 3/5 Marvel takes less time than SF4 and that pools of Marvel end very fast even 3/5 because it's basically a ton of scrub stomping with 3/5 but at semi-finals/top 8 it takes a bit more time. Viscant stated that it's going to feel like a step down going from all these 3/5 tournaments to 2/3 EVO.

*Brings up his personal team tier list and said that it still holds even after UFGT/ECT. Viscant said that Wesker anchor teams on his list was probably controversial but recent tournament results have proven his rating and said that in certain situations Wesker on anchor is gimping a team especially against MorriDoom. He still feels that Wesker was overall nerfed from Vanilla whereas Dorm was buffed.

*Focus of discussion changes to characters who are tournament viable (Keits basically listed 20 characters real fast that Viscant listed in the previous WakeUp) and discussion was more about which characters were non viable in a top 8. Viscant said that before ECT he had pegged She Hulk but then Combofiend proved him wrong and saw some new tech on She Hulk in the matches that he liked. Someone brought up Iron Man and Viscant immediately shot that down. Put EC on blast saying that IM in bottom is as bad as putting Storm in low tier. Talked about how Iron Man has great assists especially for someone like Wesker/Spencer, how he is able to convert combos from spaces most characters can't, how he has great TAC combos and that his combos are very damaging. He ends by saying that Hsien Ko and Chun Li are probably the 2 worst characters and that even TA Wright is a threat in the game.

*Controller advantage and dirty little tricks in competitive fighting games were brought up. Stuff like looking at people's hands for TAC tendencies, dummy buttons to fake mashing and getting reads on opponents. Fanatiq's controller was mentioned a lot, might've been a true krytonite because of the way it distracts the opponent.

*MorriDoom was touched upon, mentioned some counter strategies and that he feels that right now MorriDoom isn't like Phoenix where you can learn the character/set up in 5 hours, it actually takes work. He expects only 1 top player to use her now and that number may grow to 2 more and then after quite a while it will be like Spiral/Sentinel where a lot more people would use it. Labels MorriDoom as a "barrier of entry" in tournaments meaning you have to have a counter team ready for it or expect to lose a tournament.

*Final topic of discussion was more on players and who the top 10 best players were. Here's what he said and this is probably not in order:

1) ChrisG: Very consistent, a major threat, MorriDoom is a "barrier of entry" in tournament levels of play. Has a ton of EVO points.

2) MarlinPie: Inconsistent in tournaments but very skilled otherwise. 3/5 greatly increase his changes of winning EVO.

3) Justin Wong: Even with a shitty Vergil he was getting far, imagine what he would do when he knows what he's doing with the character. Always a strong pick.

4) Yipes: Strong player picking strong team, tournament play shaky

5) PRBalrog: Probably the most skilled player in Marvel according to Viscant but may not be able to go the full distance

6) FChamp: Viscant pegs FChamp to have the most likely change of winning EVO even though he may not be the most skillful. He says that FChamp having 2 strong teams gives him an edge.

7) Flocker: Plays 2 very strong teams but has under performed in tournaments and drops matches despite outplaying the opponent.

8) Chou: Viscant states that he is very consistent at Marvel, plays a very strong team and is a major threat to be in top 8. More importantly in that even though his team is like an American team, he has some Japanese tricks that make him dangerous.

9) Mihe: Said that if it's the same Mihe from Final Round he is a major threat because he plays arguably the best team in the game and knows actually how to play it. But his presence at EVO is questionable as is his current practice time with the game.

10) Fanatiq: Viscant stated that Fanatiq is obviously a long set match mentality player who likes to drop games to download players which you can't do in a tournament setting. Said that he is extremely skilled and is one of the players who puts in the most lab time in the game.

*Viscant states that he is FINALLY "ready" for UMVC3 after 7-8 months. He said that he has at least 3 teams in his bank including his new team of Wesker/Dorm/Doom, his counter Morrigan team of Task/Dorm/Doom and his Phoenix team. He fancies himself to be in Top 8 EVO but states that he is way less consistent than he was in Vanilla and likes his changes in a 3/5 format. Said that he will be going in hard at CEO.

Dahbomb, the reason it was programmed for male only..

Was because it was really for Weyland and he gave no shits for the crew.
I know that but it was still poorly handled.

I see no combofiend, swap chou for combofiend.

Although some of combofiend's combos are a year old, and not optimized.. he can still do it based on his strong basics.

Dartastic

Oh my god, GAF. I think I've found it. I think I've found my team. After seeing Combofiend at E3 and him telling me to drop Strider and get a meat shield, I went back to the drawing board and messed around for a bit. I thought about putting Thor in a team, but that didn't quite work. So I did what Combo would do, and I picked up Spencer. Had my first match with Spencer, Nova, and Ammy in that order. Man. I LIKE THIS A LOT. The only problem is that I don't know what assist of Spencer's to use, but whatevs, he's on point. THIS IS GOOD. AND I'VE ONLY FOUGHT ONE MATCH. It's like, Spencer is a easier to play, heavier damaging Spider Man, and I always wanted to play Spidey. =D

THANK YOU BASED VISCANT for putting people on blast who put Iron Man in bottom tier. He spend a good portion of the podcast defending IM and highlighting his strengths, justifying his spot as top 8 on a team. Stay godlike Jay...

Ehh, I troll him because it's easy and if it weren't for Sentinel, he'd easily be the one most nerfed from MvC2. Also because I love the character outside of tournament play, as well as his history. Top tier in fun for sure.

He definitely has Psylocke potential though. Repulsor and Unibeam are that good. I just don't think there's anyone solid enough using him to make it happen.

Also, thanks for the Viscant recap, didn't wanna sift through the hour of WSRK.

*Brings up his personal team tier list and said that it still holds even after UFGT/ECT. Viscant said that Wesker anchor teams on his list was probably controversial but recent tournament results have proven his rating and said that in certain situations Wesker on anchor is gimping a team especially against MorriDoom. He still feels that Wesker was overall nerfed from Vanilla whereas Dorm was buffed.

Weird that people would argue this. Gun Teleport hitconfirm was EXTREME bullshit. And those first-frame active spells buff Dorm's defense hugely. I'm glad Viscant recognized that Champ was trying to trade with it -- that's exactly what any first-frame-active high-hitstun projectile (shoutouts to compound nouns) is for. Plus, Dark Matter special cancelability is a STRONG scrub-basher. Took me so long to respect it :lol

Vice

I saw their play, it's legit but I am unsure of their fundamentals. They have the execution and tech but how well can they survive in an American tournament or in long set is hard to say. Some of them are coming to EVO so hopefully we can get our answer there.

I think they've been working on their fundamentals. I believe they invite Neo and F.Champ down pretty often so they should be picking up on them.

Can't believe Viscant thinks that PR Rog does poorly in tourney conditions, when there's very few players who perform as consistently in majors as he does. If PR Rog doesn't make it into top 8 you can be sure half of the players in Viscan't list wouldn't make it into top 8, it'll mean that the competition is too strong and the outcome is too unpredictable.

Azure J

Hey Frantic, just wanted to ask you something in particular:

M - H - Stinger - BC Volcano - TK Revolver - Assist (Vajira) ~ walk up some - S - TK'd Million Carats - yadda yadda

I played around with your Strider assist shenanigans some recently and started wondering if this could be used as an alternate take for a starter.

Can't believe Viscant thinks that PR Rog does poorly in tourney conditions, when there's very few players who perform as consistently in majors as he does. If PR Rog doesn't make it into top 8 you can be sure half of the players in Viscan't list wouldn't make it into top 8, it'll mean that the competition is too strong and the outcome is too unpredictable.

Pr Rog only has one major win though (I think... NEC). I would have to agree with you though Pr Balrog is so underrated. He's problem is that he's too stubborn, and hates not attacking.... lol.

I don't know why Viscant is so high on Flocker or even Yipes. I mean Noel has had more success than Yipes.

Yipes to me is like Fanatiq. They do much better in a long set. Flocker is just a worst version of Marlin Pie. If you thought Marlin was inconsistent then you haven't seen Flocker.

Mihe is really good but he's unproven.

I don't see how you can not put Combofiend on that list. Viscant is a fucking 01er. He's seen Combo dominate with Justin for a fucking DECADE! He's been kicking ass before NOAH WAS EVEN BORN! WHEN WINRICH WAS IN DIAPERS! Not to mention he just ran a train on Fanatiq.... when he was helping Fanatiq practice for Ray Ray.

Dahbomb

What I got from his discussion wasn't that PRBalrog couldn't consistently make top 8, it was that he had trouble winning tournaments and his skill didn't reflect his performance. In his entire Marvel career he has only won one major, he usually loses in grand finals or loser finals to another player so it makes it a difficult bet to put him as a winner to EVO.

He did say he was the most skillful so he clearly thinks he is a major threat.

And yeah I am with God's Beard and Viscant, I got FChamp to take EVO. I stated this a long time ago, even before ECT. I also believe that FChamp is going to end up fighting against a Vergil player too.

shaowebb

This is why I never rule Ironman out as a threat.

That move is slick and screws with a ton of the most abused tactics in the game. It crushes assists, teleports, and sets up awesome stuff in combos and man does it create a ton of mixups and unblockables. He's got good assists. dhc's, and he can zone people hard and make life a general nightmare if people use him right plus that lvl 3.

People just prefer derp mode tactics with other cast that have high rewards over technical cast is my guess.

What I got from his discussion wasn't that PRBalrog couldn't consistently make top 8, it was that he had trouble winning tournaments and his skill didn't reflect his performance. In his entire Marvel career he has only won one major, he usually loses in grand finals or loser finals to another player so it makes it a difficult bet to put him as a winner to EVO.

He did say he was the most skillful so he clearly thinks he is a major threat.

And yeah I am with God's Beard and Viscant, I got FChamp to take EVO. I stated this a long time ago, even before ECT. I also believe that FChamp is going to end up fighting against a Vergil player too.

He's talking about a list of players to make top 8 in EVO. I will be extremely surprised if PR Rog doesn't make top 8 in EVO, since he's one of the most consistent players in making top 3 in majors.

My personal feeling is that J Wong will win, if he sticks to using his new team. I don't think people realize how derp and stupid his new team is, but on the long run I can see people complaining about it more than MorriDoom. That team is the closest we have gotten to a new MSP, shopping carts allow J Wong to apply pressure the way no other assist can. You block, he calls shopping cart and mix you up again. You up back, he air throws you. Even if J Wong ends up dropping more combos than OMGITZAndre it's extremely difficult for anyone to get out of this vortex.

If they change the format to 3/5 Fanatiq will be a dark horse to winning EVO. He is made for longer sets and his win in ECT was not a fluke.

i would like chris g to win evo but i think marlinpie takes it this year.

BTW, don't forget that East Coast players choked badly last year in EVO. Marlinpie, MastaCJ, ChrisG, Ryry all underperformed and failed to make top 16. Don't be surprise to see a repeat of that, fact is EVO has always been a West Coast event.

mr. puppy

Banned
just to put this out there....i'm willing to do an avatar bet with anybody that they somehow add The Lizard and whoever else is a bad guy in Spider man. The new spider man movie comes out right after EVO right, and the dev of marvel is going to be at EVO?

just to put this out there....i'm willing to do an avatar bet with anybody that they somehow add The Lizard and whoever else is a bad guy in Spider man. The new spider man movie comes out right after EVO right, and the dev of marvel is going to be at EVO?

Lots of fighting game developers are guaranteed to be at EVO. Haruda mentioned last year how he hoped to be able to come to the next EVO not for business but to play in the event. I think it was also mentioned somewhere that Capcom couldn't get the rights to Spiderman villains for MvC3.

Kioshen

This is why I never rule Ironman out as a threat.

That move is slick and screws with a ton of the most abused tactics in the game. It crushes assists, teleports, and sets up awesome stuff in combos and man does it create a ton of mixups and unblockables. He's got good assists. dhc's, and he can zone people hard and make life a general nightmare if people use him right plus that lvl 3.

People just prefer derp mode tactics with other cast that have high rewards over technical cast is my guess.

Wow thanks for that link. Lots of tricks and setups that goes outside of "here do this combo son you'll win with that". Finally some tech videos showing more of the intricacies of how to play marvel.

I have trouble blocking or opening people up so that's right up my alley.

Edit: Also big thanks to Dahbomb for the resume of this week's wsrk !

cednym

Banned
Lots of fighting game developers are guaranteed to be at EVO. Haruda mentioned last year how he hoped to be able to come to the next EVO not for business but to play in the event.
Niitsuma isn't a "fighting game person," though. He did great work on MvC3, but he's terrible at it, and he's admitted that he plays other genres in his free time. If he's coming to Evo, it's going to be work related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom