• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grifter

Trying to get over the hump here w/o playing Wesker and I'm picking up Ammy...

Did she lose that surfboard > super loop?

How should I be ending her combo from the default weapon?

Kimosabae

Banned
they made guard impact harder. they made the ability to deal with spamming... harder. more importantly, what have they done to siegfried!?

Posts like this concerning other games always amuse me. Have you considered the possibility that you don't know what you're talking about? In fact, what are you talking about? What's "spamming"? In what way is GI "harder"? Yes, SC5 doesn't play like SC4/3/2/1 just like UMVC3 doesn't play like MVC3/MVC2.

If you're looking for an excuse to continue playing Marvel, it doesn't have to come at the expense of SC5.

Solune

Trying to get over the hump here w/o playing Wesker and I'm picking up Ammy...

Did she lose that surfboard > super loop?

How should I be ending her combo from the default weapon?
Ammy didn't lose her loop as far as I know, I may be wrong since I don't use her myself.

Check out Bmeister42's Youtube.

Example combos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WriJPrJS58A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp-8E-5z86E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlO13er8cLc

Here's another vid from another user as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW_WJnds2No

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Don't know why, but I find it hard to believe more than half a million people bought this game.

I think they are buffing up the numbers to look good for their investors, but who know. I know few friends who bought the games but never went online. Most of my friends who owned mvc3 don't sign up for xbox live.

Yeah, they preferred to play local scenes.

Hmm 600k sold without the Vita version accounted for. I'd say that's actually kinda good. Hope Capcom feels that way too. My biggest hope is some character DLC and MvC4 early next gen and
the king of Spain showing up at Captivate announcing the usage of his image for Magneto is a-ok

Seriously, I doubt we will get any dlc for now. I can foresee that we might get UMVC3:3 or MVC4 when all next gen released.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I think they are buffing up the numbers to look good for their investors, but who know. I know few friends who bought the games but never went online. Most of my friends who owned mvc3 don't sign up for xbox live.

Seriously, I doubt we will get any dlc for now. I can foresee that we might get UMVC3:3 or MVC4 when all next gen released.

I don't think we'll get a third iteration of MvC3, thankfully you do seem to be in agreement of the King of Spain hosting Captivate. This needs to happen.

mr. puppy

Banned
I don't think we'll get a third iteration of MvC3, thankfully you do seem to be in agreement of the King of Spain hosting Captivate. This needs to happen.

personally i think wesker and zero need more buffs, and Iron Man is too boring so lets completely change him again.

oh and morrigan, phoenix wright, iron fist and jill probably need to be nerfed.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
personally i think wesker and zero need more buffs, and Iron Man is too boring so lets completely change him again.

Only if Juan Carlos I gives this his stamp of aproval.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

I have word from Keth Sillian myself claiming that Morrigan, Phoenix Wright, Iron Fist and Jill have SecretCapcomTesterTech and need to be nerfed ASAP. And Iron man too, just cause.

Azure J

Also Dante gets Doppelganger because we can't not give something DMC to Marvel. Meanwhile, Nova gets nerfed to oblivion because "We don't LIKE THAT kinda play, too much H", technology that has always existed on a underrated character like let's say Shuma pops up and scrubs scream NERF THAT SHIT beginning the cycle all over again.

I have word from Keth Sillian myself claiming that Morrigan, Phoenix Wright, Iron Fist and Jill have SecretCapcomTesterTech and need to be nerfed ASAP. And Iron man too, just cause.

4ltgt.jpg

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Awesome. I'll probably never do them in real matches (just like everything that looks good, lol), but it's cool to pull them off in God's Beard Mode

but regarding a couple of them...

jH, jS, L, M, f+M (add like a millisecond of charge time), S, jMMHS, gamma wave, gamma crush.
Any combo that starts with an air-clap in the corner, just barely passes 900K, and isn't this combo right here is just somebody going for style points.

Yeah these combos are cool to use but are pretty hard to get mid match. It's not executing the combo is the problem it's just that all of these require a ground bounce in the middle of the combo. When most Hulks are starting their combos with st. H. I've said before that if st.H didn't cause a ground bounce I'd be doing these consistently. Only way to do these combos easy is to start with cr. L cr.M f.M. The problem is that f.M will whiff on a bunch of characters crouching.

Clearly the lawyer is still too overpowered. Let's make Maya's shield disappear in one hit.

Speaking of him, I was thinking, wouldn't it be cool if he got some new move with psyche-locks? It could be like some sort of guard break. Of course, it'd still be tied to evidence (each character could have like 4 or 5 locks that determine when you get guard broken, and how many get removed depends on the amount of good evidence), but it'd certainly make him more dangerous.

Dahbomb

Way better numbers for UMVC3 than I expected. Even if it's shipped, that's still money in Capcom's pocket to fund another project. The Vita sales should push the number higher.

Keep in mind that 600k is only 30% of Vanilla's sales. It still has to sell more than that for Capcom to bother with it.
Whoops sorry... didn't scan through the past few pages in detail. I hope nothing serious at the hospital and welcome back.
All is well
Welcome to Marvel Dieminion. lol Also hes nuts in thinking Strange is bottom 5.
Dude is out of his mind. I haven't seen him play that much, but he doesn't make good use of him at all outside of assist position. You just can't press buttons against other characters in Mahvel with him when they are close.
Dieminion getting salty cause people are using his main?
He is playing the wrong game lol. Dudes will ride that bandwagon in this game until the wagon itself is being dragged across the dirt.
600k shipped WW and including JP Vita sales but this is still better than a lot of numbers I had seen thrown around so it's good news in any case. There is room for improvement so hopefully Capcom can use the money to do just that.

EDIT: A bit too hasty on the JP Vita numbers but given the MC numbers I've seen, 50k would probably be a generous estimate.
The Vita version sold like 20k or something in it's first week and completely fell off the Mediacreate charts as far as I remember. 20K in JP is also slightly below average so falling off in the first week definitely means sub 40k.

They'll probably sell a 100k copies or so in the US if they get lucky. Sony is just bad when it comes to releasing hardware these days and I don't see the Vita catching on at all.

They can't "buff" their numbers. That would be lying to their investors and it is not worth the trouble. Maybe MahvelGAF has infiltrated Capcom?
You forgot the blue terror. You guys have let her have her way for far too long.
Jesus...

Why would you link that? D:
Way better numbers for UMVC3 than I expected. Even if it's shipped, that's still money in Capcom's pocket to fund another project. The Vita sales should push the number higher.
Might have been true if it were the 3DS. The Vita has a long road ahead...

smurfx

get some go again
Compared to the <100k people were pulling out of their ass it's uh-mazing.
well its actually pretty damn good for capcom as they are adding 600k to their vanilla numbers but it sucks for the online scene since it means far less people playing online. :( it also means a less healthy competitive scene in the future since they split the user base. i think its far better for them to just keep adding characters and stages through the life of the game and not split the user base down the line. if capcom releases super ultimate version down the line then you can count on only the competitive scene keeping this game alive and capcom will ignore it after it bombs.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I'm having an identity crisis right now with my team. Currently my most competitive team is Cap, Frank West, Arthur. My game plan is pretty much Cap and Frank BFF and Arthur supports with Assist, then once those two get knocked out... it's all about Arthur Gold Armour XF3. I get my fair share of wins, but at the same time I feel "cheap" derping my way with Arthur.

I really think I need to learn Dante, he'd compliment my team real well. But I dunno where to start with that asshole, he's got so many moves, I don't even know how to derp with him online.

smurfx

get some go again
i've tried and tried but i just can't get into SF4. i'll just wait for sfxtekken and get into that and start fresh just like everybody else.

El Sloth

Banned
Would be interesting to see Vanilla SF4 and SSF4 numbers and compare them to Vanila marvel and Ultimate Marvel.
Well, according to this website Street Fighter IV sold 3.1 million units and Super Street Fighter IV sold 1.8 million.

It says "sales", but being a corporate website something tells me that those are probably the number shipped to retailers.

Grecco

Well, according to this website Street Fighter IV sold 3.1 million units and Super Street Fighter IV sold 1.8 million.

It says "sales", but being a corporate website something tells me that those are probably the number shipped to retailers.

So almost a 50 percent drop?

How much did Vanilla marvel sell?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SSFIV was like 14 months after SFIV, and it's flippin' Street Fighter, UMvC3 sales fall in line with that in context IMO.

Azure J

*Foreword: I'm more than likely still not at the level to do any serious theory on what works but I definitely want to discuss this since everyone here's knowledgeable and well I'm game less for a while, so I don't have a test bed for my ideas.*

Theory monstering some more:

So I'm still steadily working on a sound Morrigan + the Super Sparda Bros. team and I'm trying to decide on what kind of composition I want them to have. In recent days, I've been finding myself leaning more and more towards Vergil/Dante/Morrigan because I feel like Vergil gets more from Dante's assists than Dante does from Vergil's. I'm also thinking of running with assists that benefit the team no matter what may happen with its order. The last few times I've gotten a chance to sit down and scrub it up in the game, I've run into a few folks who are ready to snap in Morrigan (Morrigan is the new Wesker/Phoenix? :lol) if it means it'll cripple my team's synergy or prevent Sou Sou from happening. I'm also playing around with a point Morrigan and the bros backing her up too, hence the bulk of my theory stuff here.

Now here comes the fun part that I can't get to until I'm done with school and work for this semester - assists. No matter what, Dark Harmonizer is the assist of choice for Morrigan, so that means between the two bros, I need a solid way to open folks up and left-right just seems like the only option in a Vergil/Dante setup.

Right now I'm thinking of Vergil (Judgement Cut)/Dante (Crystal). Due to its long duration I'm thinking Crystal would be good for left rights and its OTG properties put it over Weasel Shot for the sake of extended Vergil combos without the use of Rising High Time and for potential Morrigan relaunch combos. Crystal also keeps the opponent in float long enough so that if I mess with Morrigan extended combos, I can play with Soul Drains more often. Basically, I want to recreate the Combos involving Doc Strange and Morrigan in this video. (Soul Drain combos are my new thing now. I'm trying to set them up as often as possible when she's around on non-anchor setups.) Judgement Cut is also there for extending the duration of time an opponent is stuck in float thus giving me more time to play ping pong with Soul Drains.

I'm also thinking of alternates based on what I'm understanding benefits her mixed playstyle from what I saw in that combo video. One is an Ammy/Dante/Morrigan setup where instantly upon getting a Glaive ground bounce and slow mode, Morrigan comes in for the Sou Sou.

I feel like there's something developing in my head, like I have the idea but not the right execution for it. What are your thoughts?

Looking at all of the footage and games over the last few days made me realize that I was probably the first person in this game who tried to make Morrigan's spam work. I had no idea what I was toying with until ChrisG started using Doom though.

Hsien-Ko's gold pendulum is nowhere near as good as missiles overall because they'll hit an opponent even if they manage to catch Doom halfway into the move and it has even longer blockstun than pendulum if all the missiles hit. Combine those things with missile OTGs and all your are left with is a get out of jail free card that leaves you with a shit character on point. Dante and other characters may provide almost as much utility for Morrigan as Hsien did without having to have crippling point performance. Now that I look back on my experience with Vanilla I can see how I managed to keep up so well when I put it all together.

Gotta play this game tonight after some studies...

shaowebb

Since everyone's talking Hsien Ko heres that Chris G and Marlinpie set from The Break where Chris G used Chun Li/Hsien Ko/X-23

The Break Weekly #145 link

General Tech seemed to be based around creating high low setups using Chun's air dash or high attacks with X-23 low assist, using the occasional X-23 low assist to extend the combos of Hsien Ko or Chun since they both need better OTG's (though he got the Chun one to do a few things), Using Gold Armor shenanigans to create mixups for either Chun or X-23 who would use their speed to go for stuff during the lockdown. Also some nice invincibility was taken advantage of on this team to punish hypers.
Great in premise, pretty good synergy all around and would probably do better against a less in your face team than Marlinpie's. No clue whether it could stuff a teleport heavy team though, but Chun legs screw with lots of stuff people do so who knows.

Frantic

I made a thing.

Just a test video to work out the kinks of my very messy setup. It's definitely not optimal, but it works at least.

I've got some actual tech videos planned, but I'm gonna try to work on getting sound to work first. Maybe improve video quality a bit more, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom