• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tirael

The worst part of EVO last year was sitting in the ballroom watching top 32 and there being literally nothing but Yun, C.Viper and Fei Long for like 8 straight games in AE.

Yeah, and though Marvel had some good moments, it was sullied by the fact that the majority of the best teams were two characters (out of the top six or so) backed by either Tron or Haggar.

This year should be SO HYPE.

Solune

Despite it not working for you or for me, I want to not believe you because it's just so confusing haha.
It's not a huge loss but yes, disappointing.
By mid-screen, do you mean I'm in range of Shield Skills? Basically, if I'm in range of Shield Skills, my goal is to get some room and lay down Flame Carpet. Sometimes I'll rush Taskmaster, but not often because his hitboxes can be pretty beefy. Random launchers aren't a terrible idea because they beat out both Shield Skills and Spidey Swing in priority. Sometimes I'll do superjumps straight back down into j.M as a way to cover a large area and be relatively safe. I try and find a good time to teleport and start getting away, though. Taskmaster also isn't great at opening characters up, so sometimes I'll just block stuff and see what he does. The only way I'm getting hit is if Taskmaster goes for a ground throw.

If by mid-screen, you mean not in the range of Shield Skills, then I'll often Purification or Dark Hole L into Stalking Flare. I don't care if it hits Taskmaster, it's just there to absorb his arrows, assists, and any kind of approach while Stalking Flare winds up.
Yes I meant within range of Shield Skills, I think I've said it before but I'm bad at reading opponents and reacting to punishable situations. I feel like I always get beat out by it so I'm kind of forced into a neutral game with him on the offensive. And I agree that Taskmaster has a hard time opening people up, but I seem to always get thrown at some point during his pressure, just annoying overall.
Also, this may sound weird, but pushblocking is one of Dormammu's greatest weapons. Chaotic Flame, IIRC, is the second fastest beam hyper in the game. If I face a Wesker player, I often just let him come at me, pushblock, and then Chaotic Flame as his next attack in the blockstring whiffs. Works well against any character that tends to have long blockstrings that don't push them forward.
I don't think it's that weird, zoning characters in general benefit from advancing guard like Chris. Everytime someone pushblocks a grenade or gunfire M, or any gunfire for that matter, it puts him in prime position to continue volleying. The same for Morrigan but we all know that already.
It's consistent, and I think it puts him in front automatically because the character hasn't shown up yet and still has to come from that side.
The 2nd last teleport attempt actually is a crossup hammer... Maybe it was an accident?
The damage is actually pretty good. IIRC combo 4 did something like 400K. Firebrand's 1 meter bnb caps out at around 600K, and more realistically gets around 550K, so I think that's a good place to be in. I actually got a little offended when some people on SRK said that the setup costs two meters, and is thus too expensive. I'd love to know what 1-meter Firebrand kills they are using, hahaha!
Well if there was a way to combo Demon Missiles more effectively thats 100k! As for SRK people...I think people don't understand the value of a 2 meter death... I mean, that's what the DHC glitch in Vanilla IS. But when you have Spencer killing for one meter I guess people get their priorities mixed up, like myself and don't value the setups more than the damage.
Feel free to post a video if you want an armchair critique.
Sure, when I get around to actually learning full combos with that team, it's basically Wesker and then me losing if Wesker dies :lol.
Man Solune, I spent all morning trying to think about how to maximize Firebrand's combos. I feel like I have a good setup except for if I get a Bon Voyage combo starter while my opponent is in the corner and when I get a full-screen Bon Voyage. Your setups are definitely good starters, though. I feel like there's more to squeeze out of them.

This is the best I've gotten so far off of a corner Bon Voyage:
qcf.S, s.M, c.M, s.H + Dark Hole, qcf.L, dash, j.d+H, qcf.L, s.H, qcf.S
Hmm I was attempting that last night while recording and Dark Hole would always appear too faraway (So much for being a good combo extender! haha =p), How do you fet a Hell Fire after the Divekick to link into S.H? It seemed like it had too much recovery to me, you'll have to have someone post a vid.
I know I'm being silly, but I'm irritated that I can't get a Dark Harmonizer call during all of that. -_- There must be something more to squeeze out. It's hard not to do things that move my opponent too close to mid-screen, where Stalking Flare will actually connect in the DHC.
If I'm not mistaken you should be able to call Morrigan during the last S.H. And yah I'm very aware of pushing the opponent mid-screen, it's why the third combo in my video is not optimized at all, but I think i found a way to combo more after the divekick if it involves a launcher.
Full-screen I still don't have much. I can't link off of Demon Missile M for the life of me. 20 tries and not one success. If you didn't have it on video I wouldn't think it's possible, hahaha! But I did find three neat things from a full-screen Bon Voyage:
1) Demon Missile H connects off of a full-screen Bon Voyage, and from that you can dive kick into a full combo. It's not helpful for this setup or even in general since it uses up both your ground and wallbounce without much to show for it, but maybe someone will figure out something more from that bit.

2) Dashing forward and doing Demon Missile L + Dark Hole works, and then I can Hell Dive M into j.S into a full combo.

3) Dashing forward and doing Demon Missile M + Dark Hole works. So I'm not too annoyed that I can't link Demon Missile M now that I have this, haha. Demon Missile M alone would be better though.

I'd like to be able to build a bar for the setup no matter where I start from, no matter what I start off of. Today was a good day though, I made progress! Thanks a lot for those videos, they got me thinking. I also spent some time tinkering with non-Morrigan assists, and nothing really tickled my fancy when I kept in mind that I actually have to play the character if I lose Firebrand and Dormammu, and I also have to use Dormammu + that character alone. The closest I have is Dr. Strange, since I think he's fun to play but is goddamn terrible.
I did say it was... inconsistent! I should've said difficult though haha. Good to see you're expanding on the combo options. I like to do that if you can't tell =p. I've been recording team combos today, should have the video later up tonight after the tourney if I'm not playing FF5.

Have you considered putting Skrull back in? I don't know Dormammu's BFFs :lol, but it seems like he would make a good pick plus anchor Skrull is pretty stupid. Of course you probably don't want to but Magneto is probably a good pick too.

Frantic

GGs Tobe, your internet seems to somehow get worse every time we play. I don't remember it ever being this bad. D:

Vergil in lag is the worst. Somehow even worse than Hulk.

Dahbomb

Marvel is going to be full of people top tier whoring too... only people THINK that they are using the best characters when they aren't.

Oops! My bad. Thanks for suffering through it, haha. If you're ever bored and want to make more videos, I have a list of things I need recorded...I wish I had my own setup!

Unfortunately, my execution is not good. If they're execution/timing intensive, I probably can't do it. :/

Zak Bennett does have a twitter, btw: https://twitter.com/#!/fgzak

Someone did tweet the video to him and he did comment on your discovery:
https://twitter.com/FGZak/status/213588032585072641

https://twitter.com/FGZak/status/213589132159619073

------

Ok, so I saw this post here which provides info on how to make Soul Drain hit after a TAC: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/soul-drain-setups.160763/#post-7002518

And as a Morrigan player, I think tech like this should be more widely known so I made a video for it as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MC6c5m-kFs

Unfortunately, my execution is not good. If they're execution/timing intensive, I probably can't do it. :/

------
You're my favorite person. I tweeted him back.

Ok, so I saw this post here which provides info on how to make Soul Drain hit after a TAC: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/soul-drain-setups.160763/#post-7002518

And as a Morrigan player, I think tech like this should be more widely known so I made a video for it as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MC6c5m-kFs
Great! I started a Soul Drain thread on SRK that I need to update. I'll keep this for it.

I think your execution is great, personally. If you want to see bad execution, watch me play. I struggle to do Magneto's basic air dash flight combos.

If you happen to feel like doing more videos, here's some stuff I'd love to have recorded:
A video of 3D0C, Dark Hole (XFC), Mass Change H into a full combo, and Chaotic Flame (XFC), Dark Matter, Mass Change M into a full combo.

There are more, but they're rather execution-heavy. I could probably give you a massive list of just Dormammu combos I need recorded, hahaha.

Tirael

Whoa, I just realized that the background color when you do a super changes depending on whether you DHC or not. It's blue with the first, green with the second, and red with the last. I can't believe I never noticed that before.

Azure J

Whoa, I just realized that the background color when you do a super changes depending on whether you DHC or not. It's blue with the first, green with the second, and red with the last. I can't believe I never noticed that before.

I love little details like this myself. Another one is a distinct audio cue for each DHC you do. What makes this interesting is you can actually tell what kind of hyper is being used between Lvl. 1 and Lvl. 3s from it.

What hypers would you not be willing to give up for Spiral Swords in a trade? I was thinking about it, and I'd give up any hyper on Firebrand, Dormammu, or Morrigan for Spiral Swords, easy.

Odd question, but right now who do you think has the best Spiderman out of players likely heading out to EVO?

I was watching some old matches and, even though he lost the rest of the rounds to Marlinpie's Doom, iNerd was able to OCV Marlinpie's entire team with Spidey and it looked like it was because folks don't know the matchup that well to avoid all those crazy hit confirms. I'd like to know who everyone thinks has the best Spidey right now since those matches seem like they get some unexpected turn arounds in them and generate some excitement for me to watch.

Out of people going to EVO, probably Hyperdrive X (if he's going) or iNerd imo. Hopefully these dudes finish their combos, because that's what's separating good from great in this game it seems. Spider-Man players are allergic to finishing their combos *raises hand as somewhat guilty party*

I need to see this. Sasa, don't let me down.

I guess since we're Pimpin' Sasa for being one of the only Spidey mains out there I'll post this in hopes that he trolls someone here with this combo on their last character.

Spiderman x-factor combos are hilariously troll-tier

:lol This combo is actually pretty hard on mid-size or smaller characters, I can do it but yeah. I'll try next time I get on a stream if I end up with anchor Spider-Man for whatever reason :3

http://i.imgur.com/D7NiW.jpg[/QUOTE]

T_T it's beautiful.

Also, had an uuuuuuugly tournament win today and ditto for a "money" match. Dropped way too much shit, but won because of Spider-Eye + X-23 (she's so pretty). Once they get uploaded, I'm going to watch them first and post them only if they're even worth watching :lol

I won't be able to make something happen till Canada Cup. King of casuals but I drop in tournaments and it bothers the hell outta me. I don't know why, I just drop more on PS3 than I do on 360, probably because I use 2 different sticks for each system and one is fairly tighter than the other, with 360 being the main one I use for Marvel. Should just dual mod the 360 one since it's so easy.

I have a while to learn my bankai though, hahaha. At this point, it's just tightening up some loose screws and keeping a more solid mindset throughout. The urge is always there to try something out of the box though, haha. People who know what to expect from Parker definitely can put me on tilt so I have to find a way to better handle that. Gotta be ready for when it *won't* be easy to run my shit.

Confirmed that my "can't jump at Hawkeye" DHC (opponent approaches by air, Scatter Shot xx UWT xx Kill Combo) is hella legit though. That's some cheap shit.

[quote="Karsticles, post: 38958391"]What hypers would you [b]not[/b] be willing to give up for Spiral Swords in a trade? I was thinking about it, and I'd give up any hyper on Firebrand, Dormammu, or Morrigan for Spiral Swords, easy.[/QUOTE]

Maximum Spider or UWT. I like having a kill button for Phoenix.

Spider-Man with Spiral Swords against Morridoom....get me a towel.

-------------------

Any exceptional stuff in CEO? Haven't watched at all.

OT: VF5:FS is awesome. Still in "push-buttons" mode, but I wanna learn it. Rocking a scrubby Sarah Bryant, haven't played VF since 4:evo. Will buy eventually.

Darkhadou

Neo Member

Lulz I was wondering why I got a random tweet at me from Karsticles, thought you had some crazy ass Google Alerts set up.

Dahbomb

Spiral Swords are only really useful on a character who has a teleport or some crazy way to get in. If you can create sort of a wall of projectiles for the other person to get through, then Spiral Swords loses most of its usability. The fact that you can teleport with those things on means you don't have to lose most of its durability on the way in and can pressure them once in. Hell if you see a non teleporter turn on Spiral Swords, just super jump and do some air actions, by the time you come down they will be finished.

I wouldn't trade any of Akuma's hypers for the Spiral Swords. He has a projectile invincible hyper (sort of), he can link hypers together, he has a full screen beam hyper, a safe on block hyper and a boss LVL3 hyper plus his Tatsu already works as a pseudo Spiral Sword in terms of projectile negation. He teleport is no conducive to abuse Spiral Swords. I would totally trade Iron Man's DP Proton Cannon for Spiral Swords because he would at least have a safe DHC option.

Oh and the Helm Breaker from heaven made into a gif (for those that missed the Momochi vs Dieminion match):

DkpIM.png

cednym

Banned
Niitsuma's been tweeting a lot recently, which only really happens when he has something new to announce. He's responded vaguely to a few questions about a potential MvC4; that doesn't necessarily mean anything, but I think it's interesting.

Niitsuma's been tweeting a lot recently, which only really happens when he has something new to announce. He's responded vaguely to a few questions about a potential MvC4; that doesn't necessarily mean anything, but I think it's interesting.
Iiiiiiiinteresting. I think we all assume something is going to be announced soon, we just don't know what (I assume DS4 or TvC2).

Relevant to this thread.
Damn it. Dahbomb, what was your avatar bet about this, again?

Spiral Swords are only really useful on a character who has a teleport or some crazy way to get in. If you can create sort of a wall of projectiles for the other person to get through, then Spiral Swords loses most of its usability. The fact that you can teleport with those things on means you don't have to lose most of its durability on the way in and can pressure them once in. Hell if you see a non teleporter turn on Spiral Swords, just super jump and do some air actions, by the time you come down they will be finished.

I wouldn't trade any of Akuma's hypers for the Spiral Swords. He has a projectile invincible hyper (sort of), he can link hypers together, he has a full screen beam hyper, a safe on block hyper and a boss LVL3 hyper plus his Tatsu already works as a pseudo Spiral Sword in terms of projectile negation. He teleport is no conducive to abuse Spiral Swords. I would totally trade Iron Man's DP Proton Cannon for Spiral Swords because he would at least have a safe DHC option.

Oh and the Helm Breaker from heaven made into a gif (for those that missed the Momochi vs Dieminion match):

DkpIM.png
I disagree. I think it would be worthwhile to sacrifice any of Akuma's hypers for Spiral Swords. He has an amazing wavedash that would make it near-instant pressure, and he has standing overheads to make the pin really nasty. On one hand, I can see how Spiral Swords isn't great for Iron Man, but his hypers are so terrible that it might still be an upgrade, haha.

Also, I asked this same question on GFAQs, and I've been called "salty" and "a whiny baby" by like 5 people, even though it's not a complaint. It reminds me of Vanilla Dark Phoenix and Double Lariat users - so defensive and easily upset when anyone mentions something positive about their character.

Lulz I was wondering why I got a random tweet at me from Karsticles, thought you had some crazy ass Google Alerts set up.
I just did a "reply all" thing. I don't use Twitter (my account has 15 tweets, 1 of which was to a scholarship program, 1 to Zak, and like 13 to gaming reps).

I wouldn't give up Bionic Arm.
Not even for Zip Line + swords? Spencer already gets nasty cross-ups with that, and now he could get it alone.

shaowebb

DkpIM.png
Lol

Yeah he dropped that helm breaker from waaaaay up there on Strange after living through that Joe combo. His Vergil was honestly the only thing he had that worked against the zoning of Dieminion's voomerangs+bolts of balthaak. So much durability and horizontal control that it decimated Magneto/Doom attempts to blast a way in. Really Joe's voomerang coupled with such a long lasting beam is pretty scary. It makes me kind of wonder if something similar with Captain America might work as well.

Azure J

SRK's Dante thread has me stuck in thought about how to hit multiple Grapples in a combo and I just can't stop thinking about setups. I now know what Karst felt like with adding layers to that new Firebrand stuff of his. :p

Right now, I'm messing with a double grapple setup that goes like so:

M - H - Stinger - BC Volcano - TK Revolver - Grapple - S - Charge Shot - Prop Shredder - TK Acid Rain - Hammer - Cold Shower - Stinger Lvl. 2 - Grapple...

I haven't had the time to setup things with assists and the like yet, otherwise I'd have some extra ideas, but I wanna leave this here with you guys and wonder what ideas there are to follow up with it all. This much combo does 440K for curiosity's sake btw.

The other thing I'm playing with is dropping characters out of shot loops into an oncoming assist for additional juggles into a Hammer. I saw someone doing this with Sentinel Drones and figured I should mess around with others soon. I feel like this would be very beneficial on my Dante/Felicia/Phoenix team especially if the timing is good between the last shots and a TK Shot/Overdrive assist call.

The last thing I want to play with is a reset off Beehive using a dash under M. I saw PR Rog do something that led me to believe that there's some stupid stuff here if I can get some time in the lab to check it out. Looks like I'm gonna be busy this week! :D

SRK's Dante thread has me stuck in thought about how to hit multiple Grapples in a combo and I just can't stop thinking about setups. I now know what Karst felt like with adding layers to that new Firebrand stuff of his. :p

Right now, I'm messing with a double grapple setup that goes like so:

M - H - Stinger - BC Volcano - TK Revolver - Grapple - S - Charge Shot - Prop Shredder - TK Acid Rain - Hammer - Cold Shower - Stinger Lvl. 2 - Grapple...

I haven't had the time to setup things with assists and the like yet, otherwise I'd have some extra ideas, but I wanna leave this here with you guys and wonder what ideas there are to follow up with it all. This much combo does 440K for curiosity's sake btw.

The other thing I'm playing with is dropping characters out of shot loops into an oncoming assist for additional juggles into a Hammer. I saw someone doing this with Sentinel Drones and figured I should mess around with others soon. I feel like this would be very beneficial on my Dante/Felicia/Phoenix team especially if the timing is good between the last shots and a TK Shot/Overdrive assist call.

The last thing I want to play with is a reset off Beehive using a dash under M. I saw PR Rog do something that led me to believe that there's some stupid stuff here if I can get some time in the lab to check it out. Looks like I'm gonna be busy this week! :D
Hahaha. I appreciate the parity, but figuring out a Firebrand combo is nothing like a Dante combo. They're kind of opposites. Dante is "I have so much shit, what do I want to use?" Firebrand is "I have so little shit, how can I make this work?"

You should figure out a combo starting from a TKed Vortex - that I'd love to see.

Dahbomb

Frantic

You should figure out a combo starting from a TKed Vortex - that I'd love to see.
My main combo if I actually managed to land a TK'd Vortex is: Vortex, land, dash forward/back(depending on where the closest corner is), s.S, j.MMH, Vortex, j.S, Cold Shower, Stinger lvl 2, Hammer etc etc. There is more you can get off it for some more effort, and depending on the positioning. I should make just a video for them.

My main combo if I actually managed to land a TK'd Vortex is: Vortex, land, dash forward/back(depending on where the closest corner is), s.S, j.MMH, Vortex, j.S, Cold Shower, Stinger lvl 2, Hammer etc etc. There is more you can get off it for some more effort, and depending on the positioning. I should make just a video for them.
Seems like you can get a lot more from it. I was thinking off of Vortex, into more things that lead into Vortex loops (hypothetical entity).

Frantic

Seems like you can get a lot more from it. I was thinking off of Vortex, into more things that lead into Vortex loops (hypothetical entity).
Vortex loops don't really exist, since Vortex gets hit by HSD hard rather quickly. You can get them off TACs where HSD does not exist, but not on point. Lightning Bolt loops exist(since they aren't affected by HSD), but they demolish damage scaling where they aren't worth it early in the combo.

The best damage off a Vortex is probably shot loops.

Grecco

They're nearly always the same as their point moves. What do you need it for?

Interested in seing how good frank west shopping cart assist is vs other assists for Spencer. Wanted to compare to Taskmasters assist that i use, and Dantes weasel shot (That i was thinking about)

Azure J

vOnLr.jpg

From SRK. Meanwhile, Karst, I think I'll try playing around with Vortex some pretty soon, especially after Frantic's breakdown on the move. I don't usually do much with it except to GTFO when priority/range whores are on the screen or P2 is playing TouHou against me, but I should get around to fixing that. One thing I really like is using one after a wall bounce Stinger via Bold Move. I don't know which one is more effective between Bold Canceling into Fly in DT then doing Vortex or just doing the command jump with Bold Move then going into Vortex.

Made a short X-Factor Vergil combo vid, because I'm tired of seeing people go straight into S from a hitconfirm or High Time after a Helm Breaker.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBTonJqdiU8

Also made a combo vid just showing synergy with Spencer/Vergil/Doom

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJJV6aiZCuw
Does Vergil have an XF3 infinite with High Time (that's df.H, right?) and Helm Breaker? It looks like he would.

Interested in seing how good frank west shopping cart assist is vs other assists for Spencer. Wanted to compare to Taskmasters assist that i use, and Dantes weasel shot (That i was thinking about)
Ah, well that would be hard to figure out! I'm afraid I don't have anything to suggest.

vOnLr.jpg

From SRK. Meanwhile, Karst, I think I'll try playing around with Vortex some pretty soon, especially after Frantic's breakdown on the move. I don't usually do much with it except to GTFO when priority/range whores are on the screen or P2 is playing TouHou against me, but I should get around to fixing that. One thing I really like is using one after a wall bounce Stinger via Bold Move. I don't know which one is more effective between Bold Canceling into Fly in DT then doing Vortex or just doing the command jump with Bold Move then going into Vortex.
Haha, nice pic.

Bold Move has a minimum of 16 frames before you can input a special. You don't want to use it for TKing stuff with Dante. Flight has 11 startup frames.

Not to be presumptuous, but are you aware that Vortex can't be pushblocked? I've always thought that the move was underrated and people should be TKing it more for a free in. Invincible, locks out advancing guard, deals chip damage, like +10 on block, and leads to full combos. Why aren't people using it more?

Azure J

Karst, It's just because of that pushblock thing that I started making my Zero only opening gambit (mostly for feeling them out) Hysterics xx Devil Trigger - Teleport - Vortex. It's so frustrating to them and I don't know why. Maybe they can't cope with someone actually diving/slamming at their approaches? :p

And I don't know why people aren't using Devil Trigger (both of them) more.

Karst, It's just because of that pushblock thing that I started making my Zero only opening gambit (mostly for feeling them out) Hysterics xx Devil Trigger - Teleport - Vortex. It's so frustrating to them and I don't know why. Maybe they can't cope with someone actually diving/slamming at their approaches? :p

And I don't know why people aren't using Devil Trigger (both of them) more.
It makes me wonder why people don't put Dante in Devil Trigger to take him out, and then Vortex as he comes in. Seems worth 2 bars just to have a safe in after your character dies.

Nah everytime you H after High Time you get his teleport.
I know, but it looks like he has enough time to combo after the teleport in XF3. So my question was: does that loop?

Solune

Does Vergil have an XF3 infinite with High Time (that's df.H, right?) and Helm Breaker? It looks like he would.
I've tried it but I think it only loops up to 2 times. I remember Dahbomb saying it was an infinite but I tried it and it didn't work so I'm not 100% sure.
1) nice vids

2) what type of music is this

3) my main team is spencer/vergil/wesker :)

Thanks haha. The Vergil combo vid is anime music Return to Zero - The Lancer. The other vid is Blackmill - The Light.

Weskers a good pick for both Spencer and Vergil, not surprised with the synergy.

Frantic

Not to be presumptuous, but are you aware that Vortex can't be pushblocked? I've always thought that the move was underrated and people should be TKing it more for a free in. Invincible, locks out advancing guard, deals chip damage, like +10 on block, and leads to full combos. Why aren't people using it more?
Most people don't stay on the ground long enough for it to be that useful. People love to jump, and the fact it has a pretty obvious startup means they can just super jump over it. Plus, if you misjuged the distance and it whiffs, its fairly punishable.

It's not a bad tactic with say a horizontal assist, Hidden Missiles or Vajra, but its pretty situational from my experience. If Vortex was fully invincible on startup, I'd probably use it more, though. As is, I'm always afraid of getting punished on startup trying it at a mid-range where I feel it would be most useful. Wolverine is too fast, and Vergil has derpy normals.

Azure J

Solune, I just started your team combo video. Holy fuck, that stuff is so good. Using Judgement Cut for the float after Doom missiles OTG is something so small yet so smart, why hadn't I thought of it before?

Answer: I really don't play enough Vergil. Dante's too much fun. :lol

Still want to play Vergil/Doom/Morrigan though.

rocK`

Banned
Weskers a good pick for both Spencer and Vergil, not surprised with the synergy.

Yeah, I really like how Wesker extends combos for both spencer and vergil.

Vergil provides the awesome ground game for mixups for spencer/wekser.

Spencer offers both a mixup, and combo extension for both wesker/vergil.

Their DHCs work and so do their THCs.

Zissou

Does anyone have any strong opinions on what's the best doom assist for dante? I've been using beam up until this point, but missiles have been looking more and more appealing lately. It could end being a matchup based thing where the better assist depends on my opponent's team as well. Missiles might be a bit redundant since I have anchor strider wtih vajra though.

Azure J

Does anyone have any strong opinions on what's the best doom assist for dante? I've been using beam up until this point, but missiles have been looking more and more appealing lately. It could end being a matchup based thing where the better assist depends on my opponent's team as well. Missiles might be a bit redundant since I have anchor strider wtih vajra though.

This question is pretty much the biggest one I asked myself when I toyed with that same team. Really I'd say it comes down to preference, do you feel confident in your neutral game/zoning with Dante? Or is it a match up where you absolutely need to be able to deal with something with no respect? In the former, missiles are your friend since the horizontal is good with Dante's numerous specials. You also get access to some truly stupid meter gain with it. The latter is when you want Plasma Beam for left rights. You also get the ability to extend Dante's BnB with Rain Storm ~ Assist - Hammer which adds a surprising amount of damage for just the little extra investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom