• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Rei-Chan is the one whose team is Deadpool/Doom/Wesker.

Chou's original team used to be Strider/Magneto/Vergil (yes you read this correctly, Strider on point) and he then replaced Strider with Wesker. Chou is considered one of the best Japanese players.

Rei-Chan is the one whose team is Deadpool/Doom/Wesker.

Chou's original team used to be Strider/Magneto/Vergil (yes you read this correctly, Strider on point) and he then replaced Strider with Wesker. Chou is considered one of the best Japanese players.

OK his old team must have been what I was thinking of then.

Dahbomb

Quicksilver was cool when it was done the first time, then it was banned and it wasn't cool anymore.

The Magneto Repulsion trick is much more interesting even if a bit situational. Someone attempted it at CEO but couldn't get much off of it.

You really have to wonder if Chou has been using the trick recently and if it's one of those more subtle tricks that you wouldn't quite pick up the first few times you play against him. I also wonder if the trick is on the scale of the DHC glitch.

The fact that he's keeping it old-school and not sharing it, leads me to believe that it's some busted shit. Last time someone withheld a glitch for a tourney, Dante jumped to god tier.
Frieda kept the Magneto trick under wraps until after Final Round.

I respect keeping hidden tech under wraps... otherwise it wouldn't be hidden. I want my mind to be blown when I see new never before seen tech at a main stage. I want a big player to get blown up by it so another big player scouts it out and beats it through superior play.

Quicksilver was cool when it was done the first time, then it was banned and it wasn't cool anymore.

The Magneto Repulsion trick is much more interesting even if a bit situational. Someone attempted it at CEO but couldn't get much off of it.

You really have to wonder if Chou has been using the trick recently and if it's one of those more subtle tricks that you wouldn't quite pick up the first few times you play against him. I also wonder if the trick is on the scale of the DHC glitch.

Frieda kept the Magneto trick under wraps until after Final Round.

I respect keeping hidden tech under wraps... otherwise it wouldn't be hidden. I want my mind to be blown when I see new never before seen tech at a main stage. I want a big player to get blown up by it so another big player scouts it out and beats it through superior play.
I just wish that we had gotten to see Doom's hidden tech last Evo before it got "fixed" in Ultimate.

God's Beard your time is now.
Hahaha. It would have to be someone in the present FGC who has class. GB has the class, but not the presence. If I were Capcom, I would snag Clockwork from Sony, or maybe get Mike Ross, Gootecks, etc. Someone with a lot of fan love that you could trust to be a spokesperson (i.e. not Yipes - that man plays better as a rogue).

As much as I would love to be someone that gets to be interviewed and chat with people, I don't want that to be my job.

I'm going to be an environment artist, and I want to work my way up to a creative design or directing position. Besides, all the interviewers I like are gone.

That said, I think it's pretty obvious that Keits would take the job. Not sure that helps.

Hahaha. It would have to be someone in the present FGC who has class. GB has the class, but not the presence. If I were Capcom, I would snag Clockwork from Sony, or maybe get Mike Ross, Gootecks, etc. Someone with a lot of fan love that you could trust to be a spokesperson (i.e. not Yipes - that man plays better as a rogue).

I don't trust those guys to be an advisor, though. Viscant, yeah, but would he take the job? Thought he was happy with online poker.

Good games to Biz! I'm learning a lot about spacing and assist calling.

Beam assist from Doom is kinda helping... Hmmmm...

Sidenote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dPmf1GHHOoU#!

UMvC3 - The Ultimate Phoenix Wright Tutorial

Really well made tutorial to PW. Dude put a lot of effort into it... give some love to the creator, GAF!

Yes been waiting a while for this one! I love the whole Wright versus Sentinel pairing. I wish those two had a little dialogue toghater.

Broken Tier said:
THE WEST COAST CURLY MUSTACHE - Presented by BROKENTIER IFC YIPES - Streamed by TEAM SPOOKY

July 1st, 2012 @ Zot Zone in UC Irvine (Student Center Food Court Area) (Starting Time Pending)

It's that time again! The Curly Mustache is traveling to the West Coast to bring the hype! This tournament is a HIGH ROLLERS INVITE ONLY event with every match being 3/5. Check the players list below to make sure you're invited, and if you don't see your name hit up Yipes on Facebook. Spectator fee is $10, Entry Fee for event is $25.

MAIN EVENTS:

PR BALROG vs KNIVES FT 7
More to be announced!

PLAYER LIST:

Justin Wong
Floe
Combofiend
Ricky Ortiz
PR Balrog
F.Champ
Cj Showstopper
Dacid Bro
Mine
Xray
Fanatiq
Knives
Richard nguyen
Tatsu
Andy Ocr
Tapebot
ClockWork
Viscant
Dios X
wentinel
Airtola
Y2j
Infrit
Royal Flush
Killer Kai
Upa
Dash
Pgorath
Marn
Ruin
chrisis
Windzero
gc yoshi
honzo gonzo
Bronson Tran
Hi im Nasty
Drew Grimey
LLND
shady k
padtrick
neo
NoahTheProdigy

We'll be updating this blog post with more information as we get it!

Shout outs to FG@UCI for working with Broken Tier on this one.

Hopefully some of you guys will be there. I probably won't be able to make it though.

http://www.brokentier.com/blogs/news/6172874-curleh-mustache-vol-4-west-coast-edition

EDIT: the player list is tentative. spectator fee will most likely be dropped to $5. FG@UCI is working on securing more players.

GG last night, Karsticles.
Sent you a friend request SolarPowered.

I'm rusty as hell but I'd like to get some practice against a good Morrigan/Doom.
Oh my God

I'm so sorry if I gave you the impression that I can actually play this game. I freaking suck at it terribly right now. I'm sure I'll give you a run for your money eventually though.

GG last night, Karsticles.
GGs, I want to play you again ASAP so I can test out Spencer. You were also the first person I tried my new Firebrand unblockable setup on. It felt so good every time it landed.

Oh my God

I'm so sorry if I gave you the impression that I can actually play this game. I freaking suck at it terribly right now. I'm sure I'll give you a run for your money eventually though.
Is a lot of it the controller switch? I know that's not easy. Around match 15 I noticed that your fly-cancels with Morrigan started to pick up a lot.

Azure J

Anyone want to play? I'll be on.

I am profoundly saddened by this news.

In other news Blizzard put out a patch that changes a lot of stuff in D3 and doesn't suck complete ass (aside from my main class being nerfed for the greater good but I am ok with it). Looks like I am sucked back into the vortex for a bit.
Sucker!

shaowebb

i think viscant would be great in that position. he could give great insight to capcom.

Viscant is my top pick for brains behind extremely technical input, but the guy is not presentable enough to represent a corporation in my opinion. The sex toy reviews and love of messing with people with his inappropriate stories is too much to bring him on professionally.

Sad because that guy has some brains to really advise the production of a good game till it shines. My picks would be Cl0ckwork, Alex Valle, or Marlinpie for this role as they are all brilliant on the meta stuff in fighters, but they are more presentable to a public image.

Dahbomb

I think Viscant is presentable enough when he wants to be. Jokes are jokes but when it's serious mode time he flips it on real fast. I don't know if he would be interested in something like that though.

Azure J

Don't you run Felicia sometimes? I think it would work with her instead of Wesker. Most low-hitting assists could do it.

You know, I'll be honest with you, I haven't actually tried it with Felicia ever. I guess I'm thinking the start up on Rolling Buckler before the low hit would cause some difficulty. I'll play with that though.

smurfx

get some go again
Viscant is my top pick for brains behind extremely technical input, but the guy is not presentable enough to represent a corporation in my opinion. The sex toy reviews and love of messing with people with his inappropriate stories is too much to bring him on professionally.

Sad because that guy has some brains to really advise the production of a good game till it shines. My picks would be Cl0ckwork, Alex Valle, or Marlinpie for this role as they are all brilliant on the meta stuff in fighters, but they are more presentable to a public image.
if we go by your criteria then alex valle and cl0ckwork would be best.

I finally played the game online today for the first time (yeah, I know I'm late.... I'm usually a SF player). I load up ranked match, and my first opponent online was Viscant.

The match lasted like 12 seconds, I was face palming the whole time hahaha. worst way to start playing online

JeTmAn81

I finally played the game online today for the first time (yeah, I know I'm late.... I'm usually a SF player). I load up ranked match, and my first opponent online was Viscant.

The match lasted like 12 seconds, I was face palming the whole time hahaha. worst way to start playing online

Lol. I wish I could play that guy. What are the odds he would be your first opponent? How did you end up getting matched up against someone who is ranked that high?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Quick reset your online stats! Hide the shame.

Though I'd keep it and brag that my first match was against Viscant.

smurfx

get some go again
Quick reset your online stats! Hide the shame.

Though I'd keep it and brag that my first match was against Viscant.
the only time in ultimate i've been happy to get matched up against somebody was when i finally fought maximillian. too bad none of my matches were on the online warrior. :(

Hmm, well, not after the first relaunch that‘s for sure (HSD makes anything except super after jH miss). I‘d have to experiment.

What do you know, it actually was pretty easy to improve, but it's at the cost of whatever red life I have :|

Man, I wish you could choose not to sacrifice your health with Nova's specials, I'd be ok with having the command for the red health versions being attack+S :|

I'd play Karst but I can't get my PS3 online in this apartment.
if we go by your criteria then alex valle and cl0ckwork would be best.

To be honest, I don't know that there's anyone that fits the role that Skill did. He was imminently presentable and very technically interested. Most are lacking one. Maybe... UltraDavid would be the closest? He's got two degrees and works in videogame laws, is heavily integrated into the scene and is probably the most professional guy around.

shaowebb

Holy crap...I think I may have finally found an Iron Fist team that works pretty well. I still need to grind because I am so mad rusty right now that I drop everything, but this team works nice. I actually won online playing sloppy as hell. I mean I was even dropping OTG crescent heel I was playing so bad and the team worked.

Arthur(daggers)/Iron Fist(rising fang...ya know the flying kick thingy)/Taskmaster(hshot or parabolic. Haven't decided which was better yet)

Basically if I want to play general Arthur zoning no problem. Iron Fist's flying kick is ridiculous with arthur's projectile game as you get one rising fast projectile in the form of Iron Fist and anything you want from Arthur making the whole screen hell.

If I want to play Iron fist I can just tac or raw tag in off normal arthur or I can gold armor then get him in. If its gold armor arthur those daggers destroy freaking everything in their wake, are easy to wave dash up, and leave guys so stunned on block I can finally get in position to cross em up or throw em. Tasky is just there for the extra coverage and get off me factor and he works good with both. I think H shot works better for the team but Parabolic locks down easier. Likely gonna go with H shot so he can just handle rush down guys coming in for them both.

Maybe I just got lucky because I'm really rusty. Maybe the sudden switch from 2/3rds of the time being zoned harshly to facing Iron Fist raw ass rushdown mindfucked them, but this team works. Might be best with Arthur at anchor, but I really enjoyed gold armor Arthur daggers for Iron Fist so I doubt he'll find his way back there.

Any thoughts gaf? I'm pretty excited for the first time in awhile for a team with Iron Fist so ideas for things to try would be great.

I'll play someone on PS3 if anyone is interested?

Also is there a GAF PS3 chat room for this game? I really would like to play with some Gaffers sometime.
GGs Slasher. You have a really nice Phoenix Wright. I'm not sure what to do against you with Spencer, but I fared a bit better with Doom on point.

FYI, when I type after this point, I'm not talking about Slasher. I think my score against him was like 14-32 or something.

I've gotten like 9 OCVs with Spencer today, and this is my first time ever touching him. I had to look up the input for his zip line. Most brain dead character in the game confirmed! Zip + assist, ABC combo into BIONIC ARM = victory.

I'll post more about how the team is going later. IMO, it's going MUCH better than with Shuma-Gorath.

Edit: Oh, and someone actually ragequit against Spencer/Hsien-ko/Strange!

Nert

Anyone want to play on 360 right now? I don't have a working microphone at the moment, but I would love to get some games in with a new team that I'm trying out.

My gamertag is FloralCat; send me a PM if I miss a response here.

Nyoro SF

I've gotten like 9 OCVs with Spencer today, and this is my first time ever touching him. I had to look up the input for his zip line. Most brain dead character in the game confirmed! Zip + assist, ABC combo into BIONIC ARM = victory.

Spencer is on the highest level of derp possible in this game. Just zip and keep swinging, you'll confirm into 600k for no real reason, air or ground.

I tried to learn Spencer so I could provide optimal damage and combos for Phoenix Wright, but I was so disgusted by the character that I just dropped him.

Vice

Anyone want to play on 360 right now? I don't have a working microphone at the moment, but I would love to get some games in with a new team that I'm trying out.

My gamertag is FloralCat; send me a PM if I miss a response here.

Hit me up, javelin fangz7 I'm on right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom