• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way it was worded sounded like crap. "Someone said it on stream also crappy cellphone footage so no one can understand". Also isn't the FGTV stream going on for most of the day? Not easy to find what sounds like Yipes talking about something for a few seconds on a stream the last most of the day. I'm not saying it can't be true, just the circumstances make it seem likely that it's for some wild goose chase. Also GameFAQS.
Even if it wasn't Yipes, it was said on the FGTV stream apparently. It's truly pathetic when people try to write things off just because they come from GFAQs. It's not like GAF doesn't drool over every rumor that comes along to the point where EvilLore has to ban websites that consistently provide false rumors so members here don't constantly fall for it. I haven't found any difference in quality of poster between GFAQs and GAF. "Also GameFAQS" is the same kind of stupidity GAF members love to mock GFAQs for.

If you're skeptical about the claim, fine. Go research it yourself. There's no point in trying to discredit the rumor simply because of you're too lazy to check the source.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Why would I check a day long stream for something Yipes said in probably less than a minute? Why would anyone? That's the goose chase I was talking about.

Again I'm not saying it can't be true, but if anyone wants to check the means are ridiculous.

If someone wants to thumb a day long stream for me then report back here that'd be fine. But doing so is dumb regardless.

Is there a "secret tech for EVO" segment to the NeoGAF Mahvel cycle?

Also sandbagging before EVO. But I guess that could apply to any game really.

Why would I check a day long stream for something Yipes said in probably less than a minute? Why would anyone? That's the goose chase I was talking about.

Again I'm not saying it can't be true, but if anyone wants to check the means are ridiculous.
I'm not saying you have to check. I'm saying that if you're not willing to check, it's in bad taste to go out of your way to try and discredit the post through two posts that basically amount to "lol GameFAQs".

I used to be "lol GameFAQS boards," but both Karst and Immort4l have confirmed my suspicions that the guys there are both intelligent and killers. So I'm not exactly ready to dispute this yet.

Azure J

Reading my last post, I just realized that I'm picking up a bit of unprofessionalism in my posts whenever I'm in a good mood and posting in FGC-GAF. Gotta tone it down a bit. :p

Meanwhile, experimenting with Dormammu again. I seem to have a good dery BnB I can play with if I land a tri-dash j.H. Keep in mind, I'm the type that loves having Dark Spells fully stocked and 3D0C is some seriously fun stuff:

j.H - c.M - c.H - S - j.MMHS - Call Assist 1 (Estaka) ~ Flame Carpet - S - j.MMHS - Call Assist 2 (Jam Session) then wait until near last frames of Jam Session ~ Liberation (3D0C) - Dark Hole L xx Chaotic Flames.

Does something like 860K which is pretty damn high all things considered. I haven't broken that damage number prior to messing with Dormington, so pardon me for basking in the afterglow some. :lol

I used to be "lol GameFAQS boards," but both Karst and Immort4l have confirmed my suspicions that the guys there are both intelligent and killers. So I'm not exactly ready to dispute this yet.
The difference between GFAQs and a site like GAF isn't the quality of the posters, it's the moderation standards. GFAQs has a horrible, horrible moderation policy that allows trolls to do whatever they want (if they're smart enough), and if they get banned they just make a new account. One troll in particular I can think of has made at least 20 accounts, and it's not even something he tries to hide - each account is just a slight variant of the other. There's this contingency of people who I can only assume lead very miserable lives, and do nothing but post trolls all day long.

If you mix that with the general GFAQs poster, though, it makes it seem like GFAQs is just this horrible place filled with idiots. If you recognize that GFAQs is made up of two separate groups of people, those who want to discuss games and those who are just there to troll, the place makes a lot more sense. The actual posters tend to be good folks, who often get brought down by the constant trolling (it has happened to me, it just gets to you). Private GFAQs forums are filled with the same level of conversation GAF has because there's more active moderation from the private board owner. If GFAQs made alterations to its moderation standards, I think its general quality would be much closer to GAF. SBAllen only seems to have taken his job seriously recently, though, and not on the moderation end of things.

I'll also throw out there that at least 5 people who semi-frequent this thread are also GFAQs members. I also don't think this is about "liking" GFAQs at all. You don't have to like GFAQs to not dismiss something because it comes from there.

Reading my last post, I just realized that I'm picking up a bit of unprofessionalism in my posts whenever I'm in a good mood and posting in FGC-GAF. Gotta tone it down a bit. :p

Meanwhile, experimenting with Dormammu again. I seem to have a good dery BnB I can play with if I land a tri-dash j.H. Keep in mind, I'm the type that loves having Dark Spells fully stocked and 3D0C is some seriously fun stuff:

j.H - c.M - c.H - S - j.MMHS - Call Assist 1 (Estaka) ~ Flame Carpet - S - j.MMHS - Call Assist 2 (Jam Session) then wait until near last frames of Jam Session ~ Liberation (3D0C) - Dark Hole L xx Chaotic Flames.

Does something like 860K which is pretty damn high all things considered. I haven't broken that damage number prior to messing with Dormington, so pardon me for basking in the afterglow some. :lol
I assume you know this is corner only. My thoughts:
1) j.H should lead into c.L, not c.M. c.M does not hit low and it whiffs against small crouching characters like Amaterasu and Morrigan. I always do j.H, c.LH for my Dormammu strings.

2) Instead of Flame Carpet into S, have you tried s.H, f.H, fly-cancel, j.MHS, s.MS, sj.HS? It might produce more damage.

3) If 2 works, and your combo starts without Dark Spells, you could also try f.H x qcb.L, c.HS, sj.MMHS, Jam Session, qcb.M x Stalking Flare, qcb.M, qcb.H (1D2C), Dark Hole L x Chaotic Flame. Then you're building all 3 Dark Spells mid-combo, and this will do a lot more damage than your setup. I'm not sure if qcb.M x Stalking Flare actually works with Jam Sessions new hitstun decay in Ultimate, but if not you can still get two qcb.Ms post-Stalking Flare, it's just difficult.

4) If you really want to do this combo. Jam Session into 2D1C or 1D2C will do way, way, way more damage than 3D0C. 3D0C is low combo damage and meter gain compared to its brothers. I only charge 3D0C against zoning characters because the other two are far more flexible.

shaowebb

Gamefaqs leaked the 12 new cast on UMVC3. I don't "lol gamefaqs" period with legit stuff like that to their credit. I mean its not like their gaia.

Solune

Does the Plasma Beam + Zipline lead into a full combo no matter where Spencer starts from relative to the opponent? If so, thank you for the knowledge boost and correction.

At max distance it may work but is dependent when you call Doom of course. Also, I used to do this in Vanilla, so with the speed boost in Ultimate it's pretty lolz.

Yeah me and Karst know the guy who figured it out on FAQS. Pretty funny. He went and entered every character into the picture of the first revealed. Found out the entire roster doing this.

Yeah me and Karst know the guy who figured it out on FAQS. Pretty funny. He went and entered every character into the picture of the first revealed. Found out the entire roster doing this.
CAW Evolution actually had an account here, but got banned during the junior stage for telling someone he was acting like an idiot. Unfortunate too, because it's unlike him and he's a very good poster.

Funny story:
I also tried entering different names in like CAW did, but I thought "Hmm, who is guaranteed to be in this game that I could check for? Oh right, Megaman!" After entering every single version of Megaman that I could think of and coming up with nothing, I assumed they just played it smart and gave up. Hahahaha, oh Capcom. If I only knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have even checked for Megaman, let alone assumed that he was a sure thing.

If we get UMvC3X, I'm checking for Megaman still.

shaowebb

CAW Evolution actually had an account here, but got banned during the junior stage for telling someone he was acting like an idiot. Unfortunate too, because it's unlike him and he's a very good poster.

Funny story:
I also tried entering different names in like CAW did, but I thought "Hmm, who is guaranteed to be in this game that I could check for? Oh right, Megaman!" After entering every single version of Megaman that I could think of and coming up with nothing, I assumed they just played it smart and gave up. Hahahaha, oh Capcom. If I only knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have even checked for Megaman, let alone assumed that he was a sure thing.

If we get UMvC3X, I'm checking for Megaman still.

We all will. I'm also checking for Blade, Asura, Gene, Colossus, and Luke Cage as I see them gaining a lot of potential in comics and at Capcom for picks for this game. Blade, and Cage because I really see them adding a black male to the series soon if there is ever a sequel. Colossus because he is all over Marvel right now since he's also the Juggernaut and
One of the 5 hosts of the Phoenix Force along with Cyclops, Magik, Emma Frost, and Namor
Armor mode would simply be him changing into his Juggernaut form is my guess.

cednym

Banned
Hah. This is awkward. I assumed all along you guys (Karst and crimsonspider) knew this was my new account! If anything, my OCD character selection wish lists should've tipped you off.

So, yeah, now you know. :)

Azure J

I still believe in Megaman X. He is the one of infinite possibilities after all. :p

I assume you know this is corner only. My thoughts:
1) j.H should lead into c.L, not c.M. c.M does not hit low and it whiffs against small crouching characters like Amaterasu and Morrigan. I always do j.H, c.LH for my Dormammu strings.

2) Instead of Flame Carpet into S, have you tried s.H, f.H, fly-cancel, j.MHS, s.MS, sj.HS? It might produce more damage.

3) If 2 works, and your combo starts without Dark Spells, you could also try f.H x qcb.L, c.HS, sj.MMHS, Jam Session, qcb.M x Stalking Flare, qcb.M, qcb.H (1D2C), Dark Hole L x Chaotic Flame. Then you're building all 3 Dark Spells mid-combo, and this will do a lot more damage than your setup. I'm not sure if qcb.M x Stalking Flare actually works with Jam Sessions new hitstun decay in Ultimate, but if not you can still get two qcb.Ms post-Stalking Flare, it's just difficult.

4) If you really want to do this combo. Jam Session into 2D1C or 1D2C will do way, way, way more damage than 3D0C. 3D0C is low combo damage and meter gain compared to its brothers. I only charge 3D0C against zoning characters because the other two are far more flexible.

Wow great stuff all around here. I haven't gotten to optimizing for Dormammu as yet as I'm still primarily doing things with Team A (Dante/Ammy/Strider) & B (Dante/Felicia/Phoenix), but I'll definitely try to keep more of this in mind as I experiment with him. Thanks man. :)

WOW, Caw. Nice. Sorry I don't pay attention to OCD. Too common place on internet.

Also Scarlet Witch higher chance if an addition. Confirmed for the Marvel MMO and is going to be in the AvX finale as well as in this issue.

YEAH!

The difference between GFAQs and a site like GAF isn't the quality of the posters, it's the moderation standards. GFAQs has a horrible, horrible moderation policy that allows trolls to do whatever they want (if they're smart enough), and if they get banned they just make a new account. One troll in particular I can think of has made at least 20 accounts, and it's not even something he tries to hide - each account is just a slight variant of the other. There's this contingency of people who I can only assume lead very miserable lives, and do nothing but post trolls all day long.
The site's forum is also horribly organized and about as easy on the eyes as an mIRC channel rules list. I have a level 34 account but the last time I posted was in 2006. I don't post on gaf because of a post quality difference, I post on gaf because I'm really only interested in industry news, and that's the main part of the site.

Also, I was one of the trolls.

We all will. I'm also checking for Blade, Asura, Gene, Colossus, and Luke Cage as I see them gaining a lot of potential in comics and at Capcom for picks for this game. Blade, and Cage because I really see them adding a black male to the series soon if there is ever a sequel. Colossus because he is all over Marvel right now since he's also the Juggernaut and
One of the 5 hosts of the Phoenix Force along with Cyclops, Magik, Emma Frost, and Namor
Armor mode would simply be him changing into his Juggernaut form is my guess.
We return to the wishlist part of the Marvel cycle, hahaha. I honestly don't care too much who gets added. I'm really happy with my main team. If new stuff happens I'll keep an open eye, but one of the reasons I feel able to work on a Dr. Strange/Hsien-ko team is that my own team feels settled. I have a 20 item list of tech to check for it, though. I still have to test Solune's possible way to combo into Soul Drain...and I really want to find ways to DHC into Astral Vision for Soul Drain combos! It's just such a sexy concept.

Hah. This is awkward. I assumed all along you guys (Karst and crimsonspider) knew this was my new account! If anything, my OCD character selection wish lists should've tipped you off.

So, yeah, now you know. :)
Hahahaha. A few posts you made ago made me stop and think "this guy kind of reminds me of CAW...too bad he got banned". Good stuff, now I know! I wish you'd play online, we'd have a good time.

I still believe in Megaman X. He is the one of infinite possibilities after all. :p

Wow great stuff all around here. I haven't gotten to optimizing for Dormammu as yet as I'm still primarily doing things with Team A (Dante/Ammy/Strider) & B (Dante/Felicia/Phoenix), but I'll definitely try to keep more of this in mind as I experiment with him. Thanks man. :)
We've been assured that Megaman is a top candidate, so I believe! *breaks down crying* I probably wouldn't even use him, I just want him in the game.

WOW, Caw. Nice. Sorry I don't pay attention to OCD. Too common place on internet.

Also Scarlet Witch higher chance if an addition. Confirmed for the Marvel MMO and is going to be in the AvX finale as well as in this issue.

YEAH!
Haha, always with the Scarlet lobbying. She'd be a great addition.

The site's forum is also horribly organized and about as easy on the eyes as an mIRC channel rules list. I have a level 34 account but the last time I posted was in 2006. I don't post on gaf because of a post quality difference, I post on gaf because I'm really only interested in industry news, and that's the main part of the site.
I actually like their forum style, but it definitely needs some restructuring to allow for OTs that can be continually updated and stickied by the community.

Also, I was one of the trolls.
I believe you, haha. What's your account?

Chavelo

Reddit's /r/MVC3, FightanVidya.com (4chan's FGC), the GFaqs Squad, and GAF's Mahvel Crew for an online team tournament. 3v3, single elimination, locked characters.

DO IT.

cednym

Banned
The major thing I see hurting Scarlet Witch's chances is the way she fights. Between Doctor Strange and a potential Loki and/or Mandarin, I'm having a hard time envisioning a unique animation and play style for Scarlet Witch. There's not much she can do in a fighting game that those other characters can't.

Well, I think she should have a moveset that makes an opponent headdesk. Like being able to reverse controls, cause a hard knockdown, teleport, projectile neglecting normals, tons of projectiles and a level three that locks out the meter bar.

Also teleports, flight, airdash. GOOOO!

The major thing I see hurting Scarlet Witch's chances is the way she fights. Between Doctor Strange and a potential Loki and/or Mandarin, I'm having a hard time envisioning a unique animation and play style for Scarlet Witch. There's not much she can do in a fighting game that those other characters can't.
I assume her big thing would be locking out powers, yah?

Dahbomb

I used to be a Gamefaq poster (actually posted very little) and submitted a few FAQs. I pretty much became "famous" within the DMC community for posting the DMC3 Advance mechanics FAQ and people still tell me that they basically consider it their bible when it comes to DMC3.

It's too bad that I never got to finish it but even when I look back at it, that thing was a gold mine of information and stuff that now I don't even remember.

And there are a lot of legit posters on Gamefaq including very skilled and intelligent individuals. But most of them are buried deep under the trolls, haters and general lowest denominator of the forum denizens. I got out of it and started posting on GAF.

cednym

Banned
I know I'm in the minority here, but I'd much rather see the original Mega Man. I'll try to explain myself as best I can.

Even though X is the main character of the Mega Man X series, Zero is regarded as being the more marketable and popular of the two. That's how I've always seen it, anyway. Zero was designed before X and he appears in more crossovers. During the early Tatsunoko vs. Capcom days, I remember seeing tons of requests for Zero. I feel that the only reason X is so requested is because Zero is already in the game. I really don't think we need two playable characters from the MMX series, especially two who are so superficially similar to one another. (Yeah, yeah, armors, I know.)

The original Mega Man is a gaming icon. Not only that, but he'd perfectly level out the playable Mega Man representation. The three major Mega Man series are the original, X, and Legends. I feel as though Zero is a better representation of MMX than X himself and that Tron is a better pick than Volnutt, so I'm happy with Capcom's decision making for MvC3 in that regard. Obviously, the classic Mega Man series being unrepresented is glaring, and I don't think there's a better selection from those games than Mega Man himself. If I had to pick three Mega Man characters to include in a Vs. game, I'd definitely go with Mega Man, Zero, and Tron. There really isn't a better three character alternative that so concisely represents the diversity of the Mega Man games -- you've got the main character from the main series and the B characters from the secondary and tertiary series.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'd much rather see the original Mega Man. I'll try to explain myself as best I can.
I'd prefer classic Mega Man too, but I know that X fans have been led on and on, and I wouldn't mind them being given their due. Generally, I take the ABV stance: Anyone But Volnutt.

Even though X is the main character of the Mega Man X series, Zero is regarded as being the more marketable and popular of the two. That's how I've always seen it, anyway. Zero was designed before X and he appears in more crossovers. During the early Tatsunoko vs. Capcom days, I remember seeing tons of requests for Zero. I feel that the only reason X is so requested is because Zero is already in the game. I really don't think we need two playable characters from the MMX series, especially two who are so superficially similar to one another. (Yeah, yeah, armors, I know.)
TvC has a difference audience than MvC. I don't think you can compare the two. Early MvC3 board days had far more calls for X than Zero. I also think that Niitsuma likely planned X for inclusion, but moved his model to a DLC costume.

The original Mega Man is a gaming icon. Not only that, but he'd perfectly level out the playable Mega Man representation. The three major Mega Man series are the original, X, and Legends. I feel as though Zero is a better representation of MMX than X himself and that Tron is a better pick than Volnutt, so I'm happy with Capcom's decision making for MvC3 in that regard. Obviously, the classic Mega Man series being unrepresented is glaring, and I don't think there's a better selection from those games than Mega Man himself. If I had to pick three Mega Man characters to include in a Vs. game, I'd definitely go with Mega Man, Zero, and Tron. There really isn't a better three character alternative that so concisely represents the diversity of the Mega Man games.
I completely agree that the spread of representation would be perfect, but I don't agree that Zero is a better representation of MMX than X. You can't even use Zero until...what, game 4 I think? Casual fans probably only played the first 2.

Gameplay-wise, I think MMX offers more than Classic MM. If you give both characters a different move for every input Dante-style, MMX still comes out ahead by giving him the ability to charge all of his attacks into a new attack.

Honestly, from a gameplay perspective, MM.EXE has the most potential. I honestly think he should be the MM and classic should either Wiley or Roll as the rep.
Yeah, but no one wants EXE. :p

I'd take Wiley over MM for a classic rep. Roll...eh, I'd rather get her EXE or Starforce version. I know she was viable in TvC, but the moveset is just so boring.

cednym

Banned
Wily would easily be my pick for a fourth Mega Man character. I know this sounds terrible for me to say, but I don't think Battle Network/Zero/ZX/Star Force deserve a playable character. With roster space being as tight as it is, I'd rather see characters from the older, more iconic series.

shaowebb

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'd much rather see the original Mega Man.

You think you're a minority? I'd much rather see DR. WILY. My reasoning is he'd be a Doronjo-style summon character who could better pay tribute to the classic Mega Man series than Mega Man could by having his entire moveset be based on summoning classic Mega Man enemies and Master Bots. I am especially fond of the dream of him having a Tronne Lunch Rush style hyper called "Boss Rush"
Get it!
That just has a parade of master bots run by hitting you. I always imagine this with the charge led by Splash Woman riding on the back of Centaurman pointing her trident forward leading the charge.

Its just such a fun mental image!

Wily would easily be my pick for a fourth Mega Man character. I know this sounds terrible for me to say, but I don't think Battle Network/Zero/ZX/Star Force deserve a playable character. With roster space being as tight as it is, I'd rather see characters from the older, more iconic series.

Holy crap I guess Im not a minority after all! *brofist*
Wily would be perfect.

On a sidenote it is now canon I have an ultimate form called "shadowebb" that requires 5 bars and dark resurrection. I've now posted this pun so many times in response to misreadings of my username over the year that its a fully canon deal now. lol
We need an ultimate form for Intelliheath.

BN had a great run and had great sales as well. Why I think it deserves a representation. It did rep MM for a good portion of ten years.

Just being objective here. I would prefer MMX myself but the objective side is screaming be fair. Be fair.

2aB2C.png

We all did our time Dah, I used to post on Gamespot, I knew many gaming websites but I had never heard of Gaming-Age.
MvC3 is what made me aware of GAF. I had only heard of it in passing before. I once went to a Dragon Quest IX event to exchange maps, and some guy came and had all the famous Japanese maps. He said he got them from someone on GAF, and I think that was the first time it was more than just a name in passing for me.

He also kept sneaking pictures of my wife with his cell phone. I thought "Oh, so this is what a GAF member is like."

I've never played any of them, but I think Bass.EXE looks pretty badass and would have a great moveset.

That reminds me. This is what first made me think "goddamn Wily would be a badass addition" - I encourage everyone to click; I won't link it directly because the image is huge:
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/357/d/d/dr_wily_mvc3_moveset_by_availation-d34r09z.jpg

Bass.EXE:
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/360/0/e/bass_exe_mvc3_moveset_by_availation-d35ixix.jpg

Silver Surfer:
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2...fer__s_mvc3_moveset_by_availation-d37vnpc.jpg

Roll:
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/009/6/6/roll__s_mvc3_moveset_by_availation-d36t29h.jpg

Protoman:
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/349/1/2/protoman__s_mvc3_moveset_by_availation-d33od2r.jpg

Classic Mega Man:
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2...man__s_mvc3_moveset_by_availation-d322x4c.jpg

Each one is so good.

You think you're a minority? I'd much rather see DR. WILY. My reasoning is he'd be a Doronjo-style summon character who could better pay tribute to the classic Mega Man series than Mega Man could by having his entire moveset be based on summoning classic Mega Man enemies and Master Bots. I am especially fond of the dream of him having a Tronne Lunch Rush style hyper called "Boss Rush"
Get it!
That just has a parade of master bots run by hitting you. I always imagine this with the charge led by Splash Woman riding on the back of Centaurman pointing her trident forward leading the charge.

Its just such a fun mental image!
You definitely want to check out the moveset I posted.

On a sidenote it is now canon I have an ultimate form called "shadowebb" that requires 5 bars and dark resurrection. I've now posted this pun so many times in response to misreadings of my username over the year that its a fully canon deal now. lol
We need an ultimate form for Intelliheath.
I honestly double check the spelling of your name every time just to make sure, haha. Maybe if you explained the origins of your handle it would help.

Dahbomb

lol @ gamefaqs being considered a decent message board
It's still a messy board but it does have legit users on it. Karsts painted a very accurate picture of it, that it's basically two boards comprising of two very different types of posters.

We all did our time Dah, I used to post on Gamespot, I knew many gaming websites but I had never heard of Gaming-Age.
I was on Gamefaqs before the Gamespot merger.

shaowebb

I'd take Wiley over MM for a classic rep. Roll...eh, I'd rather get her EXE or Starforce version. I know she was viable in TvC, but the moveset is just so boring.

Personally I don't mind exe being a character in a fighting game even though I didn't like the series. The one character I DIDNT want to make it in though was Mega Man Zero and he got into SVC Chaos.

Why didn't I want Mega Man Zero ever as a playable character?

Simple...
lTTCL.jpg

Personally I don't mind exe being a character in a fighting game even though I didn't like the series. The one character I DIDNT want to make it in though was Mega Man Zero and he got into SVC Chaos.

Why didn't I want Mega Man Zero ever as a playable character?

Simple...
lTTCL.jpg
First the headlight boobs picture for MMX Zero, and now this. I don't even like Zero, but now my relationship with him is downright discomforting.

Hmm I wonder. If there really is a secret Vergil glitch and it is very much abused after EVO, if this could possibly speed up a patch, if there isn't one already in the works.

cednym

Banned
I highly doubt there's ever going to be another patch. MvC3 is old news to Capcom, and the team has already moved on to a new project(s). Capcom probably doesn't care enough about the competitive scene to reassemble the MvC3 guys just to put out a patch. There's no money in it for them.

shaowebb

I highly doubt there's ever going to be another patch. MvC3 is old news to Capcom, and the team has already moved on to a new project(s). Capcom probably doesn't care enough about the competitive scene to reassemble the MvC3 guys just to put out a patch. There's no money in it for them.

They'd do a sequel before another patch IMO.

cednym

Banned
Wishful thinking time!

Niitsuma said months ago that he would probably be attending Evo. Evo's a week away from Comic-Con. What if he goes to Evo to tease an upcoming announcement, and then reveals his team's new project at Comic-Con? Last year, Niitsuma attended Evo right after Comic-Con, so it's within the realm of possibility that he could do the reverse this year.

Azure J

X is in the game, he happens to be the best character in the game and Flocker showed us. kappa

V4Gal.png

We've been assured that Megaman is a top candidate, so I believe! *breaks down crying* I probably wouldn't even use him, I just want him in the game.

Besides the massive amount of character love I have for the guy, I'd love to see him in just to have one more highly mobile space control monster/jack of all trades in the cast. He has the potential for some really fun stuff:

- 800 ~ 900K Health
- Double jump & 2 way dash in base mode; 8 way dash when in Hermes/Icarus armors & additional flight mode when wearing Ultimate Armor.
- Charge mechanic similar to Zero's buster. Doing the charge and releasing it raw shoots buster projectiles with different effects as per the different armors.
- Charged special mechanic; hold the button after the input for 1 - 3 extra frames for the uber version of the specials.
- X charges his normal buster 3 levels before being fully charged. Lvl. 1 shoots a smaller green shot forward; Lvl. 2 shoots a moderate sized blast forward; Lvl. 3 has X fire the most powerful shot possible given the armor he's currently in. (Normal X: His ordinary guy robot charge shot; Hermes: a staggering buster shot; Icarus: a quick piercing shot (good for hitconfirm Happy B-days); Ultimate: Two spiraling bursts of energy around a unibeam like blast with speed and startup comparable to Zero's lvl. 3 Buster.) Charged specials are unusable until the charge holds.
- Charged special moves eat 1/4 ~ 1/2 ~ a whole meter (Hearkening back to X's weapons energy limits; not sure of what would be a reasonable tax for this.)
- X’s buster charges slightly faster than Zero’s. (To accomodate use of charged specials in a combo. No Hard/Soft Knockdown BS here unless you're caught with it in the air. :p)
- Taunt is his victory pose from the games.
- Alternate costume is his Command Mission look with plasma/energy scarf.
- When using Ultimate Armor parts, X gains flight with a QCB + S input.

X in this design is using a modified version of his X8 armor that's called forth with one of his supers. The two buttons pressed for the power up super determine if it's the Icarus, Hermes, or his trademarked Ultimate parts that enhance his capabilities. X is timed in this power up mode and when using the armor, he cannot build meter.

I also trimmed the move set down by picking his specials based on one prominent Maverick Weapon he'd acquire in X through X8. The ones I picked were:

X1 - Rolling Shield - Generates a single use shield that surrounds X for one instant (think of Magneto's counter). Charged version holds this shield until it is struck with an opponent’s attack. It eats one projectile wholly/decreases the damage on one physical strike against him by 30%.

X2 - Speed Burner - Fires a fast moving flame projectile forward. Charged version makes X perform a burning dash forward with similar properties to Phoenix’s TK Overdrive. In the air, the projectile is shot downward and the charged version becomes a burning dash down forward a la Nova's j.S.

X3 - Triad Thunder - Uncharged has X do a quick ground pound which summons three antenna near his person. These release three small bolts upward, one from in front, one from above his head and one from near his back. Charged version acts like Viper's Burst Time minus the followup kicks. X ground pounds heavily (think Nova's overhead OTG) and electrically jolts characters upward if they're close, otherwise a large lightning orb travels along the ground forward. This OTGs and is Jump Cancellable.

X4 - Soul Body - X feints a dash and has an after image rush forward to attack. This move is very fast and the projectile afterimage has some projectile durability to itself. Charged version sends the afterimage forward but has it feint at safe distance before shooting a buster shot with wall bounce properties. (Alternate charged concept, the projectile passes through the opponent and X fires the wall bouncing buster shot himself.) AIR OK

X5 - Wing Spiral - This basic uppercut shoots a gust of air in a spiral motion up with the launched opponent that keeps them up in the air longer and has multi-hit properties. (Think Hadoshoryu with less rise and more float.) Charged version has X shoots a small tornado forward off the ground that grows vertically & horizontally with the distance traveled and stops at about half screen (think of a forward moving Criminal Upper, X does not jump into the air for this); can OTG when charged.

X6 - Meteor Rain - Fires a small raindrop upward that falls back down after time. Charged version shoots a large cloud into the air that stays in place until an opponent travels under it at which point a small barrage of rain drops falls from the sky onto an opponent. AIR OK

(X7 weapon goes here - LOL this game is ass)

X8 - Squeeze Bomb - Fires a slow moving projectile forward. If any opposing projectiles are in its path, it eats them and continues to grow larger. Charged version creates a expansive explosion that instantly contracts in on X himself. Any projectile caught in the blast is erased, does hard knockdown to aerial opponents.

Hypers:

Ultimate Charge Shot - Lvl. 1

X dons his Ultimate Armor colors and shoots out a high damage shot, most prominently seen when players acquire the Ultimate Armor throughout the MMX series past X4. The initial shot does the highest amount of damage topping out at 250K while the energy residue left behind hits the opponent 3 - 5 times for 5K additional damage/lockdown. The shot is fast moving, passes through opponents & has fast start up making it the ideal assist punish and X's go-to ranged super. The shot can be aimed and can be fired in air or air-to-ground.

Armor Swap - Lvl. 1 Utility

Depending on the combinations of buttons used, one can summon the neutral armor equipped with either Hermes, Icarus, or Ultimate armor parts. Lasts as long as the other utility hypers in the game with the same stipulations (no meter build; persists on tag out). While in this mode, he can press Down, Down & S to swap between Hermes & Icarus on the fly. If you use the button combination for the Ultimate armor though you stay in Ultimate mode as that's the best there is. This mode has comparable active time to Devil Trigger.

Infinite Light - Lvl. 3 Catch/Dash Type

A hybrid catch/dash type super similar to Iron Avenger but somewhat faster; While raising his now glowing hand to the air, X's armor becomes his more elaborate Ultimate form swiping at the area in front of himself. If nothing is there, that animation continues into a full spin/pirouette motion before he leaps and shoots across the screen "Bionic Arm" style hitting characters for 350K and hard knockdown. If the opponent is caught in the initial swipe, the full animation plays out. X blasts forward, over then back down to the ground in one loop-de-loop motion before smashing his opponent down on the ground with that same palm. (Once again think a more physical Iron Avenger or Bison Ultra II from SSFIV) Does 420K unscaled.

Assists:

Rolling Shield (a)
Soul Body (b)
Meteor Rain or Squeeze Bomb (y)

Colors: Classic X, Copy-X (red eyes, deeper blue, white & gold accents), Dynamo, Sigma (X5), one color based off one of his robo-sons & daughter/The Four Generals from the Zero series.

I could see people making an argument though that there's too much X series representation there already with Zero, but I just feel as though unless they do something extremely cool with Classic Megaman like have him move about with Rush in the foreground for quick Rush Jet forward/backward dashes, double jumps & flight while making sure to have a balance between pew pew pew play and rushing/headfirst offense, I'd really be put off by his play style. =/

Mobility is important to me.

Reddit's /r/MVC3, FightanVidya.com (4chan's FGC), the GFaqs Squad, and GAF's Mahvel Crew for an online team tournament. 3v3, single elimination, locked characters.

DO IT.

This would be so cool to see happen.

Edit: As this post took far too long for me to write up, I still back MMZ Zero (He's basically Dante with a swiss army plasma weapon and being able to Castlevania/Indiana Jones whip my way about the area while hitting folks with wallbouncing Tonfas is hilarious in my mind) although being really honest, nothing artistically (character models and sprites as per SvC Chaos) ever really nailed that look imo. They either come across as too gangly or just a tad too anime for me. Why does the Z series art style it look so good in concept art but never translate well to 3D I wonder...

Also, I will admit to Marvel GAF that I'm a massive Megaman head. As such those concept movesets Karst linked are like candy for my mind right now. :lol

Dr. Wily would be amazing, but we already have Tron and she's a legacy character at that. :p

Solune

MvC3 is what made me aware of GAF. I had only heard of it in passing before. I once went to a Dragon Quest IX event to exchange maps, and some guy came and had all the famous Japanese maps. He said he got them from someone on GAF, and I think that was the first time it was more than just a name in passing for me.

He also kept sneaking pictures of my wife with his cell phone. I thought "Oh, so this is what a GAF member is like."

I've never played any of them, but I think Bass.EXE looks pretty badass and would have a great moveset.

That reminds me. This is what first made me think "goddamn Wily would be a badass addition" - I encourage everyone to click; I won't link it directly because the image is huge:

Bass.EXE:
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/360/0/e/bass_exe_mvc3_moveset_by_availation-d35ixix.jpg

Protoman:
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/349/1/2/protoman__s_mvc3_moveset_by_availation-d33od2r.jpg

Classic Mega Man:
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2...man__s_mvc3_moveset_by_availation-d322x4c.jpg

Each one is so good.

You definitely want to check out the moveset I posted.

I honestly double check the spelling of your name every time just to make sure, haha. Maybe if you explained the origins of your handle it would help.

SO GOOD. Protoman would be my most wanted Classic Megaman addition, even over Megaman because Megaman's already had the spotlight, But I'd still want X as a "Megaman" avatar without the costume bullshit.

Bass.EXE is probably the best EXE design, Protoman being the worst. Wait no Zero is the worst by far :lol.

Azure J

I like that the dA moveset for Classic Megaman actually made me like the super adapter armor. That thing looked so lame when I first played MM7, especially after the X series was the new hotness at the time. :lol

I need everyone's opinions: if you could just drop any assist on your opponent while you're right above him/her, what would it be? I'm trying to think of an ultimate team for Chun-li. Once I OCV someone with Hsien-ko, I feel that team will be complete.

Wishful thinking time!

Niitsuma said months ago that he would probably be attending Evo. Evo's a week away from Comic-Con. What if he goes to Evo to tease an upcoming announcement, and then reveals his team's new project at Comic-Con? Last year, Niitsuma attended Evo right after Comic-Con, so it's within the realm of possibility that he could do the reverse this year.
Wait, so Comic-Con was before Evo last year, and is after it this year?

I can't help but think that teasing at Evo and revealing at Comic-Con is missing out on a huge opportunity. In previous years Evo has been Capcom's testing grounds for their latest fighting game, and they get a lot of good feedback. I want to think that there's going to be something there for people to test.

Lots of MMX stuff.
That cat picture gets me every time.

I'd rather MMX's charge mechanic be less like a charge and more like an increased startup for the charged versions. I want to actually be able to play the character!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom