• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm done with Raccoon entirely. I just can't get the hang of his playstyle at all after such a long time, even if he has a really good assist.

The search for a new anchor continues.

Azure J

That cat picture gets me every time.

I'd rather MMX's charge mechanic be less like a charge and more like an increased startup for the charged versions. I want to actually be able to play the character!

Honestly, I debated between the idea of that and input + double button press a la Dante and fell back towards this because the team was all about adapting the gameplay experience into the character's style. That and working with the other idea would pretty much make X a Dante/Viper lovechild in fighting style.

I do side more with you on the matter though! :lol

cednym

Banned
Wait, so Comic-Con was before Evo last year, and is after it this year?
Yep. I don't think Evo is mainstream enough for a company as big as Capcom to reveal a game at, which is why they'd do the unveiling at Comic-Con (if they have something to show this year).

Yep. I don't think Evo is mainstream enough for a company as big as Capcom to reveal a game at, which is why they'd do the unveiling at Comic-Con (if they have something to show this year).
If the reveal is Darkstalkers 4, though, which pretty much only has a following among fighter game enthusiasts, Comic-Con would be a really strange place to reveal it. I tend to agree that we won't get a reveal at Evo, because IIRC Capcom doesn't like to take too much away from the event itself. I was leaning toward a Capcom Summer Jam (June 30 - July 1) reveal, and then the game being at Evo. We know Okami HD will be playable there, but I think Capcom has to have a bigger gun to show for a full event.

Honestly, I debated between the idea of that and input + double button press a la Dante and fell back towards this because the team was all about adapting the gameplay experience into the character's style. That and working with the other idea would pretty much make X a Dante/Viper lovechild in fighting style.

I do side more with you on the matter though! :lol
I wouldn't mind double button, either. I just can't handle charge characters. My execution isn't up to par.

I think I'm done with Raccoon entirely. I just can't get the hang of his playstyle at all after such a long time, even if he has a really good assist.

The search for a new anchor continues.
What's your team?

Azure J

I wouldn't mind double button, either. I just can't handle charge characters. My execution isn't up to par.

It just hit me, holding the button after doing the input! Buster stuff still works like Zero's buster, but this would be interesting. Like hold for an additional 2 frames or so to get the bigger badder version of the special.

It just hit me, holding the button after doing the input! Buster stuff still works like Zero's buster, but this would be interesting. Like hold for an additional 2 frames or so to get the bigger badder version of the special.
Perfect! I think I actually had this idea a while ago, but forgot...hahaha.

Also, cool fact: Spencer/Hsien-ko/Strange have a beastly THC together. Leads to full combos and punishes anything.

Joe/Frank/_____
Have you tried Arthur?

please post vids. this team sounds super interesting to watch even though i could never play it.
If I had the ability to record, I would! The synergy is really tight between them though. I almost had a few perfects and I only played the team for my first time yesterday. Spencer is one of the best characters for getting Hsien-ko gold. Both of his hypers DHC to Rimoukon for full combos, and then you just want to TAC Spencer back in because she can't be fully counter-TACed. If your opponent counters you both just fall to the ground and you get a free mix-up since she's gold.

I'm honestly a bit enamored by Spencer right now. I've always hated him, but he has ridiculous screen control. It's almost like playing a melee version of Dormammu: you don't get to do anything but defend. I learned some new blockstrings with him to make my play more effective, too. I understand how ComboFiend gets so many air throws now - all your opponent can do it try to chicken block the onslaught.

Solune

- 800~900K Health - Agree
- Double jump & 2 way dash in base mode; 8 way dash when in Hermes/Icarus armors & additional flight mode when wearing Ultimate Armor. I was thinking of having the Falcon Armor appear for his 8 Way Dash
- Charge mechanic similar to Zero's buster. Its major difference is that while you can hold a charge with any button, inputting a motion before releasing the button gives you a charged version of the attack you were going for. (It's a homage to how he could charge Maverick Weapons.) Doing the charge and releasing it raw shoots buster projectiles with different effects as per the different armors.
- X charges his normal buster 3 levels before being fully charged. Lvl. 1 shoots a smaller green shot forward; Lvl. 2 shoots a moderate sized blast forward; Lvl. 3 has X fire the most powerful shot possible given the armor he's currently in. (Normal X: His ordinary guy robot charge shot; Hermes: a staggering buster shot; Icarus: a quick piercing shot (good for hitconfirm Happy B-days); Ultimate: Two spiraling bursts of energy around a unibeam like blast with speed and startup comparable to Zero's lvl. 3 Buster.) Charged specials are unusable until the charge holds. - We need X3 Buster / Gold Armor charge for the massive wall
- Charged special moves eat 1/4 ~ 1/2 ~ a whole meter (Hearkening back to X's weapons energy limits; not sure of what would be a reasonable tax for this.) I don't think EX moves for X is a good thing unless they are REAL good like Viper's, especially if you have to charge it anyways. I think it would be ok like if you spent meter to do the move instantaneously without charging would be alright.
- X’s buster charges slightly faster than Zero’s. (To accomodate use of charged specials in a combo. No Hard/Soft Knockdown BS here unless you're caught with it in the air. :p)
I think X should be able to Hold Charges depending on the armor, that way when they are stored, you hit H (like Classic Megaman) to release the buster
- Taunt is his victory pose from the games. I think this is fine, unless someone has a better proposition, what would they use for his victory pose?
- Alternate costume is his Command Mission look with plasma/energy scarf. FUCK HELL YES
- When using Ultimate Armor parts, X gains flight with a QCB + S input. I think X should have access to flight with armors that have "hover" mechanics

X in this design is using a modified version of his X8 armor that's called forth with one of his supers. The two buttons pressed for the power up super determine if it's the Icarus, Hermes, or his trademarked Ultimate parts that enhance his capabilities. X is timed in this power up mode and when using the armor, he cannot build meter.

I also trimmed the move set down by picking his specials based on one prominent Maverick Weapon he'd acquire in X through X8. The ones I picked were:

(X7 weapon goes here - LOL this game is ass) LOL amazing

Hypers:

Infinite Light - Lvl. 3 Catch/Dash Type

A hybrid catch/dash type super similar to Iron Avenger but somewhat faster; While raising his now glowing hand to the air, X's armor becomes his more elaborate Ultimate form swiping at the area in front of himself. If nothing is there, that animation continues into a full spin/pirouette motion before he leaps and shoots across the screen "Bionic Arm" style hitting characters for 350K and hard knockdown. If the opponent is caught in the initial swipe, the full animation plays out. X blasts forward, over then back down to the ground in one loop-de-loop motion before smashing his opponent down on the ground with that same palm. (Once again think a more physical Iron Avenger or Bison Ultra II from SSFIV) Does 420K unscaled.

Copy X move is kinda cool, I'd like to see some type of Giga Attack, sounds like thats what you're going for though as it reads like a Nova Strike

Colors: Classic X, Copy-X (red eyes, deeper blue, white & gold accents), other 4 colors based off his robo-sons & daughter/The Four Generals from the Zero series.

X should have Vile (maybe since Zero already has it), Double, Dynamo colors. Maybe even Sigma or Signas colors

Also was working on it last night but Vergil can get that TAC Swag if he's in Devil Trigger. Dash back into Helm Breaker, cancel whiffed Helm Breaker into Lunar Phase to catch dropping opponent. Only works on Up exchange, might be able to make it work from a side exchange. As long as you haven't used the ground bounce or wall bounce, you can get massive damage due to the round trip loops.

I really should be working on the FFV Four Job Fiesta instead but Marvel always pulls me back in.

Too bad dude, would love to see it.

I'm finally finding time to get into the game (been playing a ton on VITA due to traveling, which is fine since i play pad) after a failed attempt when UMVC3 launched. Not sure what it is about it this time - probably the prolonged, focused play sessions - but I am totally loving it.

My only issue is... some characters are just way way harder to learn, and in most cases they are the ones I wish I could play. Guess its just a matter of time.

Too bad dude, would love to see it.

I'm finally finding time to get into the game (been playing a ton on VITA due to traveling, which is fine since i play pad) after a failed attempt when UMVC3 launched. Not sure what it is about it this time - probably the prolonged, focused play sessions - but I am totally loving it.

My only issue is... some characters are just way way harder to learn, and in most cases they are the ones I wish I could play. Guess its just a matter of time.
I want to get a recording setup. I was going to for Christmas, but decided to instead spend the money on getting my wife a 3DS.

On learning hard characters: the more you play, the easier it becomes. I was ripping on Spencer for being so braindead, but part of the reason I was able to pick him up so quickly is that I probably have over 600 hours of this game in me, so I understand the fundamentals real well. My first week of this game was spamming Dark Hole and calling Sentinel Force. I tried Morrigan and couldn't do a single fly-cancel. Now it comes second nature. The more you play, the better your muscles get.

shaowebb

Joe/Frank/_____

I'm guessing Frank is your get off me assist and you use the two together like Kusoru for stuff. Maybe a slower space eating assist than frank to add options to zoning could come in at Anchor. Sent Drones, Strange double beam, Akuma tatsu, Arthur daggers or fire bottle...just spitballing ideas here. Do you need wall bounces or OTG's for anything? Maybe you could fish for those in an anchor.

Personally I like the idea of Arthur Firebottle with Joe and Frank. Roll through on the assist call with frank and mix em up with the firebottles . Plus chucking redhot kicks with one out could be fun too. Plus I'm lovin' on Arthur lately.

Azure J

Also was working on it last night but Vergil can get that TAC Swag if he's in Devil Trigger. Dash back into Helm Breaker, cancel whiffed Helm Breaker into Lunar Phase to catch dropping opponent. Only works on Up exchange, might be able to make it work from a side exchange. As long as you haven't used the ground bounce or wall bounce, you can get massive damage due to the round trip loops.

I really should be working on the FFV Four Job Fiesta instead but Marvel always pulls me back in.

That Vergil stuff sounds insane. As for the idea I put out:

- The only issue with multiple armors visually is RAM constraints. I suggested as much elsewhere some time ago and got reminded of this which is why I went and thought of the whole Neural Armor gimmick from X8.

- X3 Buster finding a use in a game like this would be hilarious. At the same time, the goal was "good not stupid" when I put together my little idea. Gotta admit though, firing a scattershot blast would be hype as hell for zoners. Morri-who?

- The idea was that they were supposed to be stupidly good and worth the EXs but I do see your point regarding charged specials. Also:

Pretty much fixes both the execution and payoff issues for this.

- I actually like the idea of held charges. Noted. :p

- Command Mission armor was a definite since Day 1 of "Azure wants this character in." :lol

- I honestly wanted to represent his flight capability on a greater scale just because one of the things X has always been is mobile as hell. At the same time, I also wanted to emphasize that "ordinary turned godlike" that he's been since the start hence the entire idea of the armor install hyper. Honestly, I'd be cool if he could fly in the mode with no restrictions beyond the limits for flight currently, but I felt like it'd be nice to also play up that different armors specialize in different things.

- X7 is ass out of an ass tier. The only game in the franchise where I couldn't even be bothered to mine it for hidden potential. Prior to Marvel 3, I didn't even know where Zero's Hadangeki was from. I just thought it was a Niitsuma original because he liked the buster-buster-saber stuff from X2! :lol

- Nova Strike plus all the G Gundam references from the Day of Sigma OVA = His Level 3.

- I really don't know how I skipped out on the X series characters like that, Dynamo & Colonel colors would be great. Copy X color would be cool though, I like the Lapis Lazuli (Blue/White/Gold) motif. :p

smurfx

get some go again
lol omg cednyn got banned just as i was going to post a message saying he might want to edit the post he made at #11366. if he got banned as junior that means he was perma'd and in that post he admitted to creating an alt name which he can't do. oh well the more you learn neogaf.

The guy who cracked the 12 new cast of UMVC3 on gamefaqs apparently. Too bad he outed himself for making an alt account here to get around his ban.
More than that, CAW was a huge help in a lot of areas pre-release since he's fluent in Japanese. He was always helping out by translating entire interviews with Niitsuma over at GFAQs. He also has this weird talent for finding order in Capcom's madness in terms of character picks. He's among the most quality conversationalists I've had the pleasure of interacting with over the internet. It's really a shame that he got perma'd.

smurfx

get some go again
so viscant is on vergil bandwagon now? saw him using vergil/wesker/strider. too bad haggar squashed his team before he could get any offense started. although his strider was pretty good.

edit: well the race to cosmic lord is now over killasasa. now to start over or not is the question.

so viscant is on vergil bandwagon now? saw him using vergil/wesker/strider. too bad haggar squashed his team before he could get any offense started. although his strider was pretty good.

edit: well the race to cosmic lord is now over killasasa. now to start over or not is the question.
Where'd you see that?

Also, Noel Brown with some hilarious yet dirty tactics on the stream right now. Randimum Wesker hit confirm into Berserker Charge - haw haw!

Have you tried Arthur?
With this team? For a few games after I had gotten used to him. I love Arthur, but I don't know how much I would love him on this team.
I'm guessing Frank is your get off me assist and you use the two together like Kusoru for stuff. Maybe a slower space eating assist than frank to add options to zoning could come in at Anchor. Sent Drones, Strange double beam, Akuma tatsu, Arthur daggers or fire bottle...just spitballing ideas here. Do you need wall bounces or OTG's for anything? Maybe you could fish for those in an anchor.

Personally I like the idea of Arthur Firebottle with Joe and Frank. Roll through on the assist call with frank and mix em up with the firebottles . Plus chucking redhot kicks with one out could be fun too. Plus I'm lovin' on Arthur lately.

I tried Sentinel already, and he did really well, but Wackbot has such low health that it doesn't seem worth it...anymore. Haven't used Akuma, since Frank's cart does pretty much the same thing, but Akuma DOES make a nice anchor. I won't try Strange because my Strange is worse than Dieminion's back when he was first using him. :lol

I'll probably give Akuma or Arthur a shot in Training. I do like both characters, but I haven't found an excuse to use either of them (or again, in Arthur's case).

FSLink

Banned
Maybe try Dante with Jam Session for easy Level 4/5 with Frank, mixups with Frank/Joe, and easy confirms when Frank is at least Level 3. I'd imagine zoning with Joe and Jam Session would be pretty useful too.

One thing I will miss about Raccoon is the level-up tricks with Frank and Spring Trap.
Maybe try Dante with Jam Session for easy Level 4/5 with Frank, mixups with Frank/Joe, and easy confirms when Frank is at least Level 3. I'd imagine zoning with Joe and Jam Session would be pretty useful too.

Dante is way too fucking complicated for me.

Solune

That Vergil stuff sounds insane. As for the idea I put out:

- The only issue with multiple armors visually is RAM constraints. I suggested as much elsewhere some time ago and got reminded of this which is why I went and thought of the whole Neural Armor gimmick from X8.

- X3 Buster finding a use in a game like this would be hilarious. At the same time, the goal was "good not stupid" when I put together my little idea. Gotta admit though, firing a scattershot blast would be hype as hell for zoners. Morri-who?

- The idea was that they were supposed to be stupidly good and worth the EXs but I do see your point regarding charged specials. Also:

Pretty much fixes both the execution and payoff issues for this.

- I actually like the idea of held charges. Noted. :p

- Command Mission armor was a definite since Day 1 of "Azure wants this character in." :lol

- I honestly wanted to represent his flight capability on a greater scale just because one of the things X has always been is mobile as hell. At the same time, I also wanted to emphasize that "ordinary turned godlike" that he's been since the start hence the entire idea of the armor install hyper. Honestly, I'd be cool if he could fly in the mode with no restrictions beyond the limits for flight currently, but I felt like it'd be nice to also play up that different armors specialize in different things.

- X7 is ass out of an ass tier. The only game in the franchise where I couldn't even be bothered to mine it for hidden potential. Prior to Marvel 3, I didn't even know where Zero's Hadangeki was from. I just thought it was a Niitsuma original because he liked the buster-buster-saber stuff from X2! :lol

- Nova Strike plus all the G Gundam references from the Day of Sigma OVA = His Level 3.

- I really don't know how I skipped out on the X series characters like that, Dynamo & Colonel colors would be great. Copy X color would be cool though, I like the Lapis Lazuli (Blue/White/Gold) motif. :p

Oh definitely I was just throwing out my owned ideas too. The Neural Armor would make sense since that was the last X game after all...

I just want X3 Buster since it's my favorite, I mean, when else does X's regular buster cover 70% of the screen? Actually X3 is my favorite X game, though I only found out recently alot of fans aren't really partial to it.

If the EX's are absurdly good then meter expense + charge is ok, remember not even Viper needs to charge her ex moves that have invincibility. The utility has to match the cost.

Plasma/Energy scarf is god tier

X7 isn't even the black sheep of the series, it's just a blemish on the name and tarnishes the legend.

G Gundam is top tier Gundam.

Regarding the other character colors, I just thought it makes sense, especially Double since X4 is one of the most loved X games and he's exclusive to X.

I think you should give Arthur a shot. I think you're right that Akuma would be a bit redundant on your team for Joe. Something to help you just plain zone is a good idea.

Anyway, now that I'm pretty certain that I like Doom/Hsien-ko/Strange, I want everyone's thoughts on what "low tier" character I should work on making a good team for next.

Thoughts:
Chun-li (I have ideas for her already)
Iron Fist
Ghost Rider
Nemesis

Chun-li in particular, after reading her section of the strategy guide, made me go "damn, she has some good stuff no one else has".

I think you should give Arthur a shot. I think you're right that Akuma would be a bit redundant on your team for Joe. Something to help you just plain zone is a good idea.
Will try.

Anyway, now that I'm pretty certain that I like Doom/Hsien-ko/Strange, I want everyone's thoughts on what "low tier" character I should work on making a good team for next.

Thoughts:
Iron Fist
Ghost Rider
Nemesis

Chun-li in particular, after reading her section of the strategy guide, made me go "damn, she has some good stuff no one else has".
Nemesis is so good. Even on his own he has great combos. Give him an OTG assist, and the sky's the limit.

Thoughts:
Ghost Rider".

Character 1: Hulk or Doom. I feel that Ghost Rider needs a get off me assist that covers the vertical space as many people are going to try to jump in on him. Hulk with Gamma Charge for defense or Doom with Hidden Missles for the offensive version. Or Karst use HK? You maybe prefer the gold armor. On second thought scrap that GR is a purely on point character.

Character 2: Beam character. Ghost Rider can get zoned pretty easily and If you are playing someone that has delt with GR before and can punish him on recation via timing or push blocking GR doesn't have a chance. Even a character like PW can zone GR easily. Giving him a beam allows ground keep away and a great opportunity to annoy the opponent with jumping S and maybe open them up for a B&B. I'd recommend maybe Iron Man beam or Magneto with disruptor. Heck maybe Arthur would be a good choice.

Dahbomb

Viscant drops some knowledge on the CEO matches and FChamp's feelings towards Hawkeye:

IMO he [FChamp] should have avoided the Phoenix team vs. Flocker. He was watching and coaching me a little when I played Flocker in pools and when it was 2-1, he told me to take a second and think if I really wanted to play Phoenix again. Set ended 3-2 Flocker and I didn't get DP in any of the set. In retrospect I really really should have listened and picked a Strider team because he was right, she was a liability vs. Flocker and I needed a 2nd assist since I had to chase Zero too much, but live and learn. That's why I was really surprised to see him play the Phoenix team (and get roughly the same experience that I had).

I can't speak for him but I know he absolutely hates the Hawkeye vs. Dorm matchup. I don't blame him though; other than Magneto, Hawkeye seems to crush his entire character roster (Doom, Phoenix, Ghost Rider, Dorm, Sentinel, Strange). It's just interesting that he respects/fears the character so much that he'd rather try the Phoenix matchup than stick with Dorm.

I'm pretty sure he'll have a specific Hawkeye counter ready for Yipes/Chris G/Flocker for Evo. He's got 2 weeks to Evo, that's 1 week, 6 days and 18 hours more than he'll need to get Wesker.

--Jay Snyder

shaowebb

Thoughts:
Iron Fist
Ghost Rider
Nemesis

I know we've been talking about Iron Fist, but I'd really like to see you do Chun. For a long while around the end of Vanilla I had point character problems, and switched to her. She didn't solve anything, but GOD was she fun to use with Sent drones.

If you could setup a team that locked down with her safely so she could get inside with maybe a better OTG to give her more combo variety she'd be great. I always hoped to see a team with her and C.Viper's seismo together, but thats just me liking how the two played.

Go for Chun. No one else is using her and with the right setup I'm certain she could be good.
Yeah Chun's interesting. I saw a combo vid awhile ago but that stuff is too complicated for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx6ZsDzT6is

Im sorry but did that guy just use her taunt as part of her combo in the last combo? I swear it looked like it right before she called Storm at 3:33

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I know we've been talking about Iron Fist, but I'd really like to see you do Chun. For a long while around the end of Vanilla I had point character problems, and switched to her. She didn't solve anything, but GOD was she fun to use with Sent drones.

If you could setup a team that locked down with her safely so she could get inside with maybe a better OTG to give her more combo variety she'd be great. I always hoped to see a team with her and C.Viper's seismo together, but thats just me liking how the two played.

Go for Chun. No one else is using her and with the right setup I'm certain she could be good.

Im sorry but did that guy just use her taunt as part of her combo in the last combo? I swear it looked like it right before she called Storm at 3:33

You are quite correct. They used her taunt as part of her combo.

Chunners all you have to do is utilize her mix ups into a high damage low mix up character. She just has damage output issue for insane execution.

So mix up, kikoshen, hard tag and such.

Character 1: Hulk or Doom. I feel that Ghost Rider needs a get off me assist that covers the vertical space as many people are going to try to jump in on him. Hulk with Gamma Charge for defense or Doom with Hidden Missles for the offensive version. Or Karst use HK? You maybe prefer the gold armor. On second thought scrap that GR is a purely on point character.

Character 2: Beam character. Ghost Rider can get zoned pretty easily and If you are playing someone that has delt with GR before and can punish him on recation via timing or push blocking GR doesn't have a chance. Even a character like PW can zone GR easily. Giving him a beam allows ground keep away and a great opportunity to annoy the opponent with jumping S and maybe open them up for a B&B. I'd recommend maybe Iron Man beam or Magneto with disruptor. Heck maybe Arthur would be a good choice.
For Ghost Rider, I'm leaning toward either Double Lariat or Repulsor Blast as the "get off me" assist. I agree he needs something like that. I don't care for Hulk's Gamma Charge with him because it doesn't lead to combos, and I feel that Ghost Rider should be abusing his blind spot to get big damage. He's not like Phoenix Wright, who just wants to buy more time. Hidden Missiles goes well with everything, hahaha. I try not to rely on it so much. I thought about putting Ghost Rider on my Hsien-ko team, but the problem is that after after Dr. Strange dies I don't have anyone good to use XF3 on.

I think Ghost Rider can do well in the second spot. He has really nice DHCs and an awesome assist. He's definitely best first, though.

Really undecided on the third character for him, but I've been thinking about Jam Session. I'll probably pair him with a familiar character for my first few matches to get a feel for what he really needs to back him.

Have you ever tried Mystic Ray or Hidden Missiles with Wright? I was thinking about a Wright team of Shuma-Gorath / Wright / Taskmaster. Shuma-Gorath can TAC glitch Wright in.

Chun-li's taunt, like Deadpool's deals damage. I'll go for Chun unless someone has a request for someone else.

I'm looking at Chun-li/Frank West/???. Frank seems to be a natural partner since Chun-li can call assists from right under her opponent if she wants to and make them cross up. She can TAC glitch Frank West in and then he can use her lightning legs assist to get to level 5 without spending any meter. So the question really becomes what both Chun and Frank would like as a third character.

shaowebb

Chun-li's taunt, like Deadpool's deals damage. I'll go for Chun unless someone has a request for someone else.

I'm looking at Chun-li/Frank West/???. Frank seems to be a natural partner since Chun-li can call assists from right under her opponent if she wants to and make them cross up. She can TAC glitch Frank West in and then he can use her lightning legs assist to get to level 5 without spending any meter. So the question really becomes what both Chun and Frank would like as a third character.

MODOK. Not really serious with that answer. I just like seeing Balloon bomb screwing with people trying to avoid Chun air dashes.

Dahbomb

What are you going to do if you fight someone like Taskmaster or Hawkeye vs Ghost Rider?

Hey Dahbomb how you feel about the Hawkeye vs. Dorm matchup?
Hawkeye has this in the bag. It should've been fairly self evident from the ChrisG vs FChamp match at CEO where ChrisG demolished FChamp's team. FChamp was very reluctant to play his Dorm team against Flocker's Hawkeye.

MODOK. Not really serious with that answer. I just like seeing Balloon bomb screwing with people trying to avoid Chun air dashes.
I'd pair MODOK with She-Hulk, but not Chun-li.

What are you going to do if you fight someone like Taskmaster or Hawkeye vs Ghost Rider?
My initial thought is: be patient and find a way in. If melee characters can do it, Ghost Rider can too. It's not a strong opinion though, I'd have to play some matches and see how it goes.

Dahbomb

What are Chun Li's mix ups? Overhead and air dash cross ups with the occasional air throw stuff? Doesn't seem to be too threatening and the lack of a good low really hurts her high low game.

Chun Li is a solid anti-rushdown character though, invincible hyper, 2 reversals and her Kicks make it really hard to get in on her.

shaowebb

I'd pair MODOK with She-Hulk, but not Chun-li.

Yeah like I said its not a serious answer. I just found it funny back in vanilla how bad balloon bombs screw with everything anyone tries to do and my chun was mainly about go behinds more than actually jump in attacks so popping behind them with Chun with a Balloon bomb slooooooowly creeping always made me laugh. Sucked together but that stuff was hilarious because dudes do not know how to deal with that assist. Call it after you kill someone to really torment an oncoming guy. People hate MODOK.
What are Chun Li's mix ups? Overhead and air dash cross ups with the occasional air throw stuff? Doesn't seem to be too threatening and the lack of a good low really hurts her high low game.

Chun Li is a solid anti-rushdown character though, invincible hyper, 2 reversals and her Kicks make it really hard to get in on her.

On a serious note that addresses what you just said though I like Chun with X-23 ankle slice assist. It looked good when Chris G was low tier hero-ing Hsien Ko. That combination was really the only reason I saw him as making it with the 3.

Dahbomb

My initial thought is: be patient and find a way in. If melee characters can do it, Ghost Rider can too. It's not a strong opinion though, I'd have to play some matches and see how it goes.
But melee characters usually either have a good wave dash or good up close normals and mix ups to threaten you with. What does Ghost Rider have when he moves forward?

The best thing you can do is corner the opponent and pile on the chip with Eat Chain and Heartless Spire. They will probably make a mistake and you can get a combo on them. I also save up my meter for LVL3 as getting someone in that is basically a character kill.

Who wants to do EVO top 8 bingo? :)

1. Filipino Champ
2. Justin Wong
3. Chris G
4. MarlinPie
5. Viscant/Flocker
7. PR Log/Combofiend
The only players that I will add to that list are Yipes and Chou.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Why can Vergil wavedash without crouch-canceling? Seriously. Just hold forward and mash on your dash macro and it works. o_O

Dahbomb

It works because he kara cancels his Stinger into a wave dash. He has one of the best wave dashes in the game because of it.

Ghost Rider has something similar but it works in the opposite direction thanks to Heartless Spire kara cancel. It's great if he wants to create space or back off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom