• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

It feels good in here right now.

• Azure is still trying to find different ways to make Dante use his specials in new ways to help youtubers jerk off with their eyes

Haha, honestly, I'm just trying to tap into my inner Batman and make the most effective uses of his tools while representing those that don't get used often enough. Seriously, why does no one use Twister/Tempest during projectile traps? Or Million Carats xx Devil Trigger for some Batman style prep time in a moment of stress?

shaowebb

I'm pretty certain that Hawkeye > Taskmaster for your team, but I'll let you know for certain when I pick up Hawkeye.
Yeah I'm pretty sure he is too, but I'm sticking with Taskmaster because I don't know Hawkeye at all really. I figure a Hawkeye with no experience is worse than a cozy Taskmaster in my case. Once I've ground out Arthur and Iron Fist together more I'll likely start practicing Hawkeye in hopes of improving the team since Hawkeye has more zoning swag.

Back dashing while calling out Arthur is a great way to get Arthur killed by hypers. Personally, the moment I see an unguarded hyper it gets burned.
Wait what? Man I totally must have phrased my shit wrong...Im Back dashing and then waiting on them to react. Thats how I'm baiting. Once they start with the flurry I start calling him and protecting his assist like a good boy by positioning and timing it. If it hits I can wave dash up and if I make it go in for pressure. If I can't make it I wave dash back out. Thats whats been sending them into frenzies. I'm staying out with an Iron Fist and shutting down zoning attempts on him. If they're good with jumping projectiles I gotta just rush it down, but if not they freak out and start teleporting like mad and throwing out assists. The latter is what I'm fishing for because when they start acting like that they're predictable enough to trap if I got a setup for their reaction worked out.

Its driving people nuts when they think they gotta bring the fight to Iron Fist so far. I'm not calling and dashing away. I dash away then call. If I ever call and dash at the same time its forward to wear the daggers as a skirt. Arthur's tinfoil armor couldn't survive otherwise lol. If they don't react to me doing something as odd as keeping out occasionally with Iron Fist then I know they're gonna play it safe and just wait me out. A lot of guys don't though and keep resorting to spam which blocking and daggers make irrelevant. If they don't move in eventually after I start popping daggers though I have to cut my losses on this attempt to trick someone and just tag out to heal him. Generally daggers give as good as I get doing this so its a tactic I can use to experiment with online. I don't get to play much and its at odd hours when I do. Usually I'm just on Gaf and working in Maya in another window so when I do play it helps having a way to bait dudes online into doing what I'm trying to train for which is reacting to teleporters and predicting assist calls.

Man I gotta plan out my sentences better next time.

My wordy thoughts no am construedening proper-likes. Damn hillbillage West Virginianianianinan edumaction. :|
That latter sentence just made an English major throw up their soul.

Posting for the new page: list or die!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah4zxqcb0_eodHZraDVlaUVPTGlXYW15VlljNWFwQUE#gid=0

For counter-picks only, of course <_<
Why not RR/Sentinel/Magneto? Then you have a decent anchor, and Sentinel is still pretty decent backed by EMD.

Yeah I'm pretty sure he is too, but I'm sticking with Taskmaster because I don't know Hawkeye at all really. I figure a Hawkeye with no experience is worse than a cozy Taskmaster in my case. Once I've ground out Arthur and Iron Fist together more I'll likely start practicing Hawkeye in hopes of improving the team since Hawkeye has more zoning swag.
Gotcha.

Wait what? Man I totally must have phrased my shit wrong...Im Back dashing and then waiting on them to react. Thats how I'm baiting. Once they start with the flurry I start calling him and protecting his assist like a good boy by positioning and timing it. If it hits I can wave dash up and if I make it go in for pressure. If I can't make it I wave dash back out. Thats whats been sending them into frenzies. I'm staying out with an Iron Fist and shutting down zoning attempts on him. If they're good with jumping projectiles I gotta just rush it down, but if not they freak out and start teleporting like mad and throwing out assists. The latter is what I'm fishing for because when they start acting like that they're predictable enough to trap if I got a setup for their reaction worked out.

Its driving people nuts when they think they gotta bring the fight to Iron Fist so far. I'm not calling and dashing away. I dash away then call. If I ever call and dash at the same time its forward to wear the daggers as a skirt. Arthur's tinfoil armor couldn't survive otherwise lol. Man I gotta plan out my sentences better next time.

My wordy thoughts no am construedening proper-likes. Damn hillbillage West Virginianianianinan edumaction. :|
That latter sentence just made an English major throw up their soul.
So...you're playing a runaway Iron Fist without assists, and people are dying? I'm honestly confused, haha. I don't follow how dashing away and then calling is helping you. Your sentences are fine, I'm just really having trouble thinking of how this is working out in your favor.

shaowebb

So...you're playing a runaway Iron Fist without assists, and people are dying? I'm honestly confused, haha. I don't follow how dashing away and then calling is helping you. Your sentences are fine, I'm just really having trouble thinking of how this is working out in your favor.

No I'm rushing it down with Iron Fist, but to try to train to react to teleports and such I randomly flip to running away if I can't open them up with normal Iron Fist pressure. If they rise to it I get to practice what I'm after which is dealing with that sort of thing. If they don't then its back to rushing it down or just plain tagging out and switching from the rushdown back to the zoning. Its not an exclusive thing. Its just something I'm doing to try and force guys to feed me the move I want to punish. If they wont chase my Iron Fist like I want then I pretty much got to go back to zoning or choose to continue trying to open them up with Iron Fist's pressure.

Its kind of surprising the reactions people give if I run away after not getting a hit in from a few rush attempts and then start staying out and just fish. Some are content to just shoot, trade and shoot some more and wait me out until I try to get inside again. Others wanna fight and if they cant just spam me to death like normal due to my assists they freak out and its generally by teleporting like crazy to get back to fighting. I think its where I don't put Iron Fist in first and I zone with Arthur on point to start the match thats making the latter dudes freak out and chase my Iron Fist if I just plain back off if I can't get anything off of rushdown. Those guys are tired of waiting after all that zoning and don't want to wait anymore for me to stop screwing around.

People freak out online if you zone them to death with Arthur and then swap to Iron Fist rushdown. The thing is if I can't penetrate their defenses and back off with Iron Fist they panic that I'm gonna start zoning again with Arthur and Task/Iron Fist assists. Im getting dudes that start teleporting like mad and chasing Iron Fist if he runs away for once because they are sick of zoning. I have never experienced anyone before wanting to slug it out with Iron Fist until now. Its why I keep wanting to get more guys to do it. Most folks simply zone out fist so its pretty cool if I can find a way to force dudes to lose composure and fight him instead of zoning me to death like usual. God I love you Arthur...your zoning makes people willing to fight Iron Fist.

Depending on what I can figure out, I might even put Rocket Raccoon on point and do Rocket/Magneto/Sentinel. I think I can do an easy corner carry into 1 million damage for two bars, which is a prerequisite for my point characters. I'm almost certain that I can reorganize my team back into Magneto/Sentinel/Raccoon with one TAC and a DHC and get a kill.

Doesn't sound bad. At the very least drones should let you get unblockables every now and then.

Doesn't sound bad. At the very least drones should let you get unblockables every now and then.

To be honest, I haven't really thought about what assist really suits Rocket Raccoon. I mean, there's the combo stuff and beam crossups or unblockable setups, but honestly nobody knows exactly how to play Raccoon yet. I think he might be a defensive but non-zoning character, but I'm not sure. He has a lot of tricks from stopping people from doing what they want, but he's not great at zoning out or doing a lot of damage in combos. Right now I'm trying to figure out the best way to stay slippery and confuse people into literally and figuratively hanging themselves, seems like the best bet.

I mean, look at Captain America. Everybody thought Drones or whatever standard assists were best for him, and wrote him off for not having the tools of other point characters. Then all of the sudden there's this Japanese guy that uses Unibeam to combo after charging star and in theory that sounds so basic, but when you see this guy play it's like, " Oh. That's how you play Captain America."

To be honest, I haven't really thought about what assist really suits Rocket Raccoon. I mean, there's the combo stuff and beam crossups or unblockable setups, but honestly nobody knows exactly how to play Raccoon yet. I think he might be a defensive but non-zoning character, but I'm not sure. He has a lot of tricks from stopping people from doing what they want, but he's not great at zoning out or doing a lot of damage in combos. Right now I'm trying to figure out the best way to stay slippery and confuse people into literally and figuratively hanging themselves, seems like the best bet.
Go ultra low health and do Strider/RR. Seems like they have a lot to offer each other.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Are you kidding? Ice Storm is one of the slowest hypers in the game unless you're DHCing into it. 41 frame startup is massive. Chaotic Flame, in comparison, is 11. It's not like the thing is super easy to counter, but it's definitely not fast. The only thing it tends to hit at high level play is assist calls unless you want to make a big guess.

I meant after the flash.

Dahbomb

It feels good in here right now.

• I'm grinding out Arthur/Iron Fist stuff.
  • God's Beard is jamming away at unlocking more potential from Rocket Raccoon
  • Karsticles is trying to come up with something using Chun/Frank after making a good Hsien-ko team and keeps brainstorming Iron Fist stuff
  • Azure is still trying to find different ways to make Dante use his specials in new ways to help youtubers jerk off with their eyes
  • Enzo is grinding out Ironman with different stuff

...and everyone else is busy grinding out their own faves as well.

Pre-EVO is always so hype. Everyone working to surprise the world with something new. God I love this time of year.
I am grinding too... I guess that's one word for it.

Frantic

This is new to me: does Ice Storm really only hit in front of Storm?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UxBpr-gAwgQ

At the 1 minute mark. Easy kill for teleporters if true.
It also has a set forward distance, too. Really noticeable if you use Spencer/Storm THC, as Spencer will usually end up just outside the hail storm, and the opponent's character will end up being pushed out of the Hail Storm.

But really, it's not like Okami Shuffle where you can teleport behind it and punish it. Once Hail Storm is out there, it's out there. There is a glitch where Hail Storm freaks out and doesn't appear in the proper spacing, but that's pretty rare and only happens to point Storm.

It also has a set forward distance, too. Really noticeable if you use Spencer/Storm THC, as Spencer will usually end up just outside the hail storm, and the opponent's character will end up being pushed out of the Hail Storm.

But really, it's not like Okami Shuffle where you can teleport behind it and punish it. Once Hail Storm is out there, it's out there. There is a glitch where Hail Storm freaks out and doesn't appear in the proper spacing, but that's pretty rare and only happens to point Storm.
Oh sure. I was just think about all those times Storm has floated up and my reaction was to superjump. If I can teleport instead, that's a good thing.

Frantic

Oh sure. I was just think about all those times Storm has floated up and my reaction was to superjump. If I can teleport instead, that's a good thing.
I suppose. The problem is, she moves backwards during the startup animation. The way I see it, she'll probably move back far enough that the teleport will be caught anyways. Guess it'd be something to test out, anyways.

I suppose. The problem is, she moves backwards during the startup animation. The way I see it, she'll probably move back far enough that the teleport will be caught anyways. Guess it'd be something to test out, anyways.
I'm pretty lazy, so I'll probably test it out in a match and lose Dormammu.

Why Magnetic Blast isn't the next level of Magneto:

following up on things that Fanatiq says, like putting yourself in a position where you aren't hitting people.

dash blasts DO NOT crush zoning, contrary to popular belief(5 frames low durability, that's it, M disruptor has 8)
Magneto's strength is pushing you into a situation where you have to fight 1v2 while dealing with his mixups. dash blasts is a defensive technique that lets your opponent make a move and call assists while losing some control of your own. Against a lot of characters, it's even a target.
It's only good uses are baiting anti-airs, combos and specific setups and crossups. Using it to stalemate your opponent doesn't put you at advantage and only serves to commit you to an action.

The best time to use Blast is matchup specific anchor battles, and even then it's dangerous. Magneto is an incredibly safe character, no need to establish screen control with blasts when you have a 7-frame beam. Shut up Karst.

The whole idea to the way I play Magneto is that he's better at hitting assists than any character in the game, period. You can't do that committing to dancing in the air. Unless I'm trying to counter zoning, I stay as low as possible while tri- and wavedashing so I can poke assists with EMD L. If I have 2 bars, I do shockwave DHC HSF, 2C. Fanatic likes to rush down, and backs off until he can cover drones with EMD shots. Either way, EMD is way more important than Blasts, but these Magneto players are all floating around -_-

Wait, I wonder if I can call log trap with 2C near the corner...

Any tips on timing Dante's bold cancel teleport after wall bounce?
Make your inputs look like this:
1) f.H
2) d + M + S
3) d + S

Or even just repeat 2) twice if it's easier for your fingers. Same result.

Why Magnetic Blast isn't the next level of Magneto:

following up on things that Fanatiq says, like putting yourself in a position where you aren't hitting people.

dash blasts DO NOT crush zoning, contrary to popular belief(5 frames low durability, that's it, M disruptor has 8)
Magneto's strength is pushing you into a situation where you have to fight 1v2 while dealing with his mixups. dash blasts is a defensive technique that lets your opponent make a move and call assists while losing some control of your own. Against a lot of characters, it's even a target.
It's only good uses are baiting anti-airs, combos and specific setups and crossups. Using it to stalemate your opponent doesn't put you at advantage and only serves to commit you to an action.

The best time to use Blast is matchup specific anchor battles, and even then it's dangerous. Magneto is an incredibly safe character, no need to establish screen control with blasts when you have a 7-frame beam. Shut up Karst.

The whole idea to the way I play Magneto is that he's better at hitting assists than any character in the game, period. You can't do that committing to dancing in the air. Unless I'm trying to counter zoning, I stay as low as possible while tri- and wavedashing so I can poke assists with EMD L. If I have 2 bars, I do shockwave DHC HSF, 2C.

Wait, I wonder if I can call log trap with 2C near the corner...
I think this is very fair.

Make your inputs look like this:
1) f.H
2) d + M + S
3) d + S

Or even just repeat 2) twice if it's easier for your fingers. Same result.

Awesome, thanks dude. One more question, how do you time Dante's bold cancel volcano? I watched the tutorial on bold canceling, but for some reason it didn't help me.

Azure J

You know what the most disrespectful and high damage thing to do as Dante is?

M - H - Stinger - Volcano - j.S (this is a 3 frame link at most I swear) - Assist (Vajira) - Volcano x 4 - etc.

I totally just screwed around with TK Volcanoes and got 4 in a row. Shit scared the fuck outta me, but man it's just so hype to hear ground pounds that often. This is also about 580K by itself, so that's wild.

Bold cancel volcano:
  1. f+H
  2. down
  3. down-forward, plink S to M

I think this is very fair.

I feel like this game is so tech-based that people are tending to look in the wrong directions. It's something that I'm definitely guilty of myself and only coming to realize in the past few weeks. Everybody's working on max damage and crazy incoming setups, but they're focusing on characters rather than basic aspects of the game like staying safe and protecting/punishing assists. How many times did you see a happy birthday in top 8 at the last two majors? How many times did it happen to Justin Wong? Or Fanatiq? What a lot of people don't realize is, if you don't put the effort into knowing the right way to use assists, then every team you fight might as well be a firebrand unblockable team. I mean, Kusoru won a major because he understood this fact.

Hell, half the people yelling how random Marvel is is because they blame happy birthday into x-factor. If it's so important, why isn't stopping it the central discussion of the Marvel community? It's like you were saying before, so many top players can kill your team in 20 seconds, but don't know where to position themselves at the beginning of the round.

Azure J

I feel like this game is so tech-based that people are tending to look in the wrong directions. It's something that I'm definitely guilty of myself and only coming to realize in the past few weeks. Everybody's working on max damage and crazy incoming setups, but they're focusing on characters rather than basic aspects of the game like staying safe and protecting/punishing assists. How many times did you see a happy birthday in top 8 at the last two majors? How many times did it happen to Justin Wong? Or Fanatiq? What a lot of people don't realize is, if you don't put the effort into knowing the right way to use assists, then every team you fight might as well be a firebrand unblockable team. I mean, Kusoru won a major because he understood this fact.

Hell, half the people yelling how random Marvel is is because they blame happy birthday into x-factor. If it's so important, why isn't stopping it the central discussion of the Marvel community?

You know, this is some real shit. Especially the bolded. I sometimes feel as though there are so many things to keep track of in this game that I want the reassurance that when I land a hit, it'll be a ToD or damn close to it especially with so many sleeper problem characters. Only problem with thinking of things like that is that you have to be like MarlinPie godlike and hyper offensive at all times for the strategy not to blow up in your face.

I wonder what kind of assist punish stuff I can come up with. I like using Crystal/Power Slash/Tiger enough that there shouldn't be much issue with grounded assists, but I should definitely research this more.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
fchamp on fgtv is beasting all over.
Some nice Dorm setups and just really nice conversions.

Anyway, main point for posting. I remember Spooky saying EVO is sold out, how would one go about getting tickets to go?

Azure J

So I just found out that you can trigger the DHC Glitch (Spinning Hard Knockdown) from Crazy/Macabre Dance. I'm thinking about how you'd even find yourself in a situation where this is viable, but hey, tech is tech. :p

Frantic

I wonder what kind of assist punish stuff I can come up with.
Stinger > Reverb Shock is pretty good against characters that prefer to stay on the ground. If you get a Happy Birthday, go into Million Dollars > XF > etc, and if you don't get a Happy Birthday, you're safe thanks to Fireworks. Then you can do some more fun stuff like Stinger > Crystal to see if the person is mashing a button/pushblock. If not, the assist gets juggled, and you're at +8 on block for more pressure. You can also try stuff like dash up s.MH > Weasel Shot to juggle the assist and put the point character in extreme amounts of blockstun for an assist + teleport mixup or what have you. Through all of this, be careful against characters with invincible supers. Don't want to eat a Bionic Arm to the face.

Another fun thing to do is Devil Trigger on block, jump up and start spamming Lightning Bolts against the assist. The point character can't push block it, so the assist is screwed unless the point character can get out and punish Dante(fat chance of that with Dante having Vortex to tear through anything). If the assist is a big enough problem, you could also X-Factor to kill the assist and deal insane amounts of chip to the point character.

AzureJericho said:
So I just found out that you can trigger the DHC Glitch (Spinning Hard Knockdown) from Crazy Dance. I'm thinking about how you'd even find yourself in a situation where this is viable, but hey, tech is tech. :p
Crazy Dance also causes a forced neutral tech like Grapple does, so you can abuse it for mixups if you've got the timing for Crazy Dance down.[/themoreyouknow]

Awesome, thanks dude. One more question, how do you time Dante's bold cancel volcano? I watched the tutorial on bold canceling, but for some reason it didn't help me.
GB's answer is awesome. I honestly somehow fit all of the inputs in one after another, lol. Going to use GB's way from now on. I don't play Dante, I just do his combos in training mode because they look cool and are fun.

You know what the most disrespectful and high damage thing to do as Dante is?

M - H - Stinger - Volcano - j.S (this is a 3 frame link at most I swear) - Assist (Vajira) - Volcano x 4 - etc.

I totally just screwed around with TK Volcanoes and got 4 in a row. Shit scared the fuck outta me, but man it's just so hype to hear ground pounds that often. This is also about 580K by itself, so that's wild.
Needs to happen at Evo.

Hell, half the people yelling how random Marvel is is because they blame happy birthday into x-factor. If it's so important, why isn't stopping it the central discussion of the Marvel community? It's like you were saying before, so many top players can kill your team in 20 seconds, but don't know where to position themselves at the beginning of the round.
You know it pisses me off when people call Marvel random, but maximum levels of nerdrage are reached when people call happy birthdays "random". It means you made an unsafe assist call idiot, and you got punished. I protect my assists like crazy, and the only time I get happy birthday'd is when I think I've gotten out of a blockstring and get frametrapped.

You know, this is some real shit. Especially the bolded. I sometimes feel as though there are so many things to keep track of in this game that I want the reassurance that when I land a hit, it'll be a ToD or damn close to it especially with so many sleeper problem characters. Only problem with thinking of things like that is that you have to be like MarlinPie godlike and hyper offensive at all times for the strategy not to blow up in your face.

I wonder what kind of assist punish stuff I can come up with. I like using Crystal/Power Slash/Tiger enough that there shouldn't be much issue with grounded assists, but I should definitely research this more.
JWong makes so many XF3 comebacks, and I don't think it's about XF3. Those level 1 Frank West comebacks at CEO were absurd, but they happened for a reason: this is a really busy game. If you're down to just one character, you can focus a lot more about the fundamentals, instead of worrying about safe assist calls and stuff. Playing all of my characters basically without assists has done worlds of good for my basic playing skills.

So I just found out that you can trigger the DHC Glitch (Spinning Hard Knockdown) from Crazy/Macabre Dance. I'm thinking about how you'd even find yourself in a situation where this is viable, but hey, tech is tech. :p
This was used in Vanilla by Ryan Heart to DHC into Veil of Mist, raw tag Dante back in, and do Volcano, j.S loops until the slow went away. It did huge damage.

Azure J

Stinger > Reverb Shock is pretty good against characters that prefer to stay on the ground. If you get a Happy Birthday, go into Million Dollars > XF > etc, and if you don't get a Happy Birthday, you're safe thanks to Fireworks. Then you can do some more fun stuff like Stinger > Crystal to see if the person is mashing a button/pushblock. If not, the assist gets juggled, and you're at +8 on block for more pressure. You can also try stuff like dash up s.MH > Weasel Shot to juggle the assist and put the point character in extreme amounts of blockstun for an assist + teleport mixup or what have you. Through all of this, be careful against characters with invincible supers. Don't want to eat a Bionic Arm to the face.

Another fun thing to do is Devil Trigger on block, jump up and start spamming Lightning Bolts against the assist. The point character can't push block it, so the assist is screwed unless the point character can get out and punish Dante(fat chance of that with Dante having Vortex to tear through anything). If the assist is a big enough problem, you could also X-Factor to kill the assist and deal insane amounts of chip to the point character.

Why aren't you making that Dante tutorial yet? Yours and Yipes are the most anticipated ones for the character from myself. :lol

Crazy Dance also causes a forced neutral tech like Grapple does, so you can abuse it for mixups if you've got the timing for Crazy Dance down.[/themoreyouknow]

[Armshouse]This bumbaclot character is BALANCED.[/Armshouse]

GB's answer is awesome. I honestly somehow fit all of the inputs in one after another, lol. Going to use GB's way from now on. I don't play Dante, I just do his combos in training mode because they look cool and are fun.

It's amazing, I'm so bad at plinking, I learned the Bold Cancel stuff doing it in sequence. Somehow it's easier for me now than any plink shortcut. :lol

Needs to happen at Evo.

Agreed. To be honest though, I knew that you could get 2 or 3, but the idea that 4 can be done with enough time for Vajira to connect for hard knockdown/put them in prime position for Beehive right afterwards is amazing to me.

This was used in Vanilla by Ryan Heart to DHC into Veil of Mist, raw tag Dante back in, and do Volcano, j.S loops until the slow went away. It did huge damage.

The Ryan Hunter loops are the biggest reason why I want Ammy second on my team. That DHC is so good. I'm wondering what the hitstun scaling will be like off the combo I figured this out on:

M - H - Stinger - Volcano - j.H - Air Play - j.H - s.S - j.H - Air Play - j.H - Killer Bee - [backdash] s.S - Clay Pigeon - Stinger Lvl. 2 - Bold Move - Sky Dance - Beehive - Stinger - BC Jet Stream - Crazy Dance - Devil Trigger - DHC Veil of Mist

I swear if I find out that Crazy Dance has viable use in matches... :lol

The cinematic DHC glitch is still really useful. It gives me my Firebrand setups, and Noel Brown uses it to level up Frank West. Veil of Mist still lets Ammy do Glaive bounce combos.

Azure J

There should be an event or something where people compete to see who can find the most swag combos using Veil of Mist to setup shenanigans. Can't Morrigan perpetually juggle someone to death like that with Soul Fists?

EDIT:
Lol. Found and old MVC3 Veil of Mist vid and check out the Chris trick

Yup.

Also I was totally watching this video recently. Hilarious stuff, although not as hilarious as that Spencer/Viewtiful Joe/Amaterasu double slowed combo by that Japanese player.

Frantic

Why aren't you making that Dante tutorial yet? Yours and Yipes are the most anticipated ones for the character from myself. :lol
Because I'm lazy, haha. Anything in particular you want to know about? I could probably make a video of it.

Also, I'm interested in Yipes' tutorial as well. Just because he plays Dante a bit differently than I do. He's more rushdown, I'm more lame.

I swear if I find out that Crazy Dance has viable use in matches... :lol
I would end all my combos that wouldn't kill with Crazy Dance if the timing wasn't so strict. The neutral tech means I could set up so much stuff off it. Alas, I'm terrible with timing things.

Azure J

Because I'm lazy, haha. Anything in particular you want to know about? I could probably make a video of it.

Also, I'm interested in Yipes' tutorial as well. Just because he plays Dante a bit differently than I do. He's more rushdown, I'm more lame.

I would end all my combos that wouldn't kill with Crazy Dance if the timing wasn't so strict. The neutral tech means I could set up so much stuff off it. Alas, I'm terrible with timing things.

Yeah, honestly, I want to be balanced between the two but I definitely have love for "lamer" Dante. He's really the Batman of this game, shines when he has prep time and understanding of his tools. :p

I don't really have anything I could ask you about at current, although I'm always down to learn something different about approaches or combos. The latter not so much for style as much as for learning "what can go after X" and the followups beyond that. I'm still experimenting with the different specials to see what goes after them in sequence.

As for the Crazy Dance stuff, I'd try and learn the same stuff. The input for the actual cancel into it is like an S press 2 or so frames earlier than you would do for Fireworks. Really, I just mash S three times right as Reverb starts to come to a halt (re: loses forward momentum) on an opponent and it works. Now to get it consistent with Revolver and Jet Stream.

Kioshen

I made this up real quick - everyone with the link should be able to edit it. It's my first time using Google Docs like this, so let me know if there's a problem. Add your name alphabetically by GAF username for ease of perusal.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah4zxqcb0_eodHZraDVlaUVPTGlXYW15VlljNWFwQUE#gid=0

Thanks for that, I've added my name in the list and also made some slight tweaks to the sheet. I've fixed the headers, added filters so that people can resort on whichever columns they choose and resorted the first column because you asked for it.

Bizazedo

Biz how was The Break?

Really cool, plan on going back, but it's also the reason I set the PS3 back up. Need to break in these new controllers / get used to it. In short, I went in assuming too much and couldn't execute. Totally on me and I'm a fuck up in real life lol.

Further emphasizes, though, that a lot / huge amount of the difference between some players is just not dropping combos.

And spacing / footsies :).

I'll be around. I'll probably be using Hsien-ko or Chun-li.

Don't care. Hell, Demon Hyo uses Chun-Li, so it's fine. It'll be set up as of tonight, so just yell at me what time and I'll make sure to be on.

Grecco

fchamp on fgtv is beasting all over.
Some nice Dorm setups and just really nice conversions.

Anyway, main point for posting. I remember Spooky saying EVO is sold out, how would one go about getting tickets to go?

If you plan on competing, you have till tonight. Its not sold out. Its sold out just for people who just plan on going.

mr. puppy

Banned
anyone ever construct a team specifically around avoiding incoming mixups? I was thinking something like Morrigan/Sentinel/Strider, since those 3 are really good at it and it looks like a halfway decent team synergy wise.

Do people just call the DHC spinning hard knockdown state a 'glitch' out of habit? It's not really a glitch because if the spinning knockdown state wasn't implemented, it would make cinematic hypers difficult to DHC from. The actual glitch part from vanilla was the hitstun and damage scaling reset.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Next level of Mags (imo) is the autocorrect j.normals, unfly -> grabs to negate pushblocking (nobody has been doing them and they've been present since vanilla), and the M.Blasts setups Alioune, RayRay, and some of the Mag's forum users have been posting.

With drones, it gets to a silly point where it's MvC2 levels of bullshit.

The only thing I disagree with is Disruptor being the go to tool. EMD -> Shockwave is cool as ice, until a teleporting character catches on to your shit. You should be using both, akin to F.Champ, imo.

Nobody uses Force Field. :(

LakeEarth

Do people just call the DHC spinning hard knockdown state a 'glitch' out of habit? It's not really a glitch because if the spinning knockdown state wasn't implemented, it would make cinematic hypers difficult to DHC from. The actual glitch part from vanilla was the hitstun and damage scaling reset.

You're completely right, but I think it's cursed with that name. Unless someone coins a new phrase for the spinning effect that catches.

The timing of the happy birthday and the level 3 are perfect.

Are there any other moves that cause a forced neutral tech?

The cinematic DHC glitch is still really useful. It gives me my Firebrand setups, and Noel Brown uses it to level up Frank West. Veil of Mist still lets Ammy do Glaive bounce combos.

DHCing from Rock and Roll before the last hit gives a super long spinning knockdown, like that target combo glitch from SfxT. Does that happen with million dollars? I swear it takes 10 seconds for them to fall. I can x-factor, teleport and set up several traps.

Next level of Mags (imo) is the autocorrect j.normals,

reset23o97u.gif

unfly -> grabs to negate pushblocking (nobody has been doing them and they've been present since vanilla)
Using it to negate pushblocking is a guess. I do unfly low/throw all the time, though as a mixup.

and the M.Blasts setups Alioune, RayRay, and some of the Mag's forum users have been posting.

The only thing I disagree with is Disruptor being the go to tool. EMD -> Shockwave is cool as ice, until a teleporting character catches on to your shit. You should be using both, akin to F.Champ, imo.
As I said, using them for setups is great. The whole reason fanatiq started going off is because Ray Ray and FChamp don't really understand Blasts as well as they should and throw a lot of bad ones in situations where Fanatiq could punish them. They're terrible at protecting assists unless you're so close to your opponent that it doesn't really make a difference. Defensive mag blasts only serve to bide time while putting you in a situation where you invite the opponent to be the aggressor. If you're trying to kill your opponent's x-factor or a power up hyper, fine. But it's a matchup specific technique, not an all around tool like people are trying to use it.

And why would you do EMD -> shockwave in a situation where they can punish you anyway? I'm not advocating EMD to shockwave, that makes no sense. Just EMD. Shockwave is after a hitconfirm on an assist, and I always always DHC to HSF.

Nobody uses Force Field. :(

Because it's crap. L is one of the best anti-airs in the game, and leads to better and more reliable combos without the same commitment. All that's left is the projectile destruction which is kinda like, so what? It has too much recovery and too few active frames and magneto's movement is too good at avoiding projectiles to matter. I can't think of a single situation where it's his best option. If you activate it during a blockstring you either get tagged straight up or your opponent recovers before the attack and you get tagged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom