• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeTmAn81

Somehow I want to see somebody start doing godlike things with TK'ed Vortexes from a Devil Triggered Dante. An invincible move that close to the ground which can lead into full combos against aggressive rushdown? That has to be abusable.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
As I said, using them for setups is great. The whole reason fanatiq started going off is because Ray Ray and FChamp don't really understand Blasts as well as they should and throw a lot of bad ones in situations where Fanatiq could punish them. They're terrible at protecting assists unless you're so close to your opponent that it doesn't really make a difference. Defensive mag blasts only serve to bide time while putting you in a situation where you invite the opponent to be the aggressor. If you're trying to kill your opponent's x-factor or a power up hyper, fine. But it's a matchup specific technique, not an all around tool like people are trying to use it.

Who the hell uses it to protect assists? It should be common knowledge that EMD H is what's used to protect your assists. o.0 RayRay's setup is for offense, not protecting drones.

Eh, people play Magnus different ways, because he's versatile in both lanes of play. If you're zoning, using both of them should be second nature. If your rushing down, it's another option. Relying on EMD more than the other will get you as messed up as just using m.blasts, especially on anchor.

And why would you do EMD -> shockwave in a situation where they can punish you anyway? I'm not advocating EMD to shockwave, that makes no sense. Just EMD. Shockwave is after a hitconfirm on an assist, and I always always DHC to HSF.

And that's cool and all, but that's as situational and matchup dependent as M.blasts (nobody should be using them to attack assists...). I'd hope nobody is going to keep casually calling their assist against Mag without protecting theirs as well.

Because it's crap. L is one of the best anti-airs in the game, and leads to better and more reliable combos without the same commitment. All that's left is the projectile destruction which is kinda like, so what? It has too much recovery and too few active frames and magneto's movement is too good at avoiding projectiles to matter. I can't think of a single situation where it's his best option. If you activate it during a blockstring you either get tagged straight up or your opponent recovers before the attack and you get tagged.

No doubt, it is. If it comes out by mistake, people really should waste the meter and cancel it into shockwave.

Somehow I want to see somebody start doing godlike things with TK'ed Vortexes from a Devil Triggered Dante. An invincible move that close to the ground which can lead into full combos against aggressive rushdown? That has to be abusable.

Karst knows an infinite chip blockstring with TK vortexes and dark harmonizer.

Thanks for that, I've added my name in the list and also made some slight tweaks to the sheet. I've fixed the headers, added filters so that people can resort on whichever columns they choose and resorted the first column because you asked for it.
Thanks! I didn't know how to do any of that.

Don't care. Hell, Demon Hyo uses Chun-Li, so it's fine. It'll be set up as of tonight, so just yell at me what time and I'll make sure to be on.
My Chun-li will be day 1 though, that's why I want to make sure you're okay with it. Then again, I might not be okay with playing against Zero right away, haha. It's the only character that makes me go "screw this" when I'm trying to learn new characters.

anyone ever construct a team specifically around avoiding incoming mixups? I was thinking something like Morrigan/Sentinel/Strider, since those 3 are really good at it and it looks like a halfway decent team synergy wise.
I only play characters without air dashes for this reason. I don't think that's a good team, though. What exactly does Strider have to avoid incoming mix-ups that any other character with some kind of aerial mobility does not have?

Do people just call the DHC spinning hard knockdown state a 'glitch' out of habit? It's not really a glitch because if the spinning knockdown state wasn't implemented, it would make cinematic hypers difficult to DHC from. The actual glitch part from vanilla was the hitstun and damage scaling reset.
I know it's not a glitch, and that's why I sometimes put it in scare quotes. I'm not sure how to refer to what I'm doing otherwise, because it's a unique property. If someone game up with a smooth way of referring to it, I'd adopt that instead.

Are there any other moves that cause a forced neutral tech?
It feels like Samurai Edge does in corners...haha.

And why would you do EMD -> shockwave in a situation where they can punish you anyway? I'm not advocating EMD to shockwave, that makes no sense. Just EMD. Shockwave is after a hitconfirm on an assist, and I always always DHC to HSF.
How good is Rock and Roll at connecting after HSF in that combo?

Karst knows an infinite chip blockstring with TK vortexes and dark harmonizer.
It turned out to be really messy. Vortex strangely passes through opponents a lot of the time, I thought it would stay on them. Also, if you TK the Vortex low enough to the ground, you pretty much land afterward unless your execution is absolutely perfect. Devil Trigger is still nasty with Dark Harmonizer since you can get net meter gain by the time it's over, but that idea didn't pan out once I messed with it some.

JeTmAn81

*watching last night's Runback*

Oh, Richard Nguyen. Your combos and execution are so godlike. When will you learn to make your fancy anime characters respect armor and invincibility? Also, facepalm once again at a team with Sentinel on Rocket Punch assist.

Bizazedo

My Chun-li will be day 1 though, that's why I want to make sure you're okay with it. Then again, I might not be okay with playing against Zero right away, haha. It's the only character that makes me go "screw this" when I'm trying to learn new characters.

Use whatever team y'like, even switch. S'long as it's not like every match, I'm fine. And I'm like you, I'll go 100 matches before I get tired (assuming it's not like 20 wins me, zero wins other guy anyways).

Use whatever team y'like, even switch. S'long as it's not like every match, I'm fine. And I'm like you, I'll go 100 matches before I get tired (assuming it's not like 20 wins me, zero wins other guy anyways).
Excellent. Hopefully we have a good connection. Add your info to the Google Doc listing and I'll add you.

Oh, Richard Nguyen. Your combos and execution are so godlike. When will you learn to make your fancy anime characters respect armor and invincibility? Also, facepalm once again at a team with Sentinel on Rocket Punch assist.
That team drives me nuts. It's the perfect Hulk team, and the player things Hulk needs an OTG over drones?! GAH! Hulk can already break 800K solo if you take the time to learn his combos, since he can ground and wall bounce by himself. I figured these out in a day for...who knows why, but I did.

JeTmAn81

That dream drives me nuts. It's the perfect Hulk team, and the player things Hulk needs an OTG over drones?! GAH! Hulk can already break 800K solo if you take the time to learn his combos, since he can ground and wall bounce by himself. I figured these out in a day for...who knows why, but I did.

Yeah, Hulk benefits massively from lockdown. And of course my Hulk team runs missiles, which double as both OTG and lockdown, letting me get a million easily for one bar!

Vice

If it works it works.

How good is Rock and Roll at connecting after HSF in that combo?

Really good, it's enough to kill off the assist from full health if you use all three. There's just not many times I have that much meter available with Magneto on point since I don't go for resets against a full team. Ideally, I'd like to learn Fanatiq's lvl1 x-factor combo so I can kill the point character without meter.

It turned out to be really messy. Vortex strangely passes through opponents a lot of the time, I thought it would stay on them. Also, if you TK the Vortex low enough to the ground, you pretty much land afterward unless your execution is absolutely perfect. Devil Trigger is still nasty with Dark Harmonizer since you can get net meter gain by the time it's over, but that idea didn't pan out once I messed with it some.

Hmm, that's unfortunate.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
That team drives me nuts. It's the perfect Hulk team, and the player things Hulk needs an OTG over drones?! GAH! Hulk can already break 800K solo if you take the time to learn his combos, since he can ground and wall bounce by himself. I figured these out in a day for...who knows why, but I did.

That combo is hard as hell to get going if you do st.H all day like every Hulk does. If stupid st.H didn't cause a ground bounce I could land the combo you are talking about no problem.

The best way to do it is to start with cr. L since st. M whiffs on most crouching opponents.

Which is why it's easier to just have an OTG assist. More damaging and much easier combo. And I can still throw out st.H all day and not think.

Also why I think Hulk needs 3 assists sometimes.

JeTmAn81

That combo is hard as hell to get going if you do st.H all day like every Hulk does. If stupid st.H didn't cause a ground bounce I could land the combo you are talking about no problem.

The best way to do it is to start with cr. L since st. M whiffs on most crouching opponents.

Which is why it's easier to just have an OTG assist. More damaging and much easier combo. And I can still throw out st.H all day and not think.

Yeah, I prefer s.H for the armor and general priority over trying to preserve the groundbounce. Though, I am generally calling missiles at the same time I'm hitting them with the H, so if it hits I launch them, immediately knock them back down, the missiles OTG them, they get launched again into a full air series, knocked down again, then a final relaunch via Katana-rama. That last relaunch isn't really necessary, but I like having Deadpool for air throw conversions. I've been thinking about running Quick Work instead since it hits low but haven't really been able to make it work for combo extension.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
That player should still probably be running Drones over Rocket Punch though.

Yeah, I prefer s.H for the armor and general priority over trying to preserve the groundbounce. Though, I am generally calling missiles at the same time I'm hitting them with the H, so if it hits I launch them, immediately knock them back down, the missiles OTG them, they get launched again into a full air series, knocked down again, then a final relaunch via Katana-rama. That last relaunch isn't really necessary, but I like having Deadpool for air throw conversions. I've been thinking about running Quick Work instead since it hits low but haven't really been able to make it work for combo extension.

Damn 2 relaunches? How much damage does that do?

JeTmAn81

That player should still probably be running Drones over Rocket Punch though.

Damn 2 relaunches? How much damage does that do?

Approximately 1 million. DHC's into Deadpool (Cuttin' Time) for almost enough to kill Thor. And if I have two bars at the beginning of the combo, it's GG for any character (1.3 million+ after the Sphere Flame). I typically only get that full sequence when somebody gets bopped by s.H, but it could actually work just about as well if I don't call Doom until I launch the first time.

Really good, it's enough to kill off the assist from full health if you use all three. There's just not many times I have that much meter available with Magneto on point since I don't go for resets against a full team. Ideally, I'd like to learn Fanatiq's lvl1 x-factor combo so I can kill the point character without meter.
I think that's a good idea.

My further thought is this, though:
Hulk tends to get opponents cornered pretty fast through Gamma Charge backed by drones. In corners, Hulk doesn't need an OTG to relaunch, he becomes kind of like Dormammu, and can relaunch from lots of stuff. So instead of using Rocket Punch, can't the player be happy with using Double Lariat to relaunch for big damage? That's what makes sense to me, at least. Hulk on point, not Haggar.

I get the s.H > s.M thing, but I also think that if you have Haggar on your team, you can just cancel that s.M into a command throw without worrying if someone ducks under it.

Still working out the kinks, but this is the solo Rocket combo that I have so far:

Mr Flapper, dash, 6HS, jLLHS, Mr.Flapper, Log Trap, Oil Bomb xx Mad Hopper(L+H), 6HS, jHS, Rocket Skate down, H(ignites oil) xx Claymore, 6H xx Claymore, Rock and Roll

I need to learn about his loops, though. I should see what other people have cooked up.

Because it's crap. L is one of the best anti-airs in the game, and leads to better and more reliable combos without the same commitment. All that's left is the projectile destruction which is kinda like, so what? It has too much recovery and too few active frames and magneto's movement is too good at avoiding projectiles to matter. I can't think of a single situation where it's his best option. If you activate it during a blockstring you either get tagged straight up or your opponent recovers before the attack and you get tagged.

Wasn't there mention of using the force field to get out of unblockable setups though?

God DAMN

I know it's not a glitch, and that's why I sometimes put it in scare quotes. I'm not sure how to refer to what I'm doing otherwise, because it's a unique property. If someone game up with a smooth way of referring to it, I'd adopt that instead.

Spinning juggle? That's pretty much what it is.

Still working out the kinks, but this is the solo Rocket combo that I have so far:

Mr Flapper, dash, 6HS, jLLHS, Mr.Flapper, Log Trap, Oil Bomb xx Mad Hopper(L+H), 6HS, jHS, Rocket Skate down, H(ignites oil) xx Claymore, 6H xx Claymore, Rock and Roll

I need to learn about his loops, though. I should see what other people have cooked up.

Well, for practical loops there are the Romket Skates for whenever you hit with a log, and of course the boulder loop for finishing pretty much every combo that ends up in the corner.

Honestly though, I can't really see the bear trap as a combo starter at all, but hey, I've never tried it so *shrug*

Well, how about just "spin"?
The circumstances talked about here are specifically created through a particular combination of hypers. Namely, from a cinematic hyper to a utility hyper. You can't encompass all of that with "spin", especially in a game that already created spinning knockdown through a variety of other means.

The circumstances talked about here are specifically created through a particular combination of hypers. Namely, from a cinematic hyper to a utility hyper. You can't encompass all of that with "spin", especially in a game that already created spinning knockdown through a variety of other means.

Hmm...ok, I can't think of anything good -.-

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

I think that it can technically be labeled as a glitch still depending on how it's initiated. As people have already said, the spinning knockdown was intended to give ample time to DHC off of certain animation supers, however when the property carries over into other moves (such as Dance Macabre), I think it can still be classified as a glitch.

I think that it can technically be labeled as a glitch still depending on how it's initiated. As people have already said, the spinning knockdown was intended to give ample time to DHC off of certain animation supers, however when the property carries over into other moves (such as Dance Macabre), I think it can still be classified as a glitch.
In my opinion, when Capcom knows about it happening and decides to keep it in through a full game revision, it no longer counts as a glitch, and it's now a feature.

DAT GRAVITY SQUEEZE HAND:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_c1BBDCj5kE

You will get hyped watching this match from the crowd perspective.

WJFYt.jpg

Azure J

Oh man, optimized Dante combos that do 750K ~ 820K with one assist? I got those. Thank you based Sky Dance. I also finally found two uses for Cold Shots in combos and brushed up on my shot loops (2 bullet & 8 bullet variations). Today's been great.

I feel great, I feel incredible. Fuck, I'm gonna try learning some Ammy now and keep the momentum up.

From the FGC thread, lol.

Lightning is some serious bullshit in every game, isn't it? :lol

Azure J

Except Pokemon. :(

Well, the Electric types are bad. The moves are good. So I guess it still counts? :lol

I'd say yeah although I have some massive love/nostalgia for Raichu, Zapdos, Magneton (FUCK that evolution it got though, shit looks like a flying toaster), Ampharos, & most recently Eelektross.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Okay this is cool. I still think having a Marvel PS3 chat room would be the best though. That way we can see who's on while we play. Man this thread moves pretty fast for being in the community section. Everyday there is a page or two of new posts. How do you guys post so often lol.

We have one but no one really uses it until we actually do play each other.

Lol there's a lurker who added their name to the list. God speed House of Paincakes.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
taskmaster doesn't teleport and grab you. plus i don't remember taskmaster air grabbing somebody on the ground.

I always felt like Taskmaster's airthrow range was better than Wesker's, but I could be wrong. I've been scooped by a lot of characters while the animation was almost touching the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom