• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kimo got banned again, eh? What was it for this time?

Also, Darkstalkers is stupid. Never saw the appeal, aside from "oh man it's not Street Fighter yay."

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Kimo got banned again, eh? What was it for this time?

Also, Darkstalkers is stupid. Never saw the appeal, aside from "oh man it's not Street Fighter yay."

Throwing a hissy fit over people liking Create a Soul in Soul Calibur V.

This is the worst thing you've ever said in MahvelGAF. I could excuse the ASW hate, but this...

smh
Throwing a hissy fit over people liking Create a Soul in Soul Calibur V.
...really?
Why does Kimosabae hate everyone lol?
I think he doesn't hate me. We've had a few agreements here or there and no fights as far as I'm aware. :p
Sup guys. Any news other than Sony having their dick up Capcom's ass?
What's going on, maaaaaaaaaaan!? Haven't seen you in here for a while!

:]

This is the worst thing you've ever said in MahvelGAF. I could excuse the ASW hate, but this...

smh

It's not a bad game, I just think it's stupid and I don't like it. Kinda like my feelings with FF6; I don't like the game at all, but I know it's not a bad game. ASW (and FF4, to continue with the FF analogue) are in another league of suckage entirely, though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Darkstalkers, from my limited knowledge of them, are exemplary of some fantastic character visual design, and some fast paced action, which I love in fighting games. Other than that I've yet to check out all the footage SolarPowered ejaculated into my PM box.

They're like Street Fighter characters, they're pretty standard stereotypes/archetypes/characterizations that they add a little variation to or put a twist on and suddenly create some memorable and charming designs. Well, that's what made me fall in love with Anakaris in MvC2 anyways.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Are y'all sure that's what Kimo got banned for? That a bit.. tame. I mean it's Kimo being grumpy Kimo but that doesn't seem that ban worthy unless he's been harassing people forever in that thread.

Nope. Worst is 12 far and none.

My list goes 6,Tactics, 4, 9(yes it is a good game and nobody plays it, shame), 10, 7(don't like the characters outside of Sephiroth), all the rest, then 12.

The characters, story and boss battles of 4 made me smile and had a blast as did the optional fights for the summons and weapons and such.

Neki

It's not a bad game, I just think it's stupid and I don't like it. Kinda like my feelings with FF6; I don't like the game at all, but I know it's not a bad game. ASW (and FF4, to continue with the FF analogue) are in another league of suckage entirely, though.

why you gotta hate good games

Are y'all sure that's what Kimo got banned for? That a bit.. tame. I mean it's Kimo being grumpy Kimo but that doesn't seem that ban worthy unless he's been harassing people forever in that thread.
That was the straw that broke the camel's back. Also, it was a poorly-timed post after Tekno layed out a warning for people to calm down.

My list goes 6,Tactics, 4, 9(yes it is a good game and nobody plays it, shame), 10, 7(don't like the characters outside of Sephiroth), all the rest, then 12.

The characters, story and boss battles of 4 made me smile and had a blast as did the optional fights for the summons and weapons and such.

I hated 4 because everyone kept dying and coming back. Once those awful twins died, I deleted my save and never played the game again.
why you gotta hate good games

I'm a card-carrying hater. Also, Chrono Trigger is better than both FF4 and 6.

Neki

That was the straw that broke the camel's back. Also, it was a poorly-timed post after Tekno layed out a warning for people to calm down.

I hated 4 because everyone kept dying and coming back. Once those awful twins died, I deleted my save and never played the game again.

I'm a card-carrying hater. Also, Chrono Trigger is better than both FF4 and 6.

Chrono Trigger is on par with FF6, it is a great game. One of the many games I can replay infinite times.

and why did I click on the link LOL

Huh? Unless you were playing DS,or GBA version the twins stay dead. The only chars you can use in your party at the end are: Cecil, Kaine, Cleric lady, and Rydia(grown up, I luv her) and Edge.

Everyone else dead or out of it.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
A little later. But we might not have one if nobody shows up.

I'd play but if it's the HBR format I can't mainly because I can't be up at 5AM (in three hours) let alone 7 like last time today.

Is it bad that I still read all his posts in Jaha's nerd voice?

Anyway to get a little more on topic. I'm currently running a tertiary team of Cap/Mag/Doom mostly due to Cap being so fun to play as. However I'm not too sure I'm digging Magneto at the moment, his purpose mainly being for handspring cross-ups when I'm finding them pretty difficult to set up. Am I missing any tricks on that front? Or would anybody have better suggestions for the 3rd spot in a Cap/Doom team?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Kadey and Frantic,

Put me down for either Live stream or regular lobby.

FF9 is on my top 3 or 4 FF games. I thought it was underrated due to chibi graphic.

Grifter

Is it bad that I still read all his posts in Jaha's nerd voice?

Anyway to get a little more on topic. I'm currently running a tertiary team of Cap/Mag/Doom mostly due to Cap being so fun to play as. However I'm not too sure I'm digging Magneto at the moment, his purpose mainly being for handspring cross-ups when I'm finding them pretty difficult to set up. Am I missing any tricks on that front? Or would anybody have better suggestions for the 3rd spot in a Cap/Doom team?
I like Ryu/Akuma for flipping mixups, although I'm not sure how much you like using them.
Beef I'm going to miss your beautiful avatar whenever it's up.

March 3rd, IIRC. That day can't come soon enough.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Looks like we are no longer "PSNers", It's now SEN.

Which I find funny because my friends used to say "sen" all of the time. "Awww sen"

Animatik

Neo Member
Hey marvel-gaf

New to posting in here. Been playing since vanilla and i figured what the heck time to play with some gaffers. Anybody up for some friendly games on Xbox live? Going to be on for a couple of hours.
Tag : animat

Run a shuma, skrull, she hulk team and Iam in SoCal, Redondo beach area

Just invite or message me on live. Thanks!

shaowebb

Odd thought, but if Hsien Ko's random item toss was a move you could input and hold the attack button to charge and get better weapons she'd probably be someone I'd pick more. I like that move, but random projectile properties kinda suck. If I could charge it up to get that stun move it'd be great. I haven't played her much though in the past so how do the Hsien Ko vets feel about this idea?

EDIT: (Just caught up on past couple of pages) Okay I gotta say I agree with God's Beard here. As much as I love TVC and would want TVC2 I gotta say Shonen Jump vs Capcom would be superior in both marketability and cast choices. After all its hard to come up with too many other kinds of TVC characters that aren't really similar after awhile (thought bringing back Volter...). However, Shonen Jump gives you DBZ, Bleach, One Piece, Naruto, Fist of the Northstar, Sailor Moon (i think...) and a shitload of other crazy stuff like Sandland, Dr. Slump and other more obscure stuff.

The idea of seeing Vegeta vs Akuma and Ryu vs Goku has me pumped and you KNOW they'd do Luffy vs either Dhalsim or Seth with this. So good. Here's hoping Niitsuma fulfills your wishes and mine Beard.

Azure J

Odd thought, but if Hsien Ko's random item toss was a move you could input and hold the attack button to charge and get better weapons she'd probably be someone I'd pick more. I like that move, but random projectile properties kinda suck. If I could charge it up to get that stun move it'd be great. I haven't played her much though in the past so how do the Hsien Ko vets feel about this idea?

It's a cool idea, but the thing about that move was that it was never meant to be a "hurr durr random" item chuck. There was a certain pattern to it that alerted the Hsien-Ko player when they would have a good item on hand (dizzy item) and from there, they would take it and mix it into her godly strong mixup game to keep setting up resets/high-lows or "unblockables". While this suggestion is good for fixing her MVC3 archetype, it doesn't do her character style any help overall. Then it also comes with the downside of charge time and given how slow she is already, I don't think you want to run the risk of getting countered before you even initiate what you had planned with this new item toss fix.

I like Ryu/Akuma for flipping mixups, although I'm not sure how much you like using them.

I've played around with them a bit and I do think tatsus are better assists for the flipping. However I feel Doom missiles are more effective with magnetos zoning when they don't have much application with Ryu/Akuma outside of lock-down into overheads. I'm just looking for assists that will help cap outside of flip/double jump mix-ups and combo extensions.

shaowebb

It's a cool idea, but the thing about that move was that it was never meant to be a "hurr durr random" item chuck. There was a certain pattern to it that alerted the Hsien-Ko player when they would have a good item on hand (dizzy item) and from there, they would take it and mix it into her godly strong mixup game to keep setting up resets/high-lows or "unblockables". While this suggestion is good for fixing her MVC3 archetype, it doesn't do her character style any help overall. Then it also comes with the downside of charge time and given how slow she is already, I don't think you want to run the risk of getting countered before you even initiate what you had planned with this new item toss fix.

Good points. She's really slow with a lot of moves and she'd have to have some serious lockdown action on screen to allow her to have a charge move that you'd ever get full. Like I said, I don't play her but I'd like to see more of her. Any Darkstalker memories or Capcom Fighting Jam players who remember Hsien Ko's game plan in those games since she was pretty viable in them? Did she have cancels or induce more hit/block stun on her moves or something?

It's a bandaid on an infected wound, but it could be a very nice tool if set up properly for post knowckdown state. Maybe charging for certain amounts of time would allow her to toss several items that hit overhead or with a set amount of blockstun? That could be pretty crazy with the right lockdown assists.

I'd settle for an increase in the durability of her items, a hitbox on bombs and dizzy recovery if hit by a dizzy in the air though.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
HBR is a no go. I guess people are out taking in the cold air. Womp womp womp.

I'll be play some AE if anybody is up for it.

shaowebb

It's a bandaid on an infected wound, but it could be a very nice tool if set up properly for post knowckdown state. Maybe charging for certain amounts of time would allow her to toss several items that hit overhead or with a set amount of blockstun? That could be pretty crazy with the right lockdown assists.

I'd settle for an increase in the durability of her items, a hitbox on bombs and dizzy recovery if hit by a dizzy in the air though.

You just confirmed both of my thoughts on her lol. Be good with lots of lockdown to help her get it out, and that she could use more durability/stun properties to her moves. No if only there was a cancel mechanic possible to suggest to make the beginning of a move animation quicker instead of cancels just to make the recovery safe. Just start shaving frames off her moves or give her a move like Terry Bogard's ground wave projectile that's fast to pop, lasts forever and is slow, and hits low/otg's. I'd do that all day every day if she had something as ridiculous as that to keep her safe and to extend without meter blowing for OTG's.

Ah well what do I know though. I haven't played more than maybe 2 weeks of Ultimate since it came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom