• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Quick, someone call someone out for a grudge match and shit talk each other so I have something interesting to read when I wake up.

Quick, someone call someone out for a grudge match and shit talk each other so I have something interesting to read when I wake up.

Art, we all know you post on GAF. I'm just gonna say that you are free in Sonic Generations.

EDIT: Stream Monsters work fast!

mphiY.jpg

KuGsj.gif

Tirael

Hi all. I've been lurking since Intelliheath had the She-Hulk avatar, since before shaowebb had text on that one avatar, you know the one, but it wasn't until now that my account got validated. So I guess this will be my impromptu introduction post.

A little about me: I can't play online where I'm at, but my very first team (in vanilla) was Dante/Wolvie/Arthur. I stopped using Arthur after several comebacks on anchor being extremely frustrating to my friends. So I switched to Wesker, and things didn't improve much for them. Currently I'm using Dante/Frank/Sir Dormington. My friends just have no idea what to do against Dormammu, and his cross-ups are nasty.

I would have loved to see Gene and X in the game, since Gene was made for a game like this. And no matter if you love him or hate him, X deserved a spot. However, I'm not gonna beat you guys over the head with it, I know you've heard it all before. (Since I've been reading it, of course.) I guess that's pretty much it, I look forward to participating in discussion with you guys!

tl;dr: Sup.

Hi all. I've been lurking since Intelliheath had the She-Hulk avatar, since before shaowebb had text on that one avatar, you know the one, but it wasn't until now that my account got validated. So I guess this will be my impromptu introduction post.

A little about me: I can't play online where I'm at, but my very first team (in vanilla) was Dante/Wolvie/Arthur. I stopped using Arthur after several comebacks on anchor being extremely frustrating to my friends. So I switched to Wesker, and things didn't improve much for them. Currently I'm using Dante/Frank/Sir Dormington. My friends just have no idea what to do against Dormammu, and his cross-ups are nasty.

I would have loved to see Gene and X in the game, since Gene was made for a game like this. And no matter if you love him or hate him, X deserved a spot. However, I'm not gonna beat you guys over the head with it, I know you've heard it all before. (Since I've been reading it, of course.) I guess that's pretty much it, I look forward to participating in discussion with you guys!

Welcome!

I use Zero but I am ass and I watch people play Marvel way more than I actually play it.

Kaiden

Neo Member
After lurking for months and months, I'm finally able to join MarvelGAF.

Feels good.

When's the next Xbox lobby? I want to scrub it up.

Kaiden

Neo Member
Welcome! Who do you use?

I've been trying to make a team of Doom / Frank / Strider work but I've been busy with school recently so I'm crazy rusty. Sometimes I'll use Wolverine / Frank / Strider or Wolv / Doom / Strider.

It's not the best team but right now I'm just playing for fun until my time frees up and I can train.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Floe is the only person I know who is still using AOL. Most of us haven't touched the thing since the 90s.

I'm probably going to do Live HBR later tonight. PM me for a spot. Getting rid of the character rule completely since I can't keep track of it while streaming and doing other things at once.

I haven't trained much lately, but I actually got myself a pretty sweet new Zero combo tonight. Like, one that I'm not gonna drop. I also figured out the source of some of my execution errors, so, progress!

Maybe I'll even give Doom another shot...

Edit: I can do the clock loop! With the whiffed M and the trijump and everything! There might be hope for me yet!

Man, this will be awesome if I can actually crack Doom open. He's not battle-ready yet, but I'm starting to get more comfortable with his movement and his most important loops. Zero/Wesker/Doom has pretty much been my dream team since ultimate came out, at least since I figured out Vergil's not the best fit for me. I've tried to pick up Doom and given up a bunch of times already, but now that I'm returning to the game after like a month of no marvel, I think it's starting to kind of work.

I think imma be a lab monster this weekend. Zero bullshit backed up by plasma beam, here I come!

LakeEarth

Edit: I can do the clock loop! With the whiffed M and the trijump and everything! There might be hope for me yet!
So you have to do a whiffed M to do the combo? I'm always seeing Doom's doing it but I thought it was a timing thing. I really should go to SRK's Doom page. I'm still doing the Buktooth loop.

So you have to do a whiffed M to do the combo? I'm always seeing Doom's doing it but I thought it was a timing thing. I really should go to SRK's Doom page. I'm still doing the Buktooth loop.

I'm no expert, so I don't know exactly what is required, but you drop down a hell of a lot faster if you whiff an attack after airdashing DF.

LakeEarth

I'm no expert, so I don't know exactly what is required, but you drop down a hell of a lot faster if you whiff an attack after airdashing DF.

That explains why I have a hard time with the "new" Doom combo. I've been just trying to do it low to the ground.

BTW, most of you probably seen this, but if you're looking for more Combofiend action and just a really awesome tournament, check out the WNF archives.

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Welcome to MarvelGAF!

I am sure that many people felt same with you about more characters being in umvc3. If we are getting dlc then I suspect that we are getting gene but not megaman x for some strange reason.

Glad that you got my name right, unlike many people who like to call me health. :p

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Floe is the only person I know who is still using AOL. Most of us haven't touched the thing since the 90s.

I'm probably going to do Live HBR later tonight. PM me for a spot. Getting rid of the character rule completely since I can't keep track of it while streaming and doing other things at once.

I could keep track of characters!!! :B

only reason why I asked for it because it would give me little chance to win against people

Edited:

For person who asked for scrub live matches,

When you are free. Just let me know. I am scrubby with new teams

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
I wish I could run a Haggar, She Hulk, Hulk team without being at a huge disadvantage zoning/assist wise. sigh.

LakeEarth

I wish I could run a Haggar, She Hulk, Hulk team without being at a huge disadvantage zoning/assist wise. sigh.

Yeah, there's very little synergy there. No good anchor either. Though pipe + She-Hulk's slide assist might be unblockable (the assist hits low, right?).

Those characters do good with drones, any full screen forward assist really. He's a little weird at first, but Hawkeye is the cure to most zoning teams, and would actually be good in the third slot unlike your three picks.

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, there's very little synergy there. No good anchor either. Though pipe + She-Hulk's slide assist might be unblockable (the assist hits low, right?).

Those characters do good with drones, any full screen forward assist really. He's a little weird at first, but Hawkeye is the cure to most zoning teams, and would actually be good in the third slot unlike your three picks.

I think I'll be settling on Haggar,Chris,Frank. Her assist should hit low.

god no, i want them to not touch the game for a year at least and see where the game goes.
Who said anything about a six month AE release? SFxTekken would push an AE styled update at least four months away from it's launch. It could easily be another November release that gives us a year's worth of tournament play.
Fuck those guys then.

Come on TatsuCap2. :D

Indeed, it'd at the very least mean the return of Volnutt and OG Roll, so I'm perfectly ok with it.

Btw, I'm away from my 360 and probably won't be able to play all weekend (school stuff + SCV), so can anyone check if either Frank's cart or Ammy's Cold Star assist leave the opponent in enough block stun to teleport behind with Rocket and set up a boulder trap?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Well the only reason I cared so much about MvC uno was because Ryu could totally do a Kamehameha. If I saw Goku using it against Ryu I would break my 10 year old mind.

At least Shonen Jump is a recognizable name. That's like making a game with all the Cartoon Network guys and calling it Time Warner Combat Collection.

Well, yeah, but I want my characters from the monthly magazines too :| Well, make it just Jump vs Capcom, same thing, more familiar name.

mr. puppy

Banned
ah the morrigan/vergil/doom talk at SRK is getting me all randy again, guess i better jump back on the train and see how much meter I can build while Vergil's swords are up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom