• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

sephi22

Depends on what comes in between that time. A patch, new expansion or hell even a new Marvel game would mean we won't be playing Ultimate anymore. Marvel is pretty much a lock for next year but after that is anyone's guess.

Better hope for that patch son.
cAUNN.jpg

kirblar

Depends on what comes in between that time. A patch, new expansion or hell even a new Marvel game would mean we won't be playing Ultimate anymore. Marvel is pretty much a lock for next year but after that is anyone's guess.

The pool of death seems to be the Abegen, Roachking, ShadyK and Jan one.
Jeeez. Hopefully we get Abegen-winners/Roachking-losers.

shaowebb

The pool of death seems to be the Abegen, Roachking, ShadyK and Jan one.

A balance patch is fine in my eyes, but as much as I like the thought of new rosters and more marvel I'd actually prefer we didn't get it for awhile now. I'm finally having fun with this game and God only knows how the meta would have developed in Vanilla if it hadn't been made obsolete so quickly. I think with some top tier balancing done and maybe a few tweaks to bottom tier this game's meta is such that it should be allowed to grow for another year or so.

I guess I'm over craving more and I just crave quality now. Folks are finally shelling out tech and if we could just calm down the top tier junk from certain characters I'm pretty sure we could get some really hype strategy and new team synergies to explore over the next year.

Grakl

Oh man, I was searching "x-23 spiderman" in Google before finishing with "umvc3" and one of the popular search terms was "x-23 spiderman fanfiction". Huh.

smurfx

get some go again
God damn FChamp is 100% right and I never noticed it until now.

If the teleport animation has the blur being horizontal, then he is doing Teleport L (meaning he will be teleporting to the same side). If animation of the blur is vertical then he is doing teleport M (the cross up one).

This is some truly mind blowing shit.
hmm i will be investigating this in training mode. wait is kusuru going to evo? never found out if he was planning on going.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Time for a little fun.

Who will make it out of these contested pools in winners?

1. Pool H4: Ryan Cadiente [Ryry] or Christian Sutton [Skisonic]
2. Pool I6: Kenryo Hayashi [Mago] or Andy Huynh [(er)mcz.andyocr]
3. Pool I10: Raymond Koranteng-addo [A&c.rdk] or Maximilian Christiansen [Maximilian] or Joey Cuellar [Mrwizard]
4. Pool I13: Patrick Smith [Sixfortyfive] or Mike Gonzales [Eraldo]
5. Pool I15: Eduardo Pérez-frangie [Pr balrog] or Adam Heart [Keits]
6. Pool J6: Jan Del rio [Jan] or Long Tran [Shadyk] or Genki Abe [Frb|abegen] or Aaron Chestnut [Fr roachking]
7. Pool J13: Michael Mendoza [BT IFCYipes] or Antony Nguyen [Antman] or Frankie Gomez [Frankie g]
8. Pool J14: Dave Wan [Meep!] or Chris Dew [Chrisis]
9. Pool J16: Andre Howard [Coco OMGItzAndre] or Richard Nguyen [mcz richard nguyen] or Daichi Akahoshi
10. Pool K7: Kevin Landon [Dieminion] or Kiyomatsu Shinichi [Kiyomatsu] or Steven Mendoza [Mcz|dmg insaynne]
11. Pool K10: Peter Rosas [Combofiend] or Zak Bennett [Dnt.zak bennett]
12. Pool K12: Ernesto Ojeda [Dios x] or Ryan Ramirez [Filipino champ]
13. Pool K14: Chuck Zirkelbach [Ta predator] or Josh Jodoin [Ts nerdjosh]
14. Pool L6: Loren Riley [86'd fanatiq] or Hajime Taniguchi [Tokido]
15. Pool L10: Kevin Baigan [Kbeast] or Alex Valle [Lu | @alexvallesf4]

Time for a little fun.

Who will make it out of these contested pools in winners?

1. Pool H4: Ryan Cadiente [Ryry] or Christian Sutton [Skisonic]
2. Pool I6: Kenryo Hayashi [Mago] or Andy Huynh [(er)mcz.andyocr]
3. Pool I10: Raymond Koranteng-addo [A&c.rdk] or Maximilian Christiansen [Maximilian] or Joey Cuellar [Mrwizard]
4. Pool I13: Patrick Smith [Sixfortyfive] or Mike Gonzales [Eraldo]
5. Pool I15: Eduardo Pérez-frangie [Pr balrog] or Adam Heart [Keits]
6. Pool J6: Jan Del rio [Jan] or Long Tran [Shadyk] or Genki Abe [Frb|abegen] or Aaron Chestnut [Fr roachking]
7. Pool J13: Michael Mendoza [BT IFCYipes] or Antony Nguyen [Antman] or Frankie Gomez [Frankie g]
8. Pool J14: Dave Wan [Meep!] or Chris Dew [Chrisis]
9. Pool J16: Andre Howard [Coco OMGItzAndre] or Richard Nguyen [mcz richard nguyen] or Daichi Akahoshi
10. Pool K7: Kevin Landon [Dieminion] or Kiyomatsu Shinichi [Kiyomatsu] or Steven Mendoza [Mcz|dmg insaynne]
11. Pool K10: Peter Rosas [Combofiend] or Zak Bennett [Dnt.zak bennett]
12. Pool K12: Ernesto Ojeda [Dios x] or Ryan Ramirez [Filipino champ]
13. Pool K14: Chuck Zirkelbach [Ta predator] or Josh Jodoin [Ts nerdjosh]
14. Pool L6: Loren Riley [86'd fanatiq] or Hajime Taniguchi [Tokido]
15. Pool L10: Kevin Baigan [Kbeast] or Alex Valle [Lu | @alexvallesf4]
My guesses.

Holy shit, EVO pools. Profound f*cking sadness that I can't go T_T

Do work guys, you guys will do awesome in pools. Will watch and cheer. Don't get shook by any name, just take it one game at a time. I managed to beat or at least take games off of everyone I'd heard of and got to play (except Filipino Champ hahaha). Be wary of the unknown killers but again, a game at a time. I know consider my 2011 form ass and I did a-ok.

I still feel bad for me not going :lol

Chavelo

Hmmm...

Can you guys pick any notable killers in this pool?

Xavier Nardella/Somniac VS Aberham Salinas/Xpunisherx3000

Kim Rosales/Dsp VS Spencer Johnson/Masamune_shadow

Josh Valdez/Fade702 VS Daniel Bernal/Juece

Nathan Pitts VS Michael Forbes/Miikeyboii

Chavelo (OH SNAP, IT'S ME!) VS Bryan Fejeran/Spamneggs

Nathan Cook/Hobo | godlessmode VS Nteziryayo (ryo) Kaganda/Nteziryayo

Josh Caballero VS Xavier Corcuera

Dan Anderson/Treekilla VS Kenneth Bussmann/Docta wahwee

Dahbomb

The tweet implies that the Japanese are in the lab finding more TAC infinites for other characters and teams using a similar set up.

The arms race has begun...

Dahbomb

Bullshit, it's not zero until I lose the bet.

There is very little chance of a patch this year but a patch next year is a possibility that hasn't been ruled out yet.

There are reports on infinite discoveries from Japan. I am not going to comment on these until I see videos but we are very close to "shit just got real" status.

Bullshit, it's not zero until I lose the bet.

There is very little chance of a patch this year but a patch next year is a possibility that hasn't been ruled out yet.

Why would they skip a patch this year, but patch the game NEXT year? Your stance makes absolutely no sense ESPECIALLY since this is New Capcom we're talking about here..

Rowtron been doing the Chun Li TAC infinite for a while now... but no one complains because it's Chun Li.

LOL... and I think that one he has to go TAC up so people know... but then again that's why he does down so much and just build meter and gravity squeeze.

Dahbomb

If its true that the team is disperesed why would they reunite to patch or fix MVC? If anything they will just make MVC4.
A patch could already have been in the work and would just need minor tweaks. Just because they are "dispersed" doesn't mean they don't have a patch in the works with some extra changes based off of the results at EVO.

Why would they skip a patch this year, but patch the game NEXT year? Your stance makes absolutely no sense ESPECIALLY since this is New Capcom we're talking about here..
Same way they did SSF4AE 2013 patch while also working on SFxTekken. They should've patched that game right after EVO 2012 (AE that is) but they didn't because they were still collecting data from EVO.

The patch isn't finalized yet and Capcom needs to collect data from EVO before doing anything. Most likely the plan for the patch has been made with room for alterations in the case of new discoveries being made in the early half of this year. The latter half of the year will be implementing most of the changes that are discovered with probably a bit more testing.

What's this about Magnus having a TAC infinite?
Rumors that Japan has been hitting the lab hard after the Trish infinite discovery and they are discovering new infinites for their characters. Someone already mentioned that Condor has an infinite with Sentinel. I am not going to believe until I see a video.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If its true that the team is disperesed why would they reunite to patch or fix MVC? If anything they will just make MVC4.
I can see infinites being patched as a reason to bring the team together, or part of it. One of the few cases I can see it happening. It would probably be a patch to the entire TAC system though.

Or at least in a Seth-Capcom they would.

Dahbomb

They should just cut their loses and remove the TAC mechanic altogether. If not the infinites then there will be more gimmicks based around this mechanic in the future.

FSLink

Banned

I was always under the impression that a huge balance patch would definitely need most if not all of the team back, but something like bug fixes or infinite patches shouldn't really need too much of the staff.

They should just make TAC cost a bar or something to do like it was in TvC. Opponent counters TAC? Too bad, you lost a bar.

EDIT: Though I guess outside of just outright removing the mechanic, this doesn't really fix it much. It would be nice for there to be more down sides to failing a TAC.

Frantic

I think I figured out what causes the TAC infinite. I've been able to do a TAC infinite with Sentinel, but not always, and there is one thing I've noticed that happens when I manage to do the infinite: I let the character do the TAC spin animation longer. This would actually explain Trish's, because she does an airdash down into Round Trip/delay dive kick, allowing them to spin longer. I've tried to do her infinite by hitting them the moment I come in, and it doesn't work. You have to delay it by quite a bit.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm18195011

It begins... apparently

Need a Nico account to view it and apparently this video contains the Magneto TAC infinite.
Use this: http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html

And it actually seems to support my idea, since he starts it off a Hyper Grav that takes a while to actually connect.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I think I figured out what causes the TAC infinite. I've been able to do a TAC infinite with Sentinel, but not always, and there is one thing I've noticed that happens when I manage to do the infinite: I let the character do the TAC spin animation longer. This would actually explain Trish's, because she does an airdash down into Round Trip/delay dive kick, allowing them to spin longer. I've tried to do her infinite by hitting them the moment I come in, and it doesn't work. You have to delay it by quite a bit.

Use this: http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html

And it actually seems to support my idea, since he starts it off a Hyper Grav that takes a while to actually connect.

It's so fucking pretty. >:O

Assuming TACs only take into account attack type ie. grounded or airborne (and assuming that exists) for HSD any character with an "elevator" combo and jump loops should theoretically have an infinite.

Also, I tried with Wesker by teleporting down, but either this theory is wrong, or his teleport ending counts as grounded move.

Frantic

I can sorta get one with Dante!

I say sorta, because I can't seem to get a second loop going. I can do a TAC down, airdash, j.H > Air Play > j.H low to the ground, and then jump up to do j.MH > Air Play > j.H, but a second loop returns to normal HSD. I wonder if there's a way to actually get an infinite out of this...

Dahbomb

Champ said that he did it but he had to TAC twice to get it (Magneto -> Phoenix -> Magneto). He said it wasn't working for him when he tried to do Phoenix-> Magneto TAC only.

WTF is going on here? I am now officially with Karsts, we know jack shit about TAC rules in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom