• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will. Although I'm gonna back away from declaring it a true infinite because after the 2nd or 3rd rep, if you aren't getting that final hit that pops them outward, they'll recover well. Still the meter gain on this is so fucking stupid, it guarantees a dead character f you go into DT afterwards and chuck lightning.

The world waits ever so patiently.. NOT.

shaowebb

Infinites, TAC tactics and brackets. Now its heating up. I'm really hoping Justin's new tech is actually just Iron Fist's wallbounce kick being summoned and connecting at the same time as wolverine's throw to create a throw that ends in a wall bounce because that'd mean he'd at least still have Iron Fist for EVO.

I doubt its this at all though. At this rate it'll be a TAC thing lol. Which Gaffers are competing this year? We should make a banner or something and cross folks off it with their placing as the brackets thin out.

Frantic

@Frantic - I'm wondering if Strider can do it. Excalibur on entry (if I'm reading Tobe's rules correctly), jump loop Excaliburs afterwards.
I've tried a bunch of methods with Strider, none of them seem to work. Plus, Strider's jump loops need a j.S, and unfortunately using j.S will cause a hard knockdown in that situation, so I don't think he's got one.

Dahbomb

Infinites, TAC tactics and brackets. Now its heating up. I'm really hoping Justin's new tech is actually just Iron Fist's wallbounce kick being summoned and connecting at the same time as wolverine's throw to create a throw that ends in a wall bounce because that'd mean he'd at least still have Iron Fist for EVO.

I doubt its this at all though. At this rate it'll be a TAC thing lol. Which Gaffers are competing this year? We should make a banner or something and cross folks off it with their placing as the brackets thin out.
Justin might have an Iron Fist anchor team.

People will probably laugh at the prospect of Iron Fist on anchor but just like She Hulk he has gimmicks in XFLVL3 and easy mode kills off of pretty much anything (ground throws included). By not being able to chip damage when he makes his way in, Iron Fist can get in your face really quickly and his high low mix up which was weak before becomes much stronger now. He is also worth using just for the assist alone.

While he is not designed to be anchor, this is probably Iron Fist's most effective slot in the current meta. He is more usable as an assist unfortunately.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jesus christ, I check this thread and realize TAC tech and Marvel tech in general is accelerating at such a rapid pace leading up to EVO.

We are full steam ahead to reaching MvC2 at this rate. And yet I still think we don't know shit about this game.

God bless the Japanese. Prepare to see a bunch of people put or re-up Mags on their team.

shaowebb

But with Iron Fist it's just a high low which can be chickenblocked. She Hulk has grab, grab, or hit.

After playing with what Karsticles wrote he has frame traps. End anything in H once the pressure is on and its a guessing game for the opponent what comes next. Most of which he can make perfectly safe on block. If you fish for the throws out of these on occasion people are dead. He's not elegant and full of tools, but the SOB is a pressure machine.

Dahbomb

But with Iron Fist it's just a high low which can be chickenblocked. She Hulk has grab, grab, or hit.
He has air grab and ground grabs that lead to TODs. Yeah he is free to chicken blocks but even Justin can get around that by dashing under them for a cross under mix up and this is possible because his very fast dash speed. Plus as mentioned, Iron Fist has great frame traps and can negate advance guard some what which will all be much more effective during XF.

When matches are towards the late game there are less characters and it's a more "open" game in terms of being 2 on 1, 2 on 2 or 1 on 2. This makes it easier for IF to get around as he is less likely to be facing against a fully stocked team. This is how Abegen's She Hulk excels too, Tron and Thor whittle their team down in terms of resources and She Hulk is able to clean up using a few gimmicks and mix ups especially with throws.

She Hulk is still much better than IF though especially on anchor.

Dahbomb

Yeah in the corner the Gamma Wave hits more so you can do a relaunch yourself. Hulk's damage output off of his more advance ones is insane, some of the highest in the game.

This was also the basis of his infinite that got patched.

Agreed, WTF I didn't know that was possible with L Gamma Wave. Is the timing really strict on that?
Seems like a spacing thing. The second segment of Gamma Wave seems to hit the guy as he's coming down with its last hit, giving just enough time to get off another launcher. Haven't seen it myself until now - is this a new find?

Dahbomb

They been saying that all day although as soon as I learned about the trish infinite I figured iron man can have something like it too. Not like he really needs it though.

Don't really see the big deal about the infinites tbh. They're cute, but there's worse things in this game. Timerscam and easy five bars yeah, but it builds a shitload of bar for the opponent too anyway, lols. I guess I get why people think they're lame but ehh, I just don't think it's worth getting up in arms about just yet. This doesn't seem as bad as the DHC glitch, nowhere near that yet. If questionable people start winning because of it, I'll change my tune, hahaha.

Also, everyone drops everything in MAHVEL3 so it's not a huge worry as of yet :3

Frantic

Don't really see the big deal about the infinites tbh. They're cute, but there's worse things in this game. Timerscam and easy five bars yeah, but it builds a shitload of bar for the opponent too anyway, lols. I guess I get why people think they're lame but ehh, I just don't think it's worth getting up in arms about just yet. This doesn't seem as bad as the DHC glitch, nowhere near that yet. If questionable people start winning because of it, I'll change my tune, hahaha.
Yeah, I don't think this will change things much. I only went searching for Dante's infinite out of curiosity, not because I plan to use it. I think the main reason people are upset about it is that it's off a TAC, which is already a rather low risk/high reward mechanic.

If anything, Capcom needs to fix TACs in general.

Tobe

Yeah, I don't think this will change things much. I only went searching for Dante's infinite out of curiosity, not because I plan to use it. I think the main reason people are upset about it is that it's off a TAC, which is already a rather low risk/high reward mechanic.

If anything, Capcom needs to fix TACs in general.

yeah tac's are ass

rexor0717

Yeah, I don't see TAC infinites being the biggest of deals unless they work in all three directions. Hopefully someone figures out one for Doom. >_>

I was messing around with his self TAC though earlier, its cool, but his other combos do more damage, and you can't really use it late combo. I was trying to find a way of looping it, but I couldn't seem to get it to work. Maybe my execution isn't good enough.

Solune

An infinite won't make people play Iron Man, even if it's the easiest and most reliable infinite in the game.

Yup, it's like when Captain America had his infinite in Vanilla. Infinites so far in the metagame don't mean alot. Lightning Loop and Spiral Loops are "infinites" as long as the appropriate character has meter, but that's not what makes them strong, it's just on top of their repertoire.

Yooo.. Shady K just did the Mags TAC infinite anywhere on the screen even mid screen.. all you have to do is walk them to the corner and start that loop!
3AQmK.gif

up tac, side tac and down tac.

"the era of infinites has commenced"

and he got the very basics down for a doom one. :O

EDIT: according to Adelheid Stark For taskmaster's TAC " ell. The TAC infinites everyone's coming out with now work because you don't lose the hitstun decay negation until you go to neutral on the ground, right? And immediately rejumping keeps that from happening. Thus: Down TAC to Task, delay, [j. j. stagger j. stagger j. (hold up-forward) j.] xN. May not be exactly that, but something along those lines. I think it might also be possible to do something similar off of side exchange in certain situations."

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Yassss for Swagnus infinites off of every TAC.

Ugh @ the potential for Logan jumping back up in the meta-game, because of his strong start at the round's beginning. Phoenix too, thanks to meter gain. We'll see how this develops tho.

Edit: Realistically, nobody is going to go for the risk if they have a guaranteed TOD or DHC to Spiral Swords.

rexor0717

Yooo.. Shady K just did the Mags TAC infinite anywhere on the screen even mid screen.. all you have to do is walk them to the corner and start that loop!
3AQmK.gif

up tac, side tac and down tac.

"the era of infinites has commenced"

and he got the basics down for a doom one. :O

We're in there!

I'm watching the stream archive, did he discover this before or after the Magneto stuff?

Well I hope Shady K blows Roach King, Jan, and Abegen up with that shit.

Shady K is due for a big major. Dude been so talented in Marvel for so long and hasn't won a major, even Fanatiq has been able to get one.

Shady K and Cl0ckw0rk need one!

smurfx

get some go again
well i don't mind shady k advancing but i hope abegen advances and at least makes top 32. i just can't help but love his team.

edit: on second thought jan is in the pool so i hope abegen and jan advances. fellow haggar players must root for each other!

well i don't mind shady k advancing but i hope abegen advances and at least makes top 32. i just can't help but love his team.

edit: on second thought jan is in the pool so i hope abegen and jan advances. fellow haggar players must root for each other!

Well then root for my friend in that pool too since he uses point Haggar!

...Poor dude got Roachking in the first match, he‘ll need a lot of practice and luck for this >.>

smurfx

get some go again
will people be able to reset people easy thanks to the infinites? people will be mashing tac's because they don't want to be hit with the infinites which will let people reset them easily. we saw both fchamp and fanatiq reset people thanks to people mashing to avoid tac's and now the threat of infinites will allow them to do it even more.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah I'm surprised people weren't doing that before. Especially with Phoenix teams. Though tacs haven't been that much of a threat until more recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom