• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iron Man should be able to do this too....

Youtube version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-85IvhlWXk&feature=player_embedded

At first I was like
Z7zXe.gif

...then I was like

1dealwititxdipy.gif

IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE.

Champ said that he did it but he had to TAC twice to get it (Magneto -> Phoenix -> Magneto). He said it wasn't working for him when he tried to do Phoenix-> Magneto TAC only.

WTF is going on here? I am now officially with Karsts, we know jack shit about TAC rules in general.

I remember when I learned Japaense and I was told there were thing that "just because rule".

Basically mean don't question it, just learn the damn thing.

That's how I feel about TAC. Some shit are "just because" don't even bother trying to figure that shit out.

Holy shit at TACfinites being allowed.

FGC has never really banned tactics that weren't GAME freezing. FGC has banned characters like ST Akuma and 3S gill, but rarely if ever any strategy that wasn't game breaking Ex: Gambit's MVC2 glitch. Even in MVC2 you were allowed to do dead body glitch to get the corner mixup on incoming characters.

Dahbomb

FChamp is trying to break down that Magneto infinite and he says that it requires 2 TACs and the 2nd one has to be a down TAC. Shit is ass, inferior tech.

The Trish infinite however works off of any TAC although it's a bit character specific. More research is required.

Why are people surprised that it's allowed? MVC2 had way more practical infinites than this and the DHC glitch was allowed in Vanilla MVC3. Shit is par for the course in a Marvel game.

Grecco

I remember when I learned Japaense and I was told there were thing that "just because rule".

Basically mean don't question it, just learn the damn thing.

That's how I feel about TAC. Some shit are "just because" don't even bother trying to figure that shit out.

FGC has never really banned tactics that weren't GAME freezing. FGC has banned characters like ST Akuma and 3S gill, but rarely if ever any strategy that wasn't game breaking Ex: Gambit's MVC2 glitch. Even in MVC2 you were allowed to do dead body glitch to get the corner mixup on incoming characters.

I cant even remember now but i remember alot of hoopla over Kazuyas infinite for instince in SFXT.

kirblar

FChamp is trying to break down that Magneto infinite and he says that it requires 2 TACs and the 2nd one has to be a down TAC. Shit is ass, inferior tech.

The Trish infinite however works off of any TAC although it's a bit character specific. More research is required.

Why are people surprised that it's allowed? MVC2 had way more practical infinites than this and the DHC glitch was allowed in Vanilla MVC3. Shit is par for the course in a Marvel game.
Yeah, but it was tolerated because that was how it rolled back then w/ no patching available.

Whooo! Just got an xbox!

250GB slim brand new and sealed
headset
2 wireless controllers
2 extra battery packs
charging station
Modern Warfare 3
Forza 4

$170 shipped

mr. puppy

Banned
you all don't actually think these guys can pull off infinites all tournament long do you? they drop the most basic shit and you all are worried about infinites.

Ehh, this is Marvel, so I'd think they'd let it rock, not to mention there are tons of loops and TOD's anyway already.

Those look harder than the lightning loop anyway :p

You're on xbox, right? Add me on live and when I get internet again I'll reply lol

Will do. Need your tag though.

Bizazedo

Unless it works like the TAC glitch and the first TAC eats up the "guess" and you can't counter the second, down exchange?

mr. puppy

Banned
...Until Marlinpie comes along.. with a Doom infinite.

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

THEY JUST FIGURED OUT DOOM CAN TAC INTO HIMSELF

AND HE CAN FUCKING WALL BOUNCE

Zissou

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

THEY JUST FIGURED OUT DOOM CAN TAC INTO HIMSELF

AND HE CAN FUCKING WALL BOUNCE

Are you talking about the thing from a couple pages ago or something else?

Unless it works like the TAC glitch and the first TAC eats up the "guess" and you can't counter the second, down exchange?

Yeah, getting hit by the infinites is not really an issue if they really only work with a down TAC, the issue IMO is that you're pretty much giving them a free side/up exchange.

huh? i'm watching FGTV and they're going through it.

Pretty sure it's the same thing though.

Dahbomb

Yeah they are trying to explore the Doom self TAC glitch thing.

It works from down TAC too and you can probably raw tag into a character.

I saw Firebrand do this and he should be able to raw tag into an OTG capable character for heavy damage.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I don't know any player in that pool except you and GX. You never really know who's good, a lot of killers pop up at EVO plus it's going to be 2/3 in pools, rough ride in there.

Alright I saw that and it's basically a discussion of who has the most growth in the game. A lot of characters weren't even discussed much so it's not like a definitive things.

Top Tier in terms of characters with the most growth potential: Viper, Firebrand, Strider, MODOK, Jill, Magneto, Strange, Dante, Dormammu

High tier in terms of potential growth: Zero, X-23, Iron Man, Spider Man, Trish, Dr Doom, Morrigan, Amaterasu (unsure whether she was Top or High tier in growth)

Mid tier in terms of potential growth: Vergil, Wolverine (new tech was referred to), Hawkeye, Taskmaster, Akuma, Hulk, Spencer, Skrull

Low tier in terms of potential growth: Arthur, Frank West, Ryu, Wesker, Deadpool, Haggar

Maxed out: Nemesis, Sentinel, Ghost Rider

Bitch tier: She Hulk, Phoenix, Storm

Don't know shit about this character tier: Chris, Shuma, Hsien Ko

Not discussed at all tier: Thor, Nova, Phoenix Wright, Tron, Chun Li, Captain America, Joe, Rocket Raccoon, Iron Fist, Felicia

Wasn't really a definitive thing at all, most characters were just all over the place I am just talking about how they were discussing the characters and their general perception rather than their actual placements on the tier list.

This is about right. No one really plays or talks about felicia much but she has some stupid shit that isn't being used much. Mostly throw and tech traps. Kinda like bang from blazblue.

Yeah they are trying to explore the Doom self TAC glitch thing.

It works from down TAC too and you can probably raw tag into a character.

I saw Firebrand do this and he should be able to raw tag into an OTG capable character for heavy damage.

:p

Azure J

TAC tech is like the new age gold rush isn't it? Holy shit, that Magneto dance really looked like the little bit of Magneto I saw pros doing at the tail end of Marvel 2. Some real Yipes @ SB2010 looking shit. :lol

On another note, I am ass at the Stinger Lvl. 2 from a Clay Pidgeon, so now I'm looking to use Reverb Shock off fully mashed shots. Why dear God must it scale Real Sparda Son Damage to Ordinary Guy Demon Hunter levels? :(

As an aside, Dark Dante is serious bullshit. Everyone who's doing anything more than LMH-Stinger-Volcano-j.S xx Devil Trigger - Fly - Thunderbolt x N in XF3 and letting the ray strike down is doing anchor Dante wrong. Unless you are styling and can hit the silly assed Jam Session or Million Carats infinites. :lol

Frantic

My findings on the TAC Infinite Glitch. I don't understand.

As an aside, Dark Dante is serious bullshit. Everyone who's doing anything more than LMH-Stinger-Volcano-j.S xx Devil Trigger - Fly - Thunderbolt x N in XF3 and letting the ray strike down is doing anchor Dante wrong. Unless you are styling and can hit the silly assed Jam Session or Million Carats infinites. :lol
My favorite is Twister > Tempest loops. Can only get so many, but they look awesome and do a shit ton of damage.

Azure J

My findings on the TAC Infinite Glitch. I don't understand.

My favorite is Twister > Tempest loops. Can only get so many, but they look awesome and do a shit ton of damage.

Twister - Tempest loops?

EDIT: OAHIDHSIBOSBOU THIS WORKS? WHYYYYYY?

It's a true infinite too if the character takes the last hit of Tempest and gets put in that weird untechable state.

Fuck Zero, Dante has and always will be the most anime character in this game. :lol

Meanwhile, your TAC video makes me wonder, Devil Trigger and Fly maybe? Like touch the ground, engage flight, MH Air Play H, unfly, jump? Shit I wish if I screwed around with TACs more just because I want to pioneer this shit. :lol

I'm wondering if Amaterasu has one because of low to ground Cherry Bomb shenanigans.

Frantic

Why not try a bigger character?
I've tried. A lot. But I can't seem to get the second loop to work again. The clip in the video was the first and only time I've managed to get it working, and the fact I was recording was a sheer stroke of luck lol.

I would lab harder, but I'm kind of burnt out right now. Doing the same thing hundreds of times in a row is rather tiresome.

Tobe

Tac. Air SPECIAL MOVE. Land. Vertical jumps only. Must be instant jumps - hold up, no landing recovery. Opponent cannot land.

straight from twitter.

Twister - Tempest loops?

EDIT: OAHIDHSIBOSBOU THIS WORKS? WHYYYYYY?

It's a true infinite too if the character takes the last hit of Tempest and gets put in that weird untechable state.

can you make a video of it?

Tac. Air SPECIAL MOVE. Land. Vertical jumps only. Must be instant jumps - hold up, no landing recovery. Opponent cannot land.

straight from twitter.

EDIT: Where tobe where?!

Dahbomb

FChamp exploring more anti-Vergil tech by using Liberation assist with charged 2D1C to counter Spiral Swords.

Godlike. Situational but still, this is what I like to see.

Azure J

can you make a video of it?

I will. Although I'm gonna back away from declaring it a true infinite because after the 2nd or 3rd rep, if you aren't getting that final hit that pops them outward, they'll recover well. Still the meter gain on this is so fucking stupid, it guarantees a dead character f you go into DT afterwards and chuck lightning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom