• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solune

Frantic, in case you haven't, but you probably have, I did indeed manage to replicate the TAC infinite with Dante. It's a go.

shaowebb

I so want to see an Iron Fist infinite someday, but who'd bother? I can see TAC infinites earning the game a patch at some point, but not before EVO and to be honest is there really any staff for this game now? Aren't they all spread out now or something? I'm thinking these are here to stay.

I can see a lot of mashing resulting in resets now that you guys mentioned it though. It just sort of makes sense. If theres one guy I could see going for an infinite though its F. Champ because he's just abusive enough in my eyes to use it to guarantee the 5 bars and at least one character kill. Dude doesn't really need it IMO, but I can see him going for one.

Frantic

Frantic, in case you haven't, but you probably have, I did indeed manage to replicate the TAC infinite with Dante. It's a go.
Yeah, I figured it out sometime afterwards. You gotta delay the j.H somewhat, and then you gotta switch between j.MMH and j.MH to keep them at a certain height to continue the juggle. I also figured out you can do it off an up exchange, just gotta delay the j.H > Air Play > j.H part by a lot. Side exchange doesn't work because Dante's j.H pushes everyone too far back in Ultimate.

Still will never do it unless I really wanted to be an asshole. Do you know how long it would take for Dante to kill with this infinite? Damage scaling may cry. :(

smurfx

get some go again
I so want to see an Iron Fist infinite someday, but who'd bother? I can see TAC infinites earning the game a patch at some point, but not before EVO and to be honest is there really any staff for this game now? Aren't they all spread out now or something? I'm thinking these are here to stay.

I can see a lot of mashing resulting in resets now that you guys mentioned it though. It just sort of makes sense. If theres one guy I could see going for an infinite though its F. Champ because he's just abusive enough in my eyes to use it to guarantee the 5 bars and at least one character kill. Dude doesn't really need it IMO, but I can see him going for one.
these infinites are a huge buff to phoenix players. now you will almost be guaranteed level 5 phoenix in one combo if you get the tac.

these infinites are a huge buff to phoenix players. now you will almost be guaranteed level 5 phoenix in one combo if you get the tac.

And with up/side versions, direction doesn't even matter. No more mashing down vs phoenix. Man, Dahbomb must be so sad I'm winning the evo bet.

shaowebb

Yeah its a big reason I see F.Champ going for it. Dude is ruthless and he loves Phoenix playing so if he kills even one character off I'd expect his next dude to just say screw it and go for the infinite if there was an opportunity. Heck I could see him doing it out the gates on your first dude for the 5 bars alone.

shaowebb

The downside for phoenix players is if they still mash side+S, the opponent can use their free down TAC to start an infinite.

Dat muscle memory coming back to betray them. It'd be hilarious though if Dark Phoenix took EVO twice in my opinion. I wonder if Viscant will mess with this or not...

smurfx

get some go again
And with up/side versions, direction doesn't even matter. No more mashing down vs phoenix. Man, Dahbomb must be so sad I'm winning the evo bet.
you think champ might go with dorm/magneto/phoenix? get that masta cj cross up and then tac into magneto for that infinite and level 5. wonder if phoenix can also do an infinite.

Fox1304

Just got the game on Vita, and can't seem to find an opponent online.
If anybody fancy some semi-casual online matches, feel free to add me on PSN : Fox1304

Sigmaah

These infinite's are crazy, I'm glad they are coming out, hopefully this will get us a balance patch.

Someone wanna explain to me how the TAC infinite works? how does hitstun not come into play with this? and how was this not found out sooner? seems like it would've.

Hmm.. I wonder if there's one for storm, gonna have to mess around in training mode. Or just wait til fanatiq comes up with one and steal it lawlz

mr. puppy

Banned
meanwhile at fgtv i turn it on to fanatiq and fchamp talking about how shadyk took some chick named sherry from fanatiq and he is madddddd salty

smurfx

get some go again
lol poor marlinpie spent all that time perfecting the doom swag combos and now people will be able to do even more damage and gain more meter by just doing infinites that aren't as hard or even fun to look at. i predict people being excited at the beginning of evo when people start doing the infinites but will be screaming bloody murder by the end when many matches come down to this.

lol poor marlinpie spent all that time perfecting the doom swag combos and now people will be able to do even more damage and gain more meter by just doing infinites that aren't as hard or even fun to look at. i predict people being excited at the beginning of evo when people start doing the infinites but will be screaming bloody murder by the end when many matches come down to this.

I think more people will more readily rely on guaranteed kills that aren't as meter friendly (ie.using DHC's) rather than rely on infinites that aren't guaranteed. I can only really see this benefiting Phoenix players.

smurfx

get some go again
I think more people will more readily rely on guaranteed kills that aren't as meter friendly (ie.using DHC's) rather than rely on infinites that aren't guaranteed. I can only really see this benefiting Phoenix players.
you can still do huge combos and at the end launch people and TAC and then have the players have to guess right or have their characters killed but not before giving that player a ton of meter. even if the other player guesses the TAC right they still got a ton of damage on the character. having a ton of meter doesn't only benefit phoenix players either. if you can get close to 5 meters thanks to an infinite you can have a character like vergil use all of them on swords and cross you up and then TAC you to death again. that or just chip you down thanks to hypers.

Dahbomb

*Wakes up to see flood of infinite videos online*

ik4whkXrIA9uj.gif

Kubo said that there is an X-23 infinite but it's too difficult to be practical. I know Honzo Gonzo was talking about a Taskmaster infinite but I didn't know what to think about it.

you can still do huge combos and at the end launch people and TAC and then have the players have to guess right or have their characters killed but not before giving that player a ton of meter. even if the other player guesses the TAC right they still got a ton of damage on the character. having a ton of meter doesn't only benefit phoenix players either. if you can get close to 5 meters thanks to an infinite you can have a character like vergil use all of them on swords and cross you up and then TAC you to death again. that or just chip you down thanks to hypers.

This is a game where leaving an opponent's character alive is one of the worst things you can do, and again the only true exception to that rule is Phoenix, sure Vergil uses meter very well with swords, but would you rather have Vergil with swords, or let Zero harass you for that much longer? If you're talking chracters like Vergil, or Morrigan who can dominate with meter (and that's you're end plan for them) they likely aren't on point, Zero can and will catch you're point character, and he will kill them. We all know what happens after that. Yes this is a specific example but it can apply to many characters

smurfx

get some go again
This is a game where leaving an opponent's character alive is one of the worst things you can do, and again the only true exception to that rule is Phoenix, sure Vergil uses meter very well with swords, but would you rather have Vergil with swords, or let Zero harass you for that much longer? If you're talking chracters like Vergil, or Morrigan who can dominate with meter (and that's you're end plan for them) they likely aren't on point, Zero can and will catch you're point character, and he will kill them. We all know what happens after that. Yes this is a specific example but it can apply to many characters
sure zero can TOD characters but it isn't as easy as TAC'ing into another character for the kill and meter. you think players won't choose the easy route instead of having to do difficult combos for the kills? wolverine might get more usage thanks to the new infinites since he is one of the best characters at the start of a match and any hit will possibly lead into a TAC infinite.

sure zero can TOD characters but it isn't as easy as TAC into another character for the kill and meter. you think players won't choose the easy route instead of having to do difficult combos for the kills?

I think people will go for the difficult route if they are confident, because it's a guaranteed kill (unless they mess something up) rather than a chance at a kill (which can fail whether they mess up or not).

Think about this, how often do you see Zero players go Rekkoha when it will kill rather than lightning loop? More often than not they will go into Sougenmu for a faster kill which leads to a better entry mixup. They really only Rekkoha if they aren't sure about their execution or if its a real problem character.

Dahbomb

@ Smurfx: That's a lot of assumptions being made right here.

People are going to go for guaranteed kills rather than have to rely on TACs for a chance to kill + gain meter. You also forget that when you do an infinite you are also building the opponent a ton of bar.

It's a great option to have in the bag but it's not going to run EVO like people think it will. The DHC glitch was much stronger than this and it was pretty much non-existent at top 8 EVO.

And pick Wolverine against a team of Morrigan + Doom? The entire game is still about getting the touch and players are getting better and better at avoiding being touched.

The SRK Tier list thread has the proper heading now: "New tech, same ish... Don't get hit, protect your neutral"

Bizazedo

I think people will go for the difficult route if they are confident, because it's a guaranteed kill (unless they mess something up) rather than a chance at a kill (which can fail whether they mess up or not).

No, they won't. Not if their infinite is easy. The benefits are too big, especially for Phoenix teams. The meter gain is too much.

Magneto Gravity squeezing all day erryday.

Not only that, but then you get characters like Zero, Spiderman, and Morrigan who can TAC glitch and guard the direction they want to go in. Y'think I'm not going to do that with Zero --> Nova infinite?

And that gives me meter to be able to splurge on Nova Gravimetric Blaster --> Level 3's from either Wesker or Zero.

But the biggest benefactor is still the Phoenix team. Dark Phoenix....

I dunno, it's still early, but..

She might be back.

Bizazedo

Think about this, how often do you see Zero players go Rekkoha when it will kill rather than lightning loop? More often than not they will go into Sougenmu for a faster kill which leads to a better entry mixup. They really only Rekkoha if they aren't sure about their execution or if its a real problem character.

Not calling you out, clone, but this is a personal peeve of mine.

Most Zero players are bad.

Bizazedo

Good thing only a couple of top players might have this down at EVO. After that, Marvel will see a new age of broken. :3

I dunno, man. The Nova one is pretty easy.

I don't have it down 100%, but if I can get it in the first few tries once, well...

I am not an execution god.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Man, if Dorm can TAC infinite off of any direction, Champ's team is even scarier than before.

Magneto / Dormington / Doom

Magnus touches you, TACs to Dorm, and unless you have Hawkeye you damn near lost the game at character select.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I want to toss out a theory

Would TAC infinite work well for Frank West? I meant it seem to be great way to get your hit higher then TAC into third person, Frank West.

Camera > simple level 1 hyper.

Azure J

You know, I don't think at this point anyone's really developing these TAC infinites for practicality. Marvel's already a game where a solid conversion + a mid combo reset is more than enough for getting the job done. At this point, it's either people going for extra credit (because who doesn't want to style on someone with a 105 versus a regular ass 100) or folks just interested in "breaking" things like myself. Gotta admit, the lab work is my favorite aspect of the game. (Which is probably why I'm so ass otherwise. :p)

smurfx

get some go again
right now magneto is the one with the best and most practical infinite. if dorm can do his from any TAC then he takes the crown from magneto as his seems to do far more damage for the quick kill and it doesn't look too hard to do. i hear sentinels is easy too so he is up there with them but dorm and magneto are way better characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom