• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
lol poor marlinpie spent all that time perfecting the doom swag combos and now people will be able to do even more damage and gain more meter by just doing infinites that aren't as hard or even fun to look at. i predict people being excited at the beginning of evo when people start doing the infinites but will be screaming bloody murder by the end when many matches come down to this.
MarlinPie TAC combos are still super godlike, and they expressly build meter (and less meter for the opponent) for the guaranteed kill, faster. Still more efficient, all things considered.

smurfx

get some go again
MarlinPie TAC combos are still super godlike, and they expressly build meter (and less meter for the opponent) for the guaranteed kill, faster. Still more efficient, all things considered.
you know i think marlinpie can still do his swag combo and keep it going. he usually ends the combo after landing with his level 3 or that aerial projectile hyper. can't he simply jump after landing and then continue the combo till the character dies? or at least till he builds enough meter for the level 3 and kill you for sure. don't know if this will work but i'm sure he will figure it out.

...Sheesh, is this “infinites for everyone“ day or something?

I‘m not sure I understand, what allows these infinites? Just the “jumping so fast the game thinks you haven‘t touched the ground yet“ thing?

Grakl

You may be able to get one touch kills with any character - this'll be interesting.

Yeah, when you 'hit' the ground the hitstun from your last move makes the game thing you're still in the air when it looks like you've touched the ground, but you can still jump again to continue the infinite.

Dahbomb

These aren't one touch kills they are two touch kills. You still have to guess right on the TAC for the 2nd touch to activate the infinite.

And wouldn't the Wesker infinite just be TAC -> Teleport down -> j.L, j.H, j.S repeat into j.L, j.H, j.S?

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
If you don't have a scummy welcome mix-up then the only thing you're doing is giving your opponent XF2 and 5 bars, by using this. Characters that can reset at will, probably will get the most benefit out of this, since they won't be giving their opponent extra resources for using the infinite fully. Then comes the characters that kill fast enough where their opponents still don't have enough time to get much. Similar shit with MvC2.

Zero starts the round, gets a hit, goes through the motions and either lightning loops you to death or uses the "unblockable tac" to switch to Magneto. Magneto starts doing his thing until the opposition starts gaining meter. They drop the infinite and reset the situation (depending on the assists, his resets get really ridiculous). Say you survive, and land back on the ground. Your screwed yourself, since you're going to have to block. If he has drones, pushblocking won't help you. If he continues with the infinite, then you get resources, but you're going to have to guess which side you're coming in on. Get hit, then die via XF Gravity squeeze or DHC to Zero. Of course, he can just raw tag back to Zero and force you to block lightning.

Morrigan can do the same shit, except she can put you in bullet hell or drain your meter...

Chavelo

I dunno, man. The Nova one is pretty easy.

I don't have it down 100%, but if I can get it in the first few tries once, well...

I am not an execution god.

5 bucks you can't do it on a match against me on a casual match at EVO. I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU TAKE ON THAT BET, YO.

Oh yeah, folks. we doing bets on GAF now. :3

These aren't one touch kills they are two touch kills. You still have to guess right on the TAC for the 2nd touch to activate the infinite.

And wouldn't the Wesker infinite just be TAC -> Teleport down -> j.L, j.H, j.S repeat into j.L, j.H, j.S?

Wouldn't the S do a full knockdown because its a TAC?, you'd probably have to do gun loops, also I tried with him but that was before I knew you had to instant jump, but even still, there are also people saying that hitstop on landing is what allows it, either way I don't think it'll be that easy for Wesker, I'll probably be trying again though in a bit.

Dahbomb

Zero starts the round, gets a hit, goes through the motions and either lightning loops you to death or uses the "unblockable tac" to switch to Magneto. Magneto starts doing his thing until the opposition starts gaining meter. They drop the infinite and reset the situation (depending on the assists, his resets get really ridiculous). Say you survive, and land back on the ground. Your screwed yourself, since you're going to have to block. If he has drones, pushblocking won't help you. If he continues with the infinite, then you get resources, but you're going to have to guess which side you're coming in on. Get, then die via XF Gravity squeeze or DHC to Zero. Of course, he can just raw tag back to Zero and force you to block lightning.
Why would Zero of all characters risk the kill going for a TAC into an infinite into ANOTHER reset?

This exploit basically benefits someone like Firebrand or Storm the most because of their partners Dorm and Sentinel/Magneto. Firebrand/Storm get a touch but don't have meter to finish off the character so they TAC into either Dorm or Mag/Storm for the infinite. Fanatiq team is going to get hella mileage out of this and Storm is definitely slightly above in her placements on tier lists because she doesn't have good TOD combos at all. Of course it's more than likely she has an infinite herself meaning all of Fanatiq's team could have an infinite (I am 90% sure Storm is going to have an infinite, Strange already has one by the way).

If the Wesker infinite is true, then someone like Wolverine while being Berserker Charged can TAC into Wesker if he can't finish himself. Thing is that Wesker's minimum scaling is shit low and he would be building the opponent a ton of meter with his infinite. Some characters infinites are going to be way better than others due to minimum scaling. If Viper or Zero get infinites off of this then they will be killing characters much quicker for less opponent meter gain.

Wouldn't the S do a full knockdown because its a TAC?, you'd probably have to do gun loops, also I tried with him but that was before I knew you had to instant jump, but even still, there are also people saying that hitstop on landing is what allows it, either way I don't think it'll be that easy for Wesker, I'll probably be trying again though in a bit.
Er derp forgot about that. Gun loop would be my next try though.

Bizazedo

5 bucks you can't do it on a match against me on a casual match at EVO. I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU TAKE ON THAT BET, YO.

Oh yeah, folks. we doing bets on GAF now. :3

I'll make that bet with you. It's *really* easy.

Consider your Taskmaster dead using no meter, sir :).

Those were my thoughts, too. I haven't seen a Wesker infinite yet, but part of me thinks it would have to be something to do with the gun loop. Amusingly, before the news broke yesterday, I was actually working on the gun loop. Excellent timing, Biz?!

I mean, it might not. I think the hardest part is going to be getting to the ground and then jumping immediately for Wesker. The down teleport might keep him on the ground too long.

So there's a couple of unexplored avenues with this infinite tech I need to try out, I'll report back in a bit. Until then, I'll keep practicing my Rocket Raccoon infinite, I think I can do one with haggar.

What's your bet?

Dahbomb wanted me to pick 3 characters to win evo. I said phoenix/phoenix/phoenix.

smurfx

get some go again
So there's a couple of unexplored avenues with this infinite tech I need to try out, I'll report back in a bit. Until then, I'll keep practicing my Rocket Raccoon infinite, I think I can do one with haggar.

Dahbomb wanted me to pick 3 characters to win evo. I said phoenix/phoenix/phoenix.
do it and report back!

Azure J

In the non-infinite R&D department, I'm wondering what kind of new combos I can come up with using a (L)MH-Stinger-Million Carats with a Strider assist call. Any suggestions?

shaowebb

Hey guys that TAC glitch where you wiff a TAC and then they can't go for any attempts to avoid being TAC-ed afterwards...um...isn't that a way to guarantee an infinite now?

Dahbomb

I still hold strong to my Vergil. Actually I will ante up to match your triple Phoenix.... triple Vergil. Yes I am going all in with Vergil.

Vergil laughs at all these infinites. More meter for him running around in the game.

Bizazedo

Hey guys that TAC glitch where you wiff a TAC and then they can't go for any attempts to avoid being TAC-ed afterwards...um...isn't that a way to guarantee an infinite now?

No, you can just try and not counter the first one and counter the second one.

I think. Mostly sure that's how it works.

If you guess right and counter the first one, though, I think it still breaks?

Yoooo we doing gaf bets now??? Get that paypuh
We have to set a limit of matches, I s'pose. 5 casuals, 10? If it's infinite (hah) I will get it eventually on him.

Assuming I have time to practice it between now and then.

Tobe

No, you can just try and not counter the first one and counter the second one.

I think. Mostly sure that's how it works.

If you guess right and counter the first one, though, I think it still breaks?

We have to set a limit of matches, I s'pose. 5 casuals, 10? If it's infinite (hah) I will get it eventually on him.

Assuming I have time to practice it between now and then.
Naaa man I bet 10 bucks you will get piss drunk and start doing wheelchair backflips all over Vegas trying to do a pizza cutter in rl :lol
Goddamit I promise I'll be there next evo

You can wait if you think they're going to whiff a TAC, also works for X-Factor and dash cancelling TACs but is obviously also a part of the guessing game.

Tobe

I just realized that x 23 is theoretically top tier now. Like 1 tac wrong guess and you lose the game literally.
Holy shit this is true, and I'm pretty sure she will have an infinite if she doesn't already, touch kill, get 5 bars, into lvl 3 kill, oh god this is madness.
Edit: can shuma combo after chaos dimension?

Zero/X-23/whoever. Endgame. TAC glitch, into X23 infinite, third char lockdown assist and dirt nap, then kill and TAC infinite with last char and tag X23 back in.

Dahbomb

Holy shit this is true, and I'm pretty sure she will have an infinite if she doesn't already, touch kill, get 5 bars, into lvl 3 kill, oh god this is madness.
Edit: can shuma combo after chaos dimension?
Kubo claimed that x23 already has an infinite.

Zero/X23/Dante. Zero can use the TAC glitch to 100% the TAC, X23 infinite. Dante Lockdown with Jam session and Dirt nap into combo into another TAC and then she gets hardtaged back in and repeat.

Dahbomb

Morrigan/x23/Dante.

Fffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu..........

I don't think the zero tac sogenmu trick works anymore or at least I have seen it be countered.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Infinites have always been allowed at Evo. The difference between the ones in this game compared to MvC2, is that these are considerably easier to execute.

Tobe

Infinites have always been allowed at Evo. The difference between the ones in this game compared to MvC2, is that these are considerably easier to execute.
And well in mvc2 they would eventually drop out so you had to snap another character I to a guard break and start doing it again, so it was a lot harder, this shit is super low risk and the highest of rewards.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Morrigan/x23/Dante.

Fffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu..........

I don't think the zero tac sogenmu trick works anymore or at least I have seen it be countered.

Is there some TAC tech with Morrigan that I'm not familiar with? Besides the extra TAC off of a corner Finishing Shower (which can only be down or up exchange, I believe)?

Honestly, I've always hated the TAC mechanic. I think the entire thing should just be ditched.

Dahbomb

Gambit glitch is game breaking and easily identified. Where do you draw the line between swag tac combos and an infinite? Do you then ban tacs?

Morrigan can fly cancel exploit to basically guarantee a tac which puts her in top 10 of the game easy.

Azure J

Is there some TAC tech with Morrigan that I'm not familiar with? Besides the extra TAC off of a corner Finishing Shower (which can only be down or up exchange, I believe)?

Honestly, I've always hated the TAC mechanic. I think the entire thing should just be ditched.

She can do the air dash cancel TAC stuff as well. That's all I know though unless something developed again recently.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Gambit glitch is game breaking and easily identified. Where do you draw the line between swag tac combos and an infinite? Do you then ban tacs?

I'm not necessarily in favor of it, but they could simply force you to end a TAC combo after touching the ground. That'd universally cover all infinites created by this glitch.

Morrigan can fly cancel exploit to basically guarantee a tac which puts her in top 10 of the game easy.

She can glitch TACs to make the guessing more confusing.

She can do the air dash cancel TAC stuff as well. That's all I know though unless something developed again recently.

Got a video by any chance? I had no idea this existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom