• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solune

Seems like a pretty standard combo, I'm not seeing what's special about it - not trying to be rude.

TACs are awesome. Their implementation is fucking stupid. TvC had much more balanced TACs. TACs just need to be guaranteed exchanges that cost 1 bar and have no effect on your opponent's meter. Get rid of the hitstun decay rules, let players TAC off of any situation (random aerial hit, while on the ground, etc.) TACs are now useful and fixed.
Just trying to say they seem like an interesting pair, I haven't tried it so I was intrigued by the combination.

And I have also been saying the same thing, TACs are great but implemented very poorly.
So no Viewtiful Joe infinites, then?

Ok. :(
Might be able to get something off of Air Joe?
Only one...

Chun Li.

Dante has one too.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Hey guys!

10am pool for evo.....don't recognize any of the players

2pm pool for AE got shglbmx in my pool.

Gonna do my best to win my pool. Came so close at NCR but got 33rd place losing to GC yoshi in finals.

Playin for all of GAF! hope to see some of you there! come hit me up!

See y'all next week! practice up!

-EC
Good luck man! What team do you play?

Just trying to say they seem like an interesting pair, I haven't tried it so I was intrigued by the combination.

And I have also been saying the same thing, TACs are great but implemented very poorly.

Might be able to get something off of Air Joe?

Dante has one too.

Oh yea forgot about that one. But Dante does have flight mode in devil trigger yea but you're talking about the one he does jump m, h, air play right? I haven't seen anyone do that past like a few reps.

Storm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBN7fmwf2l4&feature=player_embedded

Fanatiq's entire team can infinite now.

Anyone got a head count of all the post TAC infinites? I got the following:

Chun Li
Trish
Magneto
Storm
Sentinel
Strange
Dante
Taskmaster
MODOK
Phoenix
Dormammu
Doom
Nova
X-23 (rumored)
Iron Man (rumored)
Wesker (rumored)

Rocket does too supposedly, but there's no video yet since the damn thing is even harder than the loops apparently :/

MSS will always be the BEST.

Remember when everyone thought that Marvel 3 was all about Capcom characters?

Yea... well Marvel said fuck that we still run this shit like MVC2.

Chavelo

Question, TheoryGAF. How long til these infinites break or ruin Marvel?

For this EVO? I don't see anyone making a big enough impact for people to be scared, but I can see the combos become more mainstream 4 months from now. Also, Shady_K had to say this about the matter:

why not to cry about UMvC3 infinites any time soon: 1. most up/side ones are a non-muscle memory-able (to me at least) 2-3 frame window timing on falling normal. 2. you give opponent 5 meters if you kill a whole character. 3. DOOM tac 4. Vergil exists still

If the TAC infinites become a main staple of the game though (which I doubt), I can see myself being turned off from online/local and regional competitive play. :/

Dahbomb

Question, TheoryGAF. How long til these infinites break or ruin Marvel?
Until someone figures out a way to exploit the TAC system where a TAC is all but guaranteed or the chance is greatly in your favor (ala the Morrigan fly cancel TAC trick). Then you come up with some meter intensive unblockable set ups like X-23 and you can 300% their team without them getting a chance to play because of the meter you built up from the infinites.

That's pretty close to a broken game IMO. But that's in the future, right now it's not that big of a deal but expect players like Fanatiq and FChamp to have a small edge at EVO since they can potentially infinite off of any TAC. The basic game is still the same it's just that the ante has been raised dramatically on what is possible after you get hit and also the reward for a successful TAC is increased by numerous folds. It's basically EXTREMELY HIGH REWARD vs almost no risk. TODs and regular combos will still have value as they are guaranteed though that might change if more TAC exploits are discovered.

Also Vergil is extremely bolstered by these infinites just like Phoenix is. 2 of his best partners Dante and Magneto have an infinite. You KNOW Yipes is in that lab with Dante and Magneto.

Is it bad that I'd be down if there were new characters..?

[/no I don't have a problem]
I would buy a 12 character expansion every 6 months for $40 easy, and have absolutely no regrets. I spend $30 on a restaurant meal when my wife and I go out, minimum. It costs me most than $30 to see a 2-hour movie; almost $40 with pop and popcorn. $40 for a rebalancing and retooling of the game and 12 more characters to mess with? Goddamn is that a good deal. Gamers are just messed up in the head if they don't realize how very fair that price is. I've gotten at least 500 hours out of this game so far - how could I reasonably complain?

rexor0717

I wouldnt mind some UMvC X if it rebalanced some stuff. New characters, I'm ready. But i doubt we'll see this "fixed". We dont even know the true impact yet, but at least the tech is out there.

FSLink

Banned
Oh hey, we're back to the part of the cycle where we beg for an update with more characters? That chart should really be updated.

And Cyclops please Capcom. I'd lol if they include his version from Avengers vs X-Men though, anybody who's been following or reading that should know what I mean.

Oh hey, we're back to the part of the cycle where we beg for an update with more characters? That chart should really be updated.
"Might need to be patched" led to "Hey since you're doing a patch, why not add 12 characters?" Hahaha.

And Cyclops please Capcom. I'd lol if they include his version from Avengers vs X-Men though, anybody who's been following or reading that should know what I mean.
What do you mean?

It costs me most than $30 to see a 2-hour movie; almost $40 with pop and popcorn.

Good God man!? That can't be right? Can it? Pop and Popcorn! Dude f-that just sneak shit in. It is so easy to just stuff candy in your pants pocket or a soda in your coat. Don't get ripped off. Hell I have snuck in an entire McDonalds meal before. Nobody cares and you hurt nobody. Get in the game son!

Sorry I have play far too much Marvel today and I think it is starting to effect me.

Good God man!? That can't be right? Can it? Pop and Popcorn! Dude f-that just sneak shit in. It is so easy to just stuff candy in your pants pocket or a soda in your coat. Don't get ripped off. Hell I have snuck in an entire McDonalds meal before. Nobody cares and you hurt nobody. Get in the game son!
Sorry I have play far too much Marvel today and I think it is starting to effect me.
Oh man, I'm all about sneaking the food in. I've been doing that since I was a little kid. But you can't get theater quality popcorn anywhere but in a theater, and my wife loves fountain pop far more than she loves canned pop, so it's not an easy situation to be in. Sometimes we'll just get popcorn. We don't go to the movies often, maybe once every 6 months.

Looking off of AMC's website now:
1 evening ticket to see a movie = $10.50
Taking concession prices from here (3 years old, so probably lower than now):
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090124101654AANEgoG

Large popcorn = $6.75
Large drink = $4.75

So yeah, over $30 easy before even calculating taxes, which are 10% where I live, making the total $35.75. Theaters wonder why they have trouble staying above ground - oi.

Last I went to see Prometheus, and we actually tried to sneak into Avengers afterward because it was starting right as our film ended and the entrance was next to ours. We got in and waited 10 minutes, and then it advised us to put our 3D glasses on. -_-

Honestly, the delicious taste of theater popcorn is 95% of the reason I'm willing to go. If I could replicate it at home I'd never bother.

Probably the fact that
he kinda became Phoenix along with 4 others.
Oh, that thing!

shaowebb

There are no words for how many times A vs X has disappointed me so far. Bad art all the way around, AvsX "Fun facts! <3" popping up in panels during facts to give stats on characters and to mock the action, lack of any angles other than side views, no sense of foreshortening, plus no real drama to the fights. Just meet up and free for all stuff with barely any one on one versus fights (which would have made for entire issues of fights to drag out the worth of each character).

Its been one big mess done up by B-teamers and why did they
resurrect Captain Marvel to just kill him off again after making him act out of character the whole time?
It didn't add anything and it just hurt his fans in my eyes.

Also the "new outfits" for the 5 dudes on the X-men are about as unoriginal as they get.

3teKq.jpg

LOOK FAMILIAR?!

God I'm burned so bad by this event being written and drawn by the B-team...

GatorBait

I actually like the basic concept behind TACs, but they are definitely for novice players and they are balanced with that audience in mind. Make them cost a bar and I don't think novice players get enough damage out of them to justify their use vs. just using a DHC, and there wouldn't be much of a point in TACing twice. The current implementation definitely needs some continued tinkering though, as does X-factor.

Makes me curious what direction Capcom will go with for new system mechanics in MvC4.

kirblar

I actually like the basic concept behind TACs, but they are definitely for novice players and they are balanced with that audience in mind. Make them cost a bar and I don't think novice players get enough damage out of them to justify their use vs. just using a DHC, and there wouldn't be much of a point in TACing twice. The current implementation definitely needs some continued tinkering though, as does X-factor.

Makes me curious what direction Capcom will go with for new system mechanics in MvC4.
It would be much better if they reactable.

It would aid Niitsuma's original vision of heavy characters being second on a team. Imagine I open someone up with Firebrand via Bon Voyage, launch, TAC into Hulk for big damage. Makes good sense, because Hulk's combo will do more damage than Firebrand would alone.

It would be much better if they reactable.
That would be fine too, but it's hard to find that perfect line between "hard to react to", "impossible to react to", and "so easy to react to that no one would ever use it".

Dahbomb

Making them cost a bar wouldn't fix anything. If anything a guaranteed TAC would break this game even more.

Do BnB that builds 1 bar, guaranteed TAC into an infinite which puts you at meter positive.

The 5 fixes that I would put in for TAC short of removing them altogether:

1) Increase the window in which a TAC counter can be performed. The color lights up BEFORE the TAC is performed so you can react to it if you are looking for it.

2) TAC resets the hit stun but builds back up with additional hits like normal (so that swag combos are still possible some what). Damage is still scaled heavily. None of this both characters have to be in the air to ignore hit stun crap.

3) A TAC attack/counter cannot be X factor cancelled nor can it be flight cancelled.

4) Performing a successful TAC counter causes an exaggerated wall bounce from which characters can combo off of. The counter will cause the combo to be heavily scaled in terms of damage (even more than throws).

5) TAC attacks don't work on assist characters (meaning you don't get to bounce their assists around by spamming down TAC). The move completely whiffs against assist characters.

These are the bare minimum changes they have to make to TAC to make it playable. I can sort of live without #4 but the rest are necessary changes IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom