• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making them cost a bar wouldn't fix anything. If anything a guaranteed TAC would break this game even more.

Do BnB that builds 1 bar, guaranteed TAC into an infinite which puts you at meter positive.
That's why one of my changes, which I have said previously, is that it no longer negates hitstun scaling. So the TAC becomes more of something you use circumstantially. For example, I am at superjump height with Dormammu and hit my opponent with j.H when I was going for an air throw. Right now, that's all I get - j.H. With this change, I could spend a bar to TAC to Firebrand and get some solid damage, and get some of my meter back. Basically, it adds comboability to a wide variety of circumstances that don't have them, but at the cost of meter.

Its been one big mess done up by B-teamers and why did they
resurrect Captain Marvel to just kill him off again after making him act out of character the whole time?
It didn't add anything and it just hurt his fans in my eyes.

Speaking of characters that used to be dead and ruining them, man, I hope they don't do that to the Guardians of the Galaxy in Avengers Assemble. I'm glad they're back and all, but they better have a damn good reason for Starlord and
Tanos's
return :/

It'd also be kinda nice if they explained how the hell Drax returned too since he looked really really really dead to me >.>

shaowebb

I like the idea of TAC's costing a bar, but they have to still fix the TAC wiff glitch and the TAC mechanic that makes it not able to recognize scaling in order to whipe out infinites. Spend a bar to get a dude in safely would be alright in my eyes so long as they couldn't rack up an infinite like they do now. It'd pretty much make them about worthless other than as a way to tag and in some cases extend an air combo to net better damage like in the case of TAC's with Thor but thats all I really wanted TAC's for anyways. A different option on what to do with combos but mainly as a way to bring in a character. Being able to derp hit stun in combos with them to get insane combos and even infinites is just too much.

It would be much better if they reactable.

I totally agree. I love the idea for TAC's and I am sure a lot noob players like them too because it looks really flashy and easy to do but it is implemented poorly. Right now it is all luck based. Marvel moves so fast it's hard to tell even when to mash a direction to counter. Then if the team doesn't do a TAC you whiff an attack and are easily punished. On the flip side if it was all skill based with a larger window to counter no TAC would ever be pulled off.

And ever since vanilla Marvel I have always thought it was incredibly stupid to not be able to follow up with a combo after preforming a TAC counter. That's okay though Ultimate is right around the corner and it will be fixed right? Right?

shaowebb

I liked Magiks Pheonix Force costume.

The rest awful though.

How many powers do Magik and Colossus need though? Colossus is already the Juggernaut as well, and Ilyana is both a mutant, and a magician of both light and dark magic with the Soul Sword which is so powerful she took over the after life with it. Did either of them need more? They were fine. Plus Namor? WHY?! This is just a mess thats trying to make people go " oh wow the X-men are cool just like when they had a team of characters that actually had variety in their personalities!" . X-men are dull and this just seems like them hoping to badass them up to make people attracted to them again. If they wanted that I think they should have chosen a better lineup.

Azure J

That's why one of my changes, which I believe I typed out, is that it no longer negates hitstun scaling. So the TAC becomes more of something you use circumstantially. For example, I am at superjump height with Dormammu and hit my opponent with j.H when I was going for an air throw. Right now, that's all I get - j.H. With this change, I could spend a bar to TAC to Firebrand and get some solid damage, and get some of my meter back. Basically, it adds comboability to a wide variety of circumstances that don't have them, but at the cost of meter.

Yeah, I think I mentioned as much in regards to hitstun scaling as well as suggesting that the first touch on the ground in any event triggers normal HSD values to kick in so characters flip back to neutral.

Really though, HSD is a weird submechanic. I think I prefer the IPS stuff that's going on in Skullgirls more overall.

GatorBait

It would aid Niitsuma's original vision of heavy characters being second on a team. Imagine I open someone up with Firebrand via Bon Voyage, launch, TAC into Hulk for big damage. Makes good sense, because Hulk's combo will do more damage than Firebrand would alone.

That would be fine too, but it's hard to find that perfect line between "hard to react to", "impossible to react to", and "so easy to react to that no one would ever use it".

Agreed on both points.

On the topic of comics, I have basically not picked up any comics in the past decade and a half (the only exception being I picked up the Civil War storyline a couple years ago because I was curious about the subject matter and to see how everything played out). However, seeing the end of credits teaser for The Avengers has made me curious to pick up the Infinity Gauntlet storyline. Can anyone give me feedback on if it is worth reading?

Also: revamped Thanos with the infinity gauntlet for MvC4 - I want to see a whole slew of crazy moves/hypers utilizing each of the gems.

Dahbomb

That's why one of my changes, which I have said previously, is that it no longer negates hitstun scaling. So the TAC becomes more of something you use circumstantially. For example, I am at superjump height with Dormammu and hit my opponent with j.H when I was going for an air throw. Right now, that's all I get - j.H. With this change, I could spend a bar to TAC to Firebrand and get some solid damage, and get some of my meter back. Basically, it adds comboability to a wide variety of circumstances that don't have them, but at the cost of meter.
Like I said, it should reset the HSD but then build back up like normal. None of this "both characters are in the air so it completely ignore HSD" crap. Combos are still possible but not infinites unless they are natural on point infinites which would require fix on a character level.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yeah, I think I mentioned as much in regards to hitstun scaling as well as suggesting that the first touch on the ground in any event triggers normal HSD values to kick in so characters flip back to neutral.

Really though, HSD is a weird submechanic. I think I prefer the IPS stuff that's going on in Skullgirls more overall.

Wasn't the IPS of Skullgirls kind of broken? It was kind of exploitable once you knew how it worked, and you had to fashion combos to "fool" it. As in, it detected certain combos as infinite, cutting them short inexplicably early. I think I prefer hitstun deterioration.

Grecco

How many powers do Magik and Colossus need though? Colossus is already the Juggernaut as well, and Ilyana is both a mutant, and a magician of both light and dark magic with the Soul Sword which is so powerful she took over the after life with it. Did either of them need more? They were fine. Plus Namor? WHY?! This is just a mess thats trying to make people go " oh wow the X-men are cool just like when they had a team of characters that actually had variety in their personalities!" . X-men are dull and this just seems like them hoping to badass them up to make people attracted to them again. If they wanted that I think they should have chosen a better lineup.

Oh the story is ridiculous dont get me wrong.

I just said i liked what she was wearing. :)

Dahbomb

Vergil would be perfect with the Phoenix force. He already got the blade if you know what I mean...

About god damn time.

Someone posted a concept video of the X-23 infinite too.

Chun Li
Trish
Magneto
Storm
Sentinel
Strange
Dante
Taskmaster
MODOK
Phoenix
Dormammu
Doom
Nova
Hsien Ko
X-23
Iron Man
Frank West
Rocket Raccoon
Haggar
Wesker (rumored)

Dahbomb

That IM infinite is definitely hard and it requires a corner for sure. But I think it will get streamlined just like the Magneto one so that it's more practical.

So basically all of Joker's team can infinite too.

kirblar

You can react to throws/overheads/lows in SF, right? That's what I see the TAC system being analagous to. It's a 1/3 chance, but the defending player needs to have that small visual window to react to the move to balance it out.

shaowebb

You can react to throws/overheads/lows in SF, right? That's what I see the TAC system being analagous to. It's a 1/3 chance, but the defending player needs to have that small visual window to react to the move to balance it out.

Thats what the spark is for though isn't it?

Wasn't the IPS of Skullgirls kind of broken? It was kind of exploitable once you knew how it worked, and you had to fashion combos to "fool" it. As in, it detected certain combos as infinite, cutting them short inexplicably early. I think I prefer hitstun deterioration.

yes and no

it was pretty much designed with that (being able to get the longest chain possible without being an infinite) in mind

but then they went and patched it, so...

and buffs Zero for the hell of it
Level 3 buster now has high projectile priority.

So Magneto's attraction starts up in 7 frames and completes in 30. Lariat is invincible until frame 33.

I just got a whole new style of playing Magneto.

:D :D :D :D
I've been wondering why Magneto players don't abuse Attraction more with assists. Attraction into Jam Session, Lariat, down into drones, etc. Fanatiq doesn't seem to do it very often.

Thats what the spark is for though isn't it?
The spark just lets you know it's being attempted. You have 15 frames to respond. 1/4th of a second isn't very easy to react to. Most of the fast instant overheads in this game are 20 frames minimum.

yes and no

it was pretty much designed with that (being able to get the longest chain possible without being an infinite) in mind

but then they went and patched it, so...
How did they patch it?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
How did they patch it?
The game used to treat standing/crouching(/other?) attacks as unique for infinite purposes. In other words, a chain starting with s.LP, s.MP was considered to be different from c.LP, s.MP and such. After the patch, that will no longer be the case.

This is a really good move imo, because the length of loops in that game is just obnoxious now.

I've been wondering why Magneto players don't abuse Attraction more with assists. Attraction into Jam Session, Lariat, down into drones, etc. Fanatiq doesn't seem to do it very often.

Well, Fanatic has incredibly specific hitconfirms already and hates committing to moves, so he doesn't do it. Champ uses it a lot, though.

Grecco

282352_337835719626543_202661162_n.jpg

Azure J

Re: IPS

Understood that it would't be as nice in a game like Marvel, at the basest level because of the limited number of inputs, you'd run into hiccups more often when the engine reads your stuff as looped or finds a double instance of a move.

Pause, people don't do this? The very first thing I messed around with when I was scrubbing it up with Magneto was using Attraction to pull them into Rolling Bucklers, Cold Shots and Jam Sessions. Made the inner Smash Bros. veteran in me proud knowing something like that existed. :lol

In other news, I just "got" plink dashing, fucking yessssssssssssssssss.

Pause, people don't do this? The very first thing I messed around with when I was scrubbing it up with Magneto was using Attraction to pull them into Rolling Bucklers, Cold Shots and Jam Sessions. Made the inner Smash Bros. veteran in me proud knowing something like that existed. :lol
Outside of FChamp using it in combination with Hidden Missiles on an incoming character, what player uses it regularly? You see it now and then, but not really as part of team creation or a sustained battle plan.

Outside of FChamp using it in combination with Hidden Missiles on an incoming character, what player uses it regularly? You see it now and then, but not really as part of team creation or a sustained battle plan.

Bring back the EVO version. It got nerfed too hard, Magneto needs it to be viable :-(

Azure J

Sucks too because I know there's some really sick stuff you can do with a good assist and Attraction too.

Bring back the EVO version. It got nerfed too hard, Magneto needs it to be viable :-(

Reminds me of a post on SRK that went to the effect of:

- New Marvel game comes out
- Magneto is somehow nerfed
- New tech discovered and plants him in the elder god tier

Edit: OMG fucking Haggar is in there. :lol

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

I use it depending on the situation. I had a midscreen->corner combo with it and hyper grav H. I hate the scaling on jam session though. >:/

Wow. Get a TAC with Frank in second and that's a guaranteed Lvl 5 Frank. Fuuuuuuuuucckkk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom