• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

Frank's TAC is legitimately amazing. People were already setting him up using TACs, this just makes it so whenever you see him on someone's team, you better mash the fuck out of exchange.

Goddam

Pull into lariat, crossunder a couple times then standing jab :)

Sliiiick. :)

EVO can't really do anything since there is no major between now and EVO for people to see it in action. Can't really make a ruling without seeing how it plays out with that said this is going to be one fun ass EVO.

My dream of a Marlin Pie vs Richard Nguyen Grand Final just had a 1% boost! ( From 0.000000001% of actually happening).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sorry to rain on the TAC parade but... via the EVO Thread:

Capcom: The Year Ahead
2:00PM to 3:30PM
Producers Tomoaki Ayano, Ryoto Niitsuma, and Derek Neal
Will discuss the future on Capcom's fighting games franchises. New details on SFxT (Console and Vita versions), SF's 25th Anniversary series and a few surprises.

This has me more hype than anything today.
HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

smurfx

get some go again
awesme i was waiting for the taskmaster infinite. although i don't know what i was doing wrong since my loop looks similar to that video.

Azure J

Will discuss the future on Capcom's fighting games franchises. New details on SFxT (Console and Vita versions), SF's 25th Anniversary series and a few surprises.

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

At this point, I'm down just to see whatever Niitsuma's up to, but if it's in any way Marvel related, hype at a million billion.

Edit: Actually, let me temper myself, I was hyped for E3 and welp.

smurfx

get some go again
Said it in the other thread, but at least ONE of my characters has an infinite now, thanks to that Frank video.
can it only be done through the bottom TAC though? 3 way TAC infinites are the superior ones and ease of infinites too. right now it seems the only thing you need to do is block the bottom TAC to save yourself from being hit with an infinite.

can it only be done through the bottom TAC though? 3 way TAC infinites are the superior ones and ease of infinites too. right now it seems the only thing you need to do is block the bottom TAC to save yourself from being hit with an infinite.

I dunno. I'd test it, but my PS3 isn't even hooked up right now.

Spider-man:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDwhmgDAomc

Mr.Wizard already said the infinites will be allowed.

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE
Niitsuma confirmed as the new director of SFxT DLC content as Ono moves on to Darkstalkers.
HYPE!

"We are not making any new fighters, and Darkstalkers has been cancelled. Now here is Sven to read you Capcom's earnings report and deliver new news about Resident Evil 6's DLC plans. Enjoy!"

ceryan

Banned
Ugh, I get the impression from that Evo panel description that Niitsuma is working on Darkstalkers. I'm actually looking forward to a new Darkstalkers game, but not from Niitsuma's team. I'd rather they work on a new MvC/MSH/TvC.

Ugh, I get the impression from that Evo panel description that Niitsuma is working on the new Darkstalkers. There's nothing inherently wrong with a new Darkstalkers game, but I'd rather see a new MvC/TvC/MSH from Niitsuma's team.
I'd be with you on that, but Niitsuma said he wanted to work on something for Japanese players, and I don't think Darkstalkers was big anywhere, was it? Plus, Darkstalkers is Ono's baby. It would be really strange if Niitsuma got it instead, though I know he cares about it too.

Also, why would you want Ono's team working on Darkstalkers over Niitsuma's?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Niitsuma confirmed as the new director of SFxT DLC content as Ono moves on to Darkstalkers.
HYPE!
ikLrX5wQBk39y.gif

Ugh, I get the impression from that Evo panel description that Niitsuma is working on the new Darkstalkers. There's nothing inherently wrong with a new Darkstalkers game, but I'd rather see a new MvC/TvC/MSH from Niitsuma's team.
I do too, since when asked about when they're announcing DSIV, Seth cited Comi-con and EVO repeatedly as potential places they could announce stuff.

Karst has got solid points against why it might be Ono working on it instead. Who knows, it could be both teams working on it.

Karst has got solid points against why it might be Ono working on it instead. Who knows, it could be both teams working on it.
After short-changing MvC3 and its expansion, you think Capcom suits would green-light putting their two greatest resources, Ono and Niitsuma, on one unproven, underground franchise? That I do not see, but then again I rarely understand Capcom, haha.

Who are the other two guys on the list? What have they worked on? That might help us out...off to Wikipedia!

ceryan

Banned
I'd be with you on that, but Niitsuma said he wanted to work on something for Japanese players, and I don't think Darkstalkers was big anywhere, was it? Plus, Darkstalkers is Ono's baby. It would be really strange if Niitsuma got it instead, though I know he cares about it too.

Also, why would you want Ono's team working on Darkstalkers over Niitsuma's?

Ono's no longer the director of the team at Dimps, and he said that he's stepped into some kind of new role within the company. I could see Niitsuma directing Darkstalkers with Ono acting as a producer or something. Ayano's essentially the new head of SF/SFxTK now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ono's no longer the director of the team at Dimps, and he said that he's stepped into some kind of new role within the company. I could see Niitsuma directing Darkstalkers with Ono acting as a producer or something. Ayano's essentially the new head of SF/SFxTK now.
Isn't Ono managing something going on at Capcom Vancouver or something now too?

Which is perplexing in itself.

God damn it, stupid ads made me miss Biz at The Break :mad:

After short-changing MvC3 and its expansion, you think Capcom suits would green-light putting their two greatest resources, Ono and Niitsuma, on one unproven, underground franchise? That I do not see, but then again I rarely understand Capcom, haha.

Who are the other two guys on the list? What have they worked on? That might help us out...off to Wikipedia!

The first one worked on SFxTK and the other 3SO.

ceryan

Banned
I actually think that blurb about Niitsuma making an announcement at Evo is big enough for its own topic. Somebody should get on that.

Grakl

Ugh, I get the impression from that Evo panel description that Niitsuma is working on Darkstalkers. I'm actually looking forward to a new Darkstalkers game, but not from Niitsuma's team. I'd rather they work on a new MvC/MSH/TvC.

Congrats on your first post, haha.

Dahbomb

I stopped trying to predict logical Capcom decisions a long ass time ago. Logic and Capcom shouldn't normally fall in one sentence.

And by Capcom I am talking about the higher ups not really the devs themselves.

Azure J

I stopped trying to predict logical Capcom decisions a long ass time ago. Logic and Capcom shouldn't normally fall in one sentence.

And by Capcom I am talking about the higher ups not really the devs themselves.

This is the worst worst worst part of things. Everything I've ever noticed about Capcom via their games leads me to believe that not only do they fucking love games/making games, they're God Tier with like Nintendo, Valve and 90s Sega when they get into it. Problem is their upper management fucks them all over horribly, the perception is that the whole company is ass when they are nowhere near it.

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

X-Men-Arcade1-600x300.jpg

Oh Lawd.

shaowebb

Anyone try to do an Arthur TAC infinite yet? I keep thinking the ax (the one that boomerangs. I think its an ax. I didn't read the name) could be used to get one going in the corner because doesn't it hit as you both try to land and pop them back up away from the ground as it comes back to you to keep juggling them? I'm just spitballing here, but that or maybe something using his armored form. I doubt it'd take armor and xfactor to get him going fast enough for this.

In this vid that I've been using for Arthur bnb basics there a moment right here where he gets an air combo going and at the top of the apex of their height he pops the ax boomerangy thingy. That move kept them up long enough for Arthure to beat them to the ground. In this he goes for sword relaunches and such, but for the TAC infinite couldnt he possibly jump up, basic combo cut short into ax at apex, fall, then repeat for the infinite?

Again I'm spitballing here as I'm new to the guy and my execution is junk. Any Arthur's wanna try for this? Q are you up for it?

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

QBuTT.jpg

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

I61x7.gif

Tirael

OH MAAAAAAAN. Didn't the UMvC3X rumor cause enough stir that a Capcom rep had to personally dismiss it? I hate to get my hopes up, but come on.

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I want him so bad.

This, forever and ever.

Edit: Man, MahvelGAF is in quite the stir! So much stuff going on, tons of pages being added to this thread.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I know this was talked about a long time back, but... Countering a TAC should be punishable in some manner. For real.

shaowebb

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

YdnTd.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I've never played God Hand and I approve of Gene. I approve so hard. I want that roulette wheel as a hyper that changes every time you do it. It's so perfect.

Also spanking command grab hyper.

I've never played God Hand and I approve of Gene. I approve so hard. I want that roulette wheel as a hyper that changes every time you do it. It's so perfect.

Also spanking command grab hyper.
I'm really skeptical about Marvel letting their characters get spanked.
Morrigan should gain health from it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Ugh, Frank already got enough stupid shit off of brainless, skill-less TACs. Guaranteed level 4 + huge meter gain shouldn't have been one of them.

Dahbomb

So much fail in this page... SMH

There is apparently an UltraChen panel dedicated to discussing UMVC3 high level play. Don't know what that's about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom