• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what to think of that announcement.

Also, Godhand is a fun game and everyone should play it at least for the humor and style (although I gotta admit that the game itself could be better, but ohwells).

I'm really skeptical about Marvel letting their characters get spanked.
Morrigan should gain health from it.

Best post.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So much fail in this page... SMH

There is apparently an UltraChen panel dedicated to discussing UMVC3 high level play. Don't know what that's about.
They will have a single high level player up there to discuss with them, who is TBA.

TBH, in a perfect world I'd have more Marvel-specific knowledgeable people running the panel, but I'll take it. I'm sure they'll still prepare something great.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
They will have a single high level player up there to discuss with them, who is TBA.

TBH, in a perfect world I'd have more Marvel-specific knowledgeable people running the panel, but I'll take it. I'm sure they'll still prepare something great.

They did say that there will be an unannounced player doing the panel with them. Hope it's OMGiTZAndre.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Anyone try to do an Arthur TAC infinite yet? I keep thinking the ax (the one that boomerangs. I think its an ax. I didn't read the name) could be used to get one going in the corner because doesn't it hit as you both try to land and pop them back up away from the ground as it comes back to you to keep juggling them? I'm just spitballing here, but that or maybe something using his armored form. I doubt it'd take armor and xfactor to get him going fast enough for this.

In this vid that I've been using for Arthur bnb basics there a moment right here where he gets an air combo going and at the top of the apex of their height he pops the ax boomerangy thingy. That move kept them up long enough for Arthure to beat them to the ground. In this he goes for sword relaunches and such, but for the TAC infinite couldnt he possibly jump up, basic combo cut short into ax at apex, fall, then repeat for the infinite?

Again I'm spitballing here as I'm new to the guy and my execution is junk. Any Arthur's wanna try for this? Q are you up for it?

I wont be able to get on it til friday. The ax should work, it works with out the TAC glitch... >.> *non armored* It's just a really stupidly strict 1 frame link that requires precise positioning lol

Tirael

Sven dismissed it. UMvC3X is almost certainly a fake, regardless.

Oh, I'm sure it is. But I'm just saying, it made them AWARE of the support for it.

Re: God Hand. I'm making my girlfriend play through that game, she's ALMOST done. She's having a tough time about it, but enjoying it nonetheless. Again, it's on PSN, so anyone that has a PS3 that has not played it should pick it up. It's a steal at $15. (Also rate it highly on their rating system)

I've come up with some AMAZING ideas for hypers and special moves, they're all right there in his move list and Roulettes. I came up with an idea for a Dragon Kick hyper, the Roulette that sends them into the sky, then they come back down? I was thinking it could be like a super snap-back. He Dragon Kicks their ass into the Milky Way, and locks down assist calling and switching for twice as long as a Snap-back. Which character gets switched in? L+M for Assist 1, and M+H for Assist 2.

Re: Frank's infinite. Friggin' REALLY? That's some really useful tech right there. Also, why does the S at the end send them back to the ground? I thought if you weren't at SJ height, S just acts like a normal hit.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Re: Frank's infinite. Friggin' REALLY? That's some really useful tech right there. Also, why does the S at the end send them back to the ground? I thought if you weren't at SJ height, S just acts like a normal hit.

As long as the combo has a launcher and the opponent doesn't hit the ground, it doesn't matter how many times you touch the ground or how close you are to the ground, it still causes a hard knockdown.

I've come up with some AMAZING ideas for hypers and special moves, they're all right there in his move list and Roulettes. I came up with an idea for a Dragon Kick hyper, the Roulette that sends them into the sky, then they come back down? I was thinking it could be like a super snap-back. He Dragon Kicks their ass into the Milky Way, and locks down assist calling and switching for twice as long as a Snap-back. Which character gets switched in? L+M for Assist 1, and M+H for Assist 2.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30664369&postcount=12840

shaowebb

I've never played God Hand and I approve of Gene. I approve so hard. I want that roulette wheel as a hyper that changes every time you do it. It's so perfect.

Also spanking command grab hyper.

How would you possibly capitolize off a hyper thats random? DHC hoping for a pillar off an air SHinko Hado and instead he goes for something else and whiffs. Go for a character kill and get the wrong one and only land some of the hits. Go for launcher into hyper that hits parabolic and get the dashing one and shoot right under them.

I like the idea of roulette wheel but only if it slows time and you can select which hyper to use off it. Give him a crapload of level 1's and have them all on the same input and selectable during the time slow in this manner like in his game IMO. I'd love to see him get something ridiculous like an air double palm shot like a more massive version of Akuma's air fireball for spacing and a Steve Fox looking dodge maneuver. Make it like Joe's.
Godhand is needed for this game.

Also you need to play this. Like now. Right now. Go.

MANLY PICTURE TIIIIIIME!!!
G3QWJ.jpg

I wont be able to get on it til friday. The ax should work, it works with out the TAC glitch... >.> *non armored* It's just a really stupidly strict 1 frame link that requires precise positioning lol

Sweet! I figured the Ax would work for Arthur since it gives him so long to land. Its nice to know you think he can do it without the armor because as we all know when the armor pops so does Arthur. Here's hoping we see one soon. Too bad I suck at stuff like this. Remember the hell of linking Spencer's zipkick to armor piercer in Vanilla? Yeah I never could get it to work which is why I'm betting I'd choke at this.

Dahbomb

I have a gene theory fighter move list too but I don't which page it was on. My Vergil theory fighter move lost ended up bring like 90% accurate.

Lmao at only dmc bring no 2. That's not even a functional dmc game.

Tobe

He played Chris G, whom was using Morrigan / Magneto / Doom. Chris was trying to use Morrigan's tac trick to get to Magnus and use the infinite. He failed, but Biz still lost to SoulSoulSoul stuff.

where is he playing?!!! new york? and i can relate to that i got bodied by chris g when i was in ny. i could kill characters he was just on another level.

Tirael

Re: God's Beard. Very impressive, I like your style.

The good: Most of his normals look really good, and having command normals is pretty much straight out of his game. Like Guard Breaker being an overhead is absolutely perfect, it was such an important aspect of his game. He looks like he's almost Iron Fist-esque, which is TOTALLY fine, they'd be bros for life anyway. (Most manly fist bump ever confirmed?)

I really like his God Hand being an install hyper, that's exactly what it should be. Giving it one hit of super armor is a great way of making it similar to the game it's from without being broken. Also I like him having his different evades set to S + an attack. It's just like the way other character's evades are. You seem to have a good grasp of how his moves would be implemented in Marvel.

Roulette Wheel being a selectable hyper that allows you to choose is the best it could be. Adding bars for more powerful Roulettes is great. La Bomba being a launcher move like Chun Li's hyper just sounds like it'd be so right. Enlightenment recovering all his red health? That's just ridiculously good, and unique, which is good for a Marvel game. Assists are great too, but Taunt would have to be quick for it to ever get used.

The could be improved: I'm not sure how his air normals would be implemented, Facerunner and Discombobulator are like ten hits in his game. Also slowing time down for his Roulette hyper is stylistically correct, it still gives your opponent a hell of a long time to respond, making usage of them very difficult. Also not sure how I feel about some of his more powerful Roulettes implemented as specials, particularly Dragon Kick. Seems kind of out of place. Also maybe switch Wild Pitch with Shockwave? Or Head Slicer? Other than those admittedly minor gripes, it's great.

shaowebb

I loved the combat and atmosphere of DMC but I literally couldn't stand Dante. He acted like a complete twat. He was like the Poochy of videogames for me and I just couldn't stand all the smarmy posturing. I played the first one and got past the spider boss and such, but I just had no love for the dude. I knew 2 was bad so I tried 3 and made it through the opening scene before saying "no" and turning it off. Dude was just that irritating.

Which one lets me play as Vergil the whole time? If its 3 I might go back in sometime to rip Dante apart. 4 sounds like it had cool combat ideas (but then they all did) but the reusage of stages seems pretty offputting from what I've seen.

Combat was so great, but I just couldn't stand Dante in the end and I couldn't continue with him. He acted like a boastful 14 year old on the bus trying to "burn" everybody around him in an attempt to be cooler. Too many Poochy vibes for me to handle.

Tobe

you know what would make the infinite a lot easier at least franks, fucking negative edge i hate that its not present in umvc3.

I loved the combat and atmosphere of DMC but I literally couldn't stand Dante. He acted like a complete twat. He was like the Poochy of videogames for me and I just couldn't stand all the smarmy posturing. I played the first one and got past the spider boss and such, but I just had no love for the dude. I knew 2 was bad so I tried 3 and made it through the opening scene before saying "no" and turning it off. Dude was just that irritating.

Which one lets me play as Vergil the whole time? If its 3 I might go back in sometime to rip Dante apart. 4 sounds like it had cool combat ideas (but then they all did) but the reusage of stages seems pretty offputting from what I've seen.

Combat was so great, but I just couldn't stand Dante in the end and I couldn't continue with him. He acted like a boastful 14 year old on the bus trying to "burn" everybody around him in an attempt to be cooler. Too many Poochy vibes for me to handle.

Man, if this is how you feel about old Dante, I can't imagine how you would feel about new Dante in DmC.

As long as the combo has a launcher and the opponent doesn't hit the ground, it doesn't matter how many times you touch the ground or how close you are to the ground, it still causes a hard knockdown.

The Magneto infinite gets around this by using Hypergrav, then using air S in the combo without causing a knockdown.

Tirael

I'll eat several hats if Gene ever gets into a Capcom fighter. He'll forever be a "considered" character.

Whether it's true or not, you don't have to SAY it. : (

I have a gene theory fighter move list too but I don't which page it was on. My Vergil theory fighter move lost ended up bring like 90% accurate

I would be very interested in seeing it, though. >_>

Late to the sadness party, but I've only played one DMC game, and it was #2. I've been soured on the series ever since.

Dahbomb is completely correct. You couldn't have picked a worse one. 1, 3, and 4 are all MUCH better games, particularly 3. If you only play one of them, you should play that one. It's a prequel, so you don't have to play any of the others in order to get the story. Also, 1, 2, and 3 have been remastered in an HD collection for PS3 and 360, so you could always pick that up or rent it.

I'll play God Hand sometime. Right now I'm going through Xenoblade.

That would be lovely.

Firebrand is pretty much the WTF I CAN'T BELIEVE HE'S ACTUALLY IN THIS. Character of the game imo
Indeed.

Just skip the cut scenes.

3 let's you play as Vergil but it isn't until 4 that you actually get to fight SOMEONE as a boss.
Thanks for the spoiler, ass.

Ah man. Every time Biz jumped, Strider assist was there to kick him back down into the bullet hell. Good shit though Biz.
Bizazedo shall now be entirely on my side in the war to nerf Vajra. He knows my pain.

Grecco

Peter Rosas ‏@TheComboFiend
Ironman infinite! If anyone is still playing marvel after Evo, you can catch me rocking that Mag/Im/Sent goodness.

:(

ceryan

Banned
It's not like he's less likely than Firebrand was.

I actually disagree. Red Arremer/Firebrand is perceived as a minor character (in the West, anyway), but Capcom's always seemed to like him. He has three of his own games, he was in SVC Chaos, and he's made a few cameos in things like Namco X Capcom and the upcoming Project X Zone. Before Mega Man took off, Capcom considered Ghosts 'n Goblins their flagship franchise, and Red Arremer is that series' second most iconic character. He's clearly not in the same league as Mega Man or Ryu or anything like that, but I do think he's much more important to the Capcom brand than Gene is. At the end of the day, Gene is just a character from a standalone game that flopped.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I heard it was Firebrand or X getting in, and since they wanted another character that could be mobile in the air, X got the shaft. : / (Odd, since his aerial mobility is so janky.)

Firebrand's aerial mobility is actually pretty damn fluid he's one of the easier characters to mind fuck people with that doesn't have a teleport. X would never get in. We have arthur. Arthur alone cockblocks any chance of mega being in the game unless they just want to copy pasta TvC megaman

I actually disagree. Red Arremer/Firebrand is perceived as a minor character (in the West, anyway), but Capcom's always seemed to like him. He has three of his own games, he was in SVC Chaos, and he's made a few cameos in things like Namco X Capcom and the upcoming Project X Zone. Before Mega Man took off, Capcom considered Ghosts 'n Goblins their flagship franchise, and Red Arremer is that series' second most iconic character. He's clearly not in the same league as Mega Man or Ryu or anything like that, but I do think he's much more important to the Capcom brand than Gene is. At the end of the day, Gene is just a character from a standalone game that flopped.
Yeah but if you haven't noticed most of if not all the picks are based on American audiences as that's who this game was made for.

shaowebb

Man, if this is how you feel about old Dante, I can't imagine how you would feel about new Dante in DmC.

New Dante seems like an asshole more than Poochy to me so I'm cool with him since he doesn't grate on me as bad. He's not "cool" by any stretch and seems like a goth poser, but thats far less annoying to me than old Dante. Plus I like all the stuff with the city moving around.

I'll be playing new DMC and hoping not to become annoyed to the point of disgust by its main like I did with old Dante. I don't really prefer either over each other and I'm really just using them as a vehicle for the atmosphere and combos. I love the gameplay.

My girlfriend wants to get DmC :-|
New girlfriend time.

I heard it was Firebrand or X getting in, and since they wanted another character that could be mobile in the air, X got the shaft. : / (Odd, since his aerial mobility is so janky.)
Capcom has been pretty open about him being select because they wanted a "creature" character.

Peter Rosas ‏@TheComboFiend
Ironman infinite! If anyone is still playing marvel after Evo, you can catch me rocking that Mag/Im/Sent goodness.
:(
Haha, what? If anyone is still playing Marvel after Evo? In what world do you think this game is becoming less popular?!

I've played like 200 games against Biz. He's known the pains of Vajra for a long time. :p
Good!

Touche, I retract my point.

ayx3Z.jpg

Yeah well, that's just like, your opinion, man.
Hahaha.

Firebrand's aerial mobility is actually pretty damn fluid he's one of the easier characters to mind fuck people with that doesn't have a teleport. X would never get in. We have arthur. Arthur alone cockblocks any chance of mega being in the game unless they just want to copy pasta TvC megaman
I loathe Firebrand's aerial mobility. So many things wrong with it.

ceryan

Banned
I heard it was Firebrand or X getting in, and since they wanted another character that could be mobile in the air, X got the shaft. : /

I'm not sure where you heard that, but in an interview from earlier this year, Niitsuma insinuated that Rouge ("a certain Power Stone woman") and Firebrand were vying for the same spot. They were afraid that Rouge might mess with the game's rating, and coupled with wanting a "creature" character and somebody that could fly, Firebrand won out.

Azure J

Eeeewwwwww.

So much wrong and yet I know that Capcom would probably think along these lines. The single greatest space control/all rounder character (in any incarnation at that!) potentially and yet all anyone with the ability to make the fully realized character would have him do is jump 'n shoot literally. =|

Dahbomb

Dump the bitch.
Also that dmc4 isn't really a spoiler because not only is it in the first mission as a tutorial but its on the box art as well including various other promotion pics released long before the games launch. For the longest time Dante was painted as the antagonist of the game.... The spoiler
is that he was good all along and it was Nero who was working for the bad guys.

Azure J

Why would Rouge change the rating?

This after all the Felicia posturing (apparently, she was going to get the rating shot up somehow, I forget the interview, but I still think it's funny) makes me wonder if they just felt a bit too self-conscious.

Kinda reminds me of Sakurai and requests for Lip in the Smash series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom