• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Popularity of marvel is going to drop after evo. Chou was talking about numerous players already rage quitting in online marvel sure to infinites.

Plenty of games have boobs all over the place. I'm not following the Rouge thing, or how it's related to Lip (who looks like a conservative character to me).

Popularity of marvel is going to drop after evo. Chou was talking about numerous players already rage quitting in online marvel sure to infinites.
That just guarantees a patch.

ceryan

Banned
Plenty of games have boobs all over the place. I'm not following the Rouge thing
chJFE.png

Azure J

I wonder if I'm desensitized, because I still don't think it's all that bad. Lose the nipple tassles and make the see through less transparent and it's cool I'd say.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This is pretty presumptuous, but I certainly think it's a huge issue that needs to be addressed.

Interesting to see Noel Brown picking Dormammu and Doom back up. He...clearly has some catching up to do.

Fake Edit: OMG back to his original team!

Phoenix doesn't have her nipples out all the time.
Ohhh, now I get it. I was looking at her normal picture and it felt like that scene from Scrooged.

Oh derp. LOL I was thinking Rogue not Rouge herpy derpy. They just wouldnt give her that form.
How does she get that form?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I wonder if I'm desensitized, because I still don't think it's all that bad. Lose the nipple tassles and make the see through less transparent and it's cool I'd say.

we'd just get this

How does she get that form?

By collecting gems which you knock out of players and randomly appears. Once you collect 3 I believe it was you unlock your characters super form for a bit. Sony's smash bros game kinda has a simular concept I guess you could say

By collecting gems which you knock out of players and randomly appears. Once you collect 3 I believe it was you unlock your characters super form for a bit. Sony's smash bros game kinda has a simular concept I guess you could say
If the form is kind of her goal in the game, then I can't see them leaving it out. It'd be like leaving Devil Trigger out.

Rouge now has my support for this game.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The Magneto infinite gets around this by using Hypergrav, then using air S in the combo without causing a knockdown.

Yep. It's a nice trick.

I loved the combat and atmosphere of DMC but I literally couldn't stand Dante. He acted like a complete twat. He was like the Poochy of videogames for me and I just couldn't stand all the smarmy posturing. I played the first one and got past the spider boss and such, but I just had no love for the dude. I knew 2 was bad so I tried 3 and made it through the opening scene before saying "no" and turning it off. Dude was just that irritating.

Which one lets me play as Vergil the whole time? If its 3 I might go back in sometime to rip Dante apart. 4 sounds like it had cool combat ideas (but then they all did) but the reusage of stages seems pretty offputting from what I've seen.

Combat was so great, but I just couldn't stand Dante in the end and I couldn't continue with him. He acted like a boastful 14 year old on the bus trying to "burn" everybody around him in an attempt to be cooler. Too many Poochy vibes for me to handle.

Old Dante is deliberate and completely self-aware. The new Dante is just a teenage douchebag that you would see walking down the street, trying to act thug and committing petty theft.

My girlfriend wants to get DmC :-|

Ew, God. At least buy it used.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
You know I haven't checked it cause I can't til friday but shouldn't shuma be able to do the TAC thing easy as fuck?

Then kill who ever comes in for free

Dahbomb

This is pretty presumptuous, but I certainly think it's a huge issue that needs to be addressed.
I am not really being presumptuous though as the popularity is clearly dropping in a particular scene. The Japanese adopted this tech quicker than the us and its in the wild now, people are getting salty and its not the scrubs but rather the people who have stuck with the game for a long time that don't like this. Even Marlin wants this patched.

People will still play it and it will be featured next evo but without a patch interest will be less.

You know I haven't checked it cause I can't til friday but shouldn't shuma be able to do the TAC thing easy as fuck?

Then kill who ever comes in for free
No clue, but Shuma-Gorath is one of 5 characters who can TAC glitch someone in.

I am not really being presumptuous though as the popularity is clearly dropping in a particular scene. The Japanese adopted this tech quicker than the us and its in the wild now, people are getting salty and its not the scrubs but rather the people who have stuck with the game for a long time that don't like this. Even Marlin wants this patched.

People will still play it and it will be featured next evo but without a patch interest will be less.
I'm not understanding why it upsets people significantly more than normal TACs.

Azure J

Old Dante is deliberate and completely self-aware. The new Dante is just a teenage douchebag that you would see walking down the street, trying to act thug and committing petty theft.

It's not even this that bugs me. It's just how much more seriously new Dante and DmC takes itself. That and the "let's play all the taboo character trait cards because fuck yea modern game development" aspects of his design just turn me off in a manner oddly similar to how shaowebb gets turned off by current Dante. DmC is like looking through a singularity to see how original Dante as a concept could go horribly wrong whereas now he's a self aware analgamation of action game heroes and charming for it (granted your mileage may vary).

TL;DR - DmC Dante is a Poochie'd anti-Poochie.

If Dormammu and Iron Man have infinites, you can bet your butt that every character with an air dash has them.

Infinites just bring the salt. Its just repetitive and boring to watch especially if some of them are easy to do. This its why mvc2 didn't take off in Japan among other reasons.
TACs make me salty - whatever happens afterward, the cumulative salt gain is displaced on to TACs.

Azure J

I'm not understanding why it upsets people significantly more than normal TACs.

A part of me believes it's just people looking for validation for the Marvel = broken kusoge game train of thought, but thinking about it overall, I guess people just don't like the association of easy infinites to a game like this where things are much faster than most are used to.

time to bail.

lj0ZT.gif

I really wasn't expecting that ending. Holy fuck, I am winded. :lol

Theres better characters to pick for this game from PS imo :) Wang Tang for MVC4

Wang Tang could be both the most blandly anime & supremely hype thing on stream. Super Saiyan references out the ass. :lol

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

He understands so fucking much.

Infinites just bring the salt. Its just repetitive and boring to watch especially if some of them are easy to do. This its why mvc2 didn't take off in Japan among other reasons.

Not to mention you have to sit and wait and watch as your character's health gets whittled down a tiny bit at a time due to the damage scaling. I can see why people prone to ragequitting would ragequit with even more frequency.

It's not even this that bugs me. It's just how much more seriously new Dante and DmC takes itself. That and the "let's play all the taboo character trait cards because fuck yea modern game development" aspects of his design just turn me off in a manner oddly similar to how shaowebb gets turned off by current Dante. DmC is like looking through a singularity to see how original Dante as a concept could go horribly wrong whereas now he's a self aware analgamation of action game heroes and charming for it (granted your mileage may vary).

TL;DR - DmC Dante is a Poochie'd anti-Poochie.

A lot... LOT of things bug me about the new Dante. I'm not going to get into it, but insinuating that the old Dante a tryhard adolescent (Poochy) compared to the new Dante is straight up silly.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Not to mention you have to sit and wait and watch as your character's health gets whittled down a tiny bit at a time due to the damage scaling. I can see why people prone to ragequitting would ragequit with even more frequency.

Don't we already do this for Virgil/magneto/zero/dante combos?

Sounds like Zero, Vergil, and Dante combos to me.

FSLink

Banned
This after all the Felicia posturing (apparently, she was going to get the rating shot up somehow, I forget the interview, but I still think it's funny) makes me wonder if they just felt a bit too self-conscious.

Kinda reminds me of Sakurai and requests for Lip in the Smash series.

What was up with Sakurai and Lip? Lip would have been a fun character. :( Plus Tetris Attack/Panel De Pon references are all over the place.

smurfx

get some go again
This is pretty much the one and only reason why I don't get hyped about anything Marlinpie does nearly as much as your typical stream monster.
as much as i like it it still bugs me that only a few characters in the game can take advantage of TAC b.s. the worst part is that many of those characters have level 3's. -__-

Grecco

=

Wang Tang could be both the most blandly anime & supremely hype thing on stream. Super Saiyan references out the ass. :lol

Its incredible how blatantly ripped off. His hair turns golden when he powers up and all of his special moves are moves that Goku has used in DBZ. Including the Kamehameha and his Spirit Bomb. Level 3 Spirit bomb hyper combo PLS !

shaowebb

O_O
What is the maximum level of understanding he can have for his hyper? Please say they set a limit...
A lot... LOT of things bug me about the new Dante. I'm not going to get into it, but insinuating that the old Dante a tryhard adolescent (Poochy) compared to the new Dante is straight up silly.

Dante couldn't even remove the swords impaling him without doing it "extreme" in DMC 1. He just stood up and let the hilt rip him even more as it tore through his chest and out his back. He just irked me with how badass he always was. And the pizza scene in DMC 3's intro was too much. I got it was mocking itself but it was just beyond my ability to take. THAT was a poochy moment.

The new Dante bugs me with the whole swim through the air insinuate sexual deviance and massive penis thing. Sings too much of old Dante for me. However, in gameplay he seems more gripey and less "Yeeha!" to me. Thats why I can stand him. Dude is still a self aware douche but hes more of an asshole now so I can handle it. Plus I really love the world falling apart as I said. I already know that Devil May Cry is not a series meant for me, but I love the combat in the games and the world. Its just all the "Dante is soooo awesome and wow at his giant penis" that makes me groan and say enough. My balls dropped decades ago and even then this was too immature for me. Felt like a fanfic self insertion. Its why the idea of playing as Vergil appeals to me far more than Dante. Heck I'd like to see what Nero has to offer if I didn't already know that the game involved a lot of retread in DMC4.

Im not saying I like the new Dante, but I find him more tolerable than the old one who egostroked every other second. Just take it for what it is. He wasn't a character for me. He was too "extreme" and too "yeeha I'm awesome" for me in his attitude and will forever be Poochy to me. If new Dante starts doing this or turns pure crybaby Ill have to turn off DMC as well. Guy had great combat and a great world though. Can I mute Dante and skip all his cutscenes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom