• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Do we seriously expect this patch to be implemented before EVO? Isn't there a time limit before a patch is approved? I am not even sure I want this patched before EVO, I say let it rock and then patch it after EVO. I would be fine either way honestly but I still want to see some infinites on the big screen just for the hype.

There is administrative lag in implementing patches, but the more game-breaking glitches can generally can be addressed more quickly... rushed to the top of the list, so to speak. I can't imagine that the infinites would contitute a game-breaking glitch, so they'll probably let it rock for EVO.

Bizazedo

Do we seriously expect this patch to be implemented before EVO? Isn't there a time limit before a patch is approved? I am not even sure I want this patched before EVO, I say let it rock and then patch it after EVO. I would be fine either way honestly but I still want to see some infinites on the big screen just for the hype.

No chance. MS cert alone would prevent it.

Dahbomb

46lBH.png

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I think we should have avatar bets on whether Marvel will get a new patch or not.

I will volunteer for it. Balance patch for Marvel (not talking about new content) around or after EVO 2012 any time before EVO 2013. Who wants in on this action?

I dunno Dahbomb looks like you said balance patch. Then again we don't know what else is in this patch.

Maybe the rules should have been more clear from the beginning :lol

Dahbomb

Again, glitch patch doesn't mean there won't be some balance changes in them just like the previous patch which gave Chris a new special cancel.

If there is even a single balance change between now and EVO 2013 or in that upcoming patch, I win.

I am still liking my chances.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Again, glitch patch doesn't mean there won't be some balance changes in them just like the previous patch which gave Chris a new special cancel.

If there is even a single balance change between now and EVO 2013 or in that upcoming patch, I win.

I am still liking my chances.

I just think you like it more that you don't have to wear my avatar than making Sephi wear some other avatar.

Dahbomb

I just think you like it more that you don't have to wear my avatar than making Sephi wear some other avatar.
Oh god yes.

Nos99 on SRK discovered some additional MODOK tech from the infinite. Seems that MODOK can remain in the air after killing a character off of a TAC infinite and if he touches the next character while in this "state" he gets to continue the infinite on the next character.

THAT IS NUTSO!!!!
Here's something else that's pretty crazy.. If I kill someone with MODOK TAC infinite, MODOK can keep floating around, and keeps the stored TAC state!

Meaning, if MODOK can hit the incoming character before landing, he can transition to an infinite combo without ever needing to hit them with a TAC attack. I imagine other characters can also maintain the TAC state by activating flight or something too.

Hrm.. how would this affect airthrowing people when you have a stored TAC state? OS infinite into airthrow into infinite? lolz

Don't hit buttons on the way in!!

If the "guard break throw tech" is utilized some what with this then we are officially back to MVC2 status.

Yeah, MODOK by staying airborne can continue it. Wonder if any other characters can continue by using flight cancels?

Well, hopefully nobody pulls off the Zero/X23/Dante one touch annihilation TAC trick.

Horseress

Nos99 on SRK discovered some additional MODOK tech from the infinite. Seems that MODOK can remain in the air after killing a character off of a TAC infinite and if he touches the next character while in this "state" he gets to continue the infinite on the next character.

THAT IS NUTSO!!!!

GOOD LORD!

ShitJustGotRealLlama.gif

Dahbomb

This would affect character balance, so it is a balance patch by definition anyway.

Dahbomb wins imo. The reason for the patch is irrelevant. Don't think that was part of the bet.
I think so too, patching out the infinites definitely changes the balance and the more they tinker with the TACs the more character balance is affected.

Kusoru posted a tweet where he was saying that if Capcom nerfed the TACs too much he would have to stop playing Joe because it allowed him to do TAC combos into Frank to level him up. He would then have to play Zero.

But whatever, the original post said balance patch and that warrants that a specific character change be implemented for it to be considered a balance patch (like the Sentinel health nerf or the Wright assist nerf).

mr. puppy

Banned
now that things are back to normal, i really want chrisg to win evo. Only b/c i theorized that vergil shit with morridoom like 4 months ago and its a really really awesome team. fuck akuma.

sephi22

Nice to see Mahvel-GAF sticking up for me.
But yeah, as Dahbomb and I discussed in the FG weekly thread, if there are even a couple of character changes (not counting the TAC infinite removal), then I lose the bet.

I'm liking Dahbomb's chances too.

Ew, you want ChrisG to win EVO? ewwwwwww
I do too. Dude pioneered a brand new way to play this game and he deserves to use the cheap stuff after sticking to a team with Ryu in it for such a long time.

Who's dick do I have to suck to get this into the game?

I'm torn on FChamp. I really enjoy it when he uses Dormammu, but when he wins with Dark Phoenix it's just boring. Big comebacks with regular Phoenix are the tits, but that's going to be rare. I think he still has a good chance to winning the whole thing though.

The players that I most want to do well (though I don't think they will win) are Abegen and Royal Flush.

I respect the hell out of ChrisG, but his team is so boring to watch. It's only hype when he gets blown up. It seems like people have started to figure him out though, at least to some degree. He doesn't seem as dominant as he was a couple months ago.

I want ChrisG to win EVO not only because he's my favorite player, but because I want to bathe in the 10+ pages of bitter tears that will undoubtedly show up once he takes it all.

zlatko

Banned
You know all this Modok tech is being leaked by Keth Sillian now that he is no longer with the CapCops.

Modok is top tier now.

Azure J

I want ChrisG to win EVO not only because he's my favorite player, but because I want to bathe in the 10+ pages of bitter tears that will undoubtedly show up once he takes it all.

This. Dude explored the roster and came up with something unique, believed in it and is now beasting with all the accumulated experience from it.

At the same time, Yipes & Marlinpie are still my overall favorite favorites, but Chris Grip is right under them.

@Mr. Puppy: I came up with that team first! :p

Wasn't Dieminion the one who really showed people what Morrigan could do though? I feel like Dieminion discovered it but ChrisG perfected it with adding Doom and Akuma (or I guess Vergil now).

I dunno, I just don't give him that much credit for "coming up" with it.

Solune

no just nerf doom missiles.

I keep seeing nerf missiles, how are you going to nerf it? Disappear if Doom is hit? They ALREADY nerfed it, I hate seeing shit get nerfed to the ground. Removal of infinites though that's different since it's exploiting the game's mechanics.

Azure J

Wasn't Dieminion the one who really showed people what Morrigan could do though? I feel like Dieminion discovered it but ChrisG perfected it with adding Doom and Akuma (or I guess Vergil now).

I dunno, I just don't give him that much credit for "coming up" with it.

Die was doing the MorriSou stuff yeah, but it was Chris who got the idea of running it with missiles after a troll team pick gave him the duo in one of the Big Two winners finals iirc.

JeTmAn81

I keep seeing nerf missiles, how are you going to nerf it? Disappear if Doom is hit? They ALREADY nerfed it, I hate seeing shit get nerfed to the ground. Removal of infinites though that's different since it's exploiting the game's mechanics.

Get rid of it entirely. An assist that good really hurts game balance and leads to way too many teams with Doom on them. Just keep it as a point-only move and replace it with Photon Shot or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom