• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobe

holy shit i just saw the break and saw biz, dude i pictured you way younger. how old are you man? still good shit biz, good luck at evo. get that top 32.

Chavelo

Hey I just Soul Fisted you, and this crazy, so here's this infinite, can you hold that maybe?

citizen-kane-clapping-gif.gif

smurfx

get some go again
alright i gotta ask because its always bothered me. does weskers stupid air gun shot track you somewhat? i swear it seems he cannot miss no matter where i am.

Dahbomb

alright i gotta ask because its always bothered me. does weskers stupid air gun shot track you somewhat? i swear it seems he cannot miss no matter where i am.
Lol.... no

But it has a hit box that resembles a beam similar to Dr Doom's Megatron laser.

Zissou

Until it gets patched, does anybody want to speculate on how tiers will shift around due to the TAC infinite discovery? I see it as:

-Characters who can do an infinite move up a bit. Much more so if they can do it off two or three directions of TAC, and even more if they have mid screen options as well. Characters also move up if an infinite gives them access to ToD combos that they couldn't do without the glitch.

-Characters who have access to a glitch that makes their TACs more difficult/impossible to counter move up in tiers. Similarly, characters who gain access to strong resets that specifically counter TAC-mashing (i.e., Magnus) also move up.

-Characters who gain extreme amounts of utility from having much more consistent access to extreme amounts of meter due to the glitch will move up substantially (Vergil, X-23, Phoenix, etc.)

Is there anything else that should be considered?

smurfx

get some go again
the only characters that move up tiers are the ones with 3 way TAC infinites which aren't many. down TAC infinites are pretty useless. not only that but many are hard to do and the risk of dropping them is too high. from what marlinpie said magneto's is the easiest to do but sentinels also looks kinda easy to do from what fanatiq said.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Until it gets patched, does anybody want to speculate on how tiers will shift around due to the TAC infinite discovery? I see it as:

-Characters who can do an infinite move up a bit. Much more so if they can do it off two or three directions of TAC, and even more if they have mid screen options as well. Characters also move up if an infinite gives them access to ToD combos that they couldn't do without the glitch.

-Characters who have access to a glitch that makes their TACs more difficult/impossible to counter move up in tiers. Similarly, characters who gain access to strong resets that specifically counter TAC-mashing (i.e., Magnus) also move up.

-Characters who gain extreme amounts of utility from having much more consistent access to extreme amounts of meter due to the glitch will move up substantially (Vergil, X-23, Phoenix, etc.)

Is there anything else that should be considered?
In general, a situational "infinite" that can only be started off of a breakable TAC is not going to be as useful as a typical TOD combo, even if the latter costs significantly more resources. As silly as they may be, I don't think they'd shake things up that much.

Phoenix would probably benefit from it more than any other character due to the meter gain, and it's because of 2 reasons. First, it provides a way for Phoenix teams to possibly get to 5 bars in one combo. Second, her opponents are somewhat deterred from using TAC infinites on Phoenix teams because the player getting hit ALSO builds a lot of meter. That's pretty significant.

Otherwise? Not a huge gamechanger. There's a few other characters like you mentioned that could benefit a lot from it, but yeah.

If Morrigan has an infinite with Soul Drain loops that'd be absolutely hilarious. I'd love to see it.

Dahbomb

Might as well do this:

Move up in tiers:

*Characters who can easily set up the infinite from ALL TACs with the infinite being practical to execute (Trish, Magneto, Iron Man etc.)

*Characters who are great at the start of the round opening gambit (Wolverine, Viper)

*Characters who are generally in the lower end of damage output as they can either end a combo in a TAC infinite or TAC into an infinite (Strider, Firebrand, Joe, RR)

*Characters who are natural occupiers of the 2nd and 3rd slots (Sentinel, Doom, Storm, Dante)

*Characters who can use the TAC infinite to level themselves up (MODOK, Frank West)

*Characters who can burn a ton of meter to gain huge advantage in the match (Dorm, X-23, Vergil, Phoenix, Doom + Ammy THC)

*Characters who can exploit the TAC in other ways (Morrigan)

Move down in tiers:

*Characters who have no way to set up an infinite after a TAC or can only do it from one direction or the infinite is impractical because it has a ton of tight links

That's my general take on it. Characters will move up and very few will actually go down. With the exception of very few characters like MODOK, Frank and X-23, most of the characters who benefit from this are already in top/high tier. In the end if everyone actually has a practical infinite it's just going to come down to who is a better character overall except for the few I mentioned because they can abuse the after effects of the infinite (meter gain or gimmick enhancement).

More research is still required but this is what the infinite meta game is looking like right now.

mostly OT: Just got a DOTA invite from steam..
I got one too actually, just yesterday. I am now in a triple vortex.

Dahbomb

Guys.....

Say no to invincible assists. At least until they fix the whole assists are active if the point character is hit or you can call assists during tech rolls.

Invincible or hard knockdown assists should not exist.

Combo breakers are dumb, and people should have to have a better response time than 2 seconds for conversions.

Azure J

Her invincible fire. But if she gets that, then I want NORMAL Wright to have his Press the Witness to have invincibility.

I meant in terms of making a team for her. :lol

I'm with Dah regarding invincible assists, but I don't know how I feel about hard knockdown aspects completely. Stuff like Lariat I can understand, but I don't know how I feel about Vajira yet. (Leaning towards Soft Knockdown since my stuff doesn't depend on full derp from off the ground.)

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I never want Vajra to be nerfed. That's one thing that I really think can keep Zero in check. So many characters have a hard time smacking him out of the air otherwise.

Azure J

Inform me, how do assists function differently in MVC2 versus 3? Remember, I have like about the equivalent of 10 minutes experience with MVC2 beforehand.

I never want Vajra to be nerfed. That's one thing that I really think can keep Zero in check. So many characters have a hard time smacking him out of the air otherwise.

I really wanted to say this exactly, but I really feel for folks who play Flight characters that have to engage fly for their mobility. That and the whole no hard knockdown assists precedent post Ultimate's changes to Double Lariat.

There's also the idea that it sucks as a Ace Hardware player to say that I need something like that to moderately contain Zero's attack angles. I feel like a fraud.

Zissou

The fighting games weekly thread discussion about randomness is a real fuckfest. Can't even tell what point the people arguing the game is random are trying to make.

shaowebb

Just played a bunch online. Man so many people wont even play me when they see my connection (i dont even HAVE bars. Its blank). Those that did gave good matches. People are calling in doom and just letting him die out there. This one Nova/Hawkeye/Doom guy fought me 3 seperate times and I never fought his doom because it always died to Arthurs zoning in attempts to just lock down everyone.

Full screen zoning is great but man is it bad to piss off the Hawkeye guys that know what they're doing with him. Holy crap is he fast and can punish. Best thing though is I'm learning to stop mashing L for daggers to go convert when I see Rising Fang connect now on reflex. The meter gain and zoning is great, but Arthur's combos are legit and if I got a wallbounce then screw letting it rock at full screen. Time to convert. Before I was letting a lot slip by due to "oh god throw more stuff!" mentality that comes with learning the lil guy.

Definitely thinking I should put Taskmaster on point and Arthur at Anchor though. Regular daggers work good enough for Iron Fist to make him good to go (even though armored daggers are WAY better for him) and Tasky isn't nearly as good at anchor. Karsticles you were right that Taskmaster +rising fang is better than Arthur with it. Longer conversions on combos and his overall projectile speed makes it harder to be punished at the start of the match compared to Arthur who struggles. Maybe go Task/Arthur/Iron Fist and go for either alpha counters or just plain armor up and raw tag if I can get someone in a situation where they are too far to punish it or too dead to do anything about it as they wait for their next guy. Don't want Iron Fist ever at anchor but if I can do this to have tasky first and still get armored daggers for fist as well I will.

Lost a lot due to hawkeye with Jam Session teams tonight. Iron Fist is needing more options, but getting them to the corner is getting better. I'm using Wall of K'un Lun now out of rekkas because if I call daggers and start canceling into it the move is safe and unlike doing rekka cancels into rising fang there is no risk of me ending up cornering myself by jumping my opponent. One dude hadn't even seen the move before and messaged me lol. Yeah he's got two wall bouncies. Plus this one has super armor frames 5-17 and causes a hard knockdown. If it connects I get to corner you and convert with a combo from the knockdown instead of with a combo from the air. Bigger damage and since I'm not trying to nullify projectiles when I do this point blank it only makes sense. Don't throw it raw without assist lockdown though...wall of Kun lun is like -22 if guarded. Be great to see if this move and x-23 could get an unblockable hard knockdown someday. For the record it only ever hit once and the dude had xfactored himself right into daggers and wall of Kun lun thinking after 2 rekkas I'd quit. If anyone's got an idea for this move I'd love it. Suggest anything. I'm already wondering if arthur's fire bottle with the move could setup something harsh. If it would I'd sacrifice Arthur assist to get in and use Tasky for it just so I could have a way to open the up with Fist on this team. Its all blockstrings, dash under crossups on jumpers wtih assists, high/lows, and corner pressure so far. Something less obvious would be great.

Anyhow thats it. Lost more than I won due to trying to handle Hawkeye with a slower dude, but ate Doom alive and came up with some better stuff to corner folks alongside of learning to capitalize on that wallbounce more on reaction. Good times.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sometimes when I do a hyper, the background turns all blue and stuff. Really random. GJ Niitsuma.

Definitely a blow up, that conversation is no longer worth participation if people are creating their own definitions for random.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom