• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2O9iDPP8Dk :D, love this guy's UMvC3 8 bit remixes...this new one he uploaded, definitely new ringtone for me~
Swag. Checked his channel and found this.

Manly Bit theme

MANLY PIXEL TIME!!!!!
Sj5p3.png

Maybe they should make it so the volley is 2/3rds less (so 2 missiles out of 6) if he's touched? Only reason I'm thinking about this is that Doom stays out for a long ass time after missiles are called.

I think if they made the missiles disappear if he got hit, they would have to make some other changes to him i.e. what you described, or make him appear a little further back, or make him not stay on screen as long.

It can be pretty difficult to keep him completely safe. Since he's my mid, he usually comes in with a fair amount of lost red health if I'm not really careful.

If the missiles disappeared when he got hit, it would effectively make the assist useless for a lot of teams. I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't mind that though, heh.

Tirael

Get rid of it entirely. An assist that good really hurts game balance and leads to way too many teams with Doom on them. Just keep it as a point-only move and replace it with Photon Shot or something.

That would be a game-changer. And I approve. He already has an amazing assist with Plasma Beam, so hey.

No, then you nerf keepaway in general. Also why not get rid of Vajira/all other great projectile assists/jam session/ and tatsu?

Those things I named are just as stupid as HM. Nerf it where if you hit him before he launches missiles they disappear, and the missiles already launch stay on the screen. Or cut the missiles in half and cut his time in half and make them totally disappear if they are hit.

Get rid of it entirely. An assist that good really hurts game balance and leads to way too many teams with Doom on them. Just keep it as a point-only move and replace it with Photon Shot or something.

that's fucking corny bro. why not remove anything good at all? such a slippery slope.

I being the mad scientist, on the other hand, want custom assists.

shaowebb

Yeah Q kind of played Arthur/Shuma/Tasky or some sort of combination of those and Sentinel long before this Morrigan stuff. I think its not a new way to play but an unpopular one to go full on Zoning lockdown until Chris G went full AV with Morrigan/Doom.

Hipster Q had a troll team before it was popular.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yeah Q kind of played Arthur/Shuma/Tasky or some sort of combination of those and Sentinel long before this Morrigan stuff. I think its not a new way to play but an unpopular one to go full on Zoning lockdown until Chris G went full AV with Morrigan/Doom.

Hipster Q had a troll team before it was popular.

I wasn't even thinking of that, I was more referring to that one morigan tron x-23 player back in mvc3 and dieminion as well.

Custom assist.... I'd totally take doom finger lasers then.

Felicia command grab

Arthur Scythe

Haggar triple punch chain

Azure J

I wasn't even thinking of that, I was more referring to that one morigan tron x-23 player back in mvc3 and dieminion as well.

Clakey D!

I knew there was someone doing the Morrigan stuff early on in MVC3, but it wasn't until you mentioned his team that I remembered the name.

Re: Getting Rid of Missiles Assist

Are you guys serious? D:

Bad enough there aren't anywhere near enough air control assists in this game, what about the zoners? Won't someone please think of the zoners?

I think if they made the missiles disappear if he got hit, they would have to make some other changes to him i.e. what you described, or make him appear a little further back, or make him not stay on screen as long.

It can be pretty difficult to keep him completely safe. Since he's my mid, he usually comes in with a fair amount of lost red health if I'm not really careful.

If the missiles disappeared when he got hit, it would effectively make the assist useless for a lot of teams. I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't mind that though, heh.

Having the missiles go away doesn't stop people from using Sentinel for the same reasons.

JeTmAn81

No, then you nerf keepaway in general. Also why not get rid of Vajira/all other great projectile assists/jam session/ and tatsu?

Those things I named are just as stupid as HM. Nerf it where if you hit him before he launches missiles they disappear, and the missiles already launch stay on the screen. Or cut the missiles in half and cut his time in half and make them totally disappear if they are hit.

I wouldn't be against nerfing anything which tracks, which is basically missiles and vajra. A nerf to keepaway entirely is fine with me as well since missiles makes it overpowered. Getting rid of something thats overpowered is not the same as getting rid of anything good. Or do you think this game would be better if it still had Wolverine's invincible Berserker Slash?

I disagree that any other assist even approaches it in value. What other assist tracks, hits multiple times, OTG's, provides lockdown and regularly serves as a combo breaker?

Frantic

Dante (Twister-Tempest aka "fuck yo' zoning" or Million Carats)/Amaterasu (Cold Shots M)/Strider (Formation B Shot/Vajira) would be trolltastic for me.
Bro, the ultimate dumb assists for Dante would be Fireworks and Beehive. Fireworks fires like 25 projectiles that each have 5 low durability points, making the assist have like 125 low durability points in total, all while providing a shit ton of lockdown and full screen coverage. Beehive would basically be Chun-Li's kicks assist with the added bonus of ending with an overhead. If someone blocks it, it's a free unblockable.

Other good assists would be Stinger(incredibly far ranged attack that causes a lot of hitsun and destroys low and medium durability projectiles), Reverb Shock(would be similar to Tatsu and Shopping Cart), Acid Rain(very defensive assist, and one of the best assists on incoming for the setups you could get off it), and Grapple(for resets ala Spencer's slant shot). Any of his moves would probably be really good assists(except maybe Jet Stream).

Azure J

If we're including command grab likes in the mix:

Dante (Acid Rain)/Amaterasu (Solar Flare L)/Strider (Vajira)
Dante (Hysterics)/Felicia (Rolling Buckler)/Phoenix (TK Trap L or M)
Morrigan (Soul Drain)/Dante (Acid Rain)/Amaterasu (Cold Shots M)

Oh my God, the possibilities. :Q___

Bro, the ultimate dumb assists for Dante would be Fireworks and Beehive. Fireworks fires like 25 projectiles that each have 5 low durability points, making the assist have like 125 low durability points in total, all while providing a shit ton of lockdown and full screen coverage. Beehive would basically be Chun-Li's kicks assist with the added bonus of ending with an overhead. If someone blocks it, it's a free unblockable.

Other good assists would be Stinger(incredibly far ranged attack that causes a lot of hitsun and destroys low and medium durability projectiles), Reverb Shock(would be similar to Tatsu and Shopping Cart), Acid Rain(very defensive assist, and one of the best assists on incoming for the setups you could get off it), and Grapple(for resets ala Spencer's slant shot). Any of his moves would probably be really good assists(except maybe Jet Stream).

You have no idea how close I was to suggesting Reverb Shock but I just couldn't put together a team of my favorites that would take advantage of it well enough. At the same time, I know you loved the idea of Hysterics as an assist. Hold these Hidden Missiles.

Kappa

Edit: Crazy Dance assist. Stand anywhere near Dante when the flash occurs and the animation takes place. Same properties as on point (i.e. always makes them tech standing). Recovers as fast as Dark Harmonizer if no catch is made.

Dumbest assist or dumbest assist?

Fanatiq talking about his EVO strategy. Says he will be using infinites for sure. Gameplan is get the first hit with Magneto, kill first character with Tempest -> Hail storm DHC. Mix up incoming character -> TAC infinite to kill.

http://www.twitch.tv/fgtvlive

You know, that's not really a big difference from the old strategy. Most people already went with DHC 1st -> reset 2nd -> DHC/x-factor 3rd.

Fanatiq's strategy was DHC 1st(x-factor on throw)/x-factor 2nd(DHC if x-factor was 1st)/DHC 3rd

So the only real difference is that he's trading using x-factor for a reset. I dunno. I really liked his original strategy of 3 hits = 3 kills. The real big advantage is that this opens him up to punish assists more with EMD xx Shockwave DHC Hail Storm. I'm sure he'll still use normal resets, though.

that feel

lol nice pun

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm #TeamSephi too but it is indeed semantics at this point.

I want Viscant to win EVO so frauds like me can bow before the King is Frauds once more.

Keepaway is not overpowered. Not at all. Yeah lets look at Vajira. Hard knockdown, overhead, tracking, AA, lockdown, mix up. So yeah Vajira is just as stupid. Jam session- combo extender, lockdown, AA, and can be used to combo off of an OTG.

I would rather buff other assists to give us a better foundation. And to make other characters more valuable to teams.

Azure J

I would rather buff other assists to give us a better foundation. And to make other characters more valuable to teams.

Or they could just make this shit Koryu already with a custom assist option. ;)

For real though, let's play a game Marvel-GAF, pick your team or optimal team if a custom assist function existed and let's see who would have the most awesome setup.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Or they could just make this shit Koryu already with a custom assist option. ;)

For real though, let's play a game Marvel-GAF, pick your team or optimal team if a custom assist function existed and let's see who would have the most awesome setup.

Incoming every team with dante's fucking hookshot

Having the missiles go away doesn't stop people from using Sentinel for the same reasons.

True, but I think the drones guard Sentinel pretty well. Doom comes out and stands there wide open, so it's up to the player to keep him covered. If the drones get going, the player can usually start to rushdown immediately and not worry worry about Sentinel.

I wouldn't be against nerfing anything which tracks, which is basically missiles and vajra. A nerf to keepaway entirely is fine with me as well since missiles makes it overpowered. Getting rid of something thats overpowered is not the same as getting rid of anything good. Or do you think this game would be better if it still had Wolverine's invincible Berserker Slash?

I disagree that any other assist even approaches it in value. What other assist tracks, hits multiple times, OTG's, provides lockdown and regularly serves as a combo breaker?

To me, the value of missiles is a very match-up dependent thing. It's really strong against some teams, other teams not so much. It's really susceptible to quick beam hypers, for example.

Another example, one of the guys I play with regularly uses Spencer/Nova/Taskmaster. If he has two meters when I call Doom, he can bionic arm through whatever I'm doing, catch Doom, DHC into Nova's burst hyper (whatever it's called) and now Doom is almost dead (or fully dead if he was already hit a couple times). This makes missiles almost worthless to me in this match-up because there's really nothing I can do to stop that bionic arm.

Although part of me has to laugh a little because several of you guys are all talking about how great/OP missiles and vajra are, and I use both on my team...now I feel bad.

Solune

I would be ok with this.
I would be too actually, But the number of missiles has already been lowered, I guess a bigger nerf would be if they were affected by HSD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2O9iDPP8Dk :D, love this guy's UMvC3 8 bit remixes...this new one he uploaded, definitely new ringtone for me~
Awesome, I wish it was the Vanilla version though. Shit is crack. Indestructible crack.
I wouldn't be denying that Missiles is one of the best assists in the game but I don't think that means it requires removal. And if I recall, Only 1 repeat character was in top 16 at CEO right?
that's fucking corny bro. why not remove anything good at all? such a slippery slope.

I being the mad scientist, on the other hand, want custom assists.

Custom assists would be godlike.

You know if they do put out balance changes in the next patch *they wont most likely lol* It would be nice if shuma somehow got a way to get in faster airdash or what ever. Being able to do stuff like this more constantly would be nice -.-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQDR6zNvzjI&feature=player_embedded

:( poor shuma
THIS IS WHAT I LIKE TO SEE FROM MARVEL.
Although part of me has to laugh a little because several of you guys are all talking about how great/OP missiles and vajra are, and I use both on my team...now I feel bad.

Eh don't. People get hung over stuff all the time, Dark JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAN is still one of the stupidest things in the game. For a couple of months flavor of distaste was Wesker, the new heel is Vergil.

Dahbomb is technically correct -- the best kind of correct. <3 futurama. Terrible way to win a bet :lol.

Change a couple numbers on certain Astro Boys and MILFs maximum special scaling while you're under the hood, Niitsuma.

If they're hellbent on fixing missiles, make em disappear on hit. Will still let it do it's thing exceptionally well, but will require somewhat more deft use. Its already out for a while, it's just great by people who can cover it so you can't hit it anyway.

True, but I think the drones guard Sentinel pretty well. Doom comes out and stands there wide open, so it's up to the player to keep him covered. If the drones get going, the player can usually start to rushdown immediately and not worry worry about Sentinel.

Heaven forbid people actually having to start protecting their assists!

Heaven forbid people actually having to start protecting their assists!

Heh, I'm not saying they shouldn't have to, but it is very easy to catch Doom compared to Sentinel. Not necessarily with a full combo (as the player should push block their opponent), but with a single hit. If missiles disappeared when he got hit, it would hardly be worth putting on many teams. They would still have plasma beam if they wanted though. Not trying to say missiles isn't great (it is) but I think there are other ways they could nerf it.

I honestly think Sentinel has the better assist between him and Doom missiles, so I'm not too surprised that he loses his drones if he gets hit.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Custom assists in this game? You people are mad. lol. There would be infinitely more bitching than even with this new TAC situation. It will be like Skullgirls times one million.

"Omg, why does Magneto have attraction assist. I get crossed up all of the time."
"Why does Dante have Fireworks assist?"
"Round trip is always on the screen :("

...Ad nauseam.

And the kicker? Fireworks OTGs. I now want this as an assist. Badly.

Dahbomb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooUGTrMBGpo&feature=g-all-u <-- latest CC live episode

A lot of talk about the infinite plus the Japanese players that are coming to Marvel.

By the way the player breaking it down is Olaf, the red She Hulk player from Vanilla. He was the guy that Richard styled on at EVO with pixel health Dante.

And yeah Dante with customizable assist would be pretty broke. Hell, even give me Vergil's Lunar Phase as an assist and it would be godlike.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
If it were custom assists like in Skullgirls', there are limitations in place- grounded, single button attacks. So, no Fireworks.

Jeebus, custom assists would be so broken in this game.

Solune

Indeed
Custom assists in this game? You people are mad. lol. There would be infinitely more bitching than even with this new TAC situation. It will be like Skullgirls times one million.

"Omg, why does Magneto have attraction assist. I get crossed up all of the time."
"Why does Dante have Fireworks assist?"
"Round trip is always on the screen :("

...Ad nauseam.

You know, you're only making the prospect more awesome. You should also be able to select which (non-cinematic) super is used when THCing. Round Trip Assist fuck awesome.

Azure J

I would never play a game with a Round Trip like assist in it, fuck that noise. Same for a Buster Lvl.3 like. There are some things that are just too absurd for regular assist purposes.

Limitations
* Grounded moves only
* Can add extra button inputs (if Rolling Buckler ~ Slide can do it, why not others)
* No command grabs (Just for following in the MVC3 mold, if this were just theory desgining, they'd definitely be in)

Toski

Heh, I'm not saying they shouldn't have to, but it is very easy to catch Doom compared to Sentinel. Not necessarily with a full combo (as the player should push block their opponent), but with a single hit. If missiles disappeared when he got hit, it would hardly be worth putting on many teams. They would still have plasma beam if they wanted though. Not trying to say missiles isn't great (it is) but I think there are other ways they could nerf it.

I honestly think Sentinel has the better assist between him and Doom missiles, so I'm not too surprised that he loses his drones if he gets hit.
Nah, missiles are almost brain dead in their implementation. Sentinel is a bigger target than Doom and the non-bomb drones go away when he gets hit. Nova's javelin goes away when he gets hit but Doom's missiles are there to break combos when he gets hit whether as an assist or on point.

BiggNife

I am pretty sure there is literally no way a patch could come out before EVO because of how XBL and PSN handle patches.

Remember, it took a month for a Rolento fix for SFxT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom