• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys.....

Say no to invincible assists. At least until they fix the whole assists are active if the point character is hit or you can call assists during tech rolls.
Indeed.

Riddle me this: Tron needs what kind of assists to be effective in this game?
Her Boulder Toss is pretty good. It's different from the point version.

Invincible or hard knockdown assists should not exist.

Combo breakers are dumb, and people should have to have a better response time than 2 seconds for conversions.
Indeed!

I never want Vajra to be nerfed. That's one thing that I really think can keep Zero in check. So many characters have a hard time smacking him out of the air otherwise.
Nerf both.

Why is it always about nerfing instead of buffing?
I want lots of buffs. I also want some nerfs. I actually want buffs to all 3 of my characters. I'd list it all out, but it's not like anyone here can change it anyway. I did Firebrand previously.
I even want some buffs to Wesker, like Rhino Charge being useful again.

We want buffs more than nerfs TBH. Just some things do need to be fixed. Zero is one of those things. As is HM(a smart fix, not one that kills it), Viper(she with Vajira is one of the most stupid things in the game), Vajira.

FSLink

Banned
Hmm, Tron/Dante/Sent? Team Health? Mildly intrigued by this now.

Yeah, that'd be a decent Tron team, though drones can also extend Trons combos and you wouldn't need Dante's Jam Session unless you used drones to hit confirm in the combo. Guess it's useful to have both though, and Tron + Drones works out really well. Pretty sure Tron can hit confirm off of Dante's Jam Session or any drone hit easily with jH / jS too.

Plus once Tron's down, thanks to her health, you'd likely have a decent amount of meter and Dante + Sentinel left, not too bad.

Also buff Wesker's normal counter moves to be more useful. Nerf glasses mechanic and make his bnbs a bit harder (I dunno, make the OTG gunshot cM a tighter link like it used to be?)

shaowebb

Make wall of Kun Lun jump cancelable and both it and Rising Fang do-able WITHOUT a 2 rekka pre-requisite. Its nice that I can delay into either slightly as it baits out folks to hit a button thinking I've borked my input or that I've ran out of steam, but lets be honest here its barely usable. Thats why Wall of Kun Lun could use jump cancelable status, but to be honest if they got freed from the two rekka pre-requisite leave it punishable. No one should have a move that safe thats so deadly at all times. As is though with no canceling it AND a two rekka pre-requisite its useless.

If Iron Fist had Rising fang open to him at all times he could block your stuff and then cut the screen off to go inside with a lockdown assist. Better still he could use it on scouted jumps or to get away from teleport mixup attempts. Wall of Kun lun is stupidly worthless on its own since it takes 2 rekkas to get it out. Why have a move with super armor that induces a wall bounce and hardknockdown if its only doable in the middle of a combo. THAT should be your lead in move to punish stuff like his very own Hulk H. Its not like it has any range. Plus if you're too far away from the corner you can't convert it so its not like its broken unless you got a top tier OTG assist timed out to do the Wall, dash up and assist pop them up into full conversion.

His best two moves have a two rekka startup and it cuts off his options. Its not like he has any mixups and both are highly punishable on block. Hell rising fang can get you hypered. Just give these up already. I know Rising Fang would be his biggest game changer as it shuts down the skies and gains him a way inside, but I could easily see Wall of Kun lun as an incredible get off me move to deal with stuff. Failing this at least give him a damned airdash so we can get behind folks off of assist lockdowns. Either would work, but I want those two rekkas freed up more than an airdash.

My total BS dream is that as much as I like the thought of crumple assists I'd gladly toss that assist for Wall of Kun Lun. Armored wallbounce hard knockdown though is more than a little busted as an assist, but geez could you imagine the garbage you could do with that at your beck and call for a get off me. That my biggest candidate for most BS assist possible if we could custom assist.

shaowebb

Make Iron fists S hit normally and BAM, TOP TIER!!!

Not in the least. He'd still have zero mixups.

Speaking of which I got an idea. Yo Q! If you got someone in blockstring in the corner can use firebottle assist from Arthur and get it to hit behind them given the angle he tosses it from? Either armored or normal bottle ...doesn't matter. If so I can try to corner someone with Iron Fist and start a blockstring then get Arthur's bottle tossed over their head to create a low that hits from behind for an unblockable.

If this works I'm changing assists immediately and living with Taskmaster H.shot for my approach. I'd rather have a mixup like this than dagger coverage if it would work. Its only chance is likely in the corner because otherwise Iron Fist would push them too far.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:
On an unrelated note earlier one of the guys I did manage to beat was running a Phoenix Wright team. The thing was I only killed him due to Taskmaster getting lucky and getting an OCV. He threw out drones and an objection at the same time hoping to catch me and I arrow/xfactor arrow got them. After that I just managed to squeak past using xfactor and tasky to get through. Xfactor happy birthday was not a legit win...

He ran a team of Sentinel/Phoenix Wright/Nova/After looking online I found a vid of some of what he did and after seeing the rest of what he COULD have done I feel like I got off reaaaaally lucky.
Phoenix Wright synergy

Finding out that Maya shield plus drone assist is a fair answer to teleporters messing with evidence draws AND to anyone killing Sent assist is really cool and the amount of time Sent buys Phoenix off HSF to search is really crazy. Nova barrier is also really good backup here and it bought the guy I played a bigger safe zone as he was sort of in between both during evidence fishing. I couldn't hurt Sent once Phoenix was in. Maya shield kept him safe long enough to pop and get out. Dude killed Arthur and Iron Fist free.

smurfx

get some go again
i've gotten some random friend request lately and i'm wondering if its from lurking gaf members or just visitors. if you are then please send a message telling me you are from here and i'll accept. otherwise i probably won't accept unless i know you from xbox live.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Not in the least. He'd still have zero mixups.

Speaking of which I got an idea. Yo Q! If you got someone in blockstring in the corner can use firebottle assist from Arthur and get it to hit behind them given the angle he tosses it from? Either armored or normal bottle ...doesn't matter. If so I can try to corner someone with Iron Fist and start a blockstring then get Arthur's bottle tossed over their head to create a low that hits from behind for an unblockable.

I'm not positive about this, but I don't think firebottle hits low. I think it just OTGs. Hitting from behind wouldn't matter or set up an unblockable.

Bizazedo

I know it's early, but leaving for my vacation tomorrow and dunno how often I'll hit this place. Is Everyone staying in Caesars at Evo from this thread?

I don't blend very well, but to me, you're all just bi-peds, so it'd be nice to have an idea how to find people.

Tobe

Man I wish i could connect my consoles to the internet here. I'd be begging Seph for that MODOK experience lol
You Mean that hawaiian lag experience? :lol
I know it's early, but leaving for my vacation tomorrow and dunno how often I'll hit this place. Is Everyone staying in Caesars at Evo from this thread?

I don't blend very well, but to me, you're all just bi-peds, so it'd be nice to have an idea how to find people.
good luck bro, have fun and go beat the crap out of scrubs at evo. Go gaf go.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Good luck at EVO Biz. We'll be rooting for you just like we have at The Break.

GAF FOR EVO

Bizazedo

lol, thanks, but my team doesn't have enough bullshit to realistically get there without running into a Morrigan team :).

Root for my bud Kinderparty to shake things up with the Arthur, though, and I'll pretend it's for me haha.

So... you're NOT a biped?

shaowebb

I'm not positive about this, but I don't think firebottle hits low. I think it just OTGs. Hitting from behind wouldn't matter or set up an unblockable.

You're right. I wasn't expecting an OTG not to be low here. Plus it seems to be breaking on people and it won't go behind them. Though point blank with Dark Arthur seems to be good with the bottle it doesn't net me what I was after which is either a high/low, or more importantly a move that hits from behindin the corner. I was REALLY hoping to get the bottle behind them because that would've meant in the corner during all the pressure I could mix them up during blockstrings for some dirty stuff. Given corner games is most of what Iron Fist has this would've been ridiculously good. Theres no assist that can used like that though is there?

Chavelo

I will be staying at the MGM hotel with a friend of mine. Send me a PM with your contact info or something? Email address if you have a smartphone.

God's Beard: You still doing the get together for Fighting-GAF at EVO, right?

By strict definition, yes, but since the legs don't really work, it's just become a running gag around where I live to cast aspersions / hatred on "bi-peds" as I roll by.

Ah... Makes a lot of sense now. Well good luck at Evo!! I just realized I made plans for that Saturday so I'm going to miss a good chunk of it that night :/

But I'm so excited for all the GAFfers going! GL TO ALL!

Solune

Everyone wants buffs. Did you SEE my Iron Man buff list? My one for Iron Fist and Ghost Rider is even bigger.

The actual number of nerfs requested is pretty low for the game.

I've seen alot of lists! The only thing I'm saying is, when something's good, real good, there's always this fascination with bringing it down to a moderate level. I'm not in favor of that, see Doom missiles discussion.

When you don't let things rock, you get MvC3 Sentinel. That's my take on it. The funny thing is I rarely see asking him to be rebuffed(I don't visit SRK or anything) because he's still a good character but takes alot of work to use on point.

See the people asking for Wesker and Morrigan nerfs, Wesker's been figured out, still a strong character and whining has kind of cascaded and Morrigan taking up the mantle. I can't imagine what Morrigan would be like if she had AV nerfed, if anything I think AV should persist after switching.

--

Unrelated note, Chris should totally have Flamethrower as an assist.

Grecco

Good luck to you at Evo and the rest of Marvel Gaf :)

I've seen alot of lists! The only thing I'm saying is, when something's good, real good, there's always this fascination with bringing it down to a moderate level. I'm not in favor of that, see Doom missiles discussion.

When you don't let things rock, you get MvC3 Sentinel. That's my take on it. The funny thing is I rarely see asking him to be rebuffed(I don't visit SRK or anything) because he's still a good character but takes alot of work to use on point.

See the people asking for Wesker and Morrigan nerfs, Wesker's been figured out, still a strong character and whining has kind of cascaded and Morrigan taking up the mantle. I can't imagine what Morrigan would be like if she had AV nerfed, if anything I think AV should persist after switching.

--

807720-20920920cirno20touhou20e291a81.jpg

Tirael

Also buff Wesker's normal counter moves to be more useful.

How are they not useful now? They immediately teleport him in for a counter, and they come off fast enough that if you throw one out by mistake, it's not a huge deal.

Plus it seems to be breaking on people and it won't go behind them. Though point blank with Dark Arthur seems to be good with the bottle it doesn't net me what I was after which is either a high/low, or more importantly a move that hits from behindin the corner. I was REALLY hoping to get the bottle behind them because that would've meant in the corner during all the pressure I could mix them up during blockstrings for some dirty stuff. Given corner games is most of what Iron Fist has this would've been ridiculously good. Theres no assist that can used like that though is there?

Just for the sake of knowing, try armored fire bottle. It doesn't break when it hits them.

--

There's good, and then there's "this is so good that it wouldn't really be possible to bring other characters to this level because it's so good". Why choose Tron Bonne when you can play a teleporter with a 1-frame command throw that leads into full combos. What could you even GIVE Tron to make her a worthwhile pick over such a character?

That's the perspective I come at it from. Hidden Missiles isn't too bad, but if it stays the way it is then a lot of other assists (basically the whole game) needs to be brought to its level. Can you think of how to bring the other 49 characters to Hidden Missiles levels of power? I can't. It makes more sense to just drop HM down a bit.

I don't look at whether a character is "too good", just whether an aspect of the character is. So if Doom gets Hidden Missiles nerfed, I'm fine with Doom getting buffs elsewhere. I'm not upset with the character, just Hidden Missiles.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Why does hidden missiles assist stay out when Doom gets hit but the drones don't when Sentinel gets hit?
This is a gross inconsistency that spreads across the cast and has always bothered me. I figured it is how it is because it's an extra layer they can use for balance, but it just ends up being stupid and in most people's opinions contributions to inbalance.

But this really bothers me enough. I feel this would be a good enough nerf to keep Hidden Missiles in check.

This is a gross inconsistency that spreads across the cast and has always bothered me. I figured it is how it is because it's an extra layer they can use for balance, but it just ends up being stupid and in most people's opinions contributions to inbalance.

But this really bothers me enough. I feel this would be a good enough nerf to keep Hidden Missiles in check.
My hunch is that making the missiles disappear if Doom gets hit is asking too much. That's a long time to cover an assist, and you're basically guaranteeing that the only characters who will be able to use it at all are teleporters. Sentinel Force goes away if Sentinel gets hit, but Sentinel Force also has a screen presence very quickly. If you do Sentinel Force + EMD at the same time, Sentinel Force is pretty much out there and protecting itself. Not so with Hidden Missiles.

I think it's more reasonable to give Hidden Missiles a longer startup time. My problem with the assist isn't its persistence, but that it's almost impossible to hit Doom before he gets at least 1 missile off. So, I suggest that Doom does a little taunt (he's Doom!) before it goes off. This means you have to protect the assist, but it's still really good.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
My hunch is that making the missiles disappear if Doom gets hit is asking too much. That's a long time to cover an assist, and you're basically guaranteeing that the only characters who will be able to use it at all are teleporters. Sentinel Force goes away if Sentinel gets hit, but Sentinel Force also has a screen presence very quickly. If you do Sentinel Force + EMD at the same time, Sentinel Force is pretty much out there and protecting itself. Not so with Hidden Missiles.

I think it's more reasonable to give Hidden Missiles a longer startup time. My problem with the assist isn't its persistence, but that it's almost impossible to hit Doom before he gets at least 1 missile off. So, I suggest that Doom does a little taunt (he's Doom!) before it goes off. This means you have to protect the assist, but it's still really good.
I can dig this, indeed it is a lot of time to protect an assist and that sounds like a more reasonably solution. I just feel it helps fight MorriDoom a lot if they go away immediately, but this could work too.

Tobe

Spiral is a better Morrigan.

now if vergil could summon sword like spiral did :p

What is Trish supposed to do with Vajra?
now that is the problem, viper can play decent to at least good with those assists, but trish with just vajra could zone, she cant do anything besides super. i guess if you get the lead with viper trish with vajra would become annoying. im still looking around other good assist with decent rush for vper/trish duo.

now that is the problem, viper can play decent to at least good with those assists, but trish with just vajra could zone, she cant do anything besides super. i guess if you get the lead with viper trish with vajra would become annoying. im still looking around other good assist with decent rush for vper/trish duo.
I think Trish should be on point, also. She's not very good at making a comeback, but she is very good at getting you a lead.

I would run:
Trish (Low Voltage)
C. Viper (Seismo)
Amaterasu (Cold Stars)

Trish and C. Viper both love the pinning assist, and you should be able to do this after a Trish knockdown:
Round Harvest -> Raw Tag Viper -> Cold Stars + Level 3 Focus Attack

If they raw tag against Round Harvest, C. Viper should be able to bring them back down with her flame kick.

I think you want to approach with Trish by jumping backwards, air dashing up, entering flight, air dashing toward your opponent, and calling Cold Stars while you dive kick from superjump height. Very safe and you get to mix-up afterwards and then go back to turtling. Build meter so you can do lots of EX attacks with C. Viper to win the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom