• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love too! I have never seen anyone online when I am. C'mon Marvel GAF!

Ryu: Challange Me!

I am jumping on PSN NOW! Just message me.

Just randomly participated in a local 32 man tourney last night and got second place. Feels good man. People who don't play against a compentent Wright have no idea what to do because they have zero experience against him. I was really shocked I made it that far considering the competition. I lost to a guy who played an amazing Morrigan, Dorm and X-23. More people should anchor X-23. In X-Factor almost every move she has is safe coupled with an easy unblockable lvl3 makes her one devastating opponent.

Karst this guy was doing this crazy Dorm combo. I can't remember it exactly but it was something like...

Hit confirm to B&B and end with a dark hole > OTG assist with X23 during dark hole hit stun > purification > one of the spike liberation moves > Bomb Hyper > Teleport above as Bomb Hyper ends > Air S > Purification > Chaotic Flame

I know thats not 100% correct but that was the general flow of the combo. It did like 85% damage to Hulk only using two meters. Shit was crazy.
Hmm, that definitely doesn't sound right but I'm curious. If you can get the inputs from him, let me know.

Dahbomb

FGTV live is now. Zak is probably still sleeping due to jet lag.

Yipes and MarlinPie will be entering the Hyperbolic Time chamber on Monday!

Also Japanese players on the way.

OOOOOOH Vergil tech...

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
GGs Slasher!

Interesting team. Hulk and PW definitely seem to go together. Your team has a ton of unblockables which I like.

GGs Beef!

I friggin had you when I was reverse ocving your team with Akuma. I got the overhead on Arthur but I was too far to continue the combo :(

Hmm, that definitely doesn't sound right but I'm curious. If you can get the inputs from him, let me know.

Maybe he has move names mixed up? That sounds really impossible. Maybe if Ankle Slicer keeps them low during purification its something like Purification + A2(Ankle Slicer), Liberation, Dark Matter xx Dark Hole xx Stalking Flare, teleport jS, Purification?

Actually, you know what? Maybe he ends the combo with H xx Dark Matter + A2(ankle slicer) xx Dark Hole, Purification? Wait, but then the rest doesn't make sense...

smurfx

get some go again
Does it work for anchor Haggar? :-D
hmm might be a little hard to pull off without an assist. this is also a corner reset. this isn't a brand new reset but a variation of something i've seen but its nice to have different resets to keep people guessing.

FSLink

Banned
Maybe he has move names mixed up? That sounds really impossible. Maybe if Ankle Slicer keeps them low during purification its something like Purification + A2(Ankle Slicer), Liberation, Dark Matter xx Dark Hole xx Stalking Flare, teleport jS, Purification?

Actually, you know what? Maybe he ends the combo with H xx Dark Matter + A2(ankle slicer) xx Dark Hole, Purification? Wait, but then the rest doesn't make sense...

I read it as bnb->dark hole + A2 (Ankle Slicer)->purification->INFERNO->Stalking Flare->Teleport as flare ends and Air S->Purification->Chaotic Flame.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Arthur. It WAS Raccoon.

Don't Arthur Daggers and Frank Shopping Cart do the same thing? Like have the same purpose.

Your Arthur was fine. You just got hit with things you probably shouldn't have. Like there was a Gamma Tsunami Slasher threw out, that I knew he was gonna throw out, because if I was in his situation I would have done the same. It was safe. And it hit when you just need to not throw anything. I was like gaah you could have at least survived a little longer.

I think I played every major team I've ever played today, that was fun.

Dahbomb

Not that different from Ryu to be honest but the main difference is his Demon Flip moves and how to use that when jumping around. The most important thing about it is converting air throws into damage using demon flip. The other part is the whole linking Multi Fireballs into Laser beam combo which isn't that hard at all.

I am EXTREMELY positive that Wanda was on the list of possible characters to add. And possibly the top eight. Was just added to the Facebook game. So she is in the MMO, SHS, and the facebook game. Yeah. Highly likely.

I'm in love with Shady K's Magneto combo. 2LMHS, jH adf jH xx Magnetic Blast L, dash S, H adf jH xx flight, jH adf jH adf jH adf jH adf jH addf jH flight cancel, H xx Hyper Grav L

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much easier than my combos.

GGs Panda and Beef

Panda I have never experienced lockdown hell with Hawkeye and Strider. I have no defense against it. I won a couple of times against that team but it was pure luck. Never again. Put me on the nerf Vajra team.

Beef you want a new anchor? Hmm let me think.....how about X-23 maybe? I think Ami would be great choice too. Cold Star would work wonders for Joe Red Hot Kick lockdown / cross ups and Frank dodging to the opposite side.

The Maya super clashing with Franks dash super glitch was pretty cool looking. Never saw that before. I tried to counter Franks super with Maya super at the last split second and Franks super registered as a hit and preceded to do the animation but Maya kept pushing frank to the right side of the screen and in the end Wright was all the way to the left getting hit and frank was all the way to the right whiffing but still doing damage.

Karst I don't know man I get the names of Dorms moves mixed up, the order of them and what not. It was like 2 a.m. and I got three hours of sleep last night. I don't think I could ever remember it exactly lol. I though if I tried to explain it you could piece it together.

Tirael

You can't DHC glitch with anyone.

I remember this being an issue, because technically you can't do the DHC glitch any more, but you can still do something resembling it. Someone (Karst?) mentioned coming up with an alternate name to clarify. My vote goes for "DHC trick". It explains it, it's not a term that's being used, and it even sounds like the original. I dunno if this is something that will stick or whatever, but that's my two cents.

smurfx

get some go again
think i'm going to reset my stats now. nothing to look forward to when you are cosmic. grinding out the ranks is part of the fun.

edit: and its done. time to get cosmic again.

Solune

Are Missiles and Cold Star true blockstrings? I don't think Cold Star is because you can do mixups off of it, but I heard from a theory fighter friend that Missiles is.

The timing between the first bead and the other 7 is indeed not a true blocking string.

ILL Virtue

Neo Member
Ggs solune... Sry for the sloppy play, just got of work and I'm tired. Nice Chris btw. And I can't wait for the inevitable missiles nerf. Missiles plus spencer = godlike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom