• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solune

dat level 3 loop oh my gawd

level3loop.gif

It's important to note here how much meter he gained back after that loop too.

Uh you guys know everyone in that house is downloading him right? I'm sure Zak's doing the same but really, they need more Firebrand exp than Zak needs Vergil exp..
After seeing him get hit by Rapid Slash over and over, I'm not sure I agree with you. Besides, it's not just about Vergil experience, it's about playing against some of the best players in the world. You can't get that in the UK. ;-)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Uh you guys know everyone in that house is downloading him right? I'm sure Zak's doing the same but really, they need more Firebrand exp than Zak needs Vergil exp..

See the thing is you can't do shit about firebrand really once he gets going so it doesn't matter if you download it all it does is download fear into them. Champ said himself. Fuck you got hit? it's over. Meanwhile zack is learning how to fight against the better players with more skill than he is used too which is leveling him up fast. It's a win win for him

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Zak was making adjustments even in his sets with Fanatiq and he's played F.Champ before. Everyone is downloading each other.

He needs Storm experience, desperately. I would say he's okay against Mags. Armhouse has some decent Magnetos. None of them play like Fanatiq's though. Zak probably needs Viper experience the most. I can see him getting blown all the way the fuck up, against someone like MarlinPie or DrewGrimey.

Azure J

Anyone up for some Amaterasu HHHHHHHHH action?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVdpmnhjeac

The best part was a post on SRK about the initial discovery:

...I'm at a loss here.

All of us on the Ammy board, including MarlinPie himself, said that she didn't have a TAC infinite. If she did, it was impractical. We were thinking fancy weapon changes and the like. 1 frame links we said.

IT'S MHH. MOTHER-FUCKING MHH. THAT'S IT.

WE WERE TOO SMART TO SEE IT.

I DON'T WANT TO LIVE ON THIS PLANET ANYMORE.

It's just nice to see ammy being played and doing combos like ammy should be :p

Hmm, learning weapon swap combos on a 360 pad using the control stick...

Challenge accepted.

dat level 3 loop oh my gawd

level3loop.gif

I swear this game gets closer to becoming Smash Bros. every other time I see it. :lol

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
See the thing is you can't do shit about firebrand really once he gets going so it doesn't matter if you download it all it does is download fear into them. Champ said himself. Fuck you got hit? it's over. Meanwhile zack is learning how to fight against the better players with more skill than he is used too which is leveling him up fast. It's a win win for him

But what if I punch him in the arm while he does it?

Firebrand can't do shit about that.

Boom.

Dahbomb

Zak Bennet does pretty badly against Vergil in general and he needs that EXP.

This is extremely valuable EXP for Zak too, probably more for him than them. The chance of Zak playing Dante, Vergil, Wolverine, Magneto, Doom etc is higher than anyone of them playing Firebrand.

Grecco

Its good experience for everybody.

Having said that isnt Toki and Zak in the same bracket or close? I remember reading that they potentially could face each other

Solune

I just wanted to give a shoutout to Apollo, haven't seen the dude pop into the thread at all but he has the cleanest execution online out of GAF players that I've played lately :lol.

Dartastic

Does anyone have a good link or something to a great Doom guide? I got worked REAL hard this Tuesday, and it inspired me to step up my game. I'm about to put in some serious work to this game to get over my scrubby shit, and I think I'm going to have to learn an actual team.

I'm keeping Ammy; she's the only character I think I'm going to stick with. She'll be in the back spot. Doom I think is good for everyone, and pairs well with my lovable sun goddess. He'll be second, I think. Thinking Virgil, or maybe keeping Nova on point. Need to step up my Nova game though, if I do keep him. HELP ME MAHVEL GAF.

shaowebb

The commentator? That's FChamp, dude.
Yeah, but calling anything over that easily settled is silly in this game however I get why he was saying it because of ...
As for Shao's comment

The best thing about firebrand is that once you are in his sets ups there honestly isn't much you can do about it after. That's all F.Champ ment by the game was already over unless Zak has an execution error.
...this.

Yeah basically what I came away with. His Firebrand is awesome and once his setups get a hit he can run a train on your whole team from that moment on till you're out. However, his Dorm and Ammy are not as good as his Firebrand even though he's good and once Firebrand is out its a very uphill battle for him.

As FChamp said its a very point heavy team in its makeup. If he can keep it toegether and play enough matches with the heavy hitters before EVO I think he could top 16 like they said, but I see the pressure and the marathon itself being enough to net him enough losses at EVO to not make it just as easily. In a year though who knows how harsh it'd be to fight this dude after he tightens up the rest of his team at this level of competitive play if people still haven't practiced the matchup.

My final thoughts on the dude is I want him to win, and I think he is beautiful to watch for how great that Firebrand is, but with dudes packing Vergil at anchor and his other two dudes having it so rough once Firebrand is out I can easily see him running into trouble once a full metered, with xfactor anchor Vergil pops in because that character can run your whole team by himself at high level play.

Guy impresses the hell outta me, but I'm betting folks are gonna wear him down and get his execution to crack at EVO with Vergil pressure and damage.

Azure J

I dunno about saying that his Dorm and Ammy aren't as good as his Firebrand you know. Zak's Firebrand is undeniably the star of his team no doubt, but his Dorm and Amaterasu can hang. The only real problem is his lack of a neutral game assist with greater coverage than Cold Shots from what I've seen.

mr. puppy

Banned
I dunno about saying that his Dorm and Ammy aren't as good as his Firebrand you know. Zak's Firebrand is undeniably the star of his team no doubt, but his Dorm and Amaterasu can hang. The only real problem is his lack of a neutral game assist with greater coverage than Cold Shots from what I've seen.

well he's doing something new that he hadn't really done in the past. he gets dorm's hands going by first calling out a pillar, then use cold star to fill in gaps in time in the zoning game, and then get his movement going.

also, his Ammy wins him as many matches as his firebrand. Guy is probably the best dark ammy player.

I think his Dormammu and Ammy are solid, but they don't compliment each other as well as they could. Dormammu kind of has to hang alone second. Cold Stars is a good assist for him, but it's a better secondary assist, with something else giving him more screen control.

Cold Star is fine along with other assists. But Dorm backed by it by itself is not the best option. Doesn't really enable the neutral for him of zoning or rushdown.

sephi22

I'm loving all this Zak talk. Dudes got the best Ammy combos I've seen. Better than anything I've seen pie or xray do. There's nothing I can say about that firebrand that hasn't already been said.

Also, is it just me or does he look like Joseph Gordon-Lewitt?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Well I was going to say he reminded me of Keanu in Bill and Ted. But I only got to saw him in that little instance after the PR Rog match.

Is there some kind of thing going on between Rog and Champ? Rog is leaving the house?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm loving all this Zak talk. Dudes got the best Ammy combos I've seen. Better than anything I've seen pie or xray do. There's nothing I can say about that firebrand that hasn't already been said.

Also, is it just me or does he look like Joseph Gordon-Lewitt?
Zak Bennett said on the FGTV stream that people say he looks like him a lot, after F.Champ said he looked like someone else.

Grecco

Another 4 hours of marvel with firends another 4 hours of me being hella angry/salty/considering quitting.

Im probably definetly going to have to drop taskmaster if i want to keep using spencer. His assist is just terrible. Its either the assist that sucks or im doing something wrong.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Another 4 hours of marvel with firends another 4 hours of me being hella angry/salty/considering quitting.

Im probably definetly going to have to drop taskmaster if i want to keep using spencer. His assist is just terrible. Its either the assist that sucks or im doing something wrong.

What team have you been using/want to switch to?

Grecco

What team have you been using/want to switch to?

Been using Spencer/Taskmaster/Wesker

Want to ween off "Dark" wesker. Ive been trying to use a Spencer/Task shell but taskmaster arrows just take too much time to be active vs other stuff like Hawkeye quick arrows/em disruptor ect. Makes it harder to get in with Spencer, at least for my fraudulent ass.

FSLink

Banned

Want to ween off "Dark" wesker. Ive been trying to use a Spencer/Task shell but taskmaster arrows just take too much time to be active vs other stuff like Hawkeye quick arrows/em disruptor ect. Makes it harder to get in with Spencer, at least for my fraudulent ass.

I'd suggest if you want to ween off of Dark Wesker, just put him on point. Use Wesker/Taskmaster/Spencer or Wesker/Spencer/Taskmaster. Former might be better if you prefer anchor Spencer.

Use the Spencer/Wesker shell then. Bionic arm punish -> counter for full combo is amazing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oh man, I'm watching the BT Running sets now and it's hilarious.

Them clowning on Viscant's fraudulence in between Viscant explaining his strategies to get around the skill gap vs. a better player is hilarious.

Sets between Yipes/Viscant were not as free as people made them sound.

TAC talk was interesting to hear their perspectives on it all.

I want to see this long set between Viscant and Roachking and know who won at CEO.

sephi22

Sometimes, you have one of those moments when you find an assist character who fills a hole in your team, has great synergy with other characters but has one weakness: he/she is terrible on their own.

I just had that moment with Hsien Ko. My go to Spidey teams have been Spidey/Hawkeye/Doom and Spidey/Strange/Doom and I've used both with moderate success. I prefer the Hawkeye one because if Spidey dies, I can start filling the screen with arrows and missiles. Its a nice contrast between Spidey rushdown and Hawkeye fullscreen chip.

But yesterday I tried out some new teammates for Peter, and eventually I tried out Lei Lei. And man, she has great synergy with spidey. Pendulum and Hidden Missiles assists let me do a maximum of 7 web throws in one combo, pendulum leads to a braindead post-UWT OTG hit confirm, also helps with UWT resets. Both of Lei Lei's hypers are good post max-spider DHCs. In fact, Lei Lei and spiderman have a DHC loop that can be used until the opponent is dead or you're out of meter. I can do 1 million damage with spidey with 1 bar, but I can add in 100k with each bar of meter that I have left.

Unfortunately, hsien ko, even when backed by missiles, is doo doo butter. I'm not a fan of this character, never was. I was indifferent to her. But now I really, really want this character to get buffed. I want her in my main, tourney team, not just in a casual team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom