• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
GGs Panda and Beef

Panda I have never experienced lockdown hell with Hawkeye and Strider. I have no defense against it. I won a couple of times against that team but it was pure luck. Never again. Put me on the nerf Vajra team.
YESSSSS!

Karst I don't know man I get the names of Dorms moves mixed up, the order of them and what not. It was like 2 a.m. and I got three hours of sleep last night. I don't think I could ever remember it exactly lol. I though if I tried to explain it you could piece it together.
If you can remember the whole combo visually...? If not, maybe you'll see him do it again another time.

Dahbomb

Are Missiles and Cold Star true blockstrings? I don't think Cold Star is because you can do mixups off of it, but I heard from a theory fighter friend that Missiles is.
there is a gap in between first and second hit of cold star. Its also the part where players like to go for grabs.

Solune

Ggs solune... Sry for the sloppy play, just got of work and I'm tired. Nice Chris btw. And I can't wait for the inevitable missiles nerf. Missiles plus spencer = godlike
You won more games than me man and I spend more time in training room than most... =/ You have great "unorthodox" teams that i've never faced which was great. Really refreshing even if I got owned. I'm gonna be honest and say I totally underestimated you so props for the beat down.
But between beads 2-8 it is a true blockstring? Just not between 1-2?

That's right

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

iuH87InNOJokM.gif

Just about ready for EVO, been working on my setups. My teams:

Magneto/Sentinel/Raccoon
Wesker/Magneto/Phoenix

Less than a week left!

CMyFw.png

PM me if you're interested in a meetup.

After EVO, I'm changing my teams to:

Magneto/Raccoon/Haggar
Zero/Magneto/Phoenix

smurfx

get some go again
i'm interested in seeing what your haggar looks like. wonder why there is very little haggar use other than me around here. :( btw what is the most popular team character in marvel gaf? taskmaster? i see him in a ton of teams.

Dahbomb

LMAO PRBalrog did a MAD salty pop off after losing to Zak Bennet. Shit was crazy, FChamp had to step in to deal with PRBalrog. Drama ensued, they even had to shut off the mic.

Incoming PRBalrog picks up Firebrand and calls him cheap. Man all the FGTV good stuff happens too late for me, I am usually a sleep while all the good stuff is happening:

http://www.twitch.tv/fgtvlive/b/323129977

Zak vs Rog set starts @ 9:42:00

Dahbomb

I saw his match with FChamp first to five, it was essentially an even match up despite FChamp using his Dorm team. The last match FChamp barely scrounged out with a happy birthday for the win.

Zak Bennet also slowly downloading players the more he plays with them.

actually i would like to see how you use lariat assist too.
Magneto
  • If my opponent Jumps, I can use attraction to pull them into lariat since Attraction finishes during the end of Lariat's startup frames. If it hits, full combo for 700k+, it they block it, I can mash wavedash to do a fake/crossunder/double crossunder then standing jab as they fall out of blockstun for a full combo for 700k+.
  • For resets, I can do any combo, then jump forward jL+A2(lariat) xx down-back airdash, and no matter what direction they tech I get a crossunder or tri-jump opportunity.
  • Of course, I can use it to extend Magneto combos or confirm air hits into hyper grav out of the corner.

Raccoon
  • Lariat is about 3 times the size of Raccoon's hurtbox, so it's unbelievably strong just defending. Raccoon has tons of tools to hit outside of Lariat while being defended so that's cool. He can also do stuff like call lariat then dash under people with rocket skates/crossup teleport and log trap the other direction or set up traps/flame carpets. You can also fake crossup with up-forward rocket skates into downback rocket skates.
  • Lariat lets Raccoon OTG with Spitfire L and continue the combo, which allows a TON of setups with different traps and pushes Raccoon into normal damage ranges.
  • Rock and Roll pops the opponent pretty high, so he gets most of the damage off of Body Press DHCs.

I saw his match with FChamp first to five, it was essentially an even match up despite FChamp using his Dorm team. The last match FChamp barely scrounged out with a happy birthday for the win.

Zak Bennet also slowly downloading players the more he plays with them.

Champ said his biggest weakness is his neutral game, which he's learning by playing Champ and Fanatiq, who have arguably the best neutral games.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
LMAO PRBalrog did a MAD salty pop off after losing to Zak Bennet. Shit was crazy, FChamp had to step in to deal with PRBalrog. Drama ensued, they even had to shut off the mic.

Incoming PRBalrog picks up Firebrand and calls him cheap. Man all the FGTV good stuff happens too late for me, I am usually a sleep while all the good stuff is happening:

Zak's Firebrand is such a joy to see. He has absolute control over it. A lot of the times where he takes the L, it's because of his own execution and not the character.

shaowebb

The logic of the commentator baffles me. Constantly saying people already won a match in marvel? Yeah no way...especially when the other team has Freakin' Dante/Vergil on it. That Firebrand though is some scary stuff. If he gets a clean hit with it he really has the potential to run a train on all 3 of your guys till you die, but its hard when the opponent has attacks flying around and a fast assist to stuff ammy. I'd love to see a Firebrand team make top 32 though. It'd be the wildcard entry for certain that could possibly take top seeds out if it finds an opening.

Sigmaah

LMFAO at PR Rog getting mad and FChamp saying why you getting mad? ahahaha.

After that they start yelling at each other, seemed like they were going to fight LOL.

We need more details on what happened!!!

Actually, not one bit on this. The mmo has her as does the Facebook app. If you overlay the characters present in both games, you get an idea of which popular characters Marvel was pushing for. More appearances means more push. Like Cyke and Colossus both seem to be heavily suggested. Both already confirmed.

shaowebb

Actually, not one bit on this. The mmo has her as does the Facebook app. If you overlay the characters present in both games, you get an idea of which popular characters Marvel was pushing for. More appearances means more push. Like Cyke and Colossus both seem to be heavily suggested. Both already confirmed.

I easily see Cyclops and Colossus as top picks from Marvel. Both are used a lot and Hope is another top seeded mutant choice from all of the exposure she's getting. I doubt we'd see X-Men running a parade on any new picks or rosters though so I wouldn't go expecting a ton of them. I also see from Marvel a bit more importance placed on Silver Surfer lately. He's in Defenders and Secret Avengers and he keeps making appearances elsewhere. Possibly another choice they're leaning towards. Who can really say anything anymore. My guess is we aren't getting a game or cast though. I see it as more than likely just a patch.

Bennet vs. PR Balrog was a good watch. Good to know he finds Dante just as frustrating of a matchup as I do.

His level 3 setup was pretty slick, but man the execution demands there are high. He's perfectly stringing together Firebrand's M fireball with the L input for the helper. That might not sound hard, but believe me it is - the helper is crazy hard to control. It built back two of the three bars for him though, and the damage was about 300K to Dante.

GB, Balrog's drama is at around 10:00 on the video. 9:52:35 if you want to see the match where he does the Firebrand level 3 setup.

But I am using there other games as overlays. Avengers Alliance and the new MMO. SHS has way too many characters to use in the overlay. Has nearly every character made.
Here are the characters who appear in the other games that aren't present in MvC3.

In Avengers Alliance, we have

War Machine
Black Panther
Spider Woman
Scarlet Witch
Cyke
Colossus
Shadowcat
Kurt
F4
Black Widow
Luke Cage
Ms. Marvel
Valkyrie
Daredevil
Black Cat

SHS we have
American Dream
Angel
Ant Man
Beast
Black Cat
Black Panther
Black Widow
Blade
Captain Marvel
Cyke
Colossus
Daredevil
Elektra
Emma
Falcon
Firestar
Gambit
Giant Man
F4
Iceman
Luke Cage
Ms. marvel
Scarlet Witch
Nick Fury
Psylocke
Punisher
Reptil
Rogue
Spider Woman
Sentry
Shadowcat
Silver Surfer
Spider Girl
Spider Woman
Valkyrie
Vision
War Machine
Wasp

The Marvel MMO we have confirmed:
Emma
Cyke
Scarlet Witch
Black Widow
Colossus
Thing
Ms. Marvel
Human Torch
Cable

SO now the ones who appear in the most:

Black Widow
Colossus
Cyke
Scarlet Witch
Thing
Human Torch
Ms. Marvel

Then the ones who follow it:
Cage
Panther
War Machine
Sue Storm
Mr. Fantastic
Valkyrie
Spider Woman
Daredevil
Shadowcat
Nightcrawler

And as the MMO reveals characters, more will be added to the list.

The logic of the commentator baffles me. Constantly saying people already won a match in marvel? Yeah no way...especially when the other team has Freakin' Dante/Vergil on it. That Firebrand though is some scary stuff. If he gets a clean hit with it he really has the potential to run a train on all 3 of your guys till you die, but its hard when the opponent has attacks flying around and a fast assist to stuff ammy. I'd love to see a Firebrand team make top 32 though. It'd be the wildcard entry for certain that could possibly take top seeds out if it finds an opening.

The commentator? That's FChamp, dude.

Bennet vs. PR Balrog was a good watch. Good to know he finds Dante just as frustrating of a matchup as I do.

His level 3 setup was pretty slick, but man the execution demands there are high. He's perfectly stringing together Firebrand's M fireball with the L input for the helper. That might not sound hard, but believe me it is - the helper is crazy hard to control. It built back two of the three bars for him though, and the damage was about 300K to Dante.

GB, Balrog's drama is at around 10:00 on the video. 9:52:35 if you want to see the match where he does the Firebrand level 3 setup.

Thanks, just finished watching the set. Did I ever tell you I hate fighting Firebrand? I warms my heart to see these pros having this much trouble.

Thanks, just finished watching the set. Did I ever tell you I hate fighting Firebrand? I warms my heart to see these pros having this much trouble.
After playing Firebrand/Dormammu/Morrigan for 5 months and getting nothing but compliments, I played Firebrand/Dormammu/Hidden Missiles for a day and got 3 hatemail.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
The logic of the commentator baffles me. Constantly saying people already won a match in marvel? Yeah no way...especially when the other team has Freakin' Dante/Vergil on it.

Normally, I'd agree, but F.Champ was right a lot of the times. When you consider Rog's characters don't have a means of escaping the welcome mixups, his comments don't seem so farfetched. Firebrand is just one of those characters where you can't block. You just have to avoid his shit at all costs. If someone runs that dirty shit like Zak or Karsticles, losing one character can really mean game over for you once you get touched.

I really, really, really want Zak to do well at Evo / Curley Mustache.

Dahbomb

FChamp thinks he can make top 16.

Although that's really difficult to say IMO, even in top 64 there are going to be a shit ton of killers. I think his performance at FGTV is worthy of top 16 appearance but you never know what he's going to run into.

Zak's team have synergy. Those Firebrand setups are awesome.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Uh you guys know everyone in that house is downloading him right? I'm sure Zak's doing the same but really, they need more Firebrand exp than Zak needs Vergil exp..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom